PDA

View Full Version : 2005 & 2009 Texas Longhorns

keenoace
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
In 2005, Texas had an offense revolving around a playmaking quarterback with striking pass-run skills in Vince Young.
In 2009, Texas has an offense revolving around a playmaking quarterback with striking pass-run skills who the offense revolves around in Colt McCoy.
In 2005, Texas' starting quarterback had five letters in his last name -- Y-O-U-N-G.
In 2009, Texas' starting quarterback has five letters in his last name -- M-C-C-O-Y.
In 2005, Texas had a defensive coordinator who had made his national reputation by leading a Southeastern Conference team to earlier defensive success -- Gene Chizik at Auburn.
In 2009, Texas has a defensive coordinator who has made his national reputation by leading a Southeastern Conference team to earlier defensive success -- Will Muschamp at Auburn and LSU.
In 2005, Texas was building on momentum after a dramatic comeback victory over a Big Ten team in a bowl game to conclude the previous season -- a triumph over Michigan in the Rose Bowl.
In 2009, Texas is building on momentum after a dramatic comeback victory over a Big Ten in a bowl game to conclude the previous season -- a triumph over Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.
In 2005, Texas started the season with a home game against a Sun Belt opponent from Louisiana -- Louisiana-Lafayette.
In 2009, Texas will start the season with a home game against a Sun Belt opponent from Louisiana -- Louisiana-Monroe.
In 2005, Texas' second game of the season was a road game to an opponent where it had never played before -- Ohio State.
In 2009, while quite not as challenging, Texas' second game of the season will be a road trip where it has never played before -- Wyoming.
In 2005, Texas played a Big 12 schedule that included home games against Texas Tech, Colorado and Kansas. The Longhorns' road games were against Missouri, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M with a neutral-site game against Oklahoma in Dallas.
In 2009, Texas will play a Big 12 schedule that will include home games against Texas Tech, Colorado and Kansas.
In 2005 Texas played against USC in the Rose Bowl whose unning back won the Heisman Trophy in Reggie Bush.
In 2009 Texas will play Alabama in the Rose Bowl whose running back won the Heisman Trophy in Mark Ingram.

HOOK EM' HORNS National Championship is your Destiny!!!!

Keith7
12-12-2009, 09:19 PM
This is laughable.. I can't wait to bring this back up when Alabama is celebrating the national championship

keenoace
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Aww...not a UT fan!!! Don't be such a scrooge during this wonderful Christmas season :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

forum_guy
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Vince also had the capability to single handedly take over the game at any time. Don't let the A&m game fool you, Mccoy can't do that against an Alabama defense.

keenoace
12-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
This is laughable.. I can't wait to bring this back up when Alabama is celebrating the national championship

Hold on... Let me guess who you like. Lets see??? Your from Conroe...Umm there's :thinking: :thinking: not really much over there.. Wait congrats you have U of H . O yeah Rice. Wait Sam Houston. Well let me know if I got any of them right.

keenoace
12-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Vince also had the capability to single handedly take over the game at any time. Don't let the A&m game fool you, Mccoy can't do that against an Alabama defense.

What McCoy has that Vince didn't is that McCoy has weapons. Plus the Florida Tebows showed flaws in 'bamas defense.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-13-2009, 07:41 PM
There was a thread on this a while back. Can someone find it. I posted a big long mini paper about the comparisons between the two seasons that i wrote the night we lost the baseball championship to LSU.

TheDOCTORdre
12-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
There was a thread on this a while back. Can someone find it. I posted a big long mini paper about the comparisons between the two seasons that i wrote the night we lost the baseball championship to LSU.
got ya covered2005/2009 Horns (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97314&highlight=baseball)

JHS_c/o_06'
12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
thanks dre.

carter08
12-14-2009, 09:36 AM
RTR

dawg4life
12-14-2009, 10:07 AM
2005 Longhorn colors were burnt orange and white
2009 Longhorn colors were burnt orange and white

2005 Longhorns beat Baylor
2009 Longhorns beat Baylor

It's Destiny:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
12-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
This is laughable.. I can't wait to bring this back up when Alabama is celebrating the national championship I cant wait to bring this one up ( yours Keith7 ).

jockcity33
12-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

You say "we" so what position did you play for the Longhorn baseball team, and why would a baseball player write something about the football team the night you lost in the NC baseball game?

cshscougar08
12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Colt with "striking" run skills. Right. Young is in a different league running than Colt.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I say "we", because I'm a student at The University of Texas. You know...college....higher education....you should try it!

Originally posted by jockcity33
You say "we" so what position did you play for the Longhorn baseball team, and why would a baseball player write something about the football team the night you lost in the NC baseball game?

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
What McCoy has that Vince didn't is that McCoy has weapons. Plus the Florida Tebows showed flaws in 'bamas defense.

Sorry but the Horns of 05 had MORE weapons than this year's squad BY FAR