PDA

View Full Version : Stadium price gouging, part deux

squid
12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
KTXS here in Abilene just urged Abilene High fans to buy their tickets at the Athletic/Admin office early. Why? Not because they're that much cheaper, its because if you buy them at the gate at the Alamo Dome, they are end zone only tickets. You wont be allowed to sit on the AHS side. They also said parking is $10.

Is this a stadium deal or UIL? Either way, its ignorant. I swear, Jerry Jones must have a hand in it somewhere.

3afan
12-14-2009, 06:28 PM
hmm, last time I went to the Alamodome for title games all tix were GA, you could sit where you wanted to

NastySlot
12-14-2009, 07:02 PM
idk...i've been to numerous playoff games at the alamodome...state games included and have had my choice of places to sit.

my son is coming from school this weekend and told me he wanted to spend the day at the dome watching games....there's usually are some places to park with out paying if you look....and don't mind walking.

LHSEagleFan
12-14-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/football/football_finals.html
This will give you the info.

NastySlot
12-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Westlake website has ticket prices at the gate $15 and $18 and says all tickets are general admission.

http://www1.eanesisd.net/athletics/0506%20Web/Information/FB%20Playoff%20Tickets.htm

and the cut and pasted from the Katy site. FOOTBALL
On Saturday, the Tiger football team defeated New Braunfels 14 – 6 to advance to the state title game for the third year in a row.
Mr Offense was Donovonn Young
Mr Defense was Jonathon Fisher
Mr Special Teams was Sam Holl
Now 14-1, Katy will take on Abilene (15-0) for the Class 5A Division II state title next Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio at 7 p.m.
Game will be televised on FSN
Katy will be the home team and sit on the press box side of the Alamodome.

Admission Prices
Pre-Sale @ KHS
Adult $12
Student $7
*Limit 6 adult and 4 student tickets per person

Ticket Pre-Sale Dates and Times
Field House Lobby:
Monday: 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday: 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Main Campus:
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Freshman Campus:
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

At the Gate
$18 Reserved Club Level
$15 General Admission

Reserve tickets are available through Ticketmaster.com, via phone at 1-800-745-3000 and all Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets may also be purchased in person at the Alamodome Box Office.

THSCA membership card will be honored for holder only. Coaches must enter through the pass gate (Door 27 at the south entrance). NO OTHER PASSES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

If a patron who purchases a ticket at one of the participating schools wishes to attend both games, they can sit in the general admission plaza level area shown on their ticket for their particular game, however they will need to sit in the upper level general admission sections for the other game.

SPIRIT BANNERS AND BALLOONS
Banners are allowed on the railing of the first level only. Flags attached to poles are not allowed inside the Alamodome. Helium balloons of any type are not permitted in the Alamodome.

MERCHANDISE
Schools and unauthorized individuals are prohibited from selling programs, t-shirts, or any other merchandise on-site or within the clean zone area surrounding the Alamodome.

CAMERAS
Still cameras without professional lenses are permitted. VIDEO CAMERAS ARE NOT PERMITTED.

SPIRIT GROUPS
Only school spirit groups (cheerleaders and drill team) will be allowed on the field before the game, at half-time, and after the game. NO PARENTS OR STUDENTS ALLOWED ON THE FIELD DURING THOSE TIMES.

PARKING
General public parking will be available in lots B & C. The rate for parking is $10 per vehicle.

hope this helps.....
thank God they are take THSCA membership cards....saves me a little and hopeully i can get my usual free parking.