PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Mustangs

mustang84
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I really cant wait to see how much the Mustangs improve next year. I have seen the kids going thru coach Slaughters off season workout and believe me they will be stronger and faster when next season comes along. These kids started off season workouts the day after they turned in their pads and are really working hard. I am sure we will see lots of young guys playing up on the varsity to fill in for the lack of numbers we will have in the senior class. Two years from now coach Slaughter will have a offensive line that will be able to move the ball down the field. I have already seen first hand how much his workout program is strenghting the kids. I just hope that everyone here in town keeps the faith and stands behind him he is great with the kids and knows how to motivate them to play at their best and never give up. These younger players will be willing to play their hearts out for him and his staff. This is one of if not the best group of coaches around and they will turn this program back in to a winning program.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I hope so, we just moved back to Sweetwater and I'm looking forward to some good football next year.

Maroon87
12-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Is that Jim Slaughter that was at A&M Consolidated?:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I hope so, we just moved back to Sweetwater and I'm looking forward to some good football next year.

Everything will be fine. We'll be competitive next year and continue
to improve under the new system.

I haven't heard a single negative comment about Coach Slaughter.
The only time I've "heard" that there might be some grumblings in
Sweetwater is on this board. I guess some folks are worried that
Coach Slaughter will be given as short of a leash as Coach Dowell
was. Well, Terry Pittman isn't Steve Maikell and Slaughter isn't
Dowell. I don't think Coach Slaughter or the Sweetwater folks have
anything to worry about. Slaughter will be given plenty of time to
get the program turn around.

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Nope. Craig Slaughter that was at 2A Clyde (10 miles east of Abilene)

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Everything will be fine. We'll be competitive next year and continue
to improve under the new system.

I haven't heard a single negative comment about Coach Slaughter.
The only time I've "heard" that there might be some grumblings in
Sweetwater is on this board. I guess some folks are worried that
Coach Slaughter will be given as short of a leash as Coach Dowell
was. Well, Terry Pittman isn't Steve Maikell and Slaughter isn't
Dowell. I don't think Coach Slaughter or the Sweetwater folks have
anything to worry about. Slaughter will be given plenty of time to
get the program turn around.

I agree, I won't get started on how I feel about the whole Coach Dowell thing, he got the shaft.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm drawing a blank, who was the last coach at Sweetwater and why did he leave?

And isn't the new guy running the spread?

STANG RED
12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
We'll be much better next season, may even win 5 or 6 games.
But I look for us to be back as good as ever in 2011 and beyond. And I think most people in town are willing to give him time to build the program back. Those that dont, can sit on a stick and rotate.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Those that dont, can sit on a stick and rotate.

:fnypost:

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I agree, I won't get started on how I feel about the whole Coach Dowell thing, he got the shaft.

Yeah and Maikell got shown the door not long after. :clap:

STANG RED
12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I'm drawing a blank, who was the last coach at Sweetwater and why did he leave?

And isn't the new guy running the spread?

Not running the spread at all, but at least we know how to spell PASS around here now.

Jackson was the last head coach. It was time for him to go. He is now in Frisco I believe, at a new school. Only played JV this season I think. He only runs the wishbone, and has no idea the forward pass is a legal play to run. But he was able to beat lots of weak teams with that approach, so he had a great record.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Gotcha, thanks!

lakers
12-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Having played for Slaughter I know how much of a motivator he is. And I remember his workouts, people in Sweetwater can count on their kids being faster and stronger.

ccmom
12-11-2009, 04:50 PM
The Mustangs WILL be back! Count on it!! :)

Maroon87
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Nope. Craig Slaughter that was at 2A Clyde (10 miles east of Abilene)

Gotcha...:cool:

cr180t
12-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Are they running the spread now?

vet93
12-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Craig is Jim Slaughters Nephew. Jim and Craig's Dad Danny are brothers and grew up and played for Ballinger in the 1960's.

If the Sweetwater faithful will leave Craig alone he will build a championship caliber team at Sweetwater....I told the Clyde people the same thing on this site a few years back. Sweetwater has always had the athletes coming through...just give Craig time.

Originally posted by Maroon87

Rocket
12-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Are they running the spread now?

I think they passed the ball twice when they played Brownwood. NO.

Looking4number8
12-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
I think they passed the ball twice when they played Brownwood. NO.
I think the only pass they threw was on a 2 point conversion early in the game.. Might have been a 2nd one but I dont remember it.

I have a serious question for you Sweetwater guys. As AD, how is Slaughter in the other sports. Jackson had Sweetwater very good in football but you seemed to be the laughing stock in other sports. I agree that football rules but I hope Slaughter helps to build all sports in both the boys and girls programs.

(no offense intended)

TheDOCTORdre
12-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Is it true that the Stangs hardly ever practice running full pads? I heard this from an acquaintance and was just wondering

DaHop72
12-13-2009, 11:00 PM
T-shirt bet anyone????:thinking: :thinking: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
T-shirt bet anyone????:thinking: :thinking: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sure

Black_Magic
12-14-2009, 12:24 PM
T-shirt bet anyone????:thinking: :thinking: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: Bet Snyder Goes Undefeated in District in Girls Basketball .....

Looking4number8
12-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Bet Snyder Goes Undefeated in District in Girls Basketball .....

"hop sing"... how have you been. Seems like you made some pretty bold predictions during football season on the Brownwood site too. Hope you are closer on this one

nobogey72
12-14-2009, 12:36 PM

I'll take all of that that you want.

garciap77
12-14-2009, 01:24 PM

I'll take the BET! If I win! I want to take a picture with you and posted on the 3ADL. If you win! I'll wear a Snyder shirt at the Snyder vs Wylie football game next year!:D

95mustang
12-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I'll take the BET! If I win! I want to take a picture with you and posted on the 3ADL. If you win! I'll wear a Snyder shirt at the Snyder vs Wylie football game next year!:D

You know he will never go for that, he still thinks we don't know who he is.

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2009, 01:36 PM

Here you go gp77. :devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/BlackMagic.jpg

Black_Magic
12-14-2009, 01:38 PM
I'll take the BET! If I win! I want to take a picture with you and posted on the 3ADL. If you win! I'll wear a Snyder shirt at the Snyder vs Wylie football game next year!:D You ever see the comercial about the little kids and the guy asking them if they want a pony.. ( Bank comercial ) and then one kid gets a real pony and the other said " you didnt say I could have a Real pony " and the guy says " you didnt ask ". I was refering to 7th Girls A Basketball... ;) Still want to take it??

garciap77
12-14-2009, 01:42 PM
You ever see the comercial about the little kids and the guy asking them if they want a pony.. ( Bank comercial ) and then one kid gets a real pony and the other said " you didnt say I could have a Real pony " and the guy says " you didnt ask ". I was refering to 7th Girls A Basketball... ;) Still want to take it??

Yes, but if you win! I'll wear the shirt at the 7th football game!:D

Black_Magic
12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Yes, but if you win! I'll wear the shirt at the 7th football game!:D Season is almost half over. Its probly not fair. They beat Breck 50-0, Graham 58-6, Brownwood 62-16, and Wylie 49-26. Still want that action? Its your way out.

garciap77
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Season is almost half over. Its probly not fair. They beat Breck 50-0, Graham 58-6, Brownwood 62-16, and Wylie 49-26. Still want that action? Its your way out.

Lets change the bet! Wylie vs Snyder varsity football game this coming year! If I lose, I'll wear a Snyder shirt at the Sweetwater vs Wyie game! If you lose' you'll take a picture with me in your coaching uniform after the Wylie vs Snyder game and I get to post it on the 3ADL!:D

cr180t
12-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Have him Black Magic wear a Wylie shirt to the Snyder Wylie Football game. Now that would be a bet

garciap77
12-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Have him Black Magic wear a Wylie shirt to the Snyder Wylie Football game. Now that would be a bet

Would you let him wear the shirt if he lost?:D

cr180t
12-14-2009, 02:45 PM
No I would fire him. lol It would be quite the bet though.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2009, 02:49 PM
This really has nothing to do with this thread, but the talk of a T-Shirt reminded me about year before last.

We (hubby, myself, daughter and son-in-law) were going to see LH and Gilmer play...the same night as Snyder vs. Celina.

My SIL was confused as to what game we were going to and wore a Snyder shirt he had gotten after a touchdown... he wore his Snyder shirt proudly to the LH/Gilmer game!!:D :D

cr180t
12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
I always knew he was a good man.

garciap77
12-14-2009, 02:53 PM
No I would fire him. lol It would be quite the bet though.

:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Black_Magic
12-14-2009, 02:59 PM
No way the head coaches would do that .. would they?

garciap77
12-14-2009, 03:01 PM
No way the head coaches would do that .. would they?

Back Magic! Just post your picture and everything will be alright!:D

cr180t
12-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Some Times

Black_Magic
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Look. What your asking of me is way greater than your willing to do. YOU should have to Take your shirt off and get painted black and gold and sit in the Abilene wylie section.

DaHop72
12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Sure Okay, bet is made for Snyder-Sweetwater next year. The one you wear can look similar to this one:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/SweetwaterRed.jpg

Should I lose mine would say "ASUFrisbeeStud is my son" or the wording of your choosing.

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Okay, bet is made for Snyder-Sweetwater next year. The one you wear can look similar to this one:

Should I lose mine would say "ASUFrisbeeStud is my son" or the wording of your choosing.

I hate that picture and not just because of the shirt either. I look
drunker than hell and you look like you are trying to keep me from
falling over.:(

garciap77
12-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Look. What your asking of me is way greater than your willing to do. YOU should have to Take your shirt off and get painted black and gold and sit in the Abilene wylie section.

You got a bet! Wylie Varsity football team wins. You take a picture with me and it's posted on the 3ADL! Snyder wins. I get painted black and gold and sit in the Wylie section!

Or we can do what cr180t suggested, "Have him Black Magic wear a Wylie shirt to the Snyder Wylie Football game. Now that would be a bet"

garciap77
12-14-2009, 09:36 PM

I think you both look drunk!:D

statewide
12-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by mustang84
I really cant wait to see how much the Mustangs improve next year. I have seen the kids going thru coach Slaughters off season workout and believe me they will be stronger and faster when next season comes along. These kids started off season workouts the day after they turned in their pads and are really working hard. I am sure we will see lots of young guys playing up on the varsity to fill in for the lack of numbers we will have in the senior class. Two years from now coach Slaughter will have a offensive line that will be able to move the ball down the field. I have already seen first hand how much his workout program is strenghting the kids. I just hope that everyone here in town keeps the faith and stands behind him he is great with the kids and knows how to motivate them to play at their best and never give up. These younger players will be willing to play their hearts out for him and his staff. This is one of if not the best group of coaches around and they will turn this program back in to a winning program.

I will be pulling for the Mustangs next yeaas history shows they own West Texas football. Good luck next season. A lot to be said for not being outworked. Many games in December are won in the weight room in July.......

mlb04stangs
12-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I think the only pass they threw was on a 2 point conversion early in the game.. Might have been a 2nd one but I dont remember it.

I have a serious question for you Sweetwater guys. As AD, how is Slaughter in the other sports. Jackson had Sweetwater very good in football but you seemed to be the laughing stock in other sports. I agree that football rules but I hope Slaughter helps to build all sports in both the boys and girls programs.

(no offense intended)

I played for Sweetwater early in the decade and besides football we went to the regional finals in basketball twice and made the playoffs 3 years in a row in baseball winning 20 games two of those years so we weren't the laughing stock of anything when Jackson was here.

Black_Magic
12-15-2009, 10:00 AM
You got a bet! Wylie Varsity football team wins. You take a picture with me and it's posted on the 3ADL! Snyder wins. I get painted black and gold and sit in the Wylie section!

Or we can do what cr180t suggested, "Have him Black Magic wear a Wylie shirt to the Snyder Wylie Football game. Now that would be a bet" I dont think you understand the bet. The bet is Girls 7th A go undefeated in district. ... You sneek.:tisk:

Ranger Mom
12-15-2009, 10:04 AM

ROFL...that made me laugh!!!

garciap77
12-15-2009, 10:42 AM
I dont think you understand the bet. The bet is Girls 7th A go undefeated in district. ... You sneek.:tisk:

OK! Is this you?:)

Here you go gp77. :devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/BlackMagic.jpg

:D

Black_Magic
12-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Here I am a few years back... I cant believe its not butter.
http://www.murderati.com/storage/fabio_01.jpg