PDA

View Full Version : Did 5A Trinity really win that game?

blowfish
12-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Looked to me like he never had contol of the ball until after his leg landed out of bounds.

Exciting game to watch. Congrats to both teams. It is a shame it had to end like that for both teams.

DDBooger
12-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Looked to me like he never had contol of the ball until after his leg landed out of bounds.

Exciting game to watch. Congrats to both teams. It is a shame it had to end like that for both teams.
if HS had replay I think it would have been turned over.

BwdLion73
12-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I saw the bobbles in the last replay myself. That was a good game that could have gone either way.

blowfish
12-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I agree. It was almost an interception. I hate that that kid will play that play over and over the rest of his life.

Looking4number8
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
if HS had replay I think it would have been turned over.
I agree but I also think Trinity would have scored a TD on that drive even if they did not score on that 2nd down TD. What a game, I was pulling for Westlake but it was still a good game to watch

formercougar18
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
yea i didnt think it was a catch either. Really missed a call there. i dont like how no one on FSN is saying anything about it to.

kepdawg
12-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Did Trinity have more points at the end of the game? If so, they won the game.

blowfish
12-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Did Trinity have more points at the end of the game? If so, they won the game.

Wow thanks for the original post. No one was saying they didnt deserve to win. I was commenting that it didnt look to be a catch.

Sorry to offend your sensibilites. Hope your day goes better.

kepdawg
12-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow thanks for the original post. No one was saying they didnt deserve to win. I was commenting that it didnt look to be a catch.

Sorry to offend your sensibilites. Hope your day goes better.

Oh, yes, I am so offended! Perhaps you could have titled your thread with the question you wanted answered.

blowfish
12-19-2009, 06:42 PM
This is me praying to your feet oh merciful all knowing one. Could you point me to where things must fit your idea of being worded?
Ypu may have the last word I am done.

kepdawg
12-19-2009, 06:46 PM
This is me praying to your feet oh merciful all knowing one. Could you point me to where things must fit you idea of being worded?

I am the one that was offended? I simply asked a question in response to your initial post. I apologize though. I should have just answered your question with a direct answer. Yes, Trinity really won the game.

zebrablue2
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by formercougar18
yea i didnt think it was a catch either. Really missed a call there. i dont like how no one on FSN is saying anything about it to.

ROFLMAO-- U didn't think it was a catch-- after how many re-plays? Really missed a call-- ROFLMAO--Not saying a thing about it--ROFLMAO.. Put ur happy butt on the field and make that call... Bottom line-- great tx. high school state Champ. game:2thumbsup:

Maroon87
12-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Keep it real, kep.

TexMike
12-19-2009, 07:15 PM
This is about a great argument as you can get for 7 man crews in HS football. especially at that level and at this oint of the season. These kids are just too ath;letic and make incredible plays. The calling official was running to get to the goal line. That is NEVER a good thing because your vision while running is not as sharp as while standing still. With a 7 man crew there would have been an official standing at the goal line, calmly watching the play develop and hopefully able to see the bobble with no possession until player was laying out of bounds

crabman
12-19-2009, 07:17 PM
It looked to me like he finally got control of the ball with his butt on the ground in the end zone and his feet in the air. After that his feet came down out of bounds. Catch.

There was no doubt in my mind they were headed for a score anyway. Probably a moot point. OR as most posters on here say, "mute".

TexMike
12-19-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/u0rF5i4Vx4Y

Emerson1
12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by formercougar18
Because it's HS game and they aren't going to talk about stuff like that in detail.

TheDOCTORdre
12-20-2009, 01:02 AM
hate to see any team lose a game like that, but thats the way the cookie crumbles

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2009, 01:04 AM
IMO it was a catch..he is on the ground ball is on his stomach.

TexMike
12-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Having the ball on one's stomach does not qualify as a catch by definition in the rules. One must have firm grasp ansd control of the ball. When he gets that, is any part of his body touiching out of bounds? If so, it is not catch.

Additup
12-20-2009, 10:50 AM
judgement call...kinda like putting 1 second put back on the clock for Westlake before halftime and giving them a chance to kick a field goal. Just a great game in my opinion.

Emerson1
12-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
IMO it was a catch..he is on the ground ball is on his stomach.
It WAS a catch. The official ruled it a catch, no replay in HS. So it was a catch.

Technoredneck
12-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Someone calling it a touchdown does not make it a catch. IT was never a catch, just a close call in the heat of the game. The call was wrong as is clear on the utube video, but the ref called it a TD and the other ref did not rule it incomplete so it does not matter today.

LionFan72
12-20-2009, 01:02 PM
I dont think it was catch, but then I got to see the instant replay on TV for like 3-4 times. NFL would surely said incomplete. The ball looked clearly on the ground from my vantage point, incomplete pass. Does it matter, No. Trinity had seized the momentem in the second half and seized control of the game, and would have eventually scored the winning points IMHO! Great game played by great teams, too bad there has to be a winner, cause both teams are winners, only one got the ring.