Trashman
12-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by coach
just reported on espn...thoughts?

Who is Jim Levit and why does he feel the need to strike a player?:confused:

Trashman
12-15-2009, 05:10 PM
The man lacks intelligence. :)

On Monday night, reports surfaced that the University of South Florida was investigating a claim that head football coach Jim Leavitt had slapped a player in the face during halftime of the Bulls' game vs. Louisville on Nov. 21.

Fanhouse.com reported that Phil Miller, the father of sophomore running back Joel Miller, confirmed the incident, as did five members of the Bulls' program and Miller's high school coach.

Today, WTSP-TV in Tampa reports that Leavitt, who is currently on a recruiting trip, has denied the allegations.

"It is untrue," Leavitt told WTSP's Dave Wirth by phone. "I'm very disappointed that this has been written. It is so untrue."

South Florida released a statement saying they were aware of the situation and are investigating the claims.

"The University of South Florida is aware of the story and will review the matter promptly. We're committed to ensuring due process for everyone involved. To ensure fairness, the university doesn't comment during a review."

WTSP also notes that during the Nov. 21 game vs. Louisville, Leavitt emerged from halftime with a cut on his nose, which he said came from a fall in the locker room. It was later learned that Leavitt had actually head-butted freshman linebacker LaDre Watkins -- who was wearing his helmet at the time -- as a motivational tool.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2009, 05:58 PM
The father of the player is already back tracking on his early comments

bobcat4life
12-15-2009, 10:33 PM
alot of this stuff is usually overblown and it could have easily been anything from trying to knock his head off to barely touching the player. To me, its almost a part of the game and should not be such a big deal. I bet 1/2 the people to coach have been around something like this happening or have done this, so I usually disregard these things.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
alot of this stuff is usually overblown and it could have easily been anything from trying to knock his head off to barely touching the player. To me, its almost a part of the game and should not be such a big deal. I bet 1/2 the people to coach have been around something like this happening or have done this, so I usually disregard these things.

If he on purpose hit a player in the face it is NOT part of the game..I never had a coach assualt me

JJWalker
12-15-2009, 10:42 PM
This is going to be the end to my personal favorite ...

The slap on the buttocks!

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Leavitt had actually head-butted freshman linebacker LaDre Watkins -- who was wearing his helmet at the time
:doh: :doh: :doh: Doesn't sound too bright!

bobcat4life
12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If he on purpose hit a player in the face it is NOT part of the game..I never had a coach assualt me I havent either but it happens very often and isnt reported so I never think much of these things

bobcat4life
12-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: :doh: Doesn't sound too bright! ive headbuted a brick wall. Hurts just a little bit :D

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
ive headbuted a brick wall. Hurts just a little bit :D
:thinking: Might explain something! :D ;)

bobcat4life
12-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: Might explain something! :D ;)
I think it explains alot of things :D