PDA

View Full Version : Freeman to Breckenridge???

GetRDoneStangs
12-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Sorry if already posted.....

Abilene tv KTXS reported the former Brownwood Coach is coming back to the Big Country and be the HC at Breck!!

Wow, leaving Permian....

:thinking: :thinking:

Z-RO
12-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I wonder what kind of numbers were thrown at him? $$$

Looking4number8
12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Way to go Breckenride!!! good luck to coach Freeman where ever you land!

injuredinmelee
12-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I didnt believe it either when I heard.

BEAST
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
You would have to know Steve to understand it. He is a program builder. This is a major task. He lives for these kind of tasks.

BEAST

injuredinmelee
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
talk about pissin into the wind...

BwdLion73
12-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
talk about pissin into the wind...

I heard at one time he had a place at Lake Brownwood that he really enjoyed. This would put him 70 something miles from it. Also with Breckenridge moving to 2A I think he would be capable of getting them in the playoffs within a year or two.

First thing he would do is try to get a non district warm up with Brownwood.:cool:

Johnny Utah
12-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Good coaches build and win, he can do both.

GetRDoneStangs
12-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Good coaches build and win, he can do both.

This may be true BUT......Steve Freeman is a jerk. He is self centered and I had the worse radio interview ever with an opposing coach...all he wanted to talk about was him getting on a plane to go watch his son play on Saturday.

We have talked with Brad McCoy the last 2 years and he was focused on his team and not that his son was playing on Saturday.

Good luck to Breck and lets hope his head will fit in your great stadium!!!

GrTigers6
12-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
This may be true BUT......Steve Freeman is a jerk. He is self centered and I had the worse radio interview ever with an opposing coach...all he wanted to talk about was him getting on a plane to go watch his son play on Saturday.

We have talked with Brad McCoy the last 2 years and he was focused on his team and not that his son was playing on Saturday.

Good luck to Breck and lets hope his head will fit in your great stadium!!! Not to argue with you or even say your wrong but I would have a hard time dealing with missing my son playing college ball. I have never met Steve so I don't know how he is, just a possible solution for his actions.:thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
12-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Not to argue with you or even say your wrong but I would have a hard time dealing with missing my son playing college ball. I have never met Steve so I don't know how he is, just a possible solution for his actions.:thinking:

I think the way we questioned him (mentioning the game the next day) and being focused on the game at hand....he went for quite a will on the Saturday game....I am like you would brag on my son at a Major U and being the starting Q back....but the task at hand was playing the Sweetwater Mustangs......and at the end of the game......oops!!

GrTigers6
12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I think the way we questioned him (mentioning the game the next day) and being focused on the game at hand....he went for quite a will on the Saturday game....I am like you would brag on my son at a Major U and being the starting Q back....but the task at hand was playing the Sweetwater Mustangs......and at the end of the game......oops!! Well let me ask you this, did they win or lose?

bwdlionfan
12-16-2009, 10:45 PM
As long as he's not coming back to Brownwood I'm fine with it