PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys cut Nick Folk

crzyjournalist03
12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Welcome back, Shaun Suisham:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4762803

Interestingly enough, Suisham missed only three kicks all year before being let go by Washington, with two of those kicks coming in a 7-6 loss against Dallas. So, you could argue that Suisham has already helped Dallas' playoff hopes more than Nick Folk did this year.

Suisham's first game will be against his previous club, the Redskins, this Sunday night.

pirateman98
12-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Earlier than expected for me...I thought he would last till the end of the season. I am glad he is gone.

wimbo_pro
12-21-2009, 07:27 PM
I dunno...he is a decent kicker...and if you go with the odds, his "misses" are probably over and done with. But maybe its this kind of thinking that keeps you out of the win column...I dunno.

Z-RO
12-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Look what happend to mike vanderjagt. He was automatic then all of a sudden just fell off. He missed that 1 kick in the playoffs and his confidence went to hell after that. Folk was never on that level so I think this move came at the perfect time.

eagles_victory
12-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I dunno...he is a decent kicker...and if you go with the odds, his "misses" are probably over and done with. But maybe its this kind of thinking that keeps you out of the win column...I dunno. Something is wrong with Folk I dont know if it is mentally or physically but after seeing how horrible he was in warm ups then in the game in New Orleans he had to go.

wimbo_pro
12-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Something is wrong with Folk I dont know if it is mentally or physically but after seeing how horrible he was in warm ups then in the game in New Orleans he had to go.

You are probably right...its in his head bad at this point...no fixing that.

eagles_victory
12-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You are probably right...its in his head bad at this point...no fixing that. Field goal kicking might be the most mental thing in sports. Only thing I can compare it to is being a closer in baseball. Seems like with those two things once things go south everything begins to snowball and a lot of guys never come back from it.

CelinaCatFan
12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Folk's problem was mental. As a former kicker, I can tell you that those goal posts get closer and closer together when you are struggling.

formermbcouns
12-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Finally!

Deuce
12-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Should have been cut 2 weeks ago.

coach
12-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Field goal kicking might be the most mental thing in sports. Only thing I can compare it to is being a closer in baseball. Seems like with those two things once things go south everything begins to snowball and a lot of guys never come back from it.

i dont know i might have to disagree...being a bullpen catcher is pretty tough on the mind

Highschoolfan78
12-22-2009, 12:15 AM
That's Folked up man...Kickers are either the heroes or the bums.. There is nothing between. I remember when the Steelers cut Kris Brown for missing 4 FG's in a game and an extra point I believe. Then he came to Houston and was pretty automatic (other than this year.)

Eagle 1
12-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Wow, lets drop one kicker that is struggling and pick up another one that is struggling. :thinking:

JHS_c/o_06'
12-22-2009, 12:57 AM
good

GrTigers6
12-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Its about time, I'm just wishing it was another kicker. But at this point you can't get much worse

GUNHO
12-22-2009, 09:43 AM
My mom,not with us any longer,had no patients for kickers.I remember when Dallas was in their haydays and the kicker missed a FG she screamed fire the jerk.This was his only miss but my mom said all he has to do is kick the ball,that's all he is payed to do and if he can't do that fire him.:rolleyes: :D

Farmersfan
12-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I think a kicker is a lot like a golfer. Once a golfer loses his swing something has to change! Folk will be much better off changing teams and taking some time to get his "Swing" back. A 40+ yard FG is difficult to kick consistently and takes some talent but the missed FG in the Saints game was just 2 yards longer than an Extra point. Folk had to go!

Emerson1
12-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Wow, lets drop one kicker that is struggling and pick up another one that is struggling. :thinking:
Suisham was 18/21 before being cut. Had a game where he kicked 3 FGs and Was won 9-7. Nick Folk meanwhile is 18/28.