PDA

View Full Version : Div II State Championship: Carthage vs Graham

Pages : [1] 2 3

Z-RO
12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Who wins this Division II match up for all the marbles?

cucuy02
12-12-2009, 09:42 PM
where and when will this be played?

Z-RO
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I've heard SMU on Saturday, but dont hold me to that

LionFan72
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Please football God, NOT SMU, who in their right mind wants to go downtown Dallas?????

Z-RO
12-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I agree, and the parking situation is freaking HORRIBLE.

tigerfan09
12-12-2009, 10:00 PM
What is this recent desire of coaches to play at SMU?

bigdiz
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
definately Carthage i think maybe they have stopped all the naysayers

bigdiz
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
u know Carthage wouldnt beable to stop the great passing offense of LaGrange

Z-RO
12-12-2009, 10:08 PM
La Grange had a great passing attack?

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Tried to tell LG that Carthage was too tough to handle.

I want Graham to win and I will be rooting for them! But, if I had to bet I'd put my money on Carthage. I think they get it done and make it back to back 3A titles.

Let's get this sucker in Waco please!:cheerl:

Z-RO
12-12-2009, 10:20 PM
No way this game is in Waco, it will be some where in the DFW area. Of all the possible places I sure in the heck hope it isnt SMU.

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm calling coach McCoy tonight and putting in a request for Waco:p

LH is 5-0 all time at Baylor. It makes sense to have it there so I can sit on the Graham side. There's no way you guys will lose with that kind of luck on your side:devil:

oldtownag
12-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
There's no way you guys will lose with that kind of luck on your side:devil:

You can sit anywhere you like. ;)

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
You can sit anywhere you like. ;)

What you got for me? I can be won over for sure LOL

steers2
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Who wins this Division II match up for all the marbles?

I think it will be a hard hitting high scoring game but I think Graham wins this to take home the ring

oldtownag
12-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by steers2
I think it will be a hard hitting high scoring game but I think Graham wins this to take home the ring

Carthage by 14. Coach Surratt does not run the score up on anyone. Go Dawgs!

oldtownag
12-12-2009, 11:10 PM
What you got for me? I can be won over for sure LOL

I got nothing. But it will be in DFW for sure.

Steer81
12-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I've heard SMU on Saturday, but dont hold me to that

I got a text a little bit ago that they are going to decide tomorrow when Coach Mccoy gets back in town.

Z-RO
12-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Steer81
I got a text a little bit ago that they are going to decide tomorrow when Coach Mccoy gets back in town.

I figured as much but had nothing confirmed, thanks for the heads up ;)

steerz2010
12-12-2009, 11:41 PM
i just heard saturday 6pm at SMU..

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by steerz2010

Man have some sense coaches:doh:

SMU is a horrible choice. Pain in the ass.

steerz2010
12-12-2009, 11:44 PM

SMU is a horrible choice. Pain in the ass. :iagree:

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by steerz2010

Players normally find out first;) :p

steerz2010
12-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Players normally find out first;) :p
true dat :p

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I was pretty impressed with the crowds both teams had at SMU tonight. Looked like Gilmer traveled better to this one than the LH game in 2007. Both crowds were big but tonights looked LARGE for the Buckeyes.

Did any of you Graham fans watch the game?

If any of you guys watched the game...From what I hear Carthages defense is a little more stout than Gilmers. BUT, Grahams offense is more big play prone I think than Wylies. I think it's gonna be a good one. But it'll be interesting to see how that crafty defensive line of y'alls matches up against that monstrous offensive line for Carthage. Who is the home team?

Steer81
12-12-2009, 11:52 PM
The Graham Leader & Kool 94.7 both report the game is at SMU at 6 pm on Saturday.

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Well that solidifies that I won't be making this one boys..

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Rustler
12-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Saturday SMU 6PM It is! Graham is Home Team

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Carthage rolls and brings another State Championship to East Texas. Go Bulldogs.
BTW Carthage fans, you will love SMU. Parking wasn't near as bad as everyone says.

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Where is the best place to park around the stadium? I remember a few years back when I went to watch Miami Northwest and South lake we had to park east about 3/4ths of a mile away from the stadium in these huge parking lots. Tell me this will not be the case once again! All suggestions will be appreciated.

ccmom
12-13-2009, 01:07 AM
We parked in a parking garage on the campus and the walk wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected after reading comments on this board. It was maybe a 5 minute walk. Go STEERS!

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 01:10 AM
We parked in a lot directly across from the Visitors side. Walked across the street and were in the gate. We did arrive 2 hours before game time though -- that might have had something to do with it. Be sure not to park in the little shopping center next to the stadium or you run the risk of having your car towed.
Go Carthage. Bring another State Championship back to East Texas

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Is the parking garage behind the museum an option?

Also who is the home team?

Matthew328
12-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Carthage by 13

grmfan93
12-13-2009, 02:20 AM
If graham plays like they did against wimberly then we will win for sure. This is a game where you cant make mistakes..for both teams. with that said i think that graham comes away with their first state title in football. Its going to be a tough game for both teams. I say graham in an close one.

Graham-33
Carthage-30

#1 TEXAN
12-13-2009, 02:20 AM
I wouldnt underestimate the steers thats all I am saying.

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 03:16 AM
Graham all the way. I predict they will find there balance and play like they did against us...and when they do, they cannot be beat. I wont put money on teams that I havent personally seen, and I havent seen either team. But I will put cyber-bucks on it...$10,000 says Graham wins.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Carthage by 12.

I hope not SMU! Parking sucks, traffic sucks, just not my cup a tea...why wasn't the video board working tonight??? No crew???

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Carthage will win this game hands down, way to much talent on both sides of the ball and great coaching. Their offense will not be stopped, QB has all day to throw the ball or run. Carthage by 2 or 3 Td's.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Carthage will win this game hands down, way to much talent on both sides of the ball and great coaching. Their offense will not be stopped, QB has all day to throw the ball or run. Carthage by 2 or 3 Td's.

hookandladder has seen the light! Go dawgs.

Rustler
12-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Is there a third party that has seen Graham Play a playoff game AND Carthage play a playoff game that can and will give honest assement of how these team stack up? Not a somebody just talking smack.

DU_stud04
12-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Carthage by 13+ +1

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 11:14 AM
hookandladder has seen the light! Go dawgs.

I think the "light" he saw was in a 12 oz can!!:D

Bullaholic
12-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Carthage by 13

Graham by 10. The Steer air attack clicks for some big ones and Graham gets their first State Title.

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I think the "light" he saw was in a 12 oz can!!:D

And yours might well come in a Whoop Ass Can, Deliver by Carthage.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 11:36 AM

Huuummmm, Carthage by 2 or 3 Td's after 4 qt's of play???? How many points you figure Graham will have??? I'm pretty sure I can smell somebody baking up a big ol batch of crow pie!!!

GO GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!! BRING THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENCHES06
12-13-2009, 11:45 AM
If you can block the defensive line and run the ball consistently and effectively, I think Carthage can be beat. Easier said than done.
They will probably drop a bunch into coverage.

Somebody said to me before the game that Carthage reminds them of Sealy and Giddings.......no......no.....not even close.

Carthage has the 3 things that every team wants:

1-VERY well coached
2- Lots of speed
3- Lots of size

My prediction is Carthage will win it's second in a row.

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Huuummmm, Carthage by 2 or 3 Td's after 4 qt's of play???? How many points you figure Graham will have??? I'm pretty sure I can smell somebody baking up a big ol batch of crow pie!!!

GO GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!BRING THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not say 2 or 3 Td's after 4 qts, it maybe after 3 qts. My pick and sticking to it, Carthage is that good.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I did not say 2 or 3 Td's after 4 qts, it maybe after 3 qts. My pick and sticking to it, Carthage is that good.

Told you:D

TXFTBALLFNATIC
12-13-2009, 12:22 PM
One thing is for sure in this game. At the end of the night no matter who wins Carthage will know that they stepped into the stadium with a high caliber team.

Graham will do like all the rest of the playoff games this year. They will exploit the weakest part of Carthage's defense and score a couple of TD's. The biggest question now a days is what will they do after that. It seems that in the Bport and Pitt game they THOUGHT they needed to start doing something different. Wimberly was a diff story...they stuck to the game plan kept exploiting the same mismatches and stuck it to them.

Me message to coach is stick with what gets you there and run the plays that work until they stop them more than once.

If Carthage can stop a play one time for negative yards they will never have to worry about that play again for the rest of the night.

I am very proud of the young men on grahams team and hope they realize how much of an honor it is just to get to play in a state championship. Cherish it and go out and leave it all on the field because you will never get a drop of it back.

GO BLING BLING 15

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 12:22 PM

And you still didn't say how many points the GRAHAM STEERS would have!! Are you calling a Shut out????????? :eek: :eek: :thinking:

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Graham cant beat Pitsburg they are too big, too fast, from East Texas, never seen athletes like these before...blah blah blah. Sounds like the same song different verse. I like how "Pittsburg moved the ball on them all night" but yet only had 3 points at the half. If you look at the final stats Pittsburg had more yards, but how many of those came on the last drive? If Graham makes that chip shot field goal, and 2 missed extra points this is a double digit win.

Mexia and Caldwell seemed to have held their own against Carthage and I think Graham is a far superior team then both of them. Just my http://www.the-mainboard.com/forum/Smileys/default/twocents.gif

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 12:31 PM
And you still didn't say how many points the GRAHAM STEERS would have!! Are you calling a Shut out????????? :eek: :eek: :thinking:

Does not matter how many points Graham score, Carthage win by 2 or 3 Td's. Carthage 35 Graham14.

Emerson1
12-13-2009, 12:34 PM

SMU is a horrible choice. Pain in the ass.
It's not about you and what fits your needs. The coach does what is best for his players. Be a real fan and get there 2 hours early and it wouldn't be a problem.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Graham cant beat Pitsburg they are too big, too fast, from East Texas, never seen athletes like these before...blah blah blah. Sounds like the same song different verse. I like how "Pittsburg moved the ball on them all night" but yet only had 3 points at the half. If you look at the final stats Pittsburg had more yards, but how many of those came on the last drive? If Graham makes that chip shot field goal, and 2 missed extra points this is a double digit win.

Mexia seemed to have held their own against Carthage and I think Graham is a far superior team then Mexia. Just my http://www.the-mainboard.com/forum/Smileys/default/twocents.gif

Pitt did the move the ball. They just fumbled after moving the ball. And the last drive they only got about 50 yards. Started at the 30 or so and went to the 20-25. So even with that 50 yards they still out-gained Graham. I listened to the game and when Pitt threw the ball it was successful 95% of the time. It's when they ran the ball that they got in trouble. Their line couldn't hang with y'alls d line. BUT, Carthage's offensive line can hang. And will most likely get a good push when Carthage decides to run.. then Graham will have to blitz to stop that run and then your corners will get burned like no body's business over the top. Just saying.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's not about you and what fits your needs. The coach does what is best for his players. Be a real fan and get there 2 hours early and it wouldn't be a problem.

:thinking: Thanks....

Tell me, what's being a real fan like? I'm dying to know.

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Pitt did the move the ball. They just fumbled after moving the ball. And the last drive they only got about 50 yards. Started at the 30 or so and went to the 20-25. So even with that 50 yards they still out-gained Graham. I listened to the game and when Pitt threw the ball it was successful 95% of the time. It's when they ran the ball that they got in trouble. Their line couldn't hang with y'alls d line. BUT, Carthage's offensive line can hang. And will most likely get a good push when Carthage decides to run.. then Graham will have to blitz to stop that run and then your corners will get burned like no body's business over the top. Just saying.

Good evaluation seeing as how you have seen Graham play once and Carthage none :rolleyes: :doh: 95% huh lol Last time I looked they went 28-48...my math must be wrong because that isnt 95%

wyliegrad04
12-13-2009, 12:44 PM
park in the HPUMC / museum parking garage ... $5 ... and it is a 1 minute walk to the stadium ...

lbjacj
12-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Carthage by 13

I'll have to agree with you on this one Matt,but I'll be rootin for Graham.

East Texas teams are on another level than West Texas teams,as Gilmer showed last night.Pittsburg is close to being on that level.

I also think Dangerfield will win but not Longview. Lake Travis is just a monster on a roll and don't see the Lobos stoppin them.

GL Steers! and Go Lobos! and Tigers!

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Good evaluation seeing as how you have seen Graham play once and Carthage none :rolleyes: :doh: 95% huh lol Last time I looked they went 10-25...my math must be wrong because that isnt 95%

Figured you'd go dig up that stat. Most of their incomplete passes were not because of anything Graham did. 3 times in that game they went roughly 65+ yards in a hurry. I would be worried.

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Figured you'd go dig up that stat. Most of their incomplete passes were not because of anything Graham did. 3 times in that game they went roughly 65+ yards in a hurry. I would be worried.

Your right, they just flat out dropped 20 passes :rolleyes: Graham had nothing to do with that

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Your right, they just flat out dropped 20 passes :rolleyes: Graham had nothing to do with that

Well they were 10-25. So last time I did my math... that's only 15 dropped passes.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
One thing about the GRAHAM STEERS we didn't get to this game by losing, and don't intend to start now!!!! We may not be the Biggest, or Fastest, but our coaching staff and players will throw a knot in your chain, and will totally screw up your game plan. This game should and will be an all out war!! GRAHAM STEERS are coming to win, plan and simple!!

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!! Bring the RING

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 12:53 PM

Say, the game was in Austin. Both coaches decided "that's what is best for their players". You wouldn't complain seeing is that's 3 plus hours away from you and in downtown Austin?

Dallas is 3+ hours for me and SMU is down in the middle of the entire mess.

So forgive me for complaining. Next time I'll make sure to be happy that it's an inconvenience for me to make the game and keep the coaches/players in my thoughts first. Because that's what you always do, Right?

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 12:53 PM
One thing about the GRAHAM STEERS we didn't get to this game by losing, and don't intend to start now!!!! We may not be the Biggest, or Fastest, but our coaching staff and players will throw a knot in your chain, and will totally screw up your game plan. This game should and will be an all out war!! GRAHAM STEERS are coming to win, plan and simple!!

You tell 'em, InmateBoss!

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 01:06 PM

Your coaches can do their best pre-game coaching in pratice all week however when it comes to High School football the team with superior talent and coaching will win 9 out of 10 times. Carthage by 2 or 3 Td's.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TRENCHES06
[B]

Carthage has the 3 things that every team wants:
1-VERY well coached
2- Lots of speed
3- Lots of size

:thinking: Sounds like PITT. We already fought that fight!!! 27-20 :D

Deuce
12-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Your coaches can do their best pre-game coaching in pratice all week however when it comes to High School football the team with superior talent and coaching will win 9 out of 10 times. Carthage by 2 or 3 Td's.

Yeah, Pitt had superior talent and coaching than Graham also. HMMM, what was the score again?

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Well they were 10-25. So last time I did my math... that's only 15 dropped passes.

Pittsburgh 3 0 14 3—20

Graham 7 12 0 8—27

G-Cameron Bailey 14 run (Karl Baker kick)

P-Saul Martinez 32 field goal

G-Bailey 4 run (kick failed)

G-Spencer Sims 42 pass from Case McCoy (kick failed)

P-Mitch Manley 3 run (Martinez kick)

P-Ted Burns 7 run (Martinez kick)

P-Martinez 23 field goal

G-Bailey 2 run (McCoy run)

Pitt Gra

First downs 20 17

Rushes-yards 36-75 22-108

Passing 281 207

Comp-Att-Int 28-48-0 10-25-1

Punts 3-25 0-0

Fumbles-Lost 4-3 2-2

Penalties-Yards 6-42 3-33

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — (P) Ted Burns 27-65; Manley 8-(-5); Naddell Richardson 1-11; (G) McCoy 6-30 Bailey 14-67 Eric Ortiz 1-4 Spencer Sims 1-7

RECEIVING — (P) Andy Dube 7-75; Richardson 5-51; Demarcus Armstrong 6-55; Burns 3-30; Chris Brown 5-60; Bear Bradley 1-11; Manley 1-(minus)3; (G) Corey Groves 3-39; Dillon Fulford 1-43; Garrett Spears 4-58; Sims 2-69.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/dec/12/graham-standing/?partner=RSS

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Passing 281 207

Comp-Att-Int 28-48-0 10-25-1

They threw for more yards...
Be scared. Carthage is gonna roll you up and smoke you.

WAIT, so you mess up and say they were 10-25 then copy/paste something and put it in bold to prove me wrong? :thinking: YOU said that they were 10-25.

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 01:16 PM
They threw for more yards...

Took them almost a third of the completions to throw more than you too. Be scared. Carthage is gonna roll you up and smoke you.

How many of those came on the last drive when Graham was in the prevent? Spin it anyway you want, like I said same song, different verse.

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM

WAIT, so you mess up and say they were 10-25 then copy/paste something and put it in bold to prove me wrong? :thinking: YOU said that they were 10-25.

I copied the wrong thing but if you look at the original post it was corrected. Just goes to show that you dont like going by the facts but by hearsay :p

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM
HSpin it anyway you want, like I said same song, different verse.

Carthage is going to wax you guys.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I copied the wrong thing but if you look at the original post it was corrected. Just goes to show that you dont like going by the facts but by hearsay :p

Guess I trusted your facts a little too much:doh:

Should have known you can't read.:p

Deuce
12-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Carthage is going to wax you guys.

Here he goes again riding the fence again. Really is comical how you can say you want Graham to win, but you get on here and talk so much s%$# about them.

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Yeah, Pitt had superior talent and coaching than Graham also. HMMM, what was the score again?

Hey, I understand standing by your team,we were in your shoes last week. All I am saying if you have not seen Carthage play this year, you will be amazed at their level of play and talent. If you can beat them, then I would say you have a team that could compete very well in 4A. Their size,speed and coaching is top notch,QB runs their offense to perfection and yes has many weapons. You better keep a spy on their TE, he is special.

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 01:24 PM
My facts were a error from copying and pasting something that was less then an inch from each other. If you wouldnt have been so quick to try to trash talk you would have seen that I had already corrected it within a min of the original post. :thinking:

Deuce
12-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey, I understand standing by your team,we were in your shoes last week. All I am saying if you have not seen Carthage play this year, you will be amazed at their level of play and talent. If you can beat them, then I would say you have a team that could compete very well in 4A. Their size,speed and coaching is top notch,QB runs their offense to perfection and yes has many weapons. You better keep a spy on their TE, he is special.

I said earlier that we are the underdogs without a doubt. And I will give all the respect in the world to Carthage because they are the defending champs. We will have to play 4 qtrs of amazing football to take them down.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
[B]They threw for more yards...

It don't make a crap if they threw for a 1000 yds!!! Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda... 27-20 :D Done Deal!!!
NEXT !!!!! :D :D

GO GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING THE RING!!!

Deuce
12-13-2009, 01:32 PM

It don't make a crap if they threw for a 1000 yds!!! Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda... 27-20 :D Done Deal!!!
NEXT !!!!! :D :D

GO GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING THE RING!!!

Really don't know how you keep from choking this kid at XMAS!

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 01:38 PM

The only thing that Carthage is going to roll up and Smoke, is what the Steers leave on the field in a nice little pile. :eek: :eek:

D, you know better than that, have I been wrong yet this year???
I am very :( in you, are you :confused: or is it just the :devil: coming out in you :thinking: you can't make me :mad: because I know you :inlove: the STEERS !!

GO GRAHAM STEERS!!!!!!! BRING THE RING!!!

Bullaholic
12-13-2009, 01:40 PM
You have no idea how much Daddy D thinking Carthage will roll over Graham boosts my confidence that the Steers will win. :D

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Here he goes again riding the fence again. Really is comical how you can say you want Graham to win, but you get on here and talk so much s%$# about them.

I just try to talk some sense into you guys:p

You're all so oblivious.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You have no idea how much Daddy D thinking Carthage will roll over Graham boosts my confidence that the Steers will win. :D

LOL

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Thought LH would roll B-port last year. They did.

Thought Graham would beat Monahans, Bridgeport, Wimberley and Pitt. They did.

Thought Carthage would beat La Grange. They did.

Now, I think Carthage will roll Graham. They will.

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
Is there a third party that has seen Graham Play a playoff game AND Carthage play a playoff game that can and will give honest assement of how these team stack up? Not a somebody just talking smack. I saw Carthage play Jasper (not a playoff game but a late season District game) and Graham play Pittsburg. Carthage will win this game easily -- by at least 14 and I won't be suprised if it's more.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Mexia and Caldwell seemed to have held their own against Carthage and I think Graham is a far superior team then both of them. Just my http://www.the-mainboard.com/forum/Smileys/default/twocents.gif

Caldwell was down 42-0 at half time! Coach Surratt does not have an ego so we don't pitch alot of shut outs.

Mexia was the best team Carthage has faced this year. They had a very good offense! That being said Carthage spotted them 2 TD's and won by 9 pts. The Mexia defense picked a pass on Carthages 1st drive and never stopped the offense again.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Really don't know how you keep from choking this kid at XMAS!

He really is a nice guy, but his LOYALTY :mad: wanes from time to time. I'll get Jerrod to beat his butt in tether ball at christmas, "again"!! :eek: :D :D

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Caldwell was down 42-0 at half time! Coach Surratt does not have an ego so we don't pitch alot of shut outs.

Mexia was the best team Carthage has faced this year. They had a very good offense! That being said Carthage spotted them 2 TD's and won by 9 pts. The Mexia defense picked a pass on Carthages 1st drive and never stopped the offense again.

Ill give you the Caldwell game, but the Mexia game still sticks. Do you think that Graham will be any easier the Mexia?

Deuce
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Thought LH would roll B-port last year. They did.

Thought Graham would beat Monahans, Bridgeport, Wimberley and Pitt. They did.

Thought Carthage would beat La Grange. They did.

Now, I think Carthage will roll Graham. They will.

Funny how you say you made all these predictions! But I thought you were lying about one, and sure enough I went back and this is what I found. This was Daddy D 11 post in Graham/Wimberly thread.

If anyone will dig back in last weeks Wimberley-Brownwood thread I said that the Wimberley defense would show up to play like they always do and they'd force and/or receive a few breaks.

Well.... this is going to happen again this week folks!

Wimberley rolls Graham 27-13

McCoy is going to be confused by Wimberley's defense and there is no stopping Dennis Smith....

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:00 PM
He really is a nice guy, but his LOYALTY :mad: wanes from time to time. I'll get Jerrod to beat his butt in tether ball at christmas, "again"!! :eek: :D :D

Yeah and see my post above, he is full of s%$# sometimes as well.

Grahamcheerdad
12-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I watched Carthage last night and if Graham plays well they will win by 14+ points

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Anything you want to say DADDY D?

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Ill give you the Caldwell game, but the Mexia game still sticks. Do you think that Graham will be any easier the Mexia?

Since I picked Carthage by 14 points in this one I guess I am but not alot.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Grahamcheerdad
I watched Carthage last night and if Graham plays well they will win by 14+ points

What part of that beatdown did you not see?

Buckeye80
12-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Carthage by 14. Coach Surratt does not run the score up on anyone. Go Dawgs!

Hate to disagree on this one, but I was at the Carthage vs Tatum bi-district game last year in Carthage when Coach Surratt called a timeout to get the ball back before the half when he was already up by 42!! They scored and made it 63-14 at the half.

That said, Go Dawgs!!!!:D

steerz2010
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Does not matter how many points Graham score, Carthage win by 2 or 3 Td's. Carthage 35 Graham14. the BS is getting pretty deep in here:D

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Funny how you say you made all these predictions! But I thought you were lying about one, and sure enough I went back and this is what I found. This was Daddy D 11 post in Graham/Wimberly thread.

If anyone will dig back in last weeks Wimberley-Brownwood thread I said that the Wimberley defense would show up to play like they always do and they'd force and/or receive a few breaks.

Well.... this is going to happen again this week folks!

McCoy is going to be confused by Wimberley's defense and there is no stopping Dennis Smith....

I said that I was kidding all week. Even said in a couple PMs to Inmate that I knew you guys would win. I just had to root for an old time district friend. And Wimberley needed some posters to go up against all you goons.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I said that I was kidding all week. Even said in a couple PMs to Inmate that I knew you guys would win. I just had to root for an old time district friend. And Wimberley needed some posters to go up against all you goons.

Say what you will. You look like the GOON when you get on forums like this and post LIES.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Say what you will. You look like the GOON when you get on forums like this and post LIES.

LIES? What lies?

Here's some truth... CARTHAGE WILL BEAT GRAHAM.

I'm out.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I would leave to when u set here and post these so called predictions you have made, and get called out for one that you never made.

TXFTBALLFNATIC
12-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Danky D you back pedaling now.....Nothing better than Deuce keeping you honest. He is one bad cat even though he cant shoot pheasant worth a dang.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TXFTBALLFNATIC
Danky D you back pedaling now.....Nothing better than Deuce keeping you honest. He is one bad cat even though he cant shoot pheasant worth a dang.

I will not tolerate LIES from you either my friend!!!

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I would leave to when u set here and post these so called predictions you have made, and get called out for one that you never made.

I said numerous times that Graham was the better team.

Why are you so obsessed with me that you are digging up posts that are 2 weeks old?
Specially ones that don't even prove me wrong.

You're just mad because I think Graham is a good team but not absolutely amazing like all you homers think.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by TXFTBALLFNATIC

Back peddling? HMMM, false. Your buddy can't hold his own in an argument to save his life. He has to go back and find posts that I was kidding in to try and attempt to prove me wrong.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I love that you guys are more obsessed with me than anything else. I mean you guys are even bugging inmateboss at basketball games just so you can talk to him about me?

By now I figured your lips would be sore from all the hooks you've bit.

You all have such an infatuation with me it's hilarious!

I would be focusing on Carthage and starting to wrap my mind around the fact that Daddy D is right and Carthage will ROLL you guys. But hey, you got close to getting a ring? I think they have backup rings?

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I said numerous times that Graham was the better team.

Why are you so obsessed with me that you are digging up posts that are 2 weeks old?
Specially ones that don't even prove me wrong.

You're just mad because I think Graham is a good team but not absolutely amazing like all you homers think.

Why are you so obsessed with having to lie to try and prove that you are such a smart guy. You are the one that posted Graham would get rolled by Wimbo, and now you want to go back and say you didn't when its there in black and white.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Back peddling? HMMM, false. Your buddy can't hold his own in an argument to save his life. He has to go back and find posts that I was kidding in to try and attempt to prove me wrong.

I think I am holding my own pretty well at calling you out for the BS you talk on here. When your wrong your wrong. Just admit it and go on.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Why are you so obsessed with having to lie to try and prove that you are such a smart guy. You are the one that posted Graham would get rolled by Wimbo, and now you want to go back and say you didn't when its there in black and white.

If you read the entire thread you would see I was kidding. Everyone knew I was rooting for Wimberley AND just trying to get a rise outta you guys. Ask inmate, he will tell you that I PM'd him laughing my ass at the fact that y'all actually believed me. I knew you guys would win but I was rooting for Wimberley. Just like I will be rooting for the Steers to win even though I know I've got a better chance of winning the lottery than you do of beating the Bulldogs.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:44 PM
If you read the entire thread you would see I was kidding. Everyone knew I was rooting for Wimberley AND just trying to get a rise outta you guys. Ask inmate, he will tell you that I PM'd him laughing my ass at the fact that y'all actually believed me. I knew you guys would win but I was rooting for Wimberley. Just like I will be rooting for the Steers to win even though I know I've got a better chance of winning the lottery than you do of beating the Bulldogs.

Hey, what ever makes you feel better pal! And by the way dont call me and idiot just because your the one that made the false prediction.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:45 PM
I think I am holding my own pretty well at calling you out for the BS you talk on here. When your wrong your wrong. Just admit it and go on.

Wait, so when Carthage smokes you guys will you get on here and say you are wrong? And that I was right?

I would admit to being wrong if I was wrong. But I wasn't wrong. You just are so new to the board and weren't here during the Monahans week. If you were, you would know that I was doing the same thing to you guys during the Wimberley week that I did to the Lobo fans during the Graham week. It's fun to get you guys so worked up. I love it.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Wait, so when Carthage smokes you guys will you get on here and say you are wrong? And that I was right?

I would admit to being wrong if I was wrong. But I wasn't wrong. You just are so new to the board and weren't here during the Monahans week. If you were, you would know that I was doing the same thing to you guys during the Wimberley week that I did to the Lobo fans during the Graham week. It's fun to get you guys so worked up. I love it.

If anyone here is worked up its you. And I was here during Monahans that week.

grahampaw
12-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I love that you guys are more obsessed with me than anything else. I mean you guys are even bugging inmateboss at basketball games just so you can talk to him about me?

I would be focusing on Carthage and starting to wrap my mind around the fact that Daddy D is right and Carthage will ROLL you guys. But hey, you got close to getting a ring? I think they have backup rings? Hey Daddy Duh,maybe its that your infatuated with Graham,seeing how you come on here and talk out both sides of your mouth.Of course we think Graham is the greatest thing ever,they are our kids.Didnt you think LH was the greatest thing ever when you took them water during timeouts?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
If anyone here is worked up its you. And I was here during Monahans that week.

Well then you should have seen the pattern and that I was obviously switching to Wimberleys side just to have fun. Otherwise, Wimberley would have only had Wimbo-Pro and your week wouldn't have been entertaining. Without me, Graham threads during the playoffs would have been half as small and you guys wouldn't have anything to talk about. If anything you should thank me for giving you guys something to do.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Hey Daddy Duh,maybe its that your infatuated with Graham,seeing how you come on here and talk out both sides of your mouth.Of course we think Graham is the greatest thing ever,they are our kids.Didnt you think LH was the greatest thing ever when you took them water during timeouts?

Not infatuated with Graham at all. You guys are just an easy target. I can't help it.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Well then you should have seen the pattern and that I was obviously switching to Wimberleys side just to have fun. Otherwise, Wimberley would have only had Wimbo-Pro and your week wouldn't have been entertaining. Without me, Graham threads during the playoffs would have been half as small and you guys wouldn't have anything to talk about. If anything you should thank me for giving you guys something to do.

Once again, whatever makes you feel better pal!

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Once again, whatever makes you feel better pal!

Looks like I win the argument. You're just giving up. You're weak. Just like your team is.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Looks like I win the argument. You're just giving up. You're weak. Just like your team is.

Your still here? I thought you were leaving a while ago after u posted those lies!

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Didnt you think LH was the greatest thing ever when you took them water during timeouts?

LMAO, now THAT was a burn

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Your still here? I thought you were leaving a while ago after u posted those lies!

If I leave this thread will die.

steers2
12-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Didnt you think LH was the greatest thing ever when you took them water during timeouts?

LOL, absolutley the best post ever!!:eek:

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:56 PM
LMAO, now THAT was a burn

HAHA not really. Being 30 years older than every player out there doesn't make you any closer to the back up rings you guys are going to get.

I wonder what second place feels like? LH wouldn't know....

grahampaw
Not infatuated with Graham at all. You guys are just an easy target. I can't help it. Cleatchaser!!!! Hey I might can get Case to give you an autograph,you want that made out to your biggest fan or just DD?

steers2
If I leave this thread will die.
that would be excellent.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:57 PM
You guys do realize y'all are grown men on a high school message board right?

Z-RO
12-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Has anybody found out who the home team is yet?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Cleatchaser!!!! Hey I might can get Case to give you an autograph,you want that made out to your biggest fan or just DD?

Why would I want a state runner ups autograph?

steers2
12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
graham is

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 02:59 PM

Graham is.

grahampaw
Has anybody found out who the home team is yet? we are

Deuce
Breaking NEW: Graham is home team, and Daddy d likes to lie on message boards to make himself feel better.

Z-RO
Originally posted by steers2
graham is

Blue jerseys?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 03:00 PM
we are

Why are you saying we? You aren't on the team.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Breaking NEW: Graham is home team, and Daddy d likes to lie on message boards to make himself feel better.

You forgot the S on NEWS.

This just in..... Deuce is obsessed with me. And extremely gullible.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Hate to disagree on this one, but I was at the Carthage vs Tatum bi-district game last year in Carthage when Coach Surratt called a timeout to get the ball back before the half when he was already up by 42!! They scored and made it 63-14 at the half.

That said, Go Dawgs!!!!:D

And what was the final score of that game?

A Gilmer fan talking about running up the score. That is funny right there!

P.S. Congrats on the State Championship.

grahampaw
You guys do realize y'all are grown men on a high school message board right? yes grown men with kids playing for a State Championship.Not a college kid at Baylor on the downlow instead of cruising the campus for girls.Who is the bigger loser?

Deuce
Dont get mad Daddy, just admit you lied and we can all move forward.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
yes grown men with kids playing for a State Championship.Not a college kid at Baylor on the downlow instead of cruising the campus for girls.Who is the bigger loser?

Have a girlfriend, been dating for 3 years. Don't need to cruise.

You are all losers for letting a kid get under your skin.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Dont get mad Daddy, just admit you lied and we can all move forward.

NEVER.

Rustler
12-13-2009, 03:06 PM

I would be focusing on Carthage and starting to wrap my mind around the fact that Daddy D is right and Carthage will ROLL you guys. But hey, you got close to getting a ring? I think they have backup rings? :clap: One More I am the "GREATEST" post from somebody that calls himself Daddy! Like the little boy on the commercial that starts proclaiming he is the greatest hitter..............Then when he cant hit proclaims he is the greatest pitcher:clap: You post a lie......Your caught.......Then claim you Picked both teams to win, just depends on who you picked with.......Sounds like yo a "Little Boy".

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
:clap: One More I am the "GREATEST" post from somebody that calls himself Daddy! Like the little boy on the commercial that starts proclaiming he is the greatest hitter..............Then when he cant hit proclaims he is the greatest pitcher:clap: You post a lie......Your caught.......Then claim you Picked both teams to win, just depends on who you picked with.......Sounds like yo a "Little Boy".

Will you please just ask inmate, he will tell you. Wasn't a lie, just had to spice the board up a little and root against you guys just to get under yalls skin.

grahampaw
12-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Have a girlfriend, been dating for 3 years. Don't need to cruise.

You are all losers for letting a kid get under your skin. You do know that being a friend on facebook is not dating dont you?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 03:10 PM
You do know that being a friend on facebook is not dating dont you?

You probably have a facebook you old creeper.

I don't even have a facebook.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 03:12 PM
You all need to start a Graham vs. Daddy D 11 thread!

Daddy D 11

I know:D

Rustler
NEVER. I now know you a "little boy" Never???? Not Old enough or smart enough not use that word...........Not even your 4.0 GPA.........or your future glorified secretary job at the State House........or your great mind reading has taught you better............"LITTLE BOY" the fall is hard!

Rustler
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
You do know that being a friend on facebook is not dating dont you? Dont burst his greatness bubble......Only date he can get is facebook or 3A Down Low. Little Boy may cry! Glad to see as a liar, Self Proclaimed, "Daddy" picking Carthage.......Good for Graham

grahampaw
12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Why are you saying we? You aren't on the team. Thats where your wrong Daddy Duh,if you whould have seen the home side in the forth Q fri night,you whould have seen it is a WE thing.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Thats where your wrong Daddy Duh,if you whould have seen the home side in the forth Q fri night,you whould have seen it is a WE thing.

That's cute. Did you ring your cow bell?

grahampaw
12-13-2009, 03:22 PM
That's cute. Did you ring your cow bell? milkjug with rocks,thanks.:D

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 03:52 PM
If you read the entire thread you idiot you would see I was kidding. Everyone knew I was rooting for Wimberley AND just trying to get a rise outta you guys. Ask inmate, he will tell you that I PM'd him laughing my ass at the fact that y'all actually believed me. I knew you guys would win but I was rooting for Wimberley. Just like I will be rooting for the Steers to win even though I know I've got a better chance of winning the lottery than you do of beating the Bulldogs.

Not to get in between a good ole' fashioned dog fight...but Daddy D did in fact tell me that he was pretty sure Wimberley would get beat by Graham. I saw the post you guys are refering to back then too...i took it as more of a jab at you guys who were getting on him for supporting a fellow district team...thats all.

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Oh...I forgot....

Who is home team again??? lolol

go Graham!

theoldoaktree
12-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Looks like I win the argument. You're just giving up. You're weak. Just like your team is. alright daddy d, not graham is a weak team, you completly contradict yourself with just about everything you congrats man.:clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 03:58 PM
And one more thing....

InmateBoss is a guy???? i dont think so....too many avatars, including the :inlove: one...no guy would use that one.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah and see my post above, he is full of s%$# sometimes as well.

IT's called :stirpot: and he is good at it!!!! It's more fun to work with him than against! Your good whup some stuff on him and make him have to go look it up!! Don't get mad, get started, I know you can do a little :stirpot: too! I need to take lessons from both of ya'll!! I could use some pointers on how to stir the pot!!!

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 04:07 PM
IT's called :stirpot: and he is good at it!!!! It's more fun to work with him than against! Your good whup some stuff on him and make him have to go look it up!! Don't get mad, get started, I know you can do a little :stirpot: too! I need to take lessons from both of ya'll!! I could use some pointers on how to stir the pot!!!

Didn't you mean:

IT's called :stirpot: and he is good at it!!!! It's more fun to work with him than against! Your good whup some stuff on him and make him have to go look it up!! Don't get mad, get started, I know you can do a little :stirpot: too! I need to take lessons from both of ya'll!! I could use some pointers on how to :stirpot:!!!

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM

:lies: :lies: :lies: :D Hey you kicked this wasp nest, you better give them some honey, and put down the rolled up news paper!!!
Or keep swatting at them, and take it like the true Surffer dude that you are!!!

PS: He did say that he thought we would win, but he was going to be on Wimberleys Bandwagon because they were the proud new owners of Brownwood!!! :eek: :eek: :D :stirpot: , is that how you do it D????

Deuce
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
:lies: :lies: :lies: :D Hey you kicked this wasp nest, you better give them some honey, and put down the rolled up news paper!!!
Or keep swatting at them, and take it like the true Surffer dude that you are!!!

PS: He did say that he thought we would win, but he was going to be on Wimberleys Bandwagon because they were the proud new owners of Brownwood!!! :eek: :eek: :D :stirpot: , is that how you do it D????

Just because your kinned to him, you don't have to take up for him. LOL! All I know is what he posted and he said that Graham would get beat, and then posted otherwise in this thread.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 04:25 PM

LMAO...:D D you are so funny, I know Rocket would be so proud!! :clap: Your like trying to push a chain, LOL you just never know which way it's going to go!!! Im still ROFL!!! I love it!!! :eek: :D

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 04:35 PM

LMAO... That might be the record breaker for the DL. I belive it's only 45,000 views. This could beat that thread by oh say about 100,000 posts!!!!:eek: :eek:

#1 TEXAN
12-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I have never seen the bulldogs in person, What kind of offense do they run? More pass or more run?

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
And one more thing....

InmateBoss is a guy???? i dont think so....too many avatars, including the :inlove: one...no guy would use that one.

LMAO... see this is what makes this board fun, why get mad. :inlove: :inlove:

PS: their Icons

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 04:43 PM
LMAO... see this is what makes this board fun, why get mad. :inlove: :inlove:

PS: their Icons

lol....atta girl!

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Didn't you mean:

IT's called :stirpot: and he is good at it!!!! It's more fun to work with him than against! Your good whup some stuff on him and make him have to go look it up!! Don't get mad, get started, I know you can do a little :stirpot: too! I need to take lessons from both of ya'll!! I could use some pointers on how to :stirpot:!!!

I never said any of that stuff, it's all a bunch of lies!!!!:D

go blue 64
12-13-2009, 04:46 PM

well said:)

go blue 64
12-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Good evaluation seeing as how you have seen Graham play once and Carthage none :rolleyes: :doh: 95% huh lol Last time I looked they went 28-48...my math must be wrong because that isnt 95%

well said:)

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Not to get in between a good ole' fashioned dog fight...but Daddy D did in fact tell me that he was pretty sure Wimberley would get beat by Graham. I saw the post you guys are refering to back then too...i took it as more of a jab at you guys who were getting on him for supporting a fellow district team...thats all.

Thank you wimbo.

And thank you inmate.

Now, will you all please realize that I was kidding in that post like over 2 weeks ago?

Deuce, you're gullible:p

Should I keep messing with you guys or stay away and let this thread die? LOL you guys take your pick
:devil:

Entertainment.... or boredom. You choose.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Thank you wimbo.

And thank you inmate.

Now, will you all please realize that I was kidding in that post like over 2 weeks ago?

Deuce, you're gullible:p

Should I keep messing with you guys or stay away and let this thread die? LOL you guys take your pick
:devil:

Entertainment.... or boredom. You choose.

Stay away and let it die!!!

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Just because your kinned to him, you don't have to take up for him. LOL! All I know is what he posted and he said that Graham would get beat, and then posted otherwise in this thread.

I know, he'll do it every time if he thinks it will get a rise out of you!! He is good at throwing bait, and get's lot's of strikes, then he'll set the hook and reel them in!!! No malice intended, just fun. This thread would be boring if it was one sided, when you read one of his post after you know him, you'll know if he is serious or just fishing!!! Thats what the D stands for D as in Dance "Bill Dance", the Bass Fisherman!!! make sense.:D

go blue 64
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Grahamcheerdad

i agree

Graham 31
Carthage 20

go blue 64
12-13-2009, 05:08 PM

I'm out.

I am sure that will be just one more in a long list of your broken promises.:)

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by go blue 64
i agree

Graham 31
Carthage 20

31-20 = 11

do you?

go blue 64
12-13-2009, 05:11 PM

:iagree:

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I know, he'll do it every time if he thinks it will get a rise out of you!! He is good at throwing bait, and get's lot's of strikes, then he'll set the hook and reel them in!!! No malice intended, just fun. This thread would be boring if it was one sided, when you read one of his post after you know him, you'll know if he is serious or just fishing!!! Thats what the D stands for D as in Dance "Bill Dance", the Bass Fisherman!!! make sense.:D

I been throwing spinners for 3 weeks! Both my livewells are plum full:devil: You guys are like piranhas! It's easy:D

Go blue 64.. I did go "out", went to the rec and worked out lol had to get away from the books for a little while.

go blue 64
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM
31-20 = 11

do you?

he said 14
I said 11 what is the problem, I agree with him and not yoiu.:)

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Do you hear the train yet?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
It's one thing to have not seen Carthage play and just not know what's coming. But it scares me to think that someone can watch Graham play all year, then watch Carthage wax a good spread team like La Grange and still come on here predicting to win by 14. That is some serious, serious confidence.

rolldawgs
12-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Thank you #1 Texas for asking an actual football question in the middle of the Daddy D fishing session!

While I'm not an offensive coach, I can say the Dawgs run what is often called "Pro Style" offense with multipe formations, motion, etc.. More often than not, you'll see one of two things - either the QB under center with a single tailback 6+ yds. behind him, or the QB in the shotgun with an empty backfield. Their offensive line is excellent, so having a back to protect the shotgun QB is not usually needed, especially when the QB Morgan can scramble extremely well if needed and still hit multiple targets. They really put a lot of pressure on defenses, with equal amounts of run/pass. Very capable of moving the length of the field in 2 minute situations.

go blue 64
12-13-2009, 05:24 PM
milkjug with rocks,thanks.:D

in case no one has noticed grahampaw is pitching a shut out!!!:)

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Does Carthage still run alot of stretch plays? Seems that's all they ran when they put it on the ground against us and last year against Celina.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 05:26 PM

Dont get me wrong, I look a good argument as much as the next guy. But dont say you predicted something when you actually didn't. He can stir all the pot he wants, hell he can smoke all the pot he wants! I dont really give a flying @#$%!

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Dont get me wrong, I look a good argument as much as the next guy. But dont say you predicted something when you actually didn't. He can stir all the pot he wants, hell he can smoke all the pot he wants! I dont really give a flying @#$%!

I did predict it. Wimbo and Inmate have even came on here to back me up. You think they are backing me up just for the hell of it? No, they are not. They're just telling the truth. Quit getting all mad about your misunderstanding. Everyone else realizes I was being sarcastic and that I am 4-0 in predicting Graham wins this post season. And don't assume I smoke weed, wouldn't ever touch that crap.

Have you pulled the hook out of your mouth yet???:D If you have, now is a good time to admit you've been caught, reeled in and now released:p

grahampaw
12-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I know, he'll do it every time if he thinks it will get a rise out of you!! He is good at throwing bait, and get's lot's of strikes, then he'll set the hook and reel them in!!! No malice intended, just fun. This thread would be boring if it was one sided, when you read one of his post after you know him, you'll know if he is serious or just fishing!!! Thats what the D stands for D as in Dance "Bill Dance", the Bass Fisherman!!! make sense.:D Call it what you want, but we had Daddy Duh so mad he pee-peed his Green and Gold undies.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Call it what you want, but we had Daddy Duh so mad he pee-peed his Green and Gold undies.

I don't like the ninja turtles. I'm a power rangers guy.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Seems to me its pretty clear you LIAR!!!!

Emerson1
12-13-2009, 05:36 PM
:thinking: Thanks....

Tell me, what's being a real fan like? I'm dying to know.
Not bitching about where the game is being played because it's an inconvenience to you. Like I said parking and traffic shouldn't be a problem unless you get there right at game time. Are you the kind of person who gets there halfway through the first quarter and expects to sit right on the 50?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Seems to me its pretty clear you LIAR!!!!

You must be kidding. Yes, you have got to be kidding. But I will participate and bite the hook because I feel bad. It's been a one sided affair since you have joined the board and I feel sorry for you.. I'll give you your first victory and fall for this bait...

It's clearly already been established by not only me (but others) that the EXACT post you are referring to was meant to shake you guys up. It was not a prediction.

If you want to take every single thing that is posted as literal fact then here goes...

I am 7 foot 6 inches tall and I can bench press 500 pounds. I don't own a car because I have wings and can fly. I can breath under water and I have trees in my back yard that grow money on them.

You are now forced to believe the above mentioned things because obviously any thing I post I am dead serious about....

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Not bitching about where the game is being played because it's an inconvenience to you. Like I said parking and traffic shouldn't be a problem unless you get there right at game time. Are you the kind of person who gets there halfway through the first quarter and expects to sit right on the 50?

The pain in the ass reference was to the distance from me, not the location. I would have liked the game closer, but it's in the players best interest for it to be in Dallas and not Waco/Austin.

Nope I've never really cared where I sit. I'm normally a good 45 minutes to an hour early type of guy. Any other questions?

Daddy D 11
12-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Alright guys it's been fun but I got a Physics final tomorrow that I need to make a B in to keep my A average so I'll probably be out for the night and most likely till January lol

I'm heading home after my final tomorrow morning then I'll spend the entire break out at the ranch. There ain't no internet out there so best of luck to Graham! You all are going to need it! I hope you guys pull it out!

Deuce it's been fun. My wrist hurts from reeling you in but it's been fun. Have a good holiday homie.
Grahampaw, don't die of a heart attack when you see Carthage run out onto the field this weekend!:p
Steers2 and steers81 or whatever, you are both goons.
Rustler, I don't even know what to say. I'm worried for you LOL
Ragin Red, I like you.
Go blue 64... uhh, well never mind.
And Inmateboss, I hope when you come out to the ranch for Christmas you've got a state champs graham shirt for me! I might let you kill a buck if you do! (Go look on the hunting thread in the non sports forum for some pics of some new deer we've been seeing.. I don't think dads emailed em to you yet. He got a 185 the other day up near you guys actually) <-- true story! Peace brother!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Deuce
12-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Alright guys it's been fun but I got a Physics final tomorrow that I need to make a B in to keep my A average so I'll probably be out for the night and most likely till January lol

I'm heading home after my final tomorrow morning then I'll spend the entire break out at the ranch. There ain't no internet out there so best of luck to Graham! You all are going to need it! I hope you guys pull it out!

Deuce it's been fun. My wrist hurts from reeling you in but it's been fun. Have a good holiday homie.
Grahampaw, don't die of a heart attack when you see Carthage run out onto the field this weekend!:p
Ragin Red, I like you.
And Inmateboss, I hope when you come out to the ranch for Christmas you've got a state champs graham shirt for me! I might let you kill a buck if you do! (Go look on the hunting thread in the non sports forum for some pics of some new deer we've been seeing.. I don't think dads emailed em to you yet. He got a 185 the other day up near you guys actually) <-- true story! Peace brother!

Happy Holidays everyone!

You been gettin reeled all day SON!! LMAO!!!

grahampaw
12-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Ragin Red, I like you.

Happy Holidays everyone! OK junior, see you in 20 minutes,I will take Mcnuggets and a Coke.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 06:16 PM
You been gettin reeled all day SON!! LMAO!!!

Oh, now you want to be nice , now that you know they have a good hunting ranch, with really big deer, and lot's of cold foamy adult beverages!!!LOL :eek: :D :D

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 06:18 PM
OK junior, see you in 20 minutes,I will take Mcnuggets and a Coke.

LOL, thats good right there!!!!

grahampaw
12-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh, now you want to be nice , now that you know they have a good hunting ranch, with really big deer, and lot's of cold foamy adult beverages!!!LOL :eek: :D :D Hey IB,do you have to hold Daddy Duh when he shoots in case the gun kicks too hard?

turbostud
12-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey IB,do you have to hold Daddy Duh when he shoots in case the gun kicks too hard?

LOL.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey IB,do you have to hold Daddy Duh when he shoots in case the gun kicks too hard?

Nah, he does a pretty good job himself, There are pics of him in the M&G sticky thread, he is the short guy, bout 6'3-6'4. :eek:

non sports forum page 8- 4th post by Garcia, Wylie vs Brownwood game, Gray shirt MM on his cap!!

BRING THE RING !!!!!!!

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 08:15 PM
ok i read the 1st 2 pages of this and gave up. it is almost like the graham posters are trying to talk themselves into believing they can win. i keep seeing references to pittsburg.................YOU ALREADY BEAT PITTSBURG. THE STEERS ARE PLAYING CARTHAGE. I seen them in action.I seen Pitt too. Carthage as well as Gilmer are 3 to 4 td's a game better than Pitt. They are the real deal. Have faith in your team and hope for a miracle...............that's what it gonna take.

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 08:18 PM
This thread gotten taken over by Graham vs. Daddy D 11.

They better focus on the storm that is brewing.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
ok i read the 1st 2 pages of this and gave up. it is almost like the graham posters are trying to talk themselves into believing they can win. i keep seeing references to pittsburg.................YOU ALREADY BEAT PITTSBURG. THE STEERS ARE PLAYING CARTHAGE. I seen them in action.I seen Pitt too. Carthage as well as Gilmer are 3 to 4 td's a game better than Pitt. They are the real deal. Have faith in your team and hope for a miracle...............that's what it gonna take.

Look, we know how good Carthage is, and we understand that we will have to play the best game of the year to beat them. There is no denying that. Especially when we know how they beat up on Gilmer last year!

gameface
12-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Strap on your boots Steers-Dawgs will win by 4 touchdowns with full certainty! No smack intended-the Dawgs are just that good!

LawDog
12-13-2009, 08:48 PM
I have been following the banter and trash talk on this board since the play off started. This is my first post. I enjoy all the talk from both sides. But let discuss the game and teams. I for one am a Graham FAN. I think they are the greatest team in the state. They have been predicted to fail from the beginning of the year, yet they continue to win. They have played in one of the toughest districts in Texas and won. They were not supposed to beat Abilene but did. Then they made it into the play offs and were told they would lose to Borger and Monahans, yet they won. Then Bridgeport was going to be too much offense for them to handle, what happened they won again. Then Wimberley was too balanced and Pitt ran to good. Yet time and again the Graham D stood their ground. Lets all remember that the past is the past and the only score that matters is at the end of the game played. PROVE THEM ALL WRONG AGAIN. GO GRAHAM.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I am thinking this game is going to be closer than expected. Carthage from what I hear has talent on both sides of the ball but Graham won't show up to get kicked around. This is a state championship! May the best team win!

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 08:51 PM

All that aside, LostAussie, you know well that when you reach this game, both teams can beat the other solely based on who has the "Mojo"...who is clicking...who comes to play on that particular day. We all have seen great teams fall when they start thinking they CAN'T fail (N.E. Patriots a couple of years ago).

Not saying Carthage will do this...I am just saying don't be surprised if they do. After all...they are HS kids.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by LawDog
I have been following the banter and trash talk on this board since the play off started. This is my first post. I enjoy all the talk from both sides. But let discuss the game and teams. I for one am a Graham FAN. I think they are the greatest team in the state. They have been predicted to fail from the beginning of the year, yet they continue to win. They have played in one of the toughest districts in Texas and won. They were not supposed to beat Abilene but did. Then they made it into the play offs and were told they would lose to Borger and Monahans, yet they won. Then Bridgeport was going to be too much offense for them to handle, what happened they won again. Then Wimberley was too balanced and Pitt ran to good. Yet time and again the Graham D stood their ground. Lets all remember that the past is the past and the only score that matters is at the end of the game played. PROVE THEM ALL WRONG AGAIN. GO GRAHAM.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nuff said!

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 09:11 PM
All that aside, LostAussie, you know well that when you reach this game, both teams can beat the other solely based on who has the "Mojo"...who is clicking...who comes to play on that particular day. We all have seen great teams fall when they start thinking they CAN'T fail (N.E. Patriots a couple of years ago).

Not saying Carthage will do this...I am just saying don't be surprised if they do. After all...they are HS kids. my post probably came across a little misguided. i understand they believe in their team..............they should!! i just don't want them to mistake carthage for pitt.............its just not the same. good luck to them though. i hope they make a hell of a game out of it.

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 09:17 PM

Every team needs loyal fans and I commend you for that however you cannot compare Carthage to Wimberley,Borger or Monahans, those teams are not in the same league. I have seen Cuero play and they came closer to beating Gilmer then anyone this year and Cuero was the real deal this year also.What I am saying is my vote is that Carthage is better then both of them and will beat Graham by 2 or 3 TD's.

Deuce
12-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Every team needs loyal fans and I commend you for that however you cannot compare Carthage to Wimberley,Borger or Monahans, those teams are not in the same league. I have seen Cuero play and they came closer to beating Gilmer then anyone this year and Cuero was the real deal this year also.What I am saying is my vote is that Carthage is better then both of them and will beat Graham by 2 or 3 TD's.

He never compared Carthage to any of those teams. He simply said no one thought we would beat those teams and we have.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Every team needs loyal fans and I commend you for that however you cannot compare Carthage to Wimberley,Borger or Monahans, those teams are not in the same league. I have seen Cuero play and they came closer to beating Gilmer then anyone this year and Cuero was the real deal this year also.What I am saying is my vote is that Carthage is better then both of them and will beat Graham by 2 or 3 TD's. Carthage is lucky to be here, the district was weak and the playoff bracket was just as weak :D

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Carthage is lucky to be here, the district was weak and the playoff bracket was just as weak :D

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

hookandladder
12-13-2009, 09:37 PM
He never compared Carthage to any of those teams. He simply said no one thought we would beat those teams and we have.

I am just saying no one has beaten Carthage in 2 years and it anit happening next weekend.

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I am just saying no one has beaten Carthage in 2 years and it anit happening next weekend. Colt McCoy asked Tim Tebow Saturday to pray for Graham and we all know Tebow praying means its pretty much in the books

oldtownag
12-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Colt McCoy asked Tim Tebow Saturday to pray for Graham and we all know Tebow praying means its pretty much in the books

Guess he didn't pray B4 the SEC Championship game.

steerz2010
12-13-2009, 09:49 PM
ok i read the 1st 2 pages of this and gave up. it is almost like the graham posters are trying to talk themselves into believing they can win. i keep seeing references to pittsburg.................YOU ALREADY BEAT PITTSBURG. THE STEERS ARE PLAYING CARTHAGE. I seen them in action.I seen Pitt too. Carthage as well as Gilmer are 3 to 4 td's a game better than Pitt. They are the real deal. Have faith in your team and hope for a miracle...............that's what it gonna take. WOW 3-4 touchdowns a game better than pitt?! that pretty amazing! would you like a cookie?? perhaps a cupcake?? Maybe even a happy meal!:D :D :D

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I am just saying no one has beaten Carthage in 2 years and it anit happening next weekend. no, carthage lost twice last year............but it has been a while

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Guess he didn't pray B4 the SEC Championship game.

haha no kidding.

STEERFAN88
12-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I am just saying no one has beaten Carthage in 2 years and it anit happening next weekend.

All I can say is Carthrage has a good tightend. A running back that fumbles. And a team that hasnt been hit by the #1 defense in 3A football.
Carthrage will have there first lost next weekend!!!!!!
Graham 24
Carthrage 17

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by txsfootball4lif
haha no kidding. Not even a prayer could beat the mighty Crimson Tide...:rolleyes:

steerz2010
12-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by STEERFAN88
All I can say is Carthrage has a good tightend. A running back that fumbles. And a team that hasnt been hit by the #1 defense in 3A football.
Graham 24
Carthrage 17 :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Graham 24
Carthrage 17 you guys kill me...............the dude from abilene that came and stayed for a week in gilmer, said WYLIE was the best defense in 3A. we all know how that turned out. i'm just trying to find the real "best defense in 3a". let me go find that article:D

STEERFAN88
12-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Not even a prayer could beat the mighty Crimson Tide...:rolleyes:

MESS WITH A STEER, YOU GET THE HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 10:13 PM
found it:D

Stingy Wylie Defense Key To Upset Victory
By DANIEL YOUNGBLOOD
Abilene Reporter News

ABILENE -- To most statewide, Abilene Wylie is considered a significant underdog heading into the its state title tilt with Gilmer.

And with the Buckeyes' eye-popping offensive statistics and their reputation as a Class 3A juggernaut, there won't be many outside of Abilene picking the Bulldogs to pull off that upset.

But it's those few brave folks that do pick coach Hugh Sandifer's squad who will be celebrating last. The reason is simple, albeit mind-numbingly cliche: defense wins championships, and Wylie's defense is as good as they come at the 3A level.

Those familiar with Gilmer know the Buckeyes have an unbelievable offense. With an average of 52.8 points and 461 yards per game, coach Jeff Traylor's spread attack certainly has the substance to match its style.

But what most across Texas don't realize is that Wylie's defense has been every bit as dominant as the Gilmer offense this season.

A quick glance at a stat sheet shows the Bulldogs allowing 13.62 points and around 260 yards per game, which are solid numbers in their own right. But what doesn't show up on the stat sheet is that only 99 of those 177 points allowed have come against the Bulldogs' starting defense and only 41 of those 99 points have come in the first half, when most of Wylie's games have been decided.

The Wylie defense has held nine of its 13 opponents to zero first-half points this season, combining with an efficient offensive attack to outscore opponents 302-41 in the first 24 minutes of games.

Will the Bulldogs be able to replicate that against senior quarterback Darian "Stump" Godfrey and the Buckeyes? Highly doubtful.

But if they play the way they have all season for defensive coordinator Clay Martin, the Bulldogs will be able to make things more difficult for the Gilmer offense than anyone has all season, which with Wylie's potent offense should be enough to win the game.

In 2007, the Bulldogs limited a Gilmer team that came in averaging 46.7 points and 497.5 yards per game to 28 points and 331 yards in a seven-point semifinals loss. And with a defensive unit that stacks up favorably to that one and an offense that's almost guaranteed to top the 21 points and 208 yards it had in that loss, there's little reason to think Wylie couldn't reverse that result this year.

After limiting a Lucas Lovejoy offense that was averaging nearly 40 points per game to 27 points in a four-point semifinal win last week and holding an explosive Graham team to 13 points despite an eight-turnover offensive performance earlier in the season, the Bulldogs have proven up to the task when it comes to containing some of the top offensive units in the state.

On Saturday, the Wylie defense will get to try its hand against THE best offense in 3A.

But at the same time, Gilmer will be matched up against, hands down, the best defense it's faced all year.

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 10:14 PM
MESS WITH A STEER, YOU GET THE HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! Are we talking Graham or Longhorns?

STEERFAN88
12-13-2009, 10:14 PM
you guys kill me...............the dude from abilene that came and stayed for a week in gilmer, said WYLIE was the best defense in 3A. we all know how that turned out. i'm just trying to find the real "best defense in 3a". let me go find that article:D

You dont need no article you dumb !%&. Come watch the game!!!!!!!!Wylie can tell you how our defense is. Mess with a Steer and you get the horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steerz2010
12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
you guys kill me...............the dude from abilene that came and stayed for a week in gilmer, said WYLIE was the best defense in 3A. we all know how that turned out. i'm just trying to find the real "best defense in 3a". let me go find that article:D

All I am saying is that it wont be 3 or 4 TD win for Carthage. This will be a game... I think we have a big edge on the D side of the ball...

STEERFAN88
Are we talking Graham or Longhorns?

Graham is the STeers, not Longhorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NateDawg39
You dont need no article you dumb !%&. Come watch the game!!!!!!!!Wylie can tell you how our defense is. Mess with a Steer and you get the horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody wanna take bets on who gets benched next...

STEERFAN88
12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Anybody wanna take bets on who gets benched next...

Yea me cause I tell it like it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Graham has the best defense in 3A -- that's a laugh. Sure didn't see it in the Pitt game. You Graham homers go ahead and talk all you want. Come Saturday night you will be going home wondering what the hell just happened. And then you will know what the Wylie fans felt like.

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Yea me cause I tell it like it is!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, moving on to more important things...

lostaussie
12-13-2009, 10:19 PM
You dont need no article you dumb !%&. Come watch the game!!!!!!!!Wylie can tell you how our defense is. Mess with a Steer and you get the horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! last time i cut a bull.............he became a steer...............hmmmm, had no balls!!!

gameface
12-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Where will the Graham vs. Carthage game be played? any word yet?

STEERFAN88
12-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Graham has the best defense in 3A -- that's a laugh. Sure didn't see it in the Pitt game. You Graham homers go ahead and talk all you want. Come Saturday night you will be going home wondering what the hell just happened. And then you will know what the Wylie fans felt like.

Didnt see it. Your an idiot!!!!!!! You wouldnt know football if it hit you between the eyes.
Graham did nothing but killed Pitt on D all night. The QB could hardly even walk in the 4th Quarter.

Your a freakin idiot.

STEERFAN88
12-13-2009, 10:24 PM
last time i cut a bull.............he became a steer...............hmmmm, had no balls!!!

We got balls, big balls!!!, But we have more heart. LMAO

NateDawg39
12-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Didnt see it. Your an idiot!!!!!!! You wouldnt know football if it hit you between the eyes.
Graham did nothing but killed Pitt on D all night. The QB could hardly even walk in the 4th Quarter.

Your a freakin idiot. wow, big man...

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Graham has the best defense in 3A -- that's a laugh. Sure didn't see it in the Pitt game. You Graham homers go ahead and talk all you want. Come Saturday night you will be going home wondering what the hell just happened. And then you will know what the Wylie fans felt like. Now that I think about it -- you'll be wondering what the hell just happened by halftime.

trusteer/trublu
12-13-2009, 10:36 PM
You all need to start a Graham vs. Daddy D 11 thread! Good one...DD is stirring it up....:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 10:48 PM

Wylie fans went home proud to of made it to the state championship. I thought I had nothing but great things to say about Gilmer fans.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm sure all the Wylie fans were proud -- as they should be. What I was trying to get across was that the Graham faithful will be going home with that sick/disappointing feeling many of the Wylie fans must of had on the long drive home. As for the Wylie team and fans --- first class! Same for Cuero and Navasota faithful.

STEERFAN88
12-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by txsfootball4lif
Wylie fans went home proud to of made it to the state championship. I thought I had nothing but great things to say about Gilmer fans.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I watched the Gilmer game on the interntet!!!!I will say they are a great team. Probably rank right were they need to be at #1.

And I watched the Carthrage game which i was not impressed with. I know with out a doubt that if Graham come and plays Steer football it will be nothing but the Steers in the end with a State Championship. Graham I know has the best defense in the Div. II. Will never know with Gilmer, but I just want to say congragulations to Gilmer on a big win...........

wimbo_pro
12-13-2009, 10:58 PM
We got balls, big balls!!!, But we have more heart. LMAO

<<<as heard in the movie "Team America"...>>>

You have balls. I like your balls.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm sure all the Wylie fans were proud -- as they should be. What I was trying to get across was that the Graham faithful will be going home with that sick/disappointing feeling many of the Wylie fans must of had on the long drive home. As for the Wylie team and fans --- first class! Same for Cuero and Navasota faithful.

I agree, but all this bashing mess is ridiculous though.

Graham has earned the spot to play in this game and I think they deserve as must of a chance as Carthage does.

Leave it for the teams to decide on Saturday.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I watched the Gilmer game on the interntet!!!!I will say they are a great team. Probably rank right were they need to be at #1.

And I watched the Carthrage game which i was not impressed with. I know with out a doubt that if Graham come and plays Steer football it will be nothing but the Steers in the end with a State Championship. Graham I know has the best defense in the Div. II. Will never know with Gilmer, but I just want to say congragulations to Gilmer on a big win...........

I do not know much about Carthage, but I did see Graham play Wylie. Even if the Steers come playing "Steer Football" it will not be easy to win.

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 11:11 PM

Well now you've gone and done it!!! Your ruined, that first post is like CRACK, one post and then your hooked, hopelessly addicted. It's not too late, stop now while there is still a chance, just say NO!!!

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!!!! BRING THE RING!!!!!!!

N4SIR
12-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I hope you have time to come to the game Saturday night. You will be stunned by Carthages size and game. They are fun to watch. I saw Graham play for the first time this week against Pitt. They looked okay but not overly impressive.
I plan to make a day of it and hit the Albany vs. Cayuga game at 2 and then head over to the Carthage game at 6.

txsfootball4lif
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I hope you have time to come to the game Saturday night. You will be stunned by Carthages size and game. They are fun to watch. I saw Graham play for the first time this week against Pitt. They looked okay but not overly impressive.
I plan to make a day of it and hit the Albany vs. Cayuga game at 2 and then head over to the Carthage game at 6.

I will be at the Carthage game for sure Saturday, you should come to the m&g. Always good to put some faces with names.

Where is the Albany game at?

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 11:32 PM

Hey Hook whats the deal, we can't compare carthage to anybody that we have played no matter how good they were??? But you and Lost can't open your mouths without comparing Carthage to GILMER!!!!!!! WE are not PLAYING GILMER, and don't give a HOOT how good they are, was, or will be. I do know Graham will show up and give Carthage ONE hell of a fight! Then ya'll can use Graham as a unit of measure against ALL the other inferior TEAMS.

GO GRAHAM STEERS !!!!! BRING THE RING !!!!

Steer81
12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
I really am having a great time reading all this stuff! And all the people who do not give Graham a chance. Been hearing this all year. You can't beat Bridgport (Steers did twice), You can't beat Wyle (Steers did), You can't beat Monahans (Steers did) and there is no way this team can beat Wiberly or Pitt (Steers did). People keep telling this team that they can't and somehow they do. I hope to GOD that all the words that people say on this site, in Mags and all the so called experts get back to the Steers, believe me they will love getting to hear how they can't. Ok the Bulldogs are a great team and the Steers have their hands full and they know it but to take a line that has been use so many times "It's not the size of the Steer in the fight its the size of fight in the Steer". People been saying all year they can't but somehow they find a way! "I have my eyes on the Steers the Steers of Old Graham High!"

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
no, carthage lost twice last year............but it has been a while

But they can be beat!!! Thanks for the hope, thats all we have going for us !!!! Man I feel better already!!!

Inmateboss
12-13-2009, 11:41 PM
found it:D

Stingy Wylie Defense Key To Upset Victory
By DANIEL YOUNGBLOOD
Abilene Reporter News

ABILENE -- To most statewide, Abilene Wylie is considered a significant underdog heading into the its state title tilt with Gilmer.

And with the Buckeyes' eye-popping offensive statistics and their reputation as a Class 3A juggernaut, there won't be many outside of Abilene picking the Bulldogs to pull off that upset.

But it's those few brave folks that do pick coach Hugh Sandifer's squad who will be celebrating last. The reason is simple, albeit mind-numbingly cliche: defense wins championships, and Wylie's defense is as good as they come at the 3A level.

Those familiar with Gilmer know the Buckeyes have an unbelievable offense. With an average of 52.8 points and 461 yards per game, coach Jeff Traylor's spread attack certainly has the substance to match its style.

But what most across Texas don't realize is that Wylie's defense has been every bit as dominant as the Gilmer offense this season.

A quick glance at a stat sheet shows the Bulldogs allowing 13.62 points and around 260 yards per game, which are solid numbers in their own right. But what doesn't show up on the stat sheet is that only 99 of those 177 points allowed have come against the Bulldogs' starting defense and only 41 of those 99 points have come in the first half, when most of Wylie's games have been decided.

The Wylie defense has held nine of its 13 opponents to zero first-half points this season, combining with an efficient offensive attack to outscore opponents 302-41 in the first 24 minutes of games.

Will the Bulldogs be able to replicate that against senior quarterback Darian "Stump" Godfrey and the Buckeyes? Highly doubtful.

But if they play the way they have all season for defensive coordinator Clay Martin, the Bulldogs will be able to make things more difficult for the Gilmer offense than anyone has all season, which with Wylie's potent offense should be enough to win the game.

In 2007, the Bulldogs limited a Gilmer team that came in averaging 46.7 points and 497.5 yards per game to 28 points and 331 yards in a seven-point semifinals loss. And with a defensive unit that stacks up favorably to that one and an offense that's almost guaranteed to top the 21 points and 208 yards it had in that loss, there's little reason to think Wylie couldn't reverse that result this year.

After limiting a Lucas Lovejoy offense that was averaging nearly 40 points per game to 27 points in a four-point semifinal win last week and holding an explosive Graham team to 13 points despite an eight-turnover offensive performance earlier in the season, the Bulldogs have proven up to the task when it comes to containing some of the top offensive units in the state.

On Saturday, the Wylie defense will get to try its hand against THE best offense in 3A.

But at the same time, Gilmer will be matched up against, hands down, the best defense it's faced all year.

:hijacktd: :hijacktd: :hijacktd: GRAHAM VS Carthage don't give a darn about GILMER!!!!