PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeys 3A Div-1 state champs

old dragon
12-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Nuff said!!!!!!!

dirtydan
12-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Ques is, do they believe....... now that the bucks have swept the slate clean and picked up all the marbles.

HEMOTOXIC
12-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Congrats!

ivchris
12-13-2009, 02:47 AM
Congratulations Gilmer. Well played game.

blowfish
12-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Just got in.... What a great game that Gilmer played.

I am confused though,leading up to this game everyone said the QB # 10 was awesome I just didnt see it. Just joking that kid is pretty darn good. I was really impressed with his ability to get rid of the ball before taking a sack. I think I saw him make two mistakes all night. He wasnt to bad at running the ball either!

He will be tough to replace.

I had a great time at the meet and greet and it was great to finally put some more faces to some screen names.

Congrats to Gilmer, you deserved the win you were obviously the best team in the state tonight.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Just got home from the game. I did pick the Bulldogs to win at the first of the week. Very good game though, don't have one call to complain about. Gilmer and Wylie both were very classy! Thats always awesome to see!

Congrats to the Gilmer Buckeyes 09' State Champs:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bulldogs don't hang your heads, you guys had an awesome season! Not everyone has played for a state title, thats one thing to be proud about.

Now ready for next week!

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Congrats Gilmer. You had a great season.

P.S. Put a bug in Traylor's ear that you want to play Carthage in preseason next year!

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

P.S. Put a bug in Traylor's ear that you want to play Carthage in preseason next year!

So after winning State, who was your toughest competition in the playoffs.

44INAROW
12-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
So after winning State, who was your toughest competition in the playoffs.

excellent question

WylieBulldog87
12-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Gilmer was a great team. I want to say Wylie didn't play well. But why wouldn't you bring your A game to the state final? I think Gilmer was just that much better than Wylie this year. Wylie has nothing to be ashamed about. They had a great season. Gilmer has 6 division players on their roster. They looked faster.

Way to go Gilmer. Congrats. You guys were awesome.

Aesculus gilmus
12-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

It's possible we will be in the same district. This used to be the case in the '90s. Who knows what will happen with 3A realignment? Lots of rumors out there.

gobblerfan34
12-13-2009, 11:19 AM
congrats Gilmer on a great season

well deserved state championship

hope we can meet again in the playoffs

GO MEAN GREEN

wyliegrad04
12-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Wylie had a couple of chances to move the ball and score, and that might have helped the momentum ... but overall, Gilmer was controlling the game the whole time. Couple of interceptions cost Wylie big, but Gilmer has a fumble that cost them a TD too.

It was a good game, Wylie played hard until the end ... #10 is good, very good.

Wylie had a problem with YAC all year, and it REALLY hurt in this game. That 3rd and 44 was a good example, we had two guys hit him 5 yards from the line and he ran for another 25 or so.

Wylie's reloading and will be back next year ... they always come to play and can get the job done (well, most of the time ;) )

So ... what's Wylie vs Graham or Brownwood look like for next year? Oh wait! UIL realignment! Don't see Wylie going anywhere, I'm sure we paid the UIL enough $$ this year to keep us 3A again (that is a joke, BTW).

Congrats to Gilmer, heck of a team/coaches/fans/school.

Good job Wylie!

buxfanatic
12-13-2009, 12:00 PM
[
excellent question [/B][/QUOTE]
CUERO

Bullaholic
12-13-2009, 12:11 PM
I think Gilmer left no doubt about who's the best 3A team in the state. They deserve the DI State Title all the way---I think Cuero was the only team that gave them a real scare this season. Congrats to a great Buckeye team.

tdsteele
12-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Cuero without a doubt. If the Buckeyes played the Gobblers every week, you would have a different outcome everytime.

Navatsota, when playing their best is really really good as well.

AW is cetainly a good team but they do not have the speed to hang.

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Cuero without a doubt. If the Buckeyes played the Gobblers every week, you would have a different outcome everytime.

Navatsota, when playing their best is really really good as well.

AW is cetainly a good team but they do not have the speed to hang.

I honestly feel like that was the determining factor. Gilmer just has far too much speed for the Bulldogs. It's the old adage that you can't hit what you can't catch. And you can't outrun what you can't.......umm.......outrun.:D

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I honestly feel like that was the determining factor. Gilmer just has far too much speed for the Bulldogs. It's the old adage that you can't hit what you can't catch. And you can't outrun what you can't.......umm.......outrun.:D

Before the Gilmer-Wylie game I said the best 2 teams had already played (Gilmer-Cuero), I beleive now that statement is pretty acurate. Wylie may not agree but their game against Gilmer was controlled by Gilmer, Cuero had Gilmer on the ropes. Gilmer and Carthage -State Champion's 2009.

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Before the Gilmer-Wylie game I said the best 2 teams had already played (Gilmer-Cuero), I beleive now that statement is pretty acurate. Wylie may not agree but their game against Gilmer was controlled by Gilmer, Cuero had Gilmer on the ropes. Gilmer and Carthage -State Champion's 2009.

#1 Gilmer
#2 Carthage
#3 Cuero
#4 Navasota
#5 LaGrange
#6 Graham
#7 Abilene Wylie
#8 Lucas Lovejoy
#9 Pittsburg
#10 Sinton

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Looking back to last year, I see that Carthage beat Gilmer in '08. i was able to watch Gilmer last night, and was wondering what some would think if they matched up this year.

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Looking back to last year, I see that Carthage beat Gilmer in '08. i was able to watch Gilmer last night, and was wondering what some would think if they matched up this year.

I honestly feel like Gilmer and Carthage are the best two teams in the state this year with Cuero as a very very close third.

08 Reg III Final
Carthage 31
Gilmer 28

Without Si'Darius Blackshire and Dwight Smith, I believe the Buckeyes would win against the Bulldogs. Those two were on a different planet talent-wise, and we have basically our entire team back from 08. I think the Buckeyes of 09 are talented enough to overcome that 3 pt differential from last year.
But everyone can thank Chapel Hill for not being able to see Gilmer vs Carthage Rd 2!:D

Green Bling
12-13-2009, 03:40 PM
So ... what's Wylie vs Graham or Brownwood look like for next year? Oh wait! UIL realignment! Don't see Wylie going anywhere, I'm sure we paid the UIL enough $$ this year to keep us 3A again (that is a joke, BTW).

Never thought I'd hear someone from Wylie say that out loud. We've been curious about that for years!! LOL!!:D :D

Congrats on a great run this year!!

Green Bling
12-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04

Congrats to Gilmer, heck of a team/coaches/fans/school.

Good job Wylie!

Never thought I'd hear someone from Wylie say that out loud. We've been curious about that for years!! LOL!!:D :D

Congrats on a great run this year!!

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 03:58 PM
I honestly feel like Gilmer and Carthage are the best two teams in the state this year with Cuero as a very very close third.

08 Reg III Final
Carthage 31
Gilmer 28

Without Si'Darius Blackshire and Dwight Smith, I believe the Buckeyes would win against the Bulldogs. Those two were on a different planet talent-wise, and we have basically our entire team back from 08. I think the Buckeyes of 09 are talented enough to overcome that 3 pt differential from last year.
But everyone can thank Chapel Hill for not being able to see Gilmer vs Carthage Rd 2!:D

Don't look now but Blackshire is having his records broken by Morgan. As for Smith we don't have the break away threat this year but we are still very potent due to the dominate line.

P.S. Carthage still has SCOREBOARD.

Pawdaddy
12-13-2009, 04:16 PM
The KickOff Classic at Rose Stadium would be close to a sellout with Gilmer hosting Carthage. We do own the rights to that game, don't we?

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I agree lets get it on.

But, we have one more game to attend to!

NastySlot
12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Congrats to Gilmer on their SC...and to Wylie on a very good season.

garciap77
12-14-2009, 02:39 PM

08 Reg III Final
Carthage 31
Gilmer 28

:iagree:

trojan37
12-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, and if not, here are some good pics of the game.

Gilmer vs. Wylie (http://www.bradsactionphotos.com/p509267116/h3d4eee7b#h31dd8146)