PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. Carthage.....

easttexas3a
12-20-2009, 01:02 AM
So what do you think happens if the two play. I would liek the Buckeyes to win, almsot everything on paper points in the direction of Gilmer. Of course will never get to see this one.

LE Dad
12-20-2009, 01:43 AM
It would be hard to pick against Gilmer this year.:D

Tromboneking
12-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Gilmer would beat Carthage badly!

Gilmer 45
Carthage 7

The way everyone was talking on here...I was expecting Carthage to be unbeatable....I think they kinda got lucky tonight....

WOS87
12-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Who cares?? They'd both lose to Lake Travis ;)

Common Opponents:

Gilmer 42, Jasper 14 (28 pt win)
Gilmer 57, Jasper 21 (36 pt win)
Carthage 27, Jasper 3 (24 pt win)
GILMER wins

Gilmer 70, Kilgore 27 (43 pt win)
Carthage 29, Kilgore 17 (12 pt win)
GILMER wins

Gilmer 67, Gladewater 12 (55 pt win)
Carthage 48, Gladewater 0 (48 pt win)
GILMER wins

GILMER wins

easttexas3a
12-20-2009, 04:28 AM
I saw Lake Travis whip up on Longview last year. Waht is in the water at Lake Travis, must be something good.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Waht is in the water at Lake Travis, must be something good.
Hydrilla :D

oldtownag
12-20-2009, 06:36 AM
All I know is Carthage has:

SCOREBOARD :p

Buckeye1980
12-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
All I know is Carthage has:

SCOREBOARD :p
believe the topic is this year

Graham 13
Abilene Wylie 10

Gilmer 43
Abilene Wylie 26

Carthage 13
Grahaam 12

Let's jus say BOTH teams had a great year and will never get a chance to play THIS year, which is all that matters ...

statewide
12-20-2009, 08:31 AM
It's earlly so I chose Carthage on accident, was a mistake. Gilmer would win in a blowout.

N4SIR
12-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
Gilmer would beat Carthage badly!

Gilmer 45
Carthage 7

The way everyone was talking on here...I was expecting Carthage to be unbeatable....I think they kinda got lucky tonight.... After watching the game, I would have to agree with you that Carthage "got lucky". I expected a heck of a lot more from Carthage and a lot less from Graham. After going to a game nearly every weekend this season, I must say that the Graham crowd was the best I have seen this season. Large, loud and proud of their boys. They never gave up. And the band is the best I have seen too. They aren't that big but were also loud and played nearly the whole game. Tough loss for Graham. After witnessing Carthage play for the second time this season last night, there is no doubt Gilmer would have rolled against the Big Red Machine and taken that SCOREBOARD and shoved it where the sun don't shine. Hang your head high Graham fans -- your boys, town, fans and band are top notch!!

Deuce
12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
After watching the game, I would have to agree with you that Carthage "got lucky". I expected a heck of a lot more from Carthage and a lot less from Graham. After going to a game nearly every weekend this season, I must say that the Graham crowd was the best I have seen this season. Large, loud and proud of their boys. They never gave up. And the band is the best I have seen too. They aren't that big but were also loud and played nearly the whole game. Tough loss for Graham. After witnessing Carthage play for the second time this season last night, there is no doubt Gilmer would have rolled against the Big Red Machine and taken that SCOREBOARD and shoved it where the sun don't shine. Hang your head high Graham fans -- your boys, town, fans and band are top notch!!

Thanks!

Green Bling
12-20-2009, 12:04 PM
This is Gilmer's year. Tough to beat. We came close, but no cigar.