PDA

View Full Version : What a 16 team playoff would look like.

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Using the final BCS rankings:

1 Bama vs 16 West Virginia
2 Texas vs 15 Miami
3 Cincinnati vs 14 BYU
4 TCU vs 13 Penn State
5 Florida vs 12 LSU
6 Boise State vs 11 Virginia Tech
7 Oregon vs 10 Iowa
8 Ohio State vs 9 Georgia Tech

NastySlot
12-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I Round
Big xii championship game
SEC championship game
MAC championship game
ACC championship game
Conference USA championship game
MWC reg. season champ v. Sunbelt reg. season champ
PAC 10 reg. season champ v. WAC reg. season champ
Big 10 reg. season champ v. Big East reg. season champ

Round II matchups would now be based on computer/BCS system….teams placed into an eight team bracket. We would still be able to have a three hour long show on ESPN announcing seeding and sites.
Games played on higher seed home.
3 v.6
2 v.7
4 v.5
1 v 8
Round III Sites: could be determined on bid process like the NCAA basketball tourney.
W 3/6 v. W2/7
W4/5 v. W 1/8
OPEN WEEK before the championship.
Championship Game:

now all those teams not making the playoffs could go to bowls...cities hosting would be happy, alums happy they get to travel...coaches happy extra practice....players happy they get their ipods, xbox's watches etc...

also champions only allows for great non-conference match ups with no penalty for losing early.....

i know basketball has 64 teams and at large bids but basketball is a lot different....they take teams that get hot and win conference tourneys which means a last place regular season team wins three/four in a row in a weekend makes the tourney...and probably knocks out a bubble team with a good record...........and basketball has a lot more teams and conferences needs 64 teams...and it's not a playoff..its a large tourney...........a playoff rewards teams for accomplishing something in the regular season...not just for trying.
...thats another gripe i have..with h.s playoffs...another topic.

Emerson1
12-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow you are the first person to ever think of doing that. What a revelation I bet they chance it for next year.

Highschoolfan78
12-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Wow you are the first person to ever think of doing that. What a revelation I bet they chance it for next year.

hahaha.

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 03:45 PM

You talking to me?

DDBooger
12-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You talking to me? you should add the Taxi Driver (Deniro) to this.

skins4life
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM

WOW! :eek: :eek:

Are you sure it wasn't one of the "Stupidest post ever"? :devil: :devil:

crabman
12-12-2009, 10:36 PM
The problem (or benefit) of bowl games is that coaches careers are dictated by how many bowl games they go to. My Aggies are 6-6 but the coach can still hang his hat on the fact that "we went to a bowl". Somehow the success of a coach has never been determined by "which" bowl he went to but rather just that he went. I don't know how this scam continues to perpetuate. I think the last time I checked there were 38 or 39 bowls which means 76-79 teams go to bowls. Sounds kind of like the Texas High School playoff system.

Until going to a bowl is not the measuring stick of a school, we will continue to have the bowl system.

TheDOCTORdre
12-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by crabman
The problem (or benefit) of bowl games is that coaches careers are dictated by how many bowl games they go to. My Aggies are 6-6 but the coach can still hang his hat on the fact that "we went to a bowl". Somehow the success of a coach has never been determined by "which" bowl he went to but rather just that he went. I don't know how this scam continues to perpetuate. I think the last time I checked there were 38 or 39 bowls which means 76-79 teams go to bowls. Sounds kind of like the Texas High School playoff system.

Until going to a bowl is not the measuring stick of a school, we will continue to have the bowl system.

go ahead and keep the rest of the bowls for those 76-79 teams that arent in the playoffs and everything should be fine