PDA

View Full Version : Who to look out for in 2010?

pirateman98
12-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Who do you think is going to give everyone a surprise next year?

Green Bling
12-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I think Cuero will command a lot of respect again next season. Key guys coming back and good prospects coming up.

grmfan93
12-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Sweetwater.

They were similar to us last year. Great talen on the team just not enough xp.

oldtownag
12-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Kilgore Bulldogs - May move to 3A ranks and returning most of their starters. Henderson Lions - Moving to 3A ranks just missed the playoffs. Both might be in the same district as Carthage.

Looking4number8
12-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I have to say Breckenridge especially if they go 2A. If they stay 3A, I don't think they will be a power house but will surprise a few teams. Steve Freeman will have them looking at football as a priority instead of a pass time.

bobcat4life
12-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Stephenville & La Marque. If they go 3a like Padilla predicted, they will both be very tough to beat. Cuero will be better with Trent Jackson returning for his junior season.

STANG RED
12-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
Sweetwater.

They were similar to us last year. Great talen on the team just not enough xp.

I hope your right, and we will be much better, but honestly probably still one more year away from being all the way back.

Brownwood will be awful good on both sides of the ball next season. We just saw a taste of it this year. Most of those starters were sophs and juniors, but still played great ball. It wouldnt hurt my feelings at all, if we're not in the same district next season.

I hope Breck does drop to 2A. With Freeman there now, they'll get good quickly, and could start making deep playoffs runs very soon. Maybe even next season.

bigwood33
12-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Celina will be better, I am sure but the team in our district that COULD make a jump is Sanger. They were very young and started a soph qb who is big and has a big arm. If Padilla is correct with Celina, Pilot Point, Aubrey, Sanger and Gainesville in our district, losing Argyle and Prosper will REALLY help them (Sanger). Not a fan of theirs, just an opinion.

The other thing to not worry about is those schools with enrollments over 1000, like Stephenville, moving to 3A. IT ISN"T GOING TO HAPPEN!

NateDawg39
12-20-2009, 02:23 PM
I think Decatur will be improved from a 2-8 season. Returning a few good guys in the secondary and from all the rumors going around, it looks like Bridgeport will move out of the district but I am kinda doubting that. Decatur might be in the district with Vernon, Bowie, Graham and no telling who else. I would like to see them play with a district in Dallas or Fort Worth.

wimbo_pro
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I think Cuero will command a lot of respect again next season. Key guys coming back and good prospects coming up.

Cuero ALWAYS gets respect...almost every single year they are in the top 5 or so. No surprise here!

Pendragon13
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Lucas Lovejoy....may be a new school but they are trying hard (and almost succeeded this year) to start a legacy. Imagine Abilene Wylie with *true* 4A numbers and that is Lovejoy next year. They also return a lot of players that almost got themselves to the state final. (but would have fallen to Gilmer anyway.;) )

wimbo_pro
12-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Wimberley should be a strong contender. Young team with good talent...excellent talent in a few skilled positions. I would bet it will come down to the talent on the offensive line...if the coaches can get that, then watch out.

Sweetwater Red
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Big Spring

There is no doubt that they will be 3A next year. Depending on
how much they return from this year's team, they should be the
team to beat in Region I. I just hope the UIL doesn't screw up
by putting them in the same disitrict as two other teams that have
a 900+ enrollment. :mad:

VWG
12-20-2009, 03:29 PM
This thread is kinda useless until Feb. 2nd.

wimbo_pro
12-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by VWG

One could argue all these threads are useless....

Emerson1
12-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Not really. Maybe if someone said Stephenville or a team that is iffy to be 3A next year.

NateDawg39
12-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by VWG
This thread is kinda useless until Feb. 2nd. As I told Loco Toro, We can sit here and not do anything for a few months or we can talk some future football...

mwrams
12-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Mineral Wells went 3-7 in 6-4A. They should drop down to 3A with their number at 961. They beat Glen Rose & Bridgeport. Gave 4A State Champ Aledo a game for 3 qts. QB & RB's are just sophmores. They have been in districts with the likes of Aledo, Everman, Stephenville & Birdville for the past 6 years. Have outstanding facilities and a $12 million dollar stadium. Could reall enjoy being in 3A!

TheDOCTORdre
12-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Wheres ole Rocket to tell us that Brownwwod is the 2010 state champs?

oh and look out for Wylie because they should be in 4A...

And as always look out for Snyder because they SUCK!

wimbo_pro
12-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
Mineral Wells went 3-7 in 6-4A. They should drop down to 3A with their number at 961. They beat Glen Rose & Bridgeport. Gave 4A State Champ Aledo a game for 3 qts. QB & RB's are just sophmores. They have been in districts with the likes of Aledo, Everman, Stephenville & Birdville for the past 6 years. Have outstanding facilities and a $12 million dollar stadium. Could reall enjoy being in 3A!

And we would welcome you. But before you will be fully accepted by this board, you will have to go and beat Brownwood. It's kind of a ritual here the last 2 years. Just about everyone's done it...and liked it!

NateDawg39
12-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
And we would welcome you. But before you will be fully accepted by this board, you will have to go and beat Brownwood. It's kind of a ritual here the last 2 years. Just about everyone's done it...and liked it! :clap: :clap:

Z-RO
12-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Brownwood...seriously. Didnt they start like 18 juniors? I dont like there chances if they move up to 4A, but if they stay in 3A :thinking:

NateDawg39
12-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Brownwood...seriously. Didnt they start like 18 juniors? I dont like there chances if they move up to 4A, but if they stay in 3A :thinking: If they stay 3A they will probably make the playoffs but thats about it :D

bobcat4life
12-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
If they stay 3A they will probably make the playoffs but thats about it :D hype will kick them in the pants. 3-7 again...

1st&10
12-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Pittsburg will make another deep run next year in the playoffs regardless D1 or D2. QB coming back and three running backs as good as the one they lost this year. Three recievers that can catch and run the ball after the catch. OL that will be stronger than this years and an improving defense. Looking forward to 7 on 7

coach
12-21-2009, 11:14 AM
fairfield

BILLYFRED0000
12-21-2009, 11:31 AM
One could argue all these threads are useless....

One could argue that uselessness is useless.

Sville
12-21-2009, 11:34 AM
And we would welcome you. But before you will be fully accepted by this board, you will have to go and beat Brownwood. It's kind of a ritual here the last 2 years. Just about everyone's done it...and liked it!

Then it won't take Sville long to attain 3ADL membership status if we drop.

Bwood is going to be pretty dang good next year tho, as much as it pains me to say that. They started 16 underclassmen (8 on each side) in our game with them this year. They will be 3A. I believe they turned in just under 900 if I remember correctly.

sinfan75
12-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Sinton could be pretty good. Question mark will be at QB, but solid everywhere else.

NateDawg39
12-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton could be pretty good. Question mark will be at QB, but solid everywhere else. Sinton will go 0-10 :devil: Unless they play Brownwood

Pudlugger
12-21-2009, 02:19 PM
La Grange should be back strong next year with 7 back on Offense and 6 back on Defense. Key will be to fill 3 starting spots on the o line and qb. Some jv players will need to step up and fill some big shoes. If they do the Leps will be competitive in whatever district they end up in after realignment.

pirate4state
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
La Grange should be back strong next year with 7 back on Offense and 6 back on Defense. Key will be to fill 3 starting spots on the o line and qb. Some jv players will need to step up and fill some big shoes. If they do the Leps will be competitive in whatever district they end up in after realignment. Are yall still gonna run the spread or yall going to a run based offense?

Ex-Tiger2005
12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

You must have missed the game this year!!! HAHA!

Snyder will be good next year but we will continue to be quiet and fly under the radar!

Pudlugger
12-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Are yall still gonna run the spread or yall going to a run based offense?

The word on the street is the offense will be a slot t or similar run oriented offense. We'll have two all district running backs and TE returning, an all state wr and a decent back up qb who could run the show. It will be refreshing to see some good old power run smash mouth football.

Spread It Out
12-21-2009, 03:20 PM
an all state wr \

Is he getting many looks from colleges so far? I saw him a couple times this year and he really is a great receiver.

Charlie47
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Lucas Lovejoy....may be a new school but they are trying hard (and almost succeeded this year) to start a legacy. Imagine Abilene Wylie with *true* 4A numbers and that is Lovejoy next year. They also return a lot of players that almost got themselves to the state final. (but would have fallen to Gilmer anyway.;) )

We have 8 offensive and defensive starters returning. The starters returning include our QB over 4000yds rushing and passing. He also had 39 TDs, it also included our RB, over 1000
yds and all our receivers. We would look forward to seeing
Wylie again. ;)

bwdlionfan
12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by mwrams

How many playoff appearances has Mineral Wells made over the last 10-20 years?

I know they've suffered a lot in 4A over the years.

I remember the old old 6-4 with Brownwood, Stephenville, Mineral Wells, Joshua, Granbury, and Graham.

bigwood33
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
We have 8 offensive and defensive starters returning. The starters returning include our QB over 4000yds rushing and passing. He also had 39 TDs, it also included our RB, over 1000
yds and all our receivers. We would look forward to seeing
Wylie again. ;)

One thing that you should know about Wylie....they ain't scared!

TRENCHES06
12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Is he getting many looks from colleges so far? I saw him a couple times this year and he really is a great receiver.

Once they get his highlight film from this year, the colleges should flock to La Grange...

TRENCHES06
12-21-2009, 08:14 PM
The word on the street is the offense will be a slot t or similar run oriented offense. We'll have two all district running backs and TE returning, an all state wr and a decent back up qb who could run the show. It will be refreshing to see some good old power run smash mouth football.

You'll have to wait to find out ;)

It won't be pure slot-T or 5 wide shotgun.

TRENCHES06
12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
La Grange should be back strong next year with 7 back on Offense and 6 back on Defense. Key will be to fill 3 starting spots on the o line and qb. Some jv players will need to step up and fill some big shoes. If they do the Leps will be competitive in whatever district they end up in after realignment.

Replacing the 2 guards will be a big task. They recognized the defenses and dictated who everybody blocked. The most experienced linemen now is the center who was a work in progress early on in the season.

Qb will be a 4 man tryout in the spring and possibly into 2-a-days. There will not be another rotating qb situation like in 2008.

Some current freshmen will help, a couple of jv's may help and there are always diamonds in the rough every year.

One thing about La Grange kids........they fight their butts off and because of that, they will be successful.

Charlie47
12-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
One thing that you should know about Wylie....they ain't scared!

I don't believe I said they should be scared.;)

the genious
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM

thier freshman and i think JV ran the slot T in '08 and they didnt change this year so we will c

easttexas3a
12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
If Kilgore drops down out here in East Texas they could be very good this upcomign year, they were very very young. I think Gilmer will be good again, maybe not state champion good, but they will be good. Cuero will go far, that RB is a beast. I think that if Stephenville drops they will be very very good, dont have as much faith in La Marque.

MamaBull
12-22-2009, 02:48 AM
I think Decatur will be improved from a 2-8 season. Returning a few good guys in the secondary and from all the rumors going around, it looks like Bridgeport will move out of the district but I am kinda doubting that. Decatur might be in the district with Vernon, Bowie, Graham and no telling who else. I would like to see them play with a district in Dallas or Fort Worth.
lost 4 of 5 linemen, all d-line, half of the LBS and 2 in the secondary. also the starting qb for the whole season was moved to defense the last two games. the only hope that team has at a winning record is Tyler Hodges. dont know about you but i dont see much turning around there.

MamaBull
12-22-2009, 02:50 AM
also 3 recievers and two running backs are gone.

MamaBull
12-22-2009, 02:51 AM
they'll get waxed in an intercity district.

MamaBull
12-22-2009, 02:52 AM
WDA
WDA
WDA
WDA
WDA
WDA
WDA
WDA
guess what?!?!?!?!?
WDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

big daddy russ
12-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Mathis. That RB that's coming back may be one of the best in the state.

I've also heard through the grapevine that they return a lot in the trenches. Any Mathis people with any insight?

bulldog82
12-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
You must have missed the game this year!!! HAHA!

Snyder will be good next year but we will continue to be quiet and fly under the radar! snyder...... be quiet?.......oh ...ok!

Blastoderm55
12-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Mathis. That RB that's coming back may be one of the best in the state.

I've also heard through the grapevine that they return a lot in the trenches. Any Mathis people with any insight?

They return four starters in the backfield, both ends, and one OL. The kids coming up from JV are bigger and had a great season. The D will be stacked with about 7 returning starters.

Ex-Tiger2005
12-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
snyder...... be quiet?.......oh ...ok!

Weird huh?
:D

waterboy
12-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Mexia and Cuero

kepdawg
12-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't know, but in 4A NOT Denison!

NateDawg39
12-22-2009, 07:59 PM
In 1A not Chico..they were shut out 4 or 5 times this year :doh:

kepdawg
12-22-2009, 08:01 PM
In 1A not Chico..they were shut out 4 or 5 times this year :doh:

They'll have a new coach next year, correct?

NateDawg39
12-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
They'll have a new coach next year, correct? Yes, but the community (all 600 or so) are upset they lost coach Hart. Well, some are glad but most not happy with it.

LE Dad
12-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
I don't believe I said they should be scared.;) Tell 'em Charlie...

Be Afraid!! :eek: :eek:

Be Very Afraid!! :eek: :eek:

:devil: :p

Charlie47
12-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Tell 'em Charlie...

Be Afraid!! :eek: :eek:

Be Very Afraid!! :eek: :eek:

:devil: :p

Not only no, shucks NO!!:clap: :clap: ;)

1st&10
12-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I am so looking forward to maybe being in the same district as Gilmer and maybe Lindale. Pitt will have everything in place again to make a very strong run in the playoffs again. QB coming back with a very strong line. The line will be stronger than the one we had this season. Recievers are the best that we have ever had and a trio of RB's that are very fast and will be able to get the tough yards when needed. LB's can play and DB's should do well. The only problem if Pitt, Gilmer and Lindale end up in the same district there will be some beat up players at the end of the year.

waterboy
12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 1st&10
I am so looking forward to maybe being in the same district as Gilmer and maybe Lindale. Pitt will have everything in place again to make a very strong run in the playoffs again. QB coming back with a very strong line. The line will be stronger than the one we had this season. Recievers are the best that we have ever had and a trio of RB's that are very fast and will be able to get the tough yards when needed. LB's can play and DB's should do well. The only problem if Pitt, Gilmer and Lindale end up in the same district there will be some beat up players at the end of the year.
Gilmer will be in a "rebuilding" year. Hopefully, we'll be able to provide our district foes at least some adequate competition.:D We have some streaks to protect.......;)

N4SIR
12-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Teams I think will make a deep run into the playoffs: Cuero, Pittsburg, Luca Lovejoy, Mexia, La Grange, Sinton

garciap77
12-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Wimberley & Lovejoy!

Snydertigersrul
12-26-2009, 02:35 PM
SNYDER, SNYDER, SNYDER

Twirling Time
12-27-2009, 07:19 AM
In Region IV, Cuero and Sinton can be penciled in every year. Once in a while a Hondo will make a splash, and an alignment will drag a few Centex powers (Burnet, Wimberley, LH) into Region IV. But normally it seems to me pretty easy.

1st&10
12-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Be wary of Pittsburg. A lot depends on the district that Gilmer and Pittsburg go in. Like I said earlier, if Lindale, Gilmer and Pittsburg are in the same district it would be one of the strongest in the state. My only fear is that they would beat each other up and they might limp into the playoffs. Having said that, if they go in healthy I would not want to play any of those three.

Rocket
12-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Wheres ole Rocket to tell us that Brownwwod is the 2010 state champs?

oh and look out for Wylie because they should be in 4A...

Brownwood will be the 2010 3A Division II State Champs.

TheDOCTORdre
12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood will be the 2010 3A Division II State Champs.

there we go

bobcat4life
12-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood will be the 2010 3A Division II State Champs. Brownwood will win both the Division I and Division II State Championships because only Brownwood can beat Brownwood.

NIJacket
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by 1st&10
Pittsburg will make another deep run next year in the playoffs regardless D1 or D2. QB coming back and three running backs as good as the one they lost this year. Three recievers that can catch and run the ball after the catch. OL that will be stronger than this years and an improving defense. Looking forward to 7 on 7

REALLY???
THREE running backs as good as Burns?
We'll see. He's a tough act to follow, especially with a claim of THREE.

NIJacket
12-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Mexia and Cuero

:ditto:

icu812
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
If Kilgore drops down out here in East Texas they could be very good this upcomign year, they were very very young. I think Gilmer will be good again, maybe not state champion good, but they will be good. Cuero will go far, that RB is a beast. I think that if Stephenville drops they will be very very good, dont have as much faith in La Marque.

I agree with you about Kilgore. I'm not sure how talented they will be but Kilgore has the potential to crush most 3A teams. They won state in 4A only 5 yrs ago. The pool of athletes is deep over in Kilgore. If they go 3A they are definately a team to look out for.

Lindale is another team which could be a strong playoff team if they go 3A. However, I do not see them contending for a state championship.

Gilmer & Pitt will be very good again.

Could we have a district with Gilmer, Kilgore, Lindale, Gladewater, and Chapel Hill? Yikes please exclude Van from that district, we want to go West :D