Formally Brownwood

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by FBAML
Formally Brownwood

nvm

BEAST
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Alot of history. He is one of the best program builders I have ever seen. If the folks at Breck, will help him, or atleast just get the hell out of his way, he will build a winner sooner rather than later.

BEAST

ccmom
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Alot of history. He is one of the best program builders I have ever seen. If the folks at Breck, will help him, or atleast just get the hell out of his way, he will build a winner sooner rather than later.

BEAST

I totally agree. I just wonder if they will give him a chance to do what he is capable of.

Bullaholic

BEAST

Good, 2-3A needs a little help. :D

Sweetwater Red

BEAST

He'll be in the same district as Cisco. I see a whole of 2nd place
finishes in his future. :thinking:

BEAST
12-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Good, 2-3A needs a little help. :D

Not likely to be 3A after the realignment. Probably going to be 2A.

BEAST

FBAML
12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Breck history does not suggest that a program can be built. The town has shown that they won't let that happen.

BEAST
12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Breck history does not suggest that a program can be built. The town has shown that they won't let that happen.

Well then consider this Brecks last chance. This man is a builder of programs, coaches, and kids. If they screw this up, then shame on them. If they will support him, he will have them winning.

BEAST

FBAML
12-14-2009, 02:06 PM
This won't be their last chance to screw things up. They are good at it.

squid
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM
uhhhh yeah, he might have trouble building a program in Breck. The last two times I've watched them play Wylie they fought their hearts out. But they are the smallest (in stature) group of athletes I've seen. Tiny linemen. And to hear my Breck friends talk, the town keeps losing population. But I'd love to see them in the same district as Cisco. My dad tells some good stories of Breckenridge, Cisco, Eastland and Ranger battles from back in the day....

cr180t
12-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Rumor or Fact?

Trashman
12-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Steve Freeman.

All I can think to say is "WOW!"

FBAML
12-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Not fact yet, but will be.

Trashman
12-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Not fact yet, but will be.

If you land him as HC/AD it won't be long till Breck is back to winning. Freeman has a way of getting kids to play over their heads. Of course that all depends on weather or not the Nazi that runs your school system lets him actually run things.:D

44INAROW
12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Steve Freeman.

isn't that the guy that was at Brownwood a while back?

Trashman
12-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
isn't that the guy that was at Brownwood a while back?

yes

FBAML
12-14-2009, 02:56 PM
From what I understand, the kids have been playing over their heads for a few years now. Just too much competetion. Not sure coaching has been the problem.

Trashman
12-14-2009, 02:59 PM
From what I understand, the kids have been playing over their heads for a few years now. Just too much competetion. Not sure coaching has been the problem.

I was never a big Freeman fan, but the man can build a program and coach up a team. I bet you he goes .500 or better in his first year as HC.

FBAML
12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
That's an easy bet seeing as how they will be out of the district they were in and probably 2a. I don't think it would take Vince Lombardi to do that. They have something like 30 seniors coming back, so I would think they would be loaded. I think last year they had 6.

tiger95
12-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Steve Freeman.

the same guy that went 3-7 a year ago right after brownwood dropped to 3a? nice choice breck!

Trashman
12-14-2009, 03:35 PM
That's an easy bet seeing as how they will be out of the district they were in and probably 2a. I don't think it would take Vince Lombardi to do that. They have something like 30 seniors coming back, so I would think they would be loaded. I think last year they had 6.

I didn't know any of that so I didn't take it into consideration.:D

BEAST
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by tiger95
the same guy that went 3-7 a year ago right after brownwood dropped to 3a? nice choice breck!

Yep same guy. Same guy that took Brownwood to the playoffs every year with rare exception. Same guy that lead Brownwood to victories over some big time teams. Copperas Cove, Ennis, Stephenville, Wolforth Frenship, Aledo, and on and on. Apperances in the Quarter finals, and Semi finals. Several third round apperances, only went one and done in the playoffs once that I can remember. Same guy that had a $500,000.00 - $750,000.00 weight room and indoor workout facility built, without taxpayer money. Also, a $1,000,000.00 stadium renovation again, with no taxpayer money. So, I agree, nice choice Breck.

BEAST

FBAML
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Did coach Freeman ever coach in Andrews? I thought I had seen that somewhere.

tiger95
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Yep same guy. Same guy that took Brownwood to the playoffs every year with rare exception. Same guy that lead Brownwood to victories over some big time teams. Copperas Cove, Ennis, Stephenville, Wolforth Frenship, Aledo, and on and on. Apperances in the Quarter finals, and Semi finals. Several third round apperances, only went one and done in the playoffs once that I can remember. Same guy that had a $500,000.00 - $750,000.00 weight room and indoor workout facility built, without taxpayer money. Also, a $1,000,000.00 stadium renovation again, with no taxpayer money. So, I agree, nice choice Breck.

Same guy that had several players go on to college (Div. 1) to play athetics and one go pro baseball. The same guy that had won so many games for brownwood, and they threw him out like trash, when he did have a bad season. Which I thought was bullstuff. What do you think they will be saying in breck when they drop to 2a? A 500 season won't cut it there. He will be out in a year, cause they don't have any patience in that town. I hope they don't drop down, so we can keep them in our distrct or at least on our schedule.

BEAST

95mustang
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM

BEAST :clap: :clap: :clap:

95mustang
12-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Did coach Freeman ever coach in Andrews? I thought I had seen that somewhere.

I don't believe he did. I can say it was Stapler, Lebby, Springston, Cordell since the late 80's. I know when Coach Stapler came to Brownwood Coach Freeman was one of his assitance. Coach Freeman is a fine man and will do alot for the athletic programs in Breckenridge.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Official: Freeman was approved this past Friday. Good luck to him.