PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to 2009 High School Football Season

bobcat4life
12-19-2009, 11:45 PM
its been a great year with many great games and good times but its now over. I have many memorie some good, some bad, but it was another great year across the state.
This is the beginning of another long, grueling off-season. The next 8 months will be very long and will seem at times like it will never get here. Now we can begin the talk of who will be ranked where, who will be improved, and who will take a step back. Now the realignment talk will increase and the boards will have less action, and many football junkies will crawl in a hole and hibernate for the next few months.

IHStangFan
12-20-2009, 12:11 AM
:(

Gobbler Fan
12-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Time to reload

maroonpirate04
12-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Great year indeed, :clap: :clap: I get to watch the Sinton Pirates again, I had the pleasure of filming every game which i already burned them on dvd. Now get to watch em again from zero week. Some of you Pirate fans might have seen me at almost every game with a camcorder in my hands:D :D It's going be painful long months before i hear the chant "Go Pirates Go!!" until 2010 a new decade with another new chapter in the Pirates Legacy:) :) Can't wait:)

"GO PIRATES GO!!"

Green Bling
12-20-2009, 12:10 PM
True, it has been a fab season, and true, it is over, but.. OMG there is so much left to support. Come on, Peeps! Get out there and support those kids playing all the other sports from now to May. It'll help to take the sting out of football season being over. So much fun yet to come!!:D :D :D

LionFan72
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Absolutely fantastic season, Competative across all classes. Congrats to all Champions. Time for everyone to reload, hit the weights, and get in shape for 2010. Meantime, support your student athletes in BBall, track, soccer, golf, softball and Baseball.

NateDawg39
12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
The real question is, will Gilmer and Carthage be as horrible next year as they were this year? Will they get lucky just as they did so many times this past season? :devil: :devil:

Inmateboss
12-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Absolutely fantastic season, Competative across all classes. Congrats to all Champions. Time for everyone to reload, hit the weights, and get in shape for 2010. Meantime, support your student athletes in BBall, track, soccer, golf, softball and Baseball.

Had a BLAST!!! That was a hoot, lot more gray hair, but man what a ride!!! Your right, alot more good sports to come!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Matthew328
12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
This off-season is not near as bad. Realignment years off-season isn't too bad. Closes the gap between state championships and 7 on 7...

7 on 7 wets the appetite for the real stuff its like an appetizer

bobcat4life
12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
This off-season is not near as bad. Realignment years off-season isn't too bad. Closes the gap between state championships and 7 on 7...

7 on 7 wets the appetite for the real stuff its like an appetizer I agree with everything you just said, but the off-season is still pretty boring

BILLYFRED0000
12-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

7 on 7 wets the appetite for the real stuff its like an appetizer

Yeah that is right. We get to watch the UIL try to figure it out again. This year looks more interesting with 1a and 2a have the same set up. Could be interesting.

injuredinmelee
12-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Craig Way really bummed me out during the Abilen High game saturday night. They went to commercial break at the end of the 3rd quarter and he sedgewayed with, "we will be back with the final 12 minutes of the season."

waterboy
12-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
The real question is, will Gilmer and Carthage be as horrible next year as they were this year? Will they get lucky just as they did so many times this past season? :devil: :devil:
Hahaha.......if only we could get so lucky EVERY year!:D

Green Bling
12-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Hope your tongue is in your cheek!:D :D

Phil C
12-21-2009, 10:15 AM
It has been a great entertaining season. But we still have some pro and college games left. Plus basketball is underway. And we got baseball and softball and other sports to get us through the spring. And don't forget in the summer we have the Tour de France and after that another high school football season begins.