PDA

View Full Version : $10-$30 Christmas Gifts?

BreckTxLonghorn
12-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Anybody have any good ideas for gifts that you give to admins, girlfriends of friends,etc?

I've got 6 coworkers, 3 friend-girlfriends, 2 admins, and a partridge in a pear tree, so I need to keep it reasonable so I dont go broke. I would just donate to USO on their behalf, but not sure if donations are appropriate? Any help is appreciated!

bobcat4life
12-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Anybody have any good ideas for gifts that you give to admins, girlfriends of friends,etc?

I've got 6 coworkers, 3 friend-girlfriends, 2 admins, and a partridge in a pear tree, so I need to keep it reasonable so I dont go broke. I would just donate to USO on their behalf, but not sure if donations are appropriate? Any help is appreciated! get a movie or some sort of book for each person. dont over do it but dont cheap out and make anyone upset

BwdLion73
12-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Run down to Sligers Produce in Brownwood. I hear they put together nice fruit baskets of different sizes and prices.

Keeps the co-workers from comparing gifts. I'm not sure what you should get for the partridge in a pear tree.;)

Ranger Mom
12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
You can never go wrong with gift cards!!

pirate4state
12-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Bath & Body gift certificates for your friends that are girls.

Another thing you could look into are gift certificates at massage schools. Everyone needs a massage! I bet a lot of people don't know they can go into those schools and get an hour massage for as low as $35!!!! (Prices vary depending on the school)
They have to practice on someone before they can get their license. Sometimes you get lucky and get someone who is really good at what they do.

AP Panther Fan
12-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

They have to practice on someone before they can get their license. Sometimes you get lucky and get someone who is really good at what they do.

Heck, we all need one of those about now.

;)

pirate4state
12-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Heck, we all need one of those about now.

;)

No joke!

DDBooger
12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
everyone needs a massage! with happy endings

Old Tiger
12-16-2009, 04:48 PM
You can never go wrong with alcoholic beverages.

crzyjournalist03
12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I've never given my friends' girlfriends anything for Christmas. That's what their boyfriend is for.

AP Panther Fan
12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I've never given my friends' girlfriends anything for Christmas. That's what their boyfriend is for.

Good point, I think I will remind my daughter of that when she comes up with a list of her girlfriends to buy for.:thinking:

pirate4state
12-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I've never given my friends' girlfriends anything for Christmas. That's what their boyfriend is for. I took it to mean those are his friends that just happens to be girls? :thinking: :confused:

Ranger Mom
12-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I took it to mean those are his friends that just happens to be girls? :thinking: :confused:

I did too!!!:nerd:

BreckTxLonghorn
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I took it to mean those are his friends that just happens to be girls? :thinking: :confused:

There's a group of about 5 of us friends that are all very close, and are all in long term relationships or married. I think its nice to remember the friends' special ladies, that's all.

DaHop72
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
You can never go wrong with alcoholic beverages. :tisk: :tisk: And you would be wrong again. :mad: :mad:

AP Panther Fan
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
There's a group of about 5 of us friends that are all very close, and are all in long term relationships or married. I think its nice to remember the friends' special ladies, that's all.

You are a much nicer person than me and/or crzyjournalist03.

hahaha, reminds me of a poster, not mentioning any names (ahhmmdist303apastplayer) that used to break up with girls prior to December - it was easier on his budget. :D

SintonFan
12-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
with happy endings

Sometimes you get lucky

:eek: :eek: :p :D