PDA

View Full Version : Beat a dead horse, shall we?

Gobbla2001
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Soooo... if I had my way THIS YEAR, yesterday the nation would have been watching #8 Ohio State and #9 Georgia Tech battle in primetime for the 8th and final spot in The BCS playoffs... only question is: where would they play?

At first thought I figured #9 has to go on the road to play #8, but with the final BCS rankings coming out just a week ahead of this game, deciding who is eligible for the playoffs, it may be a little hard for the #8 team's stadium officials to get things ready for a game they had not planned for... So we'll just go with a predetermined site (all other playoff games will be at predetermined sites as well)... An example would be this game being played in the Georgia Dome... maybe they (or another one) could host the play-in every year...

After the field is set, the first round's 4 games will be played in between the Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, Rose, Cotton and another additional bowl venue (you know Jerry would want the Cotton in Arlington and would get it, just find one more)...

The 2nd round's two games would be played in the remaining two, and the championship game at one of the six (alternate every year, make it The Rose every year to stroke Pasadena's ego I don't care)...

So yup, in my perfect little world I actually kept the infamous BCS... Deciding who plays in the championship is not a job the BCS consistantly does well, if at all... But you cannot deny, for the most part, that the BCS does a pretty good job of getting the top 10 right (just maybe not in the correct order)...

In future years I'd recommend 10-game regular seasons, thatta way we can avoid the "ohhh noooo they play too many games argument"... This year after Texas and 'Bama play in the Nat'l Championship game, they will have played 14 games... If they were to be playing in the BCS Playoffs Nat' Championship game, they would be playing their 13th game (14th game if they won the play-in)... only argument I see against a 10-game regular season is that the teams will lose money for not playing 13/14 games a year consistantly... but we can play 11 if you'd like :D

not perfect, but it's better and I think it'd work (both crowd-pleasing and will still make you your damned money)...

Oh, and keep the other 500 bowls, I don't mind watching those if they're good and it does help to boost local economies in those cities...