PDA

View Full Version : Gladewater vs. Commerce...any comments?

bigbearfan
12-03-2001, 04:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone had comments/predictions about the upcoming game Friday nite in Tyler?

eye of the tiger
12-03-2001, 05:36 PM
Well seeing Im from Commerce I predict a Tiger victory. It should be a good game. Gladewater has proven they know how to win against tough teams. The Tigers may benefit a little from already playing a game in Tyler, but it may hurt us to have one day less to let wounds heal and prepare for bear. I dont much care for Friday games after Saturday games.

bear50
12-03-2001, 05:36 PM
You can't be a bigger bear fan than me. Got to realize that every game is a good one this far along in the playoffs. No gimme's and no weak teams left. I feel good about Gladewater's balance offensively. Got to stop both the running game and passing. Ask Spring Hill-(they stopped the run). Ask WH they stop the pass the first half. Commerce has an excellent offensive line. Should create a good matchup against GW's small but quick defensive line. Buy a ticket no matter the cost should be a great one. Both teams deserve their KUDOS.

bear50
12-03-2001, 05:40 PM
Don't forget Gladewater's first two games were in Tyler. Rose Stadium home away from home for Gladewater. I have witnessed two great games involving GW in that stadium. Game of the decade 1985 Gladewater vs. D'field. 27-27 6-5 D'field wins on penetrations. GW vs. Spring Hill 2001. 21-20 The Drive.

eye of the tiger
12-03-2001, 06:44 PM
I guess I didnt pay enough attention to where Gladewater played the first couple. Scatch any advantage I said we may have for already playing there. Probably going to start biting my nails on Wednesday instead of Thursday.

surfspike
12-04-2001, 12:43 AM
All I have to say is that GW better be ready cuz this tiger team goes for the kill. Watched the Forney/commerce game this year and the tiger D hits HARD. I was just glad nobody was injured in the massacre. (that goes for both forney and commerce)

fatcat255
12-04-2001, 05:00 PM
Bear50, Spring Hill stopped the pass too! Just couldn't stop the magic!

All of Panther Land is still pulling for the Bears.

Good Luck.

bear50
12-04-2001, 06:15 PM
Really appreciate the support fatcat. Still have to disagree with your statement. Louvier threw for over 200 yds. In my mind that's a pretty good night. Granted Louvier does create magic and he completed about 6 on the last drive. A game to remember for decades. Unfortunate that one team had to lose.

oldbuff78
12-04-2001, 07:28 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE TIGERS WILL BE IN THE FINALS AGAIN.THEY KNOW HOW TO WIN.

fatcat255
12-05-2001, 01:33 AM
Dang B-Five-O!

I tried to get on here on be complementary of the one thing that just might give Da Bears a chance against Commerce. Nobody's knocking Jonny 'cause he's as good a high school QB as many of us have ever seen, but your math skills appear to be a bit rusty. He finished with like 162 passing for the game (59 of that on the "Oh let's not blitz this guy anymore, it just might work" Elwaylike final drive!), a pretty good day by anyone's standards but not quite the 200+ you boasted of in your response.

Good luck against Commerce. I think the Bears can take 'em, but the Magic is gonna have to be pretty heavy to overcome the Tigers playoff experience.

maestro
12-05-2001, 08:51 AM
Gladewater will have to score quickly and every time it has the ball. Commerce's clock-grinding ground attack will be one of its biggest assets. I would like to see them throw a little more, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. The defense starts a little slow but always make good adjustments and comes on strong. They hit hard (i.e. Forney and Blanton) Good luck Bears. Tigers Never Quit.