PDA

View Full Version : Out of State HS Games

Bullaholic
12-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I would love to see Gilmer play some really good team from a neighboring state next season---that would be fun for all.

Possible opponents:

Jenks, OK

Evangel (Shreveport)

John Curtis (New Orleans)

bowleghorses
12-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah they would be some good games. Jenks got smoked by Union. Evangel beat John Curtis in the SC game. They are 2A teams but would put up a helluva game. They both are hard to beat. John curtis got beat by Carroll this year I believe.Evangel played up in the higher divisions with 1A numbers for a while.

bowleghorses
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
It is a little different over here in La. We play public and private in the same classifications . Almost not fair in the lower classifications. Scholarships and all...:D The Notre Dame Pioneers are in our district. They are this years 3a state champs.

cshscougar08
12-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
It is a little different over here in La. We play public and private in the same classifications . Almost not fair in the lower classifications. Scholarships and all...:D The Notre Dame Pioneers are in our district. They are this years 3a state champs.

Oklahoma plays private and public together as well. There is a 3A (2A numbers in Texas) school that has won three straight titles and over 40 games in a row.

Bullaholic
12-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Yea, I know---I graduated from East Jefferson in Metairie, LA.

bowleghorses
12-14-2009, 12:27 PM
The Texas schools don't know how lucky they have it with UIL. We had three regular season loses ,two to private schools in top ten in state.One in district.

bowleghorses
12-14-2009, 12:34 PM
These teams reload year end and out. :mad:

NastySlot
12-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah they would be some good games. Jenks got smoked by Union. Evangel beat John Curtis in the SC game. They are 2A teams but would put up a helluva game. They both are hard to beat. John curtis got beat by Carroll this year I believe.Evangel played up in the higher divisions with 1A numbers for a while.

Curtis was undefeated going into the Evangel game....didn't play Carroll this year. Evangel played Lake Travis last year and lost i think by 14?

Those LA powerhouses have 2A numbers but a good percentage of their enrollment is made up of boys..playing football.

waterboy
12-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Yep, and they are actually allowed to recruit. Sounds a little unfair to me....

bowleghorses
12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
They don't recruit...they give scholarships...:foul: :foul: :foul: