PDA

View Full Version : Buckeyes will repeat in 2010

dirtydan
12-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Old Dragon - the bucks next years crop has no lack of talent. talent oozing all over the place. The JVs were awesome they won all their games, 7, 8, & 9 looked good also. They should repeat, no matter which district they end up in.
East Texas still have some more trophies to snatch; Longview, Carthage, Daingerfield, and Cayuga is in east texas also.

Stump for Governor

Buckeye1980
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
slow down DirtyDan.....lets live in the moment and enjoy!

wimbo_pro
12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

Exactly...enjoy until the beginning of baseball season at least!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Your tagline prompts me to say this.

It demeans Stump to suggest a career in politics for him.

If I have learned anything in life, it is that politics is one of the most frustrating and, much of the time, evil pursuits one can follow.

Stump exists in a world far above politics. And let's hope he stays that way. He is akin to a superhero for literally thousands of our youth now.

lostaussie
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
jeez............I'm gonna enjoy this one until.................till at least we get the parade over:doh:

old dragon
12-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I feel good about next year also, but lets relish the moment for now.When is the parade and ring ceremony?Where is Squid?I didn"t see his hoss at the Golden Corral Saturday.ha ha, Just joking.

N4SIR
12-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Losing 29 seniors will be tough but I like our chances to win District next year and make it to the playoffs. Who knows how deep we will go. I thought losing 29 would be tough but Abilene Wylie is losing 42 seniors -- wow!

lostaussie
12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Losing 29 seniors will be tough but I like our chances to win District next year and make it to the playoffs. Who knows how deep we will go. I thought losing 29 would be tough but Abilene Wylie is losing 42 seniors -- wow! they have like a 170 players:D

44INAROW
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Losing 29 seniors will be tough but I like our chances to win District next year and make it to the playoffs. Who knows how deep we will go. I thought losing 29 would be tough but Abilene Wylie is losing 42 seniors -- wow!

Originally posted by lostaussie
they have like a 170 players:D

it's possible.. Cuero had 3 returning starters in 2009...... I don't recall the 2008 figures. We had 32 seniors in 2007. Just gotta reload :)

STANG RED
12-14-2009, 05:10 PM
they have like a 170 players:D

I counted 90 suited out. I commented to someone, I dont think we even have that many uniforms, including jr. high. No wonder they kick our butts every year. :(

waterboy
12-14-2009, 05:21 PM
I'll think about that possibility (of repeating) after a couple of months of celebrating, and/or when the withdrawal symptoms start.:( It's been a heckuva ride this year! The Buckeyes went wire-to-wire with a #1 ranking, and brought home the big prize. Although I don't consider a repeat out of the question, I just can't let this championship go without the proper celebratory period...... I will say this, though, I remember back in '04 when the Buckeyes only had 2 returning starters back from a quarterfinalist team that was 13-1, and they went on and won it all, so, yes, it IS possible.;)

Green Bling
12-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Whoa!! As much affection as I have for you Gilmer types, there is at least one team that I can think of that may have a little something to say about a repeat by the Buckeyes!
:D :D

bobcat4life
12-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I counted 90 suited out. I commented to someone, I dont think we even have that many uniforms, including jr. high. No wonder they kick our butts every year. :(
they had jv players suited out. it was easy to tell because the jerseys were different. celina does the same thing-around 135 this year

dirtydan
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

that was just for the haters, but they didn't bite.

sinfan75
12-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Uh no.

dirtydan
12-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Your tagline prompts me to say this.

It demeans Stump to suggest a career in politics for him.

If I have learned anything in life, it is that politics is one of the most frustrating and, much of the time, evil pursuits one can follow.

Stump exists in a world far above politics. And let's hope he stays that way. He is akin to a superhero for literally thousands of our youth now.

again, that was just for the haters, but they didn't bite.

Charlie47
12-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
Old Dragon - the bucks next years crop has no lack of talent. talent oozing all over the place. The JVs were awesome they won all their games, 7, 8, & 9 looked good also. They should repeat, no matter which district they end up in.
East Texas still have some more trophies to snatch; Longview, Carthage, Daingerfield, and Cayuga is in east texas also.

Stump for Governor

Are we supposed to just go ahead an present Gilmer the trophy
or can we go ahead and play the season?:confused: We only lose 15 and we have 8 Offensive and 8 Defensive starters
returning. Our QB and RBs and all our receivers return. We'd kind
of like to go ahead with the season. I thought you folks would still be celabrating, and not declaring yourselves king.;)

CueroDad08
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
or can we go ahead and play the season?:confused: We only lose 15 and we have 8 Offensive and 8 Defensive starters
of like to go ahead with the season. I thought you folks would still be celabrating, and not declaring yourselves king.;) \\

I am sure the Cuero Gobblers will have alot to say about that as well. 9 back on D and most of our 0 will also be back.

garciap77
12-14-2009, 09:48 PM
of like to go ahead with the season. I thought you folks would still be celabrating, and not declaring yourselves king.;)
:iagree:
Charlie I think LL will be hard to beat next year! I think they will make it to the big show if they stay in 3A!

garciap77
12-14-2009, 09:51 PM
jeez............I'm gonna enjoy this one until.................till at least we get the parade over:doh:

Hey! You can come get the car for the parade!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/car.jpg

;)

Pawdaddy
12-14-2009, 10:28 PM

In my best Tom Petty impersonation, and with all of you singing along with me, "It's good to be King......................." I don't know any more words to it, BUT IT IS GOOD TO BE KING! And the Buckeyes will be until somebody knocks them off! Think about that for........about a year!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

N4SIR
12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I noticed 3 or 4 LL coaches at the Gilmer game Saturday night. I sat there wondering what they must be thinking as they watched the mighty Buckeyes put on a masterpiece. Oh, and I prefer We Are The Champions by Queen. No time for losers...
LL won't be in the mix next year anyway when they move up to 4A.

WOS87
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
As long as LL and Gilmer stay in D1... fine with me!

:) ;)

Charlie47
12-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:iagree:
Charlie I think LL will be hard to beat next year! I think they will make it to the big show if they stay in 3A!

Thanks garciap77, I saw you in the M & G picture. So sorry I didn't get to meet you, hopefully next year. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!:clap: :) I'm confident we will stay in 3A, at least
hopefully so.

Pawdaddy
12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I prefer We Are The Champions by Queen. No time for losers...

I don't know, "Queen" just doesn't seem to belong in the same paragraph as BUCKEYES!

bobcat4life
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I noticed 3 or 4 LL coaches at the Gilmer game Saturday night. I sat there wondering what they must be thinking as they watched the mighty Buckeyes put on a masterpiece. Oh, and I prefer We Are The Champions by Queen. No time for losers...
LL won't be in the mix next year anyway when they move up to 4A.
anybody know what LL turned in as their enrollment?

ccmom
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
anybody know what LL turned in as their enrollment?

I think I remember Matthew saying they turned in around 950 or so, but I don't remember the exact figure. I know it was a number that would presumably be 3A after realignment.

Charlie47
12-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I think I remember Matthew saying they turned in around 950 or so, but I don't remember the exact figure. I know it was a number that would presumably be 3A after realignment.

I believe it was 976

ccmom
12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I believe it was 976

Thanks Charlie....you da man!:D