PDA

View Full Version : 4A Division II vs. 3A Playoff Teams

Milk That Cow
12-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Looking at that entire 4A Division II Playoff bracket was as underwhelming as I've seen in a long time...

Brenham vs. Aledo for the State Championship?

Can you say, "underwhelming"....

I could list about 10-15 Teams in 3A that could beat both of those teams handily...

Now the 4A Division I is absolutely loaded...

Division II not at all...

but. this is just my humble opinion...

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

I could list about 10-15 Teams in 3A that could beat both of those teams handily...
i probably would not go that far............haven't seen either play................but i don't live in a fantasy world!!

easttexas3a
12-13-2009, 09:56 PM
As a Gilmer fan, having seen most of our games, and all the playoff games. Seeing the 4a teams around our area.......

Gilmer vs. Marshall/Sulphur Springs would of been good games with Gilmer edging out both of them imo.

We would of beat the other 4a's small schools (Kilgore we did beat 70-27) the other small school team was Lindale which We would of beat handidly.

Not sure hwo we would of done against Brenham or Aledo.

I will say Longview from our area would of been favored by at least 2 touchdowns against us, they are loaded and very good. They will not play us though, they have 2100 kids and we have 650. They wouldn't of risked us playing them tight haha.

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i probably would not go that far............haven't seen either play................but i don't live in a fantasy world!! I saw Brenham on the internet play and they are definitely a top 4A team, honestly I dont think anyone in 3A could hold them to 40 points or less

WOS87
12-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I saw Brenham on the internet play and they are definitely a top 4A team, honestly I dont think anyone in 3A could hold them to 40 points or less

Eh... props to them for making it to the finals but their 6 point wins over both PN-G and Dayton were underwhelming.

WO-S played several PN-G opponents better than PN-G did and Dayton was demolished by Crosby 0-28 earlier in the season in district play.

Rocket
12-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Looking at that entire 4A Division II Playoff bracket was as underwhelming as I've seen in a long time...

Aledo would smack Gilmer upside their mouth and watch them bleed.

kaorder1999
12-13-2009, 11:34 PM

dont agree

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 11:40 PM
You could argue that 2A and 3A are pretty close in hand when you talk about state champion teams. But 4A playoff teams who make it 3 rounds deep are way beyond any 3A teams

easttexas3a
12-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Aledo would smack Gilmer upside their mouth and watch them bleed.

Rocket, you thought we would lose to Abilene Wylie last night too. Maybe we would beat Aledo since Rocket is in support of them. What a fool haha.

easttexas3a
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
You could argue that 2A and 3A are pretty close in hand when you talk about state champion teams. But 4A playoff teams who make it 3 rounds deep are way beyond any 3A teams

Disagree with this simply because I did see both Marshall and Sulphur Springs play, both teams made it to the 3rd round, SS making it to the 4th, and I can honestly say both would have been good games for Gilmer. I think Gilmer would have beaten both. And some of the teams they played to get there we would have beaten as well, such as Corsicana, Lindale, Kilgore (70-27).

Now Idk how good Brenham or Aledo is, but as I said, Gilmer could have competed with all the 4a teams in our area with the exception of Longview.

Old Tiger
12-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Aledo has one of the best running backs in the state. It will be a tough call when him and Trent Jackson are seniors as to who will be the top recruit in the state.

NateDawg39
12-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Disagree with this simply because I did see both Marshall and Sulphur Springs play, both teams made it to the 3rd round, SS making it to the 4th, and I can honestly say both would have been good games for Gilmer. I think Gilmer would have beaten both. And some of the teams they played to get there we would have beaten as well, such as Corsicana, Lindale, Kilgore (70-27).

Now Idk how good Brenham or Aledo is, but as I said, Gilmer could have competed with all the 4a teams in our area with the exception of Longview. I wouldnt brag about Kilgore :p

easttexas3a
12-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Speaking of Kilgore..........

East Texas Could have a very good 3a district if realignment puts things together just right

Gilmer
Kilgore
Henderson
Gladewater
Spring Hill
Carthage
Tatum
Chapel Hill

WOS87
12-14-2009, 05:20 AM

I disagree as well! 3A WO-S beat 4A State Semifinalist Dayton two years ago.

I'd say the upper echelon teams of any classification have the ability to compete with the best of the next higher classification no matter whether you're 1A or 4A.

Heck... some of the ratings and polls have 4A Lake Travis ranked higher than ANY of the 5A teams.

Spread It Out
12-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Brenham is a legitimate contender for the state title in 4A every year. I think Gilmer would be the only team that could possibly hang with them being both teams style is to spread it out and get in a shootout with their opponent.

oldtownag
12-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Carthage beat 4 - 4A teams this year:

Kilgore, Henderson, Jacksonville, Nacogdoches

Matthew328
12-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Division II was down this year, the top teams in D2 I thought were Aledo, Brenham, Stephenville, Denison, Everman, Lake Dallas and Angleton....I think Gilmer-Carthage would most everyone else in D2 but games against these teams would be hard fought