12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
According to Rivals is.........

Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep

Lake Travis was 2nd and Abilene High was 5th

http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=646

CelinaCatFan
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM
New Jersey?

Everyone knows that Texas has the best football. Same as picante sauce. The best high school football does NOT come from New Jersey.

Get a rope!

GetRDoneStangs
12-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
New Jersey?

Everyone knows that Texas has the best football. Same as picante sauce. The best high school football does NOT come from New Jersey.

Get a rope!

:fnypost:

Maroon87
12-21-2009, 05:42 PM
LT could take 'em...:cool:

Pawdaddy
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
I know that the bigger schools have more boys to choose from, higher budgets for better training facilities, etc. However, I would place the Gilmers, Cueros, and Navasotas against AT LEAST the bottom 50 on that top 100 National List. I believe we even had a Pennsylvania poster (native Texan, given) state the very thing this year. If a school in Texas is not 4A or higher, they get no consideration. I spoke to an Abilene native this weekend who watched the Gilmer/Abilene Wylie and the Abilene High/Katy games and he said he thought Gilmer would beat AH DECISIVELY. That was his word, not mine. Even so, I can't wait for August 2010!

rangerjoe33
12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
No way Gilmer could beat Abilene High this year...that linebacker for Abilene would be all over Stump...he was very good.

NateDawg39
12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Burnet was in the top 50 nationally when Shipley and McGee were there.

zebrablue2
12-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
New Jersey?

Get a rope!

:iagree:

bigwood33
12-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Burnet was in the top 50 nationally when Shipley and McGee were there.
And still didn't win a championship....close but no cigar!

bigwood33
12-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
According to Rivals is.........

Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep

Let those Jersey boys come get a little Abilene High, Trinity, or LT! I'm betting that they wouldn't like it a bit.

Z-RO
12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
I have been griping back and fourth with Dallas Jackson about this...Ill post my e-mail responses once I get a little more time after I cook supper.

bobcat4life
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Let those Jersey boys come get a little Abilene High, Trinity, or LT! I'm betting that they wouldn't like it a bit.
I saw Don Bosco Prep 5 or 6 times on TV this year-would be a quarterfinalist in 5A but thats about it. Abilene is 3 scores better

DDBooger
12-21-2009, 07:54 PM
http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2009/12/don_bosco_beats_saint_peters_t.html
video of them winning their state championship

bigwood33
12-21-2009, 08:32 PM
It is really tough to tell much from that video but it doesn't look like they are very big. Trinity would just mash them!

88bobcats
12-21-2009, 09:41 PM
New Jersey football is a joke.

What do they have, 20 state championships? For a state that small? It seems to me like one of their state championships is the equivalent of a bi-district or area championship in Texas.

Don Bosco is consistently good, but I don't think they'd make it past the area round in any of the Texas metroplexes. I'm curious as to how they beat De La Salle.

Also, did you notice the camera angles didn't show the stadium much. What I could see of it was clear: there were hardly any fans at that game! Most Texas 3A programs travel with more fans than were at that game, and they're supposed to be the best New Jersey team playing in the biggest New Jersey game. What a bunch of hooey!

Abiline, Katy, Trinity, Lake Travis, Westlake.....one of these teams ought to schedule Don Bosco for a "kick-off classic" game to start the season. Katy beat that Bellevue team out of Washington. It'd be great to have Don Bosco whipped by a Texas team. The only problem is that I don't think Don Bosco would schedule the game 'cause they know what would happen.....

the genious
12-21-2009, 09:48 PM
without #26 it looks like alot of teams would smash them haah

Pendragon13
12-21-2009, 11:54 PM
There are few states that can rival Texas for the quality of high school football...New Jersey isn't one of them.:hand:

Pawdaddy
12-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
New Jersey football is a joke.

What do they have, 20 state championships? For a state that small? It seems to me like one of their state championships is the equivalent of a bi-district or area championship in Texas.

Don Bosco is consistently good, but I don't think they'd make it past the area round in any of the Texas metroplexes. I'm curious as to how they beat De La Salle.

Also, did you notice the camera angles didn't show the stadium much. What I could see of it was clear: there were hardly any fans at that game! Most Texas 3A programs travel with more fans than were at that game, and they're supposed to be the best New Jersey team playing in the biggest New Jersey game. What a bunch of hooey!

Abiline, Katy, Trinity, Lake Travis, Westlake.....one of these teams ought to schedule Don Bosco for a "kick-off classic" game to start the season. Katy beat that Bellevue team out of Washington. It'd be great to have Don Bosco whipped by a Texas team. The only problem is that I don't think Don Bosco would schedule the game 'cause they know what would happen.....

Gilmer scheduled a Las Vegas team that was supposed to be the real deal a few years ago in the Trinity Mother Francis KickOff Classic. The Buckeyes beat them like a drum..........like they do everybody in the KickOff Classic! Y'all come to see us now, ya'hear?

bobcat4life
12-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Don Bosco played 2 games this year at a stadium in New Jersey(I forget the name) but it only had one side that held 1500 or so, and it wasnt even full. Ive seen 2a schools with more fans than them.
and 88bobcats, De La Salle had a down year. I saw them get beat twice and they just were not as good as the past few teams

bandera7
12-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I know a few guys from New Jersey that played ball. He described it to me in a way I think fits perfectly: New Jersey's best 22 are typically as good as any states best 22...but thats about all we have. I couldnt believe that in Texas there are alot of guys that didnt play both ways...I think our best team could play a half of football with anybody. Just a half though....I thought that described pretty much every state decently compared to Texas haha

Snyder_TigerFan
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
I spoke to an Abilene native this weekend who watched the Gilmer/Abilene Wylie and the Abilene High/Katy games and he said he thought Gilmer would beat AH DECISIVELY. That was his word, not mine. Even so, I can't wait for August 2010!

Ha! No way. :rolleyes: He probably graduated from Cooper and has a son playing for Wylie.