PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers for Life

TRENCHES06
12-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you Leopard football team for the great run.
It's been fun watching you grow as players and young men over the last 4-6 years.

You understood the true meaning of TEAM and BROTHERHOOD and were truly a BAND OF BROTHERS.
You will never forget all the memories made in the locker room, on the practice field, on the buses, and of course when the lights went on and it was time to play.

It is now time for a new crop of Leopards to step up and take charge. The Leps have some good skill players returning and will also need to look to some current freshmen to fill some holes left by the departing seniors. The 2009 Band of Brothers was created in the offseason workouts and grew from there because there was a commitment to each other to succeed.

Looking forward to seeing what new leaders emerge during the next year.

Go Leopards!

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Thank you Leopard football team for the great run.
It's been fun watching you grow as players and young men over the last 4-6 years.

You understood the true meaning of TEAM and BROTHERHOOD and were truly a BAND OF BROTHERS.
You will never forget all the memories made in the locker room, on the practice field, on the buses, and of course when the lights went on and it was time to play.

It is now time for a new crop of Leopards to step up and take charge. The Leps have some good skill players returning and will also need to look to some current freshmen to fill some holes left by the departing seniors. The 2009 Band of Brothers was created in the offseason workouts and grew from there because there was a commitment to each other to succeed.

Looking forward to seeing what new leaders emerge during the next year.

Go Leopards!

Amen, Thank You Leps. With the skilled players returning next year, I know there are some young players that are going work hard for the next year and summer to pick up the slack. This years Band of Brothers have set the tone for the younger ones and I feel the commitment will be their for the years to come. A Special Thanks goes out to the Coaches, You have made a differences in each of these boy's lives. Go Leps.

Bull's-eye
12-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Congratulations LG on a great season! Should be another fun season in 2010. :)

Pudlugger
12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Well said Trenches06. This Leopard team, this Band of Brothers gave their all last night and fought the good fight against a team that was a lot bigger, a little faster and a little more experienced. They never gave up and displayed tremendous heart. Last night was just not their night. It was Carthage's night and they deserve praise for playing an outstanding game.I think I can say that we all from La Grange wish them success next week against Graham. If we played Carthage 10 times I really believe the Bulldogs would probably win 9 times allowing for the vagaries of the game and Leopard tenacity. So Leps hold your heads high. Thanks for a really thrilling 16 weeks. You served your selves, your team, your Band of Brothers, school and community well and we are proud.

On another note I would like to thank God for watching over the Leps last night on the way home in the charter buses. About
5 miles south of Cameron on a narrow undivided highway 77 a drunk in a Silverado pickup was driving on the wrong side of the road. Our bus driver reacted quickly swerving to the right enough to take the blow to the left side of our bus. The pickup then careened into the charter bus following us and smashed into the front of it. Two ER nurses and I from the first bus went to the scene and assessed the situation. The driver was sitting behind his deployed airbag with a dazed expression on his face. He spoke only Spanish. He couldn't open the door and we felt he was not in a life threatening state so waited until the EMS arrived. They had to smash a window to open the door. The driver was uninjured but very intoxicated. He was led away on foot assessed for injury then arrested and jailed. Fortunately only minor injuries were sustained on the bus.

Both bus drivers deserve credit for their evasive actions to avoid a direct headon which would have been fatal for sure. The Leps community came together on Hwy 77 with the team bus, the band bus and the cheer team bus pulling up and taking the 110 of us aboard to finish the trip. By the time all the investigation and name gathering was finished we left the scene around 2:00 AM. I rode home on the team bus. The coaches and players were very kind and polite and made those of us stranded folks as comfortable as possible. We made it to the field house around 3AM.

I would like to say that I was really proud of the coaches and their players. Even though they lost a tough game and obviously were disappointed they displayed great professionalism and the players great maturity in dealing with the adversity of that night on the field and on the highway. Thank you very much.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pudlugger
[B]Well said Trenches06. This Leopard team, this Band of Brothers gave their all last night and fought the good fight against a team that was a lot bigger, a little faster and a little more experienced. They never gave up and displayed tremendous heart. Last night was just not their night. It was Carthage's night and they deserve praise for playing an outstanding game.I think I can say that we all from La Grange wish them success next week against Graham. If we played Carthage 10 times I really believe the Bulldogs would probably win 9 times allowing for the vagaries of the game and Leopard tenacity. So Leps hold your heads high. Thanks for a really thrilling 16 weeks. You served your selves, your team, your Band of Brothers, school and community well and we are proud.

On another note I would like to thank God for watching over the Leps last night on the way home in the charter buses. About
5 miles south of Cameron on a narrow undivided highway 77 a drunk in a Silverado pickup was driving on the wrong side of the road. Our bus driver reacted quickly swerving to the right enough to take the blow to the left side of our bus. The pickup then careened into the charter bus following us and smashed into the front of it. Two ER nurses and I from the first bus went to the scene and assessed the situation. The driver was sitting behind his deployed airbag with a dazed expression on his face. He spoke only Spanish. He couldn't open the door and we felt he was not in a life threatening state so waited until the EMS arrived. They had to smash a window to open the door. The driver was uninjured but very intoxicated. He was led away on foot assessed for injury then arrested and jailed. Fortunately only minor injuries were sustained on the bus.

Both bus drivers deserve credit for their evasive actions to avoid a direct headon which would have been fatal for sure. The Leps community came together on Hwy 77 with the team bus, the band bus and the cheer team bus pulling up and taking the 110 of us aboard to finish the trip. By the time all the investigation and name gathering was finished we left the scene around 2:00 AM. I rode home on the team bus. The coaches and players were very kind and polite and made those of us stranded folks as comfortable as possible. We made it to the field house around 3AM.

I would like to say that I was really proud of the coaches and their players. Even though they lost a tough game and obviously were disappointed they displayed great professionalism and the players great maturity in dealing with the adversity of that night on the field and on the highway. Thank you very much. [/B

Thank God ya'll are alright!! What a Nightmare! Tell the Band of Brothers they fought a good fight and they will be well prepared for another run for the ring next year!! Best of luck to La Grange for the rest of the season!!!!

LHS 2SONS
12-13-2009, 01:07 PM
BAND OF BROTHERS - THANK YOU

It was a fun ride, I will never forget the great memories from this group. Only a very few players can say they were one game away from the Championship. Keep your head up high and continue with the success that you guys have had so for this year. Thanks to the Coaches, you guys believed that this group could be special since the 7th grade. I heard numerous times from you that we will be playing in December with this group. Thanks for pushing them and believing in them. To all of the other supporters THANKS as well, it really showed the LG community support as the crowds were loud and proud every playoff game. As emotions are still pretty high in this house, it will take the BAND OF BROTHERS to come together and realize what you guys have done and what great young men you have become. THANKS BAND OF BROTHERS WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

Pudlugger, thats not what I had in mind when I said Mrs. Pudlugger would not enjoy the trip home on the other thread. Thank God that everyone was ok.

Pudlugger
12-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks oldtownag. Good luck next week. I see another ring in the Bulldog's future.

gameface
12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Bravo Band of Brothers! As coach Walker said post-game, we win together and we lose together. LG is a team, a band of brothers...for life. I'm so proud of your accomplishments and have enjoyed the opportunity to see each one of you mature into fine young men. Through the victories and adverse times, you keep your GAMEFACE ON for the next challenge. So, again I say Bravo to the 2009 Fighting Leopards of La Grange. We love you guys and thank you for an exciting football season. Pud-glad to here that you and the other LG folks traveling home last night made it home safely despite the MVA south of Waco. Thanks Lep players, coaches and community for such a memorable and truly incredible season. I believe in the entire Leopard football crew, Alpha Walker and his entire coaching staff, Leopard fans and Santa. Keep your GAMEFACE ON and head up high-your a special bunch of athletes. Know in your heart that you are all champions.

Pudlugger
12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Right on!!!

TRENCHES06
12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Hoorah!