PDA

View Full Version : East Texas Power in 3A

Matthew328
12-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Gilmer just dominated Wylie, and we came real close to having an all East Texas Div II title game...I think Carthage rolls next week....as usual East Texas is a hot bed

SintonFan
12-13-2009, 01:52 AM
lol
Just what some of us wanted to hear...:doh::D

Cameron Crazy
12-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Carthage is going against probably the best defense in 3A football. They will not roll. Good try though.

WOS87
12-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Carthage is going against probably the best defense in 3A football. They will not roll. Good try though.

I thought Prosper had the best defense in 3A football..

Oh wait, they lost already...

I thought Ab Wylie had the next best...

Oh wait, they lost already too.

Good luck!

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Gilmer just dominated Wylie, and we came real close to having an all East Texas Div II title game...I think Carthage rolls next week....as usual East Texas is a hot bed

Graham dominated Pittsburg all but 1 quarter and even those were self inflicted wounds but yet it was "real close". No it was just a matter of time before Graham got out of their 3rd quarter funk and stepped up. Yes it was a bad snap, but like the old saying goes "pipes burst under pressure". Graham would have had the ball around the 50 with a little over 2 mins left and 2 time outs, it just didnt come down to that snap.

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Carthage is going against probably the best defense in 3A football. They will not roll. Good try though. Your right they won't just roll, they will roll, crush, dismantle and dominate Graham. Reminds me of last years game when Celina played Carthage. So many posters tried to tell the Celina folks that the Train was coming and they denied, denied, denied. Guess what happened? The Train rolled, crushed, dismantled and dominated Celina and the Bulldogs brought the State Championship back to East Texas. A carbon copy of last year will happen next Saturday. The only difference will be the colors and name of the losing team.

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Graham dominated Pittsburg all but 1 quarter and even those were self inflicted wounds but yet it was "real close". No it was just a matter of time before Graham got out of their 3rd quarter funk and stepped up. Yes it was a bad snap, but like the old saying goes "pipes burst under pressure". Graham would have had the ball around the 50 with a little over 2 mins left and 2 time outs, it just didnt come down to that snap.

Carthage is going against probably the best defense in 3A football. They will not roll. Good try though. wow, i have heard this before:doh: some of the best defenses are i east texas. they have to play against these juggernaut offenses so they get better. the score last night was not indicative of the game. we dismanteled a fine football team. Carthage's defense is better than ours.................you not playing pittsburg next week..............its gonna get ugly!!!

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Carthage will beat Graham. East Texas football is better than West Texas football. East Texas teams usually have too much speed and are too athletic. That was the case (no pun intended) last night in the Gilmer-Wylie game-Gilmer was way too athletic for Wylie. It will be the same thing again next week as well. Carthage is too athletic and very big as well, and will too much Graham.

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Carthage hasn't seen athletes like Giddings is gonna put on the field! (Carthage then crushes Giddings)

Carthage can't survive against Celina's ball control offense and smothering defense! (Carthage crushes Celina)

The closest game Carthage had in 3A last year was a 31-28 victory in the Reg III Final against Gilmer, an East Texas team.

Congratulations to the Steers on a great season! Blame the refs for the Pittsburg game being so close, or whatever helps you sleep at night. But the Bulldogs are about to lay some East Texas wood to the Steers this week!

1st and goal
12-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Maybe in 3A this year, but if you look at 4A and 5A, it would seem your thinking is a bit foggy.

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Maybe in 3A this year, but if you look at 4A and 5A, it would seem your thinking is a bit foggy.

Well East Texas only has three 5A teams (Tyler Lee, Tyler John Tyler, and Lufkin), so no we are not always competitive at the 5A level.

In 4A, the Longview Lobos will be playing for the Div I Championship next week.

Where's the fog?

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

Longview is in the 4A title game. East Texas only has 3 - 5A teams and both Tyler teams went deep in playoffs.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Well East Texas only has three 5A teams (Tyler Lee, Tyler John Tyler, and Lufkin), so no we are not always competitive at the 5A level.

In 4A, the Longview Lobos will be playing for the Div I Championship next week.

Where's the fog?

Beat me to it.

P.S. This is a 3A board so all East Texas smack is based on 3A!

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Longview is in the 4A title game. East Texas only has 3 - 5A teams and both Tyler teams went deep in playoffs.

Hilarious! We were jumping on that one at the same time with the same response!:D

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Hilarious! We were jumping on that one at the same time with the same response!:D

you must be related...

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
you must be related...

Yeah I know. East Texas, inbred, don't wear shoes, yada, yada, yada. HILARIOUS!!!:clap:

DU_stud04
12-13-2009, 10:50 AM
graham just doesnt impress me with any of the games ive seen them play this year. carthage on the other hand completely caught me off guard, especially with what they lost and the lack of talk about them. i dont see graham staying withing 2 scores of carthage. would have loved to see the gilmer carthage rematch now.

Matthew328
12-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Graham not the best defense in 3A, Prosper's D was far superior in my view. Graham is very solid up front but their secondary is suspect. Carthage will present masive matchup problems for Graham because Carthage will not get pushed around up front like Pitt did. Pitt had big lineman but they were sloppy and didn't move well, Carthage has big lineman who can move. Graham's best shot is to take some risks and try to force turnovers.

Lest we not forget Pitt moved the ball up and down the field (esp in the 1st half) against Graham and that was with a QB and RB both running on bum ankles. Give Graham credit they forced turnovers but if I was a Graham fan I'd be concerned about how easily Pitt moved the ball.

I think Graham would have scored also getting the ball around midfield, but the snap sure didn't hurt. But Pitt moved the ball right back down inside the 30 and IMO caught a big break on the final play, that was def a defensive holding IMO but the ref was blocked from seeing it due to his angle but make no mistake he was held there.

My guess is anyone who has seen both teams play (self-included) would put Carthage as a double digit favorite.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 11:03 AM
I understand that Carthage is the favorite here and rightfully so. Sure is funny though how everyone was saying that the East Texas Power Pitt would crush Graham last week. And look, were still here. We will gladly take the underdog roll!

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Graham not the best defense in 3A. Graham is very solid up front but their secondary is suspect. Carthage will present masive matchup problems for Graham because Carthage will not get pushed around up front like Pitt did.

Been saying their secondary is suspect for 2 weeks! Pitt even proved me right this weekend! All it's gonna do is make em mad LOL they won't listen. I mentioned the line play last night and I don't think all of them have seen it yet because when they do they're gonna be on me like.. well, you know.

Graham can wing it around the park though with McCoy so there's going to be some instances where Graham moves the ball. But those boys gonna be scared of the wood going across the middle. I know when LH played them in 07 they BROUGHT IT like no other team that year. Boys can hit:eek:

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
I understand that Carthage is the favorite here and rightfully so. Sure is funny though how everyone was saying that the East Texas Power Pitt would crush Graham last week. And look, were still here. We will gladly take the underdog roll!

It happens every year at this time that everyone on the board starts the "regional homerism". West Texas "power football" will stomp East Texas "finesse football". Central Texas fundamentals will destroy SE Texas speed. The list goes on and on.
If you can step away from the "homer" side of things and base an opinion in reality, you'll be better able to predict the outcome of games this late in the year.
Carthage, IMO, is the co-second best team in the state this year with Cuero. Carthage has a massive offensive line and tremendous athleticism at all the skill positions on offense and defense. Pittsburg, though a very talented team, is not in the same class as Carthage this year.
Again, IMO, Carthage will beat Graham fairly soundly this week. I base my opinion on schedule and performance as I have not personally seen either team play this season.
So for all intents and purposes, my opinion is just that; an opinion. You don't agree with it? You are well within your rights to do so. :)

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:30 PM

That you are. But East Texas power Pittsburg and Defending State Champion Carthage are completely different! Carthage lost to us in 2007 and we went on to win state. Who knows what they would have done that year? Carthage has been great for the past 3 years now, these boys know how to win and have faced better teams than your Steers during this run.

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Gilmer is about 48 miles from Carthage. Should the Bulldogs finish the deal this week, two state champs within 50 miles of each other would be a pretty big statement about the quality of football around here!

Deuce
12-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
That you are. But East Texas power Pittsburg and Defending State Champion Carthage are completely different! Carthage lost to us in 2007 and we went on to win state. Who knows what they would have done that year? Carthage has been great for the past 3 years now, these boys know how to win and have faced better teams than your Steers during this run.

What happened to Carthage 2 years ago really does not mean squat to me, especially to a team that was not even in the playoffs this year. What does matter is that they are the defending state champioins. We know this will be a battle. We know that they have more athletes than us etc. Love how Pitt had more athletes than us, but we somehow come up with a win. Love how Wimberley was going to beat us by 14, but we snuck out a win. Love how Monahans was going to destroy us, but we slid by them also. Really love how you like to play both sides of the fence and say your rooting for Graham in one post, but in the next you say we have no chance. Why even root for someone that has no chance. Once again, Carthage is defending champs and I give them all the credit in the world. We will have to play lights out to win!

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:04 PM
What happened to Carthage 2 years ago really does not mean squat to me, especially to a team that was not even in the playoffs this year. What does matter is that they are the defending state champioins. We know this will be a battle. We know that they have more athletes than us etc. Love how Pitt had more athletes than us, but we somehow come up with a win. Love how Wimberley was going to beat us by 14, but we snuck out a win. Love how Monahans was going to destroy us, but we slid by them also. Really love how you like to play both sides of the fence and say your rooting for Graham in one post, but in the next you say we have no chance. Why even root for someone that has no chance. Once again, Carthage is defending champs and I give them all the credit in the world. We will have to play lights out to win!

Rooting for someone and thinking they will win is vastly different. And I was just giving you a little tid bit of information one year further back about them to show you it really started in 07 not 08. They just ran into the best 3A team this decade in the 2007 LH team.

But don't listen, it's okay. La Grange though they were okay too. And they got waxed. You have never seen Carthage on a football field, ever. And I have. That's why I was just trying to give you a little background info.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Rooting for someone and thinking they will win is vastly different. And I was just giving you a little tid bit of information one year further back about them to show you it really started in 07 not 08. They just ran into the best 3A team this decade in the 2007 LH team.

But don't listen, it's okay. La Grange though they were okay too. And they got waxed. You have never seen Carthage on a football field, ever. And I have. That's why I was just trying to give you a little background info.

I think that it is CRYSTAL CLEAR in my post that I give Carthage all the credit that they are due. And NO, I don't have to listen to someone that was not even on the team. And yes I did see Carthage play last year, and yes I do know how good they are.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I think that it is CRYSTAL CLEAR in my post that I give Carthage all the credit that they are due. And NO, I don't have to listen to someone that was not even on the team. And yes I did see Carthage play last year, and yes I do know how good they are.

So you're on the Graham team?

Deuce
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
So you're on the Graham team?

I think not at age 34. But I was when I was in school.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I think not at age 34. But I was when I was in school.

Ok well then we shouldn't listen to you either. If you aren't on the team?

navscanmaster
12-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Ok well then we shouldn't listen to you either. If you aren't on the team?

LOL at people. God is great, beer is good...and people are crazy.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Carthage, IMO, is the co-second best team in the state this year with Cuero.

SCOREBOARD Buckeye's

GTownballer
12-13-2009, 05:04 PM
SCOREBOARD Buckeye's

Carthage vs Kilgore 28-14 Gilmer vs. Kilgore 70-27:doh:

Got another one if you wanna here it?

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I got a better one:

Carthage 31 - Gilmer 28

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
graham just doesnt impress me with any of the games ive seen them play this year. carthage on the other hand completely caught me off guard, especially with what they lost and the lack of talk about them. i dont see graham staying withing 2 scores of carthage. would have loved to see the gilmer carthage rematch now.

Graham could win every game they play this year by one point and it will still be in the books as a win!!! We have lost 1 game this season by 1 point, and we don't give a hoot and flip if anyone out of the city limits is impressed or not, it's not about ya'll!! It's about who is still playing!! Carthage has to have a good team or they would not be where they are right now, fact!!
We will come to play hard core football, fact!! Pitt was faster than Graham, we won, fact!! Pitt was a lot Bigger than Graham, we won, fact!! Pitt had a more Superior Coaching staff than Graham,we won, fact!!! We came, we had a look, we adapted and overcame, we won, fact!!! We have earned a shot at the title and we are going to take it, NO BRAG JUST FACT!!!!

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!! BRING THE RING !!!!

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
We have earned a shot at the title and we are going to take it, NO BRAG JUST FACT!!!!

You earned a shot. The Dawgs have something to say about you taking anything! Do you hear it coming?

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 06:06 PM
You earned a shot. The Dawgs have something to say about you taking anything! Do you hear it coming? Another storm brewing!!

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
I keep seeing Graham posters saying this will be like the Pittsburg or Wimberly games, but this is different. I picked Graham in both those games, but Carthage is a different monster. They are 3 or 4 scores than Pittsburg and Wimberly, and they will beat Graham. They are way faster, much bigger, and better coached than both. Carthage by 17, 38-21

Buckeye1980
12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I got a better one:

Carthage 31 - Gilmer 28

Thought we said THIS year!

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Thought we said THIS year!

Since we all no Traylor runs up the score and Surratt does not we have to go back to the last meeting. ie. Scoreboard

Old Cardinal
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
There are at least 6 teams from Region III at home today that could take out Graham IMO.
Facing really tough competition all the way gives the returning Carthage team the advantage.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 08:47 PM
I keep seeing Graham posters saying this will be like the Pittsburg or Wimberly games, but this is different. I picked Graham in both those games, but Carthage is a different monster. They are 3 or 4 scores than Pittsburg and Wimberly, and they will beat Graham. They are way faster, much bigger, and better coached than both. Carthage by 17, 38-21

Thats funny, I have not read that anywhere!

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Thats funny, I have not read that anywhere!
I have read it on this thread. Posters saying "We were not supposed to beat Pittsburg or Wimberly. They were supposed to be too fast and athletic for us, but we won, so keep picking Carthage. We will accept the underdog role again."
But Carthage is beter than both and will roll Graham.

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
told ya. you were the one that said it. thats why you didnt read it anywhere-you said it :o :D

Deuce
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
told ya. you were the one that said it. thats why you didnt read it anywhere-you said it :o :D

Guess you need to learn to read then, because no where in my post did I compare this game to any of the past as far as Carthage being the same caliber of those teams.

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
We will come to play hard core football, fact!! Pitt was faster than Graham, we won, fact!! Pitt was a lot Bigger than Graham, we won, fact!! Pitt had a more Superior Coaching staff than Graham,we won, fact!!! We came, we had a look, we adapted and overcame, we won, fact!!! We have earned a shot at the title and we are going to take it, NO BRAG JUST FACT!!!!
and another for ya deuce...

Deuce
12-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Funny how you go from thread to thread and try to put words in peoples mouth that they didn't say.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM

And once again where in the heck do you read that he is comparing Carthage to any other team?

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Funny how you go from thread to thread and try to put words in peoples mouth that they didn't say.
I dont. You implied it. inmateboss said it. and I am only telling you what was on this thread and telling you that carthage is the better team and saying your reasons wont mean anything when Carthage wins and that you shouldnt compare a team like Cartbage to Pittsburg or Wimberly because Carthage is head and shoulders above them.

j_dog
12-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Haven't seen Graham. But I did see Carthage. It should be illegal to have lines like that in high school! :hairpunk: Even Gilmer did not have lines like that. Not just big. Athletic and quick. And we just saw what Gilmer did to a pretty good Wylie team.

Graham, you got your work cut out for you.

MamaBull
12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Carthage is going against probably the best defense in 3A football. They will not roll. Good try though. if bridgeport put up 48 in one game they are not that good.

bobcat4life
12-13-2009, 09:42 PM
And once again where in the heck do you read that he is comparing Carthage to any other team? everyone is saying that about carthage and he is saying that we said the same things about wimberly and pittsburg...

Steer81
12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Your right they won't just roll, they will roll, crush, dismantle and dominate Graham. Reminds me of last years game when Celina played Carthage. So many posters tried to tell the Celina folks that the Train was coming and they denied, denied, denied. Guess what happened? The Train rolled, crushed, dismantled and dominated Celina and the Bulldogs brought the State Championship back to East Texas. A carbon copy of last year will happen next Saturday. The only difference will be the colors and name of the losing team.

Heard this when Wyle, Bridgeport, Monahans and the rest of the gang came the Steers way. Keep on talking The Steers love to hear how they can't.

waterboy
12-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Look, I'm not gonna say Graham doesn't have a chance........but, they will have to play the BEST game they've played thus far this year, AND they better hope that Carthage is having an off night. This IS the state championship game, and BOTH teams have earned the right to be there. I would advise anyone from Graham to not go into the game with homer blinders on. Believe in your team, YES, but be prepared for disappointed just in case......because, in all probability Carthage will win this one. Just MY opinion, though......;) GOOD LUCK and SAFE TRAVELS to both teams!

garciap77
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
There are at least 6 teams from Region III at home today that could take out Graham IMO.
Facing really tough competition all the way gives the returning Carthage team the advantage.

Too bad they were not good enough to get the opportunity! Just saying!:D

Farmersfan
12-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow! The East Texas football programs might be loaded with talent, size, athletes, coaches, tough districts, better cheerleaders and whatever else you can think to claim but there is one thing that they do have for sure that makes the rest of Texas look puny in...........................................

ARROGANCE

bowleghorses
12-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Last year was not usual.:D

steerz2010
12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
your all going to feel really stupid when Graham beats Carthage. whether it be by a blocked feild goal or 8 touchdowns Graham WILL take home a state title. get used to it. Cathage, get over yourselves. because the only thing i hear is the stampede of steers coming in for the kill!!

waterboy
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by steerz2010
your all going to feel really stupid when Graham beats Carthage. whether it be by a blocked feild goal or 8 touchdowns Graham WILL take home a state title. get used to it. Cathage, get over yourselves. because the only thing i hear is the stampede of steers coming in for the kill!!
Good luck with that!;)

ccmom
12-14-2009, 04:37 PM

Wow....just wow....Rocketitis has spread through this district like a disease. :rolleyes:

Good Luck Steers!:clap:

pirate4state
12-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Wow! The East Texas football programs might be loaded with talent, size, athletes, coaches, tough districts, better cheerleaders and whatever else you can think to claim but there is one thing that they do have for sure that makes the rest of Texas look puny in...........................................

ARROGANCE

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

ARROGANCE

HAHAHAHA For years there were like 4 or 5 of us from NE TX on this board..we always got to hear about all the other regions..We finally get some more folks on here and some of them do a little chest thumping and we get called arrogant LOL

Pawdaddy
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM

Rookie, I bet the rest of your 15-16 year old buddies are going, "YEAH, you tell 'um." That is what boys do, brag and boast about what they gonna do. You aren't a crier, are you? Because you are about to get a big RED dose of reality come Saturday.
Carthage is going to dominate Graham just like Gilmer dominated AW. But, you guys have a lot to be proud of. How many districts, EVER, have had TWO teams play for a State Title in the same year? That also, is an awesome fact!

But playing for and winning is two different things. Carthage will win by as many points as they want.

LawDog
12-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Well Abilene Wylie and Graham are both Dist 2-3A. Hum same district? (that would be two teams in the state title games)So why go so wide as East Texas we can say District!!!!! Can you say thoughest district in the state? Also I don't believe Carthage has won the 09 title yet have they? NO the game still has to be played. But hey please keep telling your guys it will be an easy game to win.;)

steerz2010
12-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Rookie, I bet the rest of your 15-16 year old buddies are going, "YEAH, you tell 'um." That is what boys do, brag and boast about what they gonna do. You aren't a crier, are you? Because you are about to get a big RED dose of reality come Saturday.
Carthage is going to dominate Graham just like Gilmer dominated AW. But, you guys have a lot to be proud of. How many districts, EVER, have had TWO teams play for a State Title in the same year? That also, is an awesome fact!

But playing for and winning is two different things. Carthage will win by as many points as they want. talk about taking the bait..:rolleyes: and im 18 and a senior at graham high school in case you couldnt tell by the "2010" in my username.. moron.. ill bet your 30+ years old and dont have any connections to the team kids playing, friends, family, ect.. yet, your spending all day on a high school football messagge board. thats kinda creepy

N4SIR
12-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Called you a moron and me an idiot. Typical punk kid who doesn't know jack about football. Let's see if he's man enough to show up Sunday morning with his hat in his hand having to admit that Carthage was all and even more than we tried to warn him and all his Graham homies about. Can't wait.

ccmom
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM
talk about taking the bait..:rolleyes: and im 18 and a senior at graham high school in case you couldnt tell by the "2010" in my username.. moron.. ill bet your 30+ years old and dont have any connections to the team kids playing, friends, family, ect.. yet, your spending all day on a high school football messagge board. thats kinda creepy

Oh Junior....bless your heart:rolleyes:

spaniard
12-14-2009, 08:13 PM
talk about taking the bait..:rolleyes: and im 18 and a senior at graham high school in case you couldnt tell by the "2010" in my username.. moron.. ill bet your 30+ years old and dont have any connections to the team kids playing, friends, family, ect.. yet, your spending all day on a high school football messagge board. thats kinda creepy

dude, you're so cool...:rolleyes: