5. Dallas Clark, Iowa
6. Daniel Graham, Colorado
7. Marcedes Lewis, UCLA
8. Todd Heap, Arizona State
9. Matt Spaeth, Minnesota
10. Travis Beckum, Wisconsin

coach
12-21-2009, 01:38 PM
i can already tell that this board is going to have a field day with this one lol

Spread It Out
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
LT should be 1st team over D-Mac, IMO.

Old Tiger
12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
LT should be 1st team over D-Mac, IMO. McFadden was runner up in the Heisman two years in a row.

Booter11
12-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Skill positions - others are on the CFN site

Quarterbacks

CFN First-Team All-Decade
1. Tim Tebow, Florida

Tebow does belong on the All-Decade Team but not as a first teamer... Another perfect example of how the media has made him out to be better than he really is... He's a great athlete and leader but he is not the best QB of the decade.. Not even close

Spread It Out
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
McFadden was runner up in the Heisman two years in a row.

LT finished his college career with 5,263 rushing yards and 54 touchdowns. He was the second player ever to surpass 2,000 yards in a season, and he set the Div-1 record for most rushing yards in a game (406).

Darren McFadden finished his career with 4,590 yards and 41 touchdowns.

:thinking: I'm going with LT.

3afan
12-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Booter11
Tebow does belong on the All-Decade Team but not as a first teamer... Another perfect example of how the media has made him out to be better than he really is... He's a great athlete and leader but he is not the best QB of the decade.. Not even close

CFN's criteria:
1. Pro potential and production means nothing here. The NFL doesn't exist in this world. The selections are only based on what happened in college.
2. Talent has something to do with this, but college production is the key factor. Were Jason White and Ken Dorsey among the most talented quarterbacks of the decade? Not really, but they were among the most celebrated and accomplished players. However ...
3. Stats don't mean everything. They help, but sheer numbers aren't enough.
4. The eardrum test. Are these players legends by name recognition alone? Heismans, All-America honors, and other awards help the cause. Being the star on conference and national title are a really big deal.

eagles_victory
12-21-2009, 03:54 PM
The eye test will tell you Vince Young was the best quarterback of the decade.

CelinaCatFan
12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
While LT is a deserving candidate, I would have to go with D-Mac.

You have to consider the level of opponents that each faced on a weekly basis. Which do you consider stronger ...Mountain West or SEC?

D-Mac faced much tougher defenses on a weekly basis. No his stats are not as good as LT's stats. But, they were against better opponents and defenses.

Old Tiger
12-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
LT finished his college career with 5,263 rushing yards and 54 touchdowns. He was the second player ever to surpass 2,000 yards in a season, and he set the Div-1 record for most rushing yards in a game (406).

Darren McFadden finished his career with 4,590 yards and 41 touchdowns.

:thinking: I'm going with LT. LT played 4 years of college ball McFadden only played 3

Eagle Eyes
12-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Booter11

Tim Tebow should have been in the honorable mention.

What a over-hyped media creation he is.

big daddy russ
12-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Eagle Eyes
Tim Tebow should have been in the honorable mention.

What a over-hyped media creation he is.
Three BCS bowls, two national championships, first sophomore to win the Heisman. I wouldn't kick him off my team.

88bobcats
12-22-2009, 03:33 AM
They've got Brady Quinn in the list......

Now that's funny!

3afan
12-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
They've got Brady Quinn in the list......

Now that's funny!

why? he was a really good COLLEGE QB

Third
12-22-2009, 11:19 AM
The only ones I don't have a problem with are Peterson as a first team RB and the WRs and TEs. As much as I hate to say it I think Leinart would be my #1 QB over Tebow. His college career was pretty good.

the genious
12-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Tebow as #1-----NO!!!! and Graham Harrel isnt even honorable mention what the heck is that

Emerson1
12-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by the genious
Tebow as #1-----NO!!!! and Graham Harrel isnt even honorable mention what the heck is that
Because he never won anything. In biggest win of his career the best play he made was just throwing a jump ball for one of the best WRs of all time to catch against freshman secondary players.

TheDOCTORdre
12-22-2009, 12:39 PM
once again i gotta throw this out there, you cant really pick a 1st team quarteback unless you know what kind of offense is being run

the genious
12-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Because he never won anything. In biggest win of his career the best play he made was just throwing a jump ball for one of the best WRs of all time to catch against freshman secondary players.

half the QB's on there havent won anything ll im saying is he was a great college quarterback

NateDawg39
12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
half the QB's on there havent won anything ll im saying is he was a great college quarterback What has Tim Tebow won? Besides a Heisman, a national championship, a few smaller trophys, and the hearts and minds of people all over the nation, and the ability to brainwash the media?

TheDOCTORdre
12-22-2009, 08:26 PM
In my opinion if you want a quarteback who in college could inspire his team and lead them emotionally into battle and that kinda stuff you go with Tebow, but if you want a player who can single handedly take over a game athletically and is a threat to run and pass you go with VY, but if you want someone to run a pro style offense you go with Leinhart, f you want someone to air it out and put up tons of pass yards, I'm going with Keenum

Third
12-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
In my opinion if you want a quarteback who in college could inspire his team and lead them emotionally into battle and that kinda stuff you go with Tebow, but if you want a player who can single handedly take over a game athletically and is a threat to run and pass you go with VY, but if you want someone to run a pro style offense you go with Leinhart, f you want someone to air it out and put up tons of pass yards, I'm going with Keenum

To be fair, Leinart did his fair share of winning games. (Bush Push) I'm just saying. :D

the genious
12-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
What has Tim Tebow won? Besides a Heisman, a national championship, a few smaller trophys, and the hearts and minds of people all over the nation, and the ability to brainwash the media?

Tebow wasn''t in that half i was talking about haha should have explaned that all im saying is harell deserves honorable mention

coach
12-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Tebow wasn''t in that half i was talking about haha should have explaned that all im saying is harell deserves honorable mention

i would love to have a guy on my team whos biggest accomplishment was losing to an overrated sec team in the cotton bowl

CenTexSports
12-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Just a question: How can the QB with the most wins in D1 football history not be the best of his decade? Colt should get this one.

coach
12-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Just a question: How can the QB with the most wins in D1 football history not be the best of his decade? Colt should get this one.

bc then david greene would be 2nd

bandera7
12-23-2009, 10:49 PM
I honestly thought Colt should go ahead of Leinart-IF texas wins this game.

the genious
12-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by coach
i would love to have a guy on my team whos biggest accomplishment was losing to an overrated sec team in the cotton bowl

Ima drop the graham harrel thing haha just saying he was good in college lmfao:)