PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma 5A football

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Is weak lol

Saw some highlights of the 6A game and that looked pretty intense. Union and Jenks are good every year it seems like.

But this 5A game I'm watching is weak sauce, the elite 3A teams in Texas would ROLL both these guys.

bobcat4life
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Is weak lol

Saw some highlights of the 6A game and that looked pretty intense. Union and Jenks are good every year it seems like.

But this 5A game I'm watching is weak sauce, the elite 3A teams in Texas would ROLL both these guys.

these teams, by enrollment, would be 4a schools here. Im not sure how good they are, but the numbers would probaably catch up with the 3a teams and Im not sure if they would be able to beat the 5a schools

Twirling Time
12-11-2009, 05:56 PM
The bottom of Oklahoma's 5A would be middling 3A in Texas. The smallest 5A, Harrah, is 682. The top of 5A, Claremore, is 1255.

If Durant and Ardmore were in Texas, they'd be in a district with Gainesville, Whitesboro and Celina.

cshscougar08
12-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

I was at the 6A game. It was freezing. About 26 degrees at kickoff. I think most Texas 5As would beat up on Jenks and Union both. I would love to see some interstate games for both of them. Could be interesting.

trojan37
12-12-2009, 01:51 AM
High school football in any other state is weak compared to Texas.:D

Daddy D 11
12-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I was at the 6A game. It was freezing. About 26 degrees at kickoff. I think most Texas 5As would beat up on Jenks and Union both. I would love to see some interstate games for both of them. Could be interesting.

I know the two teams in the 5A game looked like average 3A Texas teams at best.

I would love to see Oklahoma and Texas agree every year to have atleast one of it's teams match up against each other. Base it only actual enrollment numbers and not A's.

Gilmer verse Union would be sick.

VWG
12-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Y'all hear about Jenks this year and their recruiting scandal?
And this was the first year in like 8-9 years that Jenks or Union wouldn't be playing for the state title, right?

Also, why if Jenks and Union are both Tulsa area schools don't they play each other BEFORE the state title game? (Meaning playoff game)
That just isn't right, how tow Tulsa area schools go through playoff brackets and can meet in the state title game. Should go west vs. east.

cshscougar08
12-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Y'all hear about Jenks this year and their recruiting scandal?
And this was the first year in like 8-9 years that Jenks or Union wouldn't be playing for the state title, right?

Also, why if Jenks and Union are both Tulsa area schools don't they play each other BEFORE the state title game? (Meaning playoff game)
That just isn't right, how tow Tulsa area schools go through playoff brackets and can meet in the state title game. Should go west vs. east.

Yeah their scandal would've been funnier if they had won state in spite of it. Show how weak the governing body of Oklahoma is. Either Union OR Jenks has been playing for the state title every year since 1998.

There aren't many 6A schools in Oklahoma. They only have enough playoff qualifiers to go four rounds deep. I'm still very very confused as to how they align districts and regions and such. They also play the same schedule every year pretty much. No deviation at all. It's a different world up here.

Rabid Cougar
12-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Yeah their scandal would've been funnier if they had won state in spite of it. Show how weak the governing body of Oklahoma is. Either Union OR Jenks has been playing for the state title every year since 1998.

There aren't many 6A schools in Oklahoma. They only have enough playoff qualifiers to go four rounds deep. I'm still very very confused as to how they align districts and regions and such. They also play the same schedule every year pretty much. No deviation at all. It's a different world up here.

Thats why 96% of Okie and Okie Light football players come from Texas!

bobcat4life
12-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
High school football in any other state is weak compared to Texas.:D
Not sure about that, California and Florida teams are both pretty freakin good