PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox hotstove action... Lackey coming to Beantown

slpybear the bullfan
12-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Well Rangers fans, maybe this will make you happy, the Angels sad, and the Sox feel a lot better about their staff.

ESPN reports that Lackey has agreed to a 5 year deal for to come play for the Sox.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4741437

Lester, Beckett, Lackey... that looks pretty good!

LETS GO RED SOX!!!

Keith7
12-15-2009, 01:20 AM
lackey is overrated.. poor roid sox, all their bandwagon fans will be disappointed in this signing in the long run

crzyjournalist03
12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm glad to see Lackey leave the Angels, but more because of what he did against the rest of the league than what he did against the Rangers. He's been the Rangers whipping boy for a number of years now.

What I'm more worried about is Seattle acquiring Cliff Lee. I honestly think Lee is a little overrated, but putting him behind Felix Hernandez in a rotation? That's really dangerous.

coach
12-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm glad to see Lackey leave the Angels, but more because of what he did against the rest of the league than what he did against the Rangers. He's been the Rangers whipping boy for a number of years now.

What I'm more worried about is Seattle acquiring Cliff Lee. I honestly think Lee is a little overrated, but putting him behind Felix Hernandez in a rotation? That's really dangerous.

angels lose lackey but gain hideki matsui

crzyjournalist03
12-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by coach
angels lose lackey but gain hideki matsui

Matsui isn't an upgrade from Vlad...I consider that a wash at best.