PDA

View Full Version : Are the Carthage fans really that rude?

Tromboneking
12-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I hope not....this is a HS football game being played by 15-18 year olds...IT IS A GAME! I know it is a big one, but why can't we just wait and see who wins instead of all the trash talk?

Get over it people!

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2009, 01:09 PM
how are they being rude? All that I have seen is the normal bantering back and forth from BOTH sides

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
how are they being rude? All that I have seen is the normal bantering back and forth from BOTH sides

DaHop72
12-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Pot..........................kettle!!:hand: :hand:

trojan37
12-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
I hope not....this is a HS football game being played by 15-18 year olds...IT IS A GAME! I know it is a big one, but why can't we just wait and see who wins instead of all the trash talk?

Get over it people!

I have been to a Carthage game and sat on the Carthage side. They are not rude. Just accept the fact that you are not going to be state champs.

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Just accept the fact that you are not going to be state champs.

That's just rude!:mad:

trojan37
12-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That's just rude!:mad:

Sorry Red, just had to do it.:D

Tromboneking
12-19-2009, 01:36 PM
What I mean is all the bash faces in...

Sending Wreaths to the Graham field house...

I know that the general people from Carthage are great people, just like the ones from Graham...

Supporting you team is one thing.....talking about physical injury is a whole different story.

I wish both teams the best of luck today.

trojan37
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM

I know that the general people from Carthage are great people, just like the ones from Graham...

Supporting you team is one thing.....talking about physical injury is a whole different story.

I wish both teams the best of luck today.

It's just smack talk. Take it with a grain of salt. I really don't think anyone wishes physical injuries on anyone......if they do they have issues. Good luck to both teams today.

AP Panther Fan
12-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I did not have a very good experience with Carthage fans several years ago at a softball tournament in Victoria.

They were rude, not only to us - the opposing fans, but they were also rude to our kids on the field. You can do and say alot of things, but being rude to kids playing a sport should not be one of them.

We won anyway.

:cool:

trojan37
12-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I did not have a very good experience with Carthage fans several years ago at a softball tournament in Victoria.

They were rude, not only to us - the opposing fans, but they were also rude to our kids on the field. You can do and say alot of things, but being rude to kids playing a sport should not be one of them.

We won anyway.

:cool:

There is always that town that has "those" fans. West was playing Waco High in the first home game of the season last year in baseball. I have a son who has a form of autism, and if you have never dealt with an autistic child, it's not fun. You can change one thing in their routine and they go into a frenzy. Well, my son had one of those nights at the game where something wasn't right, although I couldn't figure out what it was. He started screaming and yelling at the top of his lungs, and everyone at the stadium was silent. It was embarrassing, but I love my son and will do anything to help him. We tried to calm him down and nothing would work, so I finally had to just pick him up and throw him over my shoulder and walk off. As I was walking off I heard one of the Waco High fans say, " somebody shut that kid up". It took everything I had to keep walking to the car with my son, because this guy had made a bad mistake telling someone to shut up MY son. But I just let it go. You have to ignore people like this. They aren't fans to me, just people in todays society that have nothing better to do than belittle everyone just because their own life is pathetic and worthless.

oldtownag
12-19-2009, 02:32 PM

What about the Hearse that some rich Graham alum fed exed to Carthage along with a driver just to taunt the Carthage fans.

I have to say that was really low.

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Do you really think it came from Carthage? And do you think this is the first time that a fan has "sent" something as "the opponent"? :doh: :doh:

LE Dad
12-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Wow:doh: Carthage fans are just like every other towns fans.:D They are the greatest fans in the world till they are playing your team.:clap: :clap:

"smash your face in" sounds like pep rally talk to me. It was a kid... and I doubt it was meant to be taken soooo seriously:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wreaths??? Dude come over here when Texarkana Texas plays Texarkana, Arkansas; you will wake up with a hogs head in your yard, rock salted grass,and other not so tame things :eek: :eek: A wreath would be welcomed, believe me.:D

Pick6
12-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you really think it came from Carthage? And do you think this is the first time that a fan has "sent" something as "the opponent"? :doh: :doh:

Reminds me of when Denison "sent" us a casket 25 years ago. Funny thing is the casket that they "sent" was built in our woodshop class...lol.

skins4life
12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Reminds me of when Denison "sent" us a casket 25 years ago. Funny thing is the casket that they "sent" was built in our woodshop class...lol.

Now thats funny!!

Ranger Mom
12-19-2009, 04:38 PM
I have obviously missed something.

I remember one year we played Kermit (I believe) and got beat. When the coaches pulled up to Sonic afterwards to get the guys burgers, they found out that someone had called in and cancelled the order. The guys thought it was crappy, but really didn't have an appetite anyway....so it was no biggie.

The coaches called ahead to the Whataburger in Midland and they had food waiting on them when they drove through.

Come to find out....it wasn't Kermit at all, it was some Monahans kids who were at the game and who we played the next week.

In hindsight...it was pretty darn funny!!!

wimbo_pro
12-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have obviously missed something.

I remember one year we played Kermit (I believe) and got beat. When the coaches pulled up to Sonic afterwards to get the guys burgers, they found out that someone had called in and cancelled the order. The guys thought it was crappy, but really didn't have an appetite anyway....so it was no biggie.

The coaches called ahead to the Whataburger in Midland and they had food waiting on them when they drove through.

Come to find out....it wasn't Kermit at all, it was some Monahans kids who were at the game and who we played the next week.

In hindsight...it was pretty darn funny!!!

Some would consider canceling a Sonic order a favor.

eagleqb_14
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM

Get over it people!

dude stop complaining and go blow on your trombone some more

marlin fan
12-19-2009, 06:08 PM
did u know that graham and Carthage have the same school song??? cool huh???

lulu
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
sounds like Grahan needs a little cheese to go with that whine.

LE Dad
12-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by lulu
sounds like Grahan needs a little cheese to go with that whine. :clap: :clap: That's what I'm saying.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lulu
12-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: That's what I'm saying.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hey Dad I thought you might make the trip to the game.

Is there some place to listen?

lulu
12-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Cayuga gets another win for ET.

LE Dad
12-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Hey Dad I thought you might make the trip to the game.

Is there some place to listen? Yeah, look in the stickys under webcast. There is also a thread for game. I kinda wanted to go but kids had other plans:doh:

Tromboneking
12-20-2009, 05:11 AM
I would like to take back everything I said in this thread. From all I saw the FANS from Carthage were a classy group. Congrats.

Deuce
12-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Did not even read most of this thread, but tonight the Carthage fans were all class from what I saw. Great game.

oldtownag
12-20-2009, 12:43 PM
I met the Graham fan that sent the Hearse to Carthage. He said it was all in fun. After meeting him I believe it was just a joke. He gave me $500 since my feelings got hurt.;)

Congrats on a great year Steers.

Emerson1
12-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Some would consider canceling a Sonic order a favor.
Do you hate Whataburger to?

txsfootball4lif
12-20-2009, 04:16 PM

Get over it people!

I am not being a poor sport but I was also very dissapointed with them.
Grown men carrying a sign around in the parking garage hollering "who dat, who dat" "Graham nothin but a bunch of little farmer ass white boys" It was not just a few either. It was ridiculous, I would not dare act the way those Carthage kids were around their parents. My dad would have beat my rear end until I could not sit for a week.

LE Dad
12-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by txsfootball4lif
Grown men carrying a sign around in the parking garage hollering "who dat, who dat" "Graham nothin but a bunch of little farmer ass white boys" It was not just a few either. It was ridiculous, I would not dare act the way those Carthage kids were around their parents. My dad would have beat my rear end until I could not sit for a week. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Inmateboss
12-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Wow:doh: Carthage fans are just like every other towns fans.:D They are the greatest fans in the world till they are playing your team.:clap: :clap:

"smash your face in" sounds like pep rally talk to me. It was a kid... and I doubt it was meant to be taken soooo seriously:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wreaths??? Dude come over here when Texarkana Texas plays Texarkana, Arkansas; you will wake up with a hogs head in your yard, rock salted grass,and other not so tame things :eek: :eek: A wreath would be welcomed, believe me.:D

Hey,don't know who sent it but it was a nice one!!!!:D

wimbo_pro
12-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Do you hate Whataburger to?

Nawww....them are some good burgers!

wimbo_pro
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Grown men carrying a sign around in the parking garage hollering "who dat, who dat" "Graham nothin but a bunch of little farmer ass white boys" It was not just a few either. It was ridiculous, I would not dare act the way those Carthage kids were around their parents. My dad would have beat my rear end until I could not sit for a week.

White boys??? Really? You saw that?? So, is Carthage more black than white? If so, thats a racial slur that would not be tolerated if the sign said "black boys"!

txsfootball4lif
12-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
White boys??? Really? You saw that?? So, is Carthage more black than white? If so, thats a racial slur that would not be tolerated if the sign said "black boys"!

There were plenty of people in the parking garage along with myself when the rucus was occuring. I knew there would be a bunch of nonsense from the moment I walked up to purchase my ticket. Anyone who was at that game would have to agree. I am not racist by any means, I am racist of how you act.

BwdLion73
12-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm a white farm boy!:clap:

trojan37
12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
There were plenty of people in the parking garage along with myself when the rucus was occuring. I knew there would be a bunch of nonsense from the moment I walked up to purchase my ticket. Anyone who was at that game would have to agree. I am not racist by any means, I am racist of how you act.

You know what you do with people like this?? Ignore them.

txsfootball4lif
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
You know what you do with people like this?? Ignore them.

Oh it dosen't hurt me none. I should have been more specific on what I said.

I know there are always a few people who make others looked down on. I wasn't saying the whole community of Carthage is that way.

j_dog
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I have not observed any problems with the Carthage fans. There was even a contingent of them sitting on the Jasper side when Jasper played Gilmer in bi-district. But it didn't do us any good though. :(

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I have not observed any problems with the Carthage fans. There was even a contingent of them sitting on the Jasper side when Jasper played Gilmer in bi-district. But it didn't do us any good though. :(
Where was Jody? :eek: :eek: :D

Spread It Out
12-20-2009, 08:46 PM
You know what you do with people like this??

Whoop dat @$$

Spread It Out
12-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14

Hahahaha.:clap: :clap:

Inmateboss
12-20-2009, 10:21 PM
I have lived all over this great state and it's a FACT that every town has it's share of disappointments!!! I'm not sure who the man was from Carthage ( I think he was with the band) came over to our side and asked if two young ladies could have a pic with our mascot!! Super nice people, I talked to several people from Carthage that came in on our side of the stadium, every one of them was very nice and had come to support their kids!!!
Rude?? I didn't see it, but if some fans decided to disrespect their own town, hey thats a freedom that they are allowed. IMO

TheDOCTORdre
12-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14

greatness