PDA

View Full Version : District 9-3a Recruits?

Sittin & Fishin
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
(District 9-3A) Just curious which kids from Argyle, Prosper, Celina, Sanger, Gainesville and Whitesboro are being recruited for football and what schools are recruiting them? Thanks.

Bullaholic
12-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
(District 9-3A) Just curious which kids from Argyle, Prosper, Celina, Sanger, Gainesville and Whitesboro are being recruited for football and what schools are recruiting them? Thanks.

I have heard that, David Johnson, the outstanding AP all-state DL from Argyle is looking at TCU.

rangerjoe33
12-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Caleb Lavey, Celina - OSU(Okie Light)? I actually thought last year he was going to Arkansas but heard this year it was OSU.

Matthew328
12-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Johnson has verbally comitted to play at TCU

Bullaholic
12-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Johnson has verbally comitted to play at TCU

I thought I had read that, but I didn't want to say for sure. If he can do to the college OL what he did to HS linemen---he will be another outstanding player for TCU. How is Prosper's 08' TE Vandy commit doing?

Black Swarm
12-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Argyle
Johnson-TCU (December Grad.)
Dunham-UNT (Verbal)
Hinnrichs-offers SWOSU,Nichols State

Celina
Lavey-OSU (Verbal)

Only Vanderbilt commit that I am aware of from 08 is WR,
Brady Brown from Argyle.

MamaBull
12-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I thought I had read that, but I didn't want to say for sure. If he can do to the college OL what he did to HS linemen---he will be another outstanding player for TCU. How is Prosper's 08' TE Vandy commit doing?
taylor thompson went to SMU not vandy.
he's playing DL and as far as i know he's doing really good.

bobcat4life
12-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Caleb Lavey, Celina - OSU(Okie Light)? I actually thought last year he was going to Arkansas but heard this year it was OSU. today was his last day in celina. he is enrolling at osu next month

Twirling Time
12-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
today was his last day in celina. he is enrolling at osu next month

So I guess he'll be doing his signing in Stillwater and not coming back to Celina for it?

rangerjoe33
12-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
So I guess he'll be doing his signing in Stillwater and not coming back to Celina for it?

I loooked at a recruiting site today and was very surprised at his 04 time. I saw him play a coupole of times in RC last year and couldn't believe they list his 40 at 4.8...6'3 210 lbs he will be a player...

bobcat4life
12-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
So I guess he'll be doing his signing in Stillwater and not coming back to Celina for it? he probably will but I just meant that his last day of school was today because he is enrolling there early and going through spring practices

BLACK ATTACK
12-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Argyle
David Johnson (DL)- TCU (Early Graduate)
Blake Dunham (LS)- UNT

Brandon Hinnrichs (OL) (Offers) SWOSU, Nicholls State
(Recruited By) WKU, Several Ivy League Schools, Truman State

Tyler Sweatt (TE) (Offers) Henderson State, Nicholls St, CSU-Pueblo, SEOSU
(Recruited By) Truman State, McNeese State, Holy Cross, UIW, Campbell, Louisiana-Lafayette, SFA

Kevin Ryon (RB) (Offers) McPherson

WildTexan972
12-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I loooked at a recruiting site today and was very surprised at his 04 time. I saw him play a coupole of times in RC last year and couldn't believe they list his 40 at 4.8...6'3 210 lbs he will be a player...

he had big numbers since the Celina defense was built to feed tackles to the MLB, and he has a pretty good head on his shoulders except for the stories this year about his views on the playoffs, but he won't have much of an impact in college at OSU.....but he can get a free education so that is a good thing if he values it properly...