PDA

View Full Version : Out of state opponents 2010

NateDawg39
12-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Anyone know of any big games for Texas high school teams next year? Or is there a certain team you would like to see your school play?

Personally i would like to see Bridgeport and Decatur go against Altus, Oklahoma...

Old Tiger
12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
WOS87, what is Texas high school footballs record versus out of state opponents?

LE Dad
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
WOS87, what is Texas high school footballs record versus out of state opponents? That one will take awhile:doh: Just the Texarkana schools will have at least 3-4 out of state games a year. Lot easier travel wise for us to play Arkansas, Louisana, and Oklahoma schools. Records for our schools would favor the Texas schools though. Texarkana, Texas has a sizeable lead in the long running series with the Texarkana, Ar. Razorbacks. :D

waterboy
12-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I know Gilmer's record against out-of-state opponents:D : 2-0

'06 - Gilmer 56, Las Vegas NV Bishop Gorman 14
'07 - Gilmer 39, Monroe LA Richwood 0

:D

bowleghorses
12-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I know Gilmer's record against out-of-state opponents:D : 2-0

'06 - Gilmer 56, Las Vegas NV Bishop Gorman 14
'07 - Gilmer 39, Monroe LA Richwood 0

:D

If Gilmer wants to play a real tough Louisiana team, they need to set up a game with Evangel or John Curtis...Both 2A...but they better lace them up tight.

l:clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
12-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
If Gilmer wants to play a real tough Louisiana team, they need to set up a game with Evangel or John Curtis...Both 2A...but they better lace them up tight.

l:clap: :clap: :clap: Evangel ain't what they used to be. Calvary(sp) is the hot Shreveport school of late. All about recruiting. Curtis is a good program as long as they stay 3A or below. They made the mistake of taking on Longview a few years back and probably won't make that mistake again :doh: Louisana has some good teams. The teams that I have seen just don't travel well:dispntd:

Now if Gilmer wants a war, call up Nashville, Ar. I promise that would be an awesome game. Meet halfway in Texarkana, once on Texas side with Texas rules, and once on Arkie side. I predict a score of 78- 77, last one with the ball wins.:D

waterboy
12-22-2009, 09:02 AM

l:clap: :clap: :clap:
True. That Monroe Richwood game was a fill in on our schedule because of the 1-year matchup with Las Vegas Bishop Gorman in the TMF Rose Classic Kickoff. All the Texas teams had that date filled as it was in the middle of the 2-year realignment deals, and we needed a game, so we had to go out of state and Richwood was the first team to say yes. If we were to play Evangel or John Curtis we'd have to have a good off-season recruiting season.....:D Those schools definitely have a huge advantage because they are allowed to recruit, but I do think that most years Gilmer could compete very well with them.....maybe even beat them.

bowleghorses
12-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Evangel ain't what they used to be. Calvary(sp) is the hot Shreveport school of late. All about recruiting. Curtis is a good program as long as they stay 3A or below. They made the mistake of taking on Longview a few years back and probably won't make that mistake again :doh: Louisana has some good teams. The teams that I have seen just don't travel well:dispntd:

Now if Gilmer wants a war, call up Nashville, Ar. I promise that would be an awesome game. Meet halfway in Texarkana, once on Texas side with Texas rules, and once on Arkie side. I predict a score of 78- 77, last one with the ball wins.:D

Evangel beat john curtis in the championship game this year.:D

LE Dad
12-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Evangel beat john curtis in the championship game this year.:D Evangel just hasn't faired as well out of state as they once did. Texas High and Marshall have played them recently and Evangel just was overmatched. They would probably fair better against a smaller school.:D

turbostud
12-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Gainesville played a Okie team a few years ago I think. And a Cali team.

bowleghorses
12-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Evangel just hasn't faired as well out of state as they once did. Texas High and Marshall have played them recently and Evangel just was overmatched. They would probably fair better against a smaller school.:D

They are always in the mix over here and the thing you have to realize is that they are in 2A but constantly play some of the best teams around.They are one team that recruits but are willing to play anyone, win or lose.

LE Dad
12-22-2009, 08:52 PM
They are always in the mix over here and the thing you have to realize is that they are in 2A but constantly play some of the best teams around.They are one team that recruits but are willing to play anyone, win or lose. Yeah, they are right down the road from me. Most of our TV comes from S'port, LA. Went to Evangel / T High game and watched them play Springdale, Ar and Marshall on TV. They are actually LA 1A size but none of the 1A schools want to play them and they really don't want to play the 1As. The 2 years they were forced to do so were not pretty for the opposition. The Booty clan defecting over to Calvary did hurt their recruiting somewhat, but I am sure the Evangel name will live on.:clap: :clap:

Twirling Time
12-23-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Gainesville played a Okie team a few years ago I think. And a Cali team.

They hosted the Cali team in 2005 and they're supposed to play a return game in Week Zero in 2010. They've played several Okie teams in the past, being on the river.

Pawdaddy
12-23-2009, 06:34 AM
These out of state games place a different type of interest into the mix, but only if the two teams has the history and reputation to bring. I still want to see Gilmer and Carthage play in Tyler for the TMF KickOff Classic. Even in Week 0, that would be the one game of the year that would take something like a matchup between the same two for the Championship at the end of the year to beat it! Come on, Coaches! Make it happen!!!