PDA

View Full Version : Daingerfield

PPSTATEBOUND
12-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Word from the Daingerfield faithful is at this point in the season they could prolly win a reamtch with Gilmer and for sure beat the D2 champs..Either Carthage or Graham....

Any thoughts on this from you 3A guys?

poisoned10
12-16-2009, 09:31 AM
They know better.

Every year since they beat Gilmer in 2005, they have said they were going to beat us. Then we proceed to win by 3 or more TD's.

It's just how we roll.

OldBison75
12-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah, it is always easy to make such claims that you know will never be proven right or wrong. Hell, I bet that Steve Erkel has buffed up enough in the last 15 years to beat Mike Tyson in a 4th round knockout if it happens next week and Erkel is not depressed about the girls not liking him.

Daingerfield is a damned good team, but they would not beat Gilmer and they would not beat Carthage or Graham.

poisoned10
12-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Yes, they are very good. No one in 2A has really been able to compete with them since they moved down.

bobcat4life
12-16-2009, 11:45 AM
one thing I've learned is that it is best to avoid and ignore the "Tiger Nation" because almost everything they say is nonsense and arguing with them is pointless. They will continue even if they are wrong and most of them dont know anything about football anyways. Thats why I stopped posting on SDC. I got tired of all the bull****.

waterboy
12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
There are some funny guys in the Tiger Nation. Some of them are always gonna say they are gonna beat so and so, but when it comes down to it they know better. There are a few of their posters that can't stand the fact that the Buckeyes have absolutely owned them over the last few years. Here are the facts:

Since '03:

'03 3A Bi-district: Gilmer 43, Daingerfield 0
'04 Pre-district game: Gilmer 36, Daingerfield 20
'05 Pre-district game: Daingerfield 26, Gilmer 17
'05 3A Bi-district: Gilmer 42, Daingerfield 32
'06 Pre-district game: Gilmer 62, Daingerfield 42
'07 Pre-district game: Gilmer 35, Daingerfield 12
'08 Pre-district game: Gilmer 49, Daingerfield 18
'09 Pre-district game: Gilmer 43, Daingerfield 20

So you tell me.........do you really think they would beat the Buckeyes? There's no history between Daingerfield and Carthage, or Graham for that matter. I seriously think they could've been a top 10 3A team, but that's about it. I certainly don't think anybody in 2A can beat them.

ronwx5x
12-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Yes, they are very good. No one in 2A has really been able to compete with them since they moved down.

Well, no one except Tatum twice in '07, then Tatum, Hooks, New Boston, and Paul Pewitt in '06.

I don't think they yet qualify as owning 2A since dropping down.:D

LE Dad
12-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Well, no one except Tatum twice in '07, then Tatum, Hooks, New Boston, and Paul Pewitt in '06.

I don't think they yet qualify as owning 2A since dropping down.:D Those "East Texas" teams making D'field look bad. Lol:D

N4SIR
12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
one thing I've learned is that it is best to avoid and ignore the "Tiger Nation" because almost everything they say is nonsense and arguing with them is pointless. They will continue even if they are wrong and most of them dont know anything about football anyways. Thats why I stopped posting on SDC. I got tired of all the bull****. Maybe a little bitterness coming out here? After all, Daingerfield has beat Celina the last 3 times they have met.

big daddy russ
12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Maybe a little bitterness coming out here? After all, Daingerfield has beat Celina the last 3 times they have met.
Could be wrong, but I think he's talking about the Daingerfield Tigers.

bobcat4life
12-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Maybe a little bitterness coming out here? After all, Daingerfield has beat Celina the last 3 times they have met. Im less upset with the losses than I am about the "Tiger Nation" and the arrogance they have.

waterboy
12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Im less upset with the losses than I am about the "Tiger Nation" and the arrogance they have.
You can't take what they say so seriously. I find them funny and amusing.........although I did find them arrogant when I first started posting on forums. If you got to know them you would probably like them. They DO love to talk smack, and if it's done in good humor they can take it as well as dish it out. You can't take it personal, though.....;) .......because if you do, they will get under your skin.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Im less upset with the losses than I am about the "Tiger Nation" and the arrogance they have.

I am sorry..but this statement coming from a Celina fan makes me LOL

bobcat4life
12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
You can't take what they say so seriously. I find them funny and amusing.........although I did find them arrogant when I first started posting on forums. If you got to know them you would probably like them. They DO love to talk smack, and if it's done in good humor they can take it as well as dish it out. You can't take it personal, though.....;) .......because if you do, they will get under your skin.
I know. Most of what they is quite amusing, but they always turned everything I said on SDC into some sort of personal attack against them and it just got old after a while.

waterboy
12-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I know. Most of what they is quite amusing, but they always turned everything I said on SDC into some sort of personal attack against them and it just got old after a while.
First off, you need to stop hating on other teams. Just because another school beats your Bobcats doesn't mean you have the "right" to spew hatred toward that team. You won't win them all, that's just a fact of life. Holding a grudge is just not healthy, and makes the grudge holder come across as hateful and unfriendly. Giving credit where credit is due is always a good idea whether you believe it or not.

NastySlot
12-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am sorry..but this statement coming from a Celina fan makes me LOL

i hear ya....i was going to say that same thing...but then again most teams with winning traditions or winning lately have their share of arrogance

pirate4state
12-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I am sorry..but this statement coming from a Celina fan makes me LOL +1

lostaussie
12-16-2009, 08:41 PM
i gonna pull for d'field on saturday in WF..................but i might have on a hoodie that tells them who their daddy is:D..............but i don't need to tell them..............they already know...............GO TIGERS:D

CelinaCatFan
12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I enjoy the "Tiger Nation." They are a knowledgeable and loyal fanbase that loves their team. Can't ask for much more than that. I learned not to take everything they say too seriously. They just like to ruffle a few feathers.

I'm pulling for the Tigers this week!

slingshot
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM
I've been looking forward this one for a while... Bushland is good too--I think they'll give Daingerfield a fun for their money, should be a good one!

waterboy
12-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm not gonna say that Bushland "can't" give Daingerfield a good game, but honestly, I don't think Bushland has seen a team like the Tigers will bring into this contest. I could be wrong.......but I don't see this game being very close at all. The Tigers are big, athletic, and fast..........plus they are no strangers to the big game. This same team won the title last year with less than what they have this year, plus this year's Tiger team has another year of experience under their belt. Maybe Bushland will prove me wrong, but..........I don't see this game being very close.

ronwx5x
12-17-2009, 03:06 PM
There are some funny guys in the Tiger Nation. Some of them are always gonna say they are gonna beat so and so, but when it comes down to it they know better. There are a few of their posters that can't stand the fact that the Buckeyes have absolutely owned them over the last few years. Here are the facts:

Since '03:

'03 3A Bi-district: Gilmer 43, Daingerfield 0
'04 Pre-district game: Gilmer 36, Daingerfield 20
'05 Pre-district game: Daingerfield 26, Gilmer 17
'05 3A Bi-district: Gilmer 42, Daingerfield 32
'06 Pre-district game: Gilmer 62, Daingerfield 42
'07 Pre-district game: Gilmer 35, Daingerfield 12
'08 Pre-district game: Gilmer 49, Daingerfield 18
'09 Pre-district game: Gilmer 43, Daingerfield 20

So you tell me.........do you really think they would beat the Buckeyes? There's no history between Daingerfield and Carthage, or Graham for that matter. I seriously think they could've been a top 10 3A team, but that's about it. I certainly don't think anybody in 2A can beat them.

First off, you need to stop hating on other teams. Just because another school beats your Bobcats doesn't mean you have the "right" to spew hatred toward that team. You won't win them all, that's just a fact of life. Holding a grudge is just not healthy, and makes the grudge holder come across as hateful and unfriendly. Giving credit where credit is due is always a good idea whether you believe it or not.

UH huh, pretty easy to advise when you are a fan of a team that is 7-1 against D'field since '03!:D

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm not gonna say that Bushland "can't" give Daingerfield a good game, but honestly, I don't think Bushland has seen a team like the Tigers will bring into this contest. I could be wrong.......but I don't see this game being very close at all. The Tigers are big, athletic, and fast..........plus they are no strangers to the big game. This same team won the title last year with less than what they have this year, plus this year's Tiger team has another year of experience under their belt. Maybe Bushland will prove me wrong, but..........I don't see this game being very close.

Dont count out Bushland they are a darn good team..I think D-Field wins it, but I see it being a close game

waterboy
12-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Dont count out Bushland they are a darn good team..I think D-Field wins it, but I see it being a close game
How close do you think it'll be? I was thinking a 2 TD Tiger win, maybe a little more.......depending on turnovers and special teams play. Like I say, I know nothing about Bushland except that they've been beating the snot out of a lot of weaker teams. I don't know how they would match up with Daingerfield, but I've seen Daingerfield and I know what they have.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
How close do you think it'll be? I was thinking a 2 TD Tiger win, maybe a little more.......depending on turnovers and special teams play. Like I say, I know nothing about Bushland except that they've been beating the snot out of a lot of weaker teams. I don't know how they would match up with Daingerfield, but I've seen Daingerfield and I know what they have.

I dont really know..one thing helping D-Field..Bushland's Stud QB was lost to an injury..but Bushland scores and does it in bunches.

waterboy
12-17-2009, 04:41 PM
I dont really know..one thing helping D-Field..Bushland's Stud QB was lost to an injury..but Bushland scores and does it in bunches.
Yeah, I read about that. I understand that it's not as big a dropoff with the 2nd string QB as you would think, but I still say the Tigers will roll by at least 2 TDs. Of course, I haven't seen Bushland play so I'm only guessing. Have you seen the Falcons play this year?

lostaussie
12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I shall see them play Saturday night. G says they can score.........I assume they run a Texas Tech type spread..............just guessing???

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I shall see them play Saturday night. G says they can score.........I assume they run a Texas Tech type spread..............just guessing???

not sure..I know they have thrown for around 3500 and rush for about 1500..They average 510 yds a game

bobcat4life
12-17-2009, 08:04 PM
I havent seen Bushland play, but I think Daingerfield will be too athletic for them and win by 14 points or so

YTBulldogs
12-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Over by half. Like normal.

Daingerfield 50
Brushland 7