PDA

View Full Version : Everman v Forney observations

The Chosen 1
12-03-2002, 12:43 AM
Forney loses DaBryan Blanton. Everyone writes Forney off. The truth is that Forney may actually be a better team all-around. Everman loses a great deal of talent including their #1 linebacker, Andre Simon to graduation. They lose their entire starting secondary to graduation, and "experts" say that Everman's defense will be weaker when in reality they have been a integral part of the 2002 season successes of Everman.

All background aside, who else besides me thinks Everman v Forney will be a tremendous game?

It will be hard fought and the team that does win wont win easily.

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2002, 09:38 AM
I think it will be the best 3A game this year.

jason
12-03-2002, 12:48 PM
it has the same stakes as last year...whoever wins the Forney s Everman game will be state champs...just like last year...

GO FORNEY

kaorder1999
12-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Though I do agree it will be a great game...it is a little different this year than last year. Not quite the same stakes. It was pretty obvious last year that the winner would probably be the State Champs. But this year, the winner has to go through the team to beat in 3A, Jasper. Jasper is tough. And if Burnet wins, they are also tough!

Forney versus Everman will be great though!

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

BigDog
12-03-2002, 07:22 PM
I agree this will be a tough game! Forney's defense has been strong all year playing a tougher schedule than Everman faced. Everman lost several keys guys as all teams do; however, Everman is primarly a team made of seniors with a lot of those returning juniors from last years team.

Yes, Forney did lose Blanton to graduation as well as one of the top fullbacks in 3A in Bryson Brown. Forney also lost several defensive players such as their # 1 linebacker as well as the entire starting secondary which included two of the 3A State Relay Champions. So looking at players lost from last year's game, Forney has made significant changes in which all players have responded with a great year!

Go Rabbits!