PDA

View Full Version : Bragging Rights?

JJWalker
12-19-2009, 03:28 PM
I am new here, but have been reading all year how district 2 is the best in the state.

Does Graham have to win this afternoon for that statement to even remain argumentative?

Granted there is a difference between "most competitive", "toughest" and "best".

So does Graham need to win for the district 2 fans to claim the "best"?

Pendragon13
12-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Not really..."best district" doesn't have to mean that the absolute best teams in the state come from that district. I would say that having two teams from the same district in the state finals (and another going deep in the playoffs) qualifies as the best district this year.

If Gilmer and Carthage were in the same district then the story would be different...but they aren't.

Looking4number8
12-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Distrist 2 is the best simply because Brownwood is in it... nuff said!

JJWalker
12-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Celina made a pretty deep run last season. I believe to the championship game. They weren't that good.

So, I do not think deep runs mean that much.

Deep runs are probably more a function of a weak region than anything else.

DDBooger
12-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Celina made a pretty deep run last season. I believe to the championship game. They weren't that good.
:1popcorn:
this should get interesting

LE Dad
12-19-2009, 06:33 PM

Deep runs are probably more a function of a weak region than anything else. :thinking: Sounds like "Celina Theory" being applied back to its source:D

LOL, This should be fun:clap: :clap:

Keep it coming JJW :2thumbsup

95mustang
12-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Well since District 2 has/had two teams play in the state championship games then Region 1 must not be the weakest region. They had to go through other regions to get there.

LE Dad
12-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Well since District 2 has/had two teams play in the state championship games then Region 1 must not be the weakest region. They had to go through other regions to get there. All covered in the theory. The teams from the weaker region play softer teams resulting in fewer injuries and the ability to rest players.:D

zebrablue2
12-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I am new here, but have been reading all year how district 2 is the best in the state.

Does Graham have to win this afternoon for that statement to even remain argumentative?

Granted there is a difference between "most competitive", "toughest" and "best".

So does Graham need to win for the district 2 fans to claim the "best"?

doing this poll question, which part of the great STATE of Texas are you from?? BTW, welcome to the board...

CHS_89
12-20-2009, 12:16 AM

OMG..Well, I think....well, nevermind :hand:

bobcat4life
12-20-2009, 12:28 AM

have you met rocket?:D

RPF2666
12-20-2009, 08:17 AM

...and the year before and the year before and the year before...

Buckeye1980
12-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I give District 2 being the deepest in the state.....

That being said .....is there any question the deepest REGION in the state?

LionFan72
12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Best District is the one you are playing in! 2-3A! IMHO.

bigwood33
12-20-2009, 02:25 PM

IDIOT! Celina made that deep run and played a very good Carthage team and the game was outstanding! Prosper also won the Div 1 title so it was a pretty easy thing to identify which district was the best. This year, Graham and Wylie were state runners up out of district 2. I don't think it is much of a leap to conclude that their district was best, at least at the top.

Inmateboss
12-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
IDIOT! Celina made that deep run and played a very good Carthage team and the game was outstanding! Prosper also won the Div 1 title so it was a pretty easy thing to identify which district was the best. This year, Graham and Wylie were state runners up out of district 2. I don't think it is much of a leap to conclude that their district was best, at least at the top.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

rangerjoe33
12-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I give District 2 being the deepest in the state.....

That being said .....is there any question the deepest REGION in the state?

Yeh, it gets pretty deep out there...got your boots on?:D