PDA

View Full Version : The PAT

grahampaw
12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Just something that made me say Wow.On the fake PAT attempt Graham should have been called for a deadball false start.The left end flinched and reset before the ball was snaped......not trying to say we got screwed at all , just something else to say what if.Whould we have kicked from the 8 or let Case try to pass it in?We will never know.

1st&10
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Just something that made me say Wow.On the fake PAT attempt Graham should have been called for a deadball false start.The left end flinched and reset before the ball was snaped......not trying to say we got screwed at all , just something else to say what if.Whould we have kicked from the 8 or let Case try to pass it in?We will never know. Come on Grahampaw....let it go. I know that it is hard. Kinda like the TD that Pitt DID score at the end of the first half and the hold at the end of the game in the end zone...If, if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas!!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.............

Z-RO
12-21-2009, 04:23 PM
The most crucial moment of the entire season and you have a time out left but you dont use it to think about it a little bit more. That suprises me

As far as the Pittsburg game goes...it wasnt a TD

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_82yK_edZZgE/SyWB__i70wI/AAAAAAAAXeI/nUXWxn1PTXQ/s800/_MG_0265.JPG

Emerson1
12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Just something that made me say Wow.On the fake PAT attempt Graham should have been called for a deadball false start.The left end flinched and reset before the ball was snaped......not trying to say we got screwed at all , just something else to say what if.Whould we have kicked from the 8 or let Case try to pass it in?We will never know.
You didn't get screwed because of a non call on a false start on your own team.

Wow, just wow.

and that picture showed absolutely nothing

injuredinmelee
12-21-2009, 04:30 PM
how far wide was the first pat attempt. I dont know you can fualt anyone for going for two with your kicking situation the ENTIRE season.

1st&10
12-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
The most crucial moment of the entire season and you have a time out left but you dont use it to think about it a little bit more. That suprises me

As far as the Pittsburg game goes...it wasnt a TD

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_82yK_edZZgE/SyWB__i70wI/AAAAAAAAXeI/nUXWxn1PTXQ/s800/_MG_0265.JPG It will be next week because the coaches are gone out of town but I will give you a different view of the catch that is in question. The ball was inside the end zone when the catch was made and as your picture shows the contact and reciever both fall down at the one inch line. Not to mention time was left on the clock. But thanks for the picture and off season will start soon!!!

1st&10
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 1st&10
It will be next week because the coaches are gone out of town but I will give you a different view of the catch that is in question. The ball was inside the end zone when the catch was made and as your picture shows the contact and reciever both fall down at the one inch line and there is no way that the ball could have been marked where it was, even from your angle ahd the catch not been made in the endzone.

Deuce
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Wow, just wow.

and that picture showed absolutely nothing

He never said we got screwed. He was just making an observation. And yes our TE on the left side did jump, but it really dont make a sh#$!

grahampaw
12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Wow, just wow.

and that picture showed absolutely nothing Emerson can you not read?I said I know we didnt get screwed.The refs did a great job.We got beat,I know that.Its just something else to talk about fro a great game.As for Z-Ros picture looks like proof to me.

Z-RO
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
how far wide was the first pat attempt. I dont know you can fualt anyone for going for two with your kicking situation the ENTIRE season.

It wasnt far wide..it didnt make it that far. Have you ever seen an onside kick where it is spinning like crazy up in the air after it has already bounced once off the ground...thats what it looked like. It didnt even reach the back of the endzone. Which brings me to something nobody has seemed to have been able to answer thus far. Wasnt there SOMEBODY in the entire Graham high school that could kick better then this?

1st&10
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Emerson can you not read?I said I know we didnt get screwed.The refs did a great job.We got beat,I know that.Its just something else to talk about fro a great game.As for Z-Ros picture looks like proof to me. A time out should have been called and maybe you would have just lined up and ran your best play against their best defense instead of trying to fake a pat without you QB in the game. And you are very correct that it does look like proof from a different angle it might look just a tad different. Anyway, great season for all and turn out the lights the party is over!!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2009, 05:05 PM
.As for Z-Ros picture looks like proof to me.

Really? Where is the ball? I have no clue what happen on that play before the picture, and I still dont when looking at the picture

1st&10
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Really? Where is the ball? I have no clue what happen on that play before the picture, and I still dont when looking at the picture That my friend might have the question of the game. Where was the ball and was the ball when Brown caught it. If you just use common sense it would seem that if the ball was placed on the goal line to end the 1st half then the catch would have had to been made in the end zone. There is a picture that clearly shows the ball in the recievers arms behind the goal line. The field judge was on the four yard line when the picture was taken and maybe if he had been in better position he might have been able to make a different call.

grahampaw
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Really? Where is the ball? I have no clue what happen on that play before the picture, and I still dont when looking at the picture It was the last play of the first half,it was a completed pass that was down at the half yard line.The WR had to dive to make the catch and the picture appears to show he caught the ball out of the endzone but 1st & 10 has another angle to look at.

1st&10
12-21-2009, 05:24 PM
It was the last play of the first half,it was a completed pass that was down at the half yard line.The WR had to dive to make the catch and the picture appears to show he caught the ball out of the endzone but 1st & 10 has another angle to look at. Again....just for arguement sake, if the reciever catches the ball anywhere behind the goal line and then the ball is placed inside the one....wouldn't he have possession in the end zone first? If you just stand up and fall forward without being pushed you would fall further than just 1 1/2 feet???? And that is if the ball was marked on the 1/2 yardline and I think that it was closer to the goal line than that.

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2009, 05:36 PM
It was the last play of the first half,it was a completed pass that was down at the half yard line.The WR had to dive to make the catch and the picture appears to show he caught the ball out of the endzone but 1st & 10 has another angle to look at.

The picture shows two players diving I dont ssee the ball at all..so until I know where the ball is I cant dtermine anything. How do I know he did not catch a yard in the endzone then fell out. Again I cannot see the ball in relation to the picture.

Z-RO
12-21-2009, 06:20 PM
He actully had to dive out of the endzone to catch the football. I want to see this "other angle"...until then

Since I cant get an answer, maybe I can ask it differently. How was Grahams JV place kicker?

GrTigers6
12-21-2009, 07:22 PM
The ball is placed where the official thought the forward progress was. Just a thought.

1st&10
12-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
The ball is placed where the official thought the forward progress was. Just a thought. again...if the reciever is diving out of the end zone which clearly he was...dang good eyes by the official to spot the ball on the one foot line...I will try to get the picture next week. I do not think that it is possible to catch the ball going forward and not a TD when you spot the ball on the one foot line. Where is instant replay when we need it? j/k Graham won and went on to play in the title game. Pitt made too many mistakes and had a gimpy RB.

1st&10
12-21-2009, 08:08 PM
He actully had to dive out of the endzone to catch the football. I want to see this "other angle"...until then

Since I cant get an answer, maybe I can ask it differently. How was Grahams JV place kicker? Why so nice? I bet there are some serious time spent on kicking pat's this spring and two a days!!! While you are at it....send one to Dallas. They need one more than Graham now!

1st&10
12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Just something that made me say Wow.On the fake PAT attempt Graham should have been called for a deadball false start.The left end flinched and reset before the ball was snaped......not trying to say we got screwed at all , just something else to say what if.Whould we have kicked from the 8 or let Case try to pass it in?We will never know. I have a great idea..Let's have a rematch in September. Play on a Saturday in Mesquite. Now that would be fun!!!

LE Dad
12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Graham won and went on to play in the title game. Pitt made too many mistakes and had a gimpy RB. I wish Burns and Manley were both at full speed in that game. Pitt was playing awesome ball until Kennedale put a hurting on them. That was the best Pitt team that I have seen. :D

Z-RO
12-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Why so nice? I bet there are some serious time spent on kicking pat's this spring and two a days!!! While you are at it....send one to Dallas. They need one more than Graham now!

I doubt it, it was pretty obvious the kicking game was going to be inconsistant all season long...which it was. You have to think, Graham didnt kick one single field goal during the regular season...why was that? Im sorry but if I know that my kicker is that inconsistant I am trying everything in my power to find somebody who can kick it between the poles...even if it took a open tryout that went school wide. Might not sound like that big of a deal until you realize it almost cost you a semi final game, and actully cost you a state championship.:thinking:

ccmom
12-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I doubt it, it was pretty obvious the kicking game was going to be inconsistant all season long...which it was. You have to think, Graham didnt kick one single field goal during the regular season...why was that? Im sorry but if I know that my kicker is that inconsistant I am trying everything in my power to find somebody who can kick it between the poles...even if it took a open tryout that went school wide. Might not sound like that big of a deal until you realize it almost cost you a semi final game, and actully cost you a state championship.:thinking: Don't you have a "level 2 source" at Graham? Maybe he or she can help you out with your question.

Z-RO
12-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Still sore about your buddy RWB huh.

I can somewhat answer this...Cameron Bailey can kick, so why wasnt he used throughout the season? I understand you want to find a position for the kid who had never played football before...but still. I know a lot more then what you give me credit for

Deuce
12-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Still sore about your buddy RWB huh.

I can somewhat answer this...Cameron Bailey can kick, so why wasnt he used throughout the season? I understand you want to find a position for the kid who had never played football before...but still. I know a lot more then what you give me credit for

All i have heard is that the JV kid was good at PAT's but could not play this week due to personal reasons. Also heard that Hiser could kick pat's, and not sure why he was not given a chance. I have seen Bailey kick the ball straight down the middle of the field many times on the kickoff and very deep. So to answer your question, I have no answer! It makes me sick to think about it.

Pawdaddy
12-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Don't you have a "level 2 source" at Graham? Maybe he or she can help you out with your question.

Isn't the term "resource"?

Z-RO
12-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Deuce
All i have heard is that the JV kid was good at PAT's but could not play this week due to personal reasons. Also heard that Hiser could kick pat's, and not sure why he was not given a chance. I have seen Bailey kick the ball straight down the middle of the field many times on the kickoff and very deep. So to answer your question, I have no answer! It makes me sick to think about it.

See this doesnt make sense...why wouldnt you let any of the options mentioned above take over the kicking duties once you know your present kicker isnt consistant by any means? I said all season long (as did many others) that their kicking game was going to cost them a game and it did so at the worst possible time.

ccmom
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Isn't the term "resource"? Well, "level 2 source" is a new term for me. ZRO used it earlier in the season. I was told it is between a level 1 and a level 3 source. You learn something new everyday around here.

Z-RO
12-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Well, "level 2 source" is a new term for me. ZRO used it earlier in the season. I was told it is between a level 1 and a level 3 source. You learn something new everyday around here.

Level 1 source is right out of the person’s mouth
Level 2 source is somebody close to the situation...friend/coworker...etc
Level 3 source is a friend or coworker...etc of a level 2 source

1st&10
12-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I wish Burns and Manley were both at full speed in that game. Pitt was playing awesome ball until Kennedale put a hurting on them. That was the best Pitt team that I have seen. :D Make no mistake, Kennedale was good. Very good. They did everything that they had to do to win and hit and block as well as any team this season....Props to Kennedale.

NIJacket
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Make no mistake, Kennedale was good. Very good. They did everything that they had to do to win and hit and block as well as any team this season....Props to Kennedale.

Same to Pittsburg, They played 4 Q against PG. Momentum shifted on the INT called back for roughing. Watched the replay over and over, sure didn't look like a good call. ( I have a picture of it, Just can't figure out how to post it). But you know, it doesn't matter. You have to play better than the calls, and can't make the kind of mistakes teams that lost this year did.

BEAST
12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Is there not a youth soccer league in Graham? Brownwood always has a couple of good kickers. Those kickers are always the kids that grew up playing soccer. Just wondering.

BEAST

SWAS009
12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Yes, he caught the ball. But it's not where his feet are. It's where the ball is. He caught it, feet in the endzone. Ball out of bounds. That's why it was a no touchdown. Ball was placed at the 1, and it was halftime.

Karl's kick, was more like an onside kick. The next kick by Hiser, who was a good kicker his sophomore year before he was moved up to varsity. McCoy should of let him kick it. But, none of it matters now, especially the penalty no call on the point after.

Z-RO
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
I really dont see how or WHY you would allow a kid to continue kicking after you see the results you are getting before district started. If Hiser can kick EP's/FG's I dont know why you wouldnt let him do so. You would have figured they would have figured this out after it almost backfired in their face against Pittsburg. In my opinion (and many others) this was a bad coaching decision that cost them a state title.

1st&10
12-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by NIJacket
Same to Pittsburg, They played 4 Q against PG. Momentum shifted on the INT called back for roughing. Watched the replay over and over, sure didn't look like a good call. ( I have a picture of it, Just can't figure out how to post it). But you know, it doesn't matter. You have to play better than the calls, and can't make the kind of mistakes teams that lost this year did. Who do you think will be in 16 3a next year? It looks like Pitt will be going south.

Inmateboss
12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Is there not a youth soccer league in Graham? Brownwood always has a couple of good kickers. Those kickers are always the kids that grew up playing soccer. Just wondering.

BEAST

Soccer is the only thing our kicker played, before moving to Graham! I watched him during practice and he kicked good, not great but is a work in progress. He kicked some nice F/G's during practice! IMO the pressure of the "Big Games", hurt him. He kicked real good against Wimberley, so I feel the pressure got to him!!! 1st year to be on a football field and your in front of 12000 people, playing for the State Title, yea no pressure there! Our coach could have put in anybody, and walked away with the same results! We'll never know! The only thing we know for sure is our Kicker feels like he lost the game, and our coach feels like he lost the game, and both feel like crap!!!!! I just hope our kicker doesn't quit and will just settle in and keep trying, I know there is a good kicker in there, we just have to find him!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Graham didnt kick one single field goal during the regular season...
In 2006, we didn't attempt one until the last :06 of the 15th game! :D

wtfootball
12-23-2009, 12:16 AM
I can tell you as an unbiased bystander and not a fan of the McCoys or Texas University that this photo shows an obvious no TD. The ball is obviously short of the goal line unless he is holding it around his waist. Unless he caught it deeper in the end zone and if so would see no reason why he would dive out. Seems like an obvious dive for the ball just short of the goal line. I know it hurts, been there, watched a winning TD called back for a bogus hold, watched 4th down a full yard short allowed with no measurement but that's the way it goes. Let it go guys, Graham deserved to be in the big game, great photo though. At this time, I think it's time to give Carthage and Gilmer all the congrats and respect they deserve. I see these same teams in the State hunt year after year while so many others only go 2 to 3 rounds deep year after year. I can't beleive that one county has all the athletes year after year. I believe those that coach these Gilmer, Carthage type programs deserve much respect. They take a new group of kids every couple of years and turn them into champions.

Z-RO
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
In 2006, we didn't attempt one until the last :06 of the 15th game! :D

Because yall didnt need to! lol....How many extra points did yall miss?:thinking:

LE Dad
12-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Who do you think will be in 16 3a next year? It looks like Pitt will be going south. Not even sure who will be in 16 3A next year. New Boston, Mt Vernon on line for 2A. If they move down and ya'll move over with Gilmer then a rebuilding PG, an Atlanta team that I have no idea why kids aren't coming out to play, and an LE team with alot of returning starters will be looking for 3 playmates. Most obivious choice will be Paris, North Lamar and Commerce. Alot depends on that bottom #. Who wins? Good luck with that prediction.:thinking:

Z-RO
12-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Soccer is the only thing our kicker played, before moving to Graham! I watched him during practice and he kicked good, not great but is a work in progress. He kicked some nice F/G's during practice! IMO the pressure of the "Big Games", hurt him. He kicked real good against Wimberley, so I feel the pressure got to him!!! 1st year to be on a football field and your in front of 12000 people, playing for the State Title, yea no pressure there! Our coach could have put in anybody, and walked away with the same results! We'll never know! The only thing we know for sure is our Kicker feels like he lost the game, and our coach feels like he lost the game, and both feel like crap!!!!! I just hope our kicker doesn't quit and will just settle in and keep trying, I know there is a good kicker in there, we just have to find him!!!

How has he performed during games during the regular season? Somebody more consistant should have been kicking plain and simple. If he wasnt a senior and this was his first year of playing football why would you expect him to preform any differently then he did? He should have been placed on JV and had a season to progress. And FYI he missed a extra point against Wimberley as well.

Inmateboss
12-23-2009, 04:47 PM
How has he performed during games during the regular season? Somebody more consistant should have been kicking plain and simple. If he wasnt a senior and this was his first year of playing football why would you expect him to preform any differently then he did? He should have been placed on JV and had a season to progress. And FYI he missed a extra point against Wimberley as well.

Are you a Coach??? Yep he missed one during the Wimberley game! How many did he make????

garciap77
12-23-2009, 05:14 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-1.jpg

Z-RO
12-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Are you a Coach??? Yep he missed one during the Wimberley game! How many did he make????

NONE when they COUNTED.

You act like he hadnt been shanking them all season long and it was a none issue.

Inmateboss
12-23-2009, 07:50 PM
NONE when they COUNTED.

You act like he hadnt been shanking them all season long and it was a none issue.

They don't count during the game???? Then what are you harping about!!! OH, I get it now you lost a bunch of money on them. :tisk:

PS: GET OVER IT !!!! Let it go, you'll be a better person for it !!!

1st&10
12-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
I can tell you as an unbiased bystander and not a fan of the McCoys or Texas University that this photo shows an obvious no TD. The ball is obviously short of the goal line unless he is holding it around his waist. Unless he caught it deeper in the end zone and if so would see no reason why he would dive out. Seems like an obvious dive for the ball just short of the goal line. I know it hurts, been there, watched a winning TD called back for a bogus hold, watched 4th down a full yard short allowed with no measurement but that's the way it goes. Let it go guys, Graham deserved to be in the big game, great photo though. At this time, I think it's time to give Carthage and Gilmer all the congrats and respect they deserve. I see these same teams in the State hunt year after year while so many others only go 2 to 3 rounds deep year after year. I can't beleive that one county has all the athletes year after year. I believe those that coach these Gilmer, Carthage type programs deserve much respect. They take a new group of kids every couple of years and turn them into champions. Next week you might have a different view and maybe you will see it a little differently. I never said that Graham shouldn't have made it to the title game. We made too many mistakes to win a big game. And one more time, there is no way that a ball can be marked at the 1 1/2 foot line and not have the ball in possession behind the goal line. There have been a lot of TD's call when someone catches the ball on or behind the goal line and then falls back into the playing field.

Z-RO
12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
They don't count during the game???? Then what are you harping about!!! OH, I get it now you lost a bunch of money on them. :tisk:

PS: GET OVER IT !!!! Let it go, you'll be a better person for it !!!

You know what the hell I was talking about. When those points were needed in crucial times in the game you were better off going for it....guess that explains those 2 possessions against Brownwood.

Inmateboss
12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
You know what the hell I was talking about. When those points were needed in crucial times in the game you were better off going for it....guess that explains those 2 possessions against Brownwood.

What???

Z-RO
12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
What???

That couldnt have explained "you" any more...