PDA

View Full Version : SMU Ford Fld parking - Sat Evening

dirtydan
12-11-2009, 09:21 AM
The GISD notice about 5.00 parking for Ford Fld has been changed to "5.00 parking for anywhere on SMU Campus".
{somebody's got to pay for W's library} Sources say the troopers are going to be thick, apparently they read the newspapers also, and know that three east texas schools are westbound on the superslab at about the same time. Hwy 80 might be a better route, plus the arrival time is about the same.

STANG RED
12-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I just heard SMU is putting on some big event that wont be over till 5 pm. That will have all the parking lots full, but will be trying to empty at the same time we are trying to get in. What a mess!
Thats why we're riding the rails in. I want no part of Dallas traffic under ideal conditions. And this sounds like far from ideal.

3afan
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM
DART!

waterboy
12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I just heard SMU is putting on some big event that wont be over till 5 pm. That will have all the parking lots full, but will be trying to empty at the same time we are trying to get in. What a mess!
Thats why we're riding the rails in. I want no part of Dallas traffic under ideal conditions. And this sounds like far from ideal.
I heard that rumor, too. Is it true?:confused:

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
That's why you guys should have had the game in Waco at Baylor:D No traffic problems here!

STANG RED
12-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Ive checked the Trinity Railway schedule from Ft. Worth (T&P Station) to Dallas (Union Station). And the DART schedule from Union Station to Mockingbird Station (SMU).
It takes 1 hour to ride from T&P to Union station. And 16 minutes from Union to Mockingbird station.
Last TRE (Trinity Railway) train leaving Union Station back to T&P, leaves at 10:20 pm, and takes 1 hour. Lots of parking at T&P.

From Union to Mockingbird, you can take either the Blue or Red line trains, that run every 20 to 30 minutes.
Here are the latest two, that will get back to Union, in time to catch the train back to Ft. Worth (T&P)
Red line leaves Mockingbird at 9:34 - gets to Union at 9:50
Blue line leaves Mockingbird at 9:52 - gets to Union at 10:08

With the game starting at 6, there should be plenty of celebrating or crying time with the team, and still be able to catch the last train back to Ft. Worth.

ccmom
12-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
That's why you guys should have had the game in Waco at Baylor:D No traffic problems here!

The Eagles are playing there tomorrow!! Go Birds!! :clap: :clap:

That would be a great game to check out Daddy D. Abilene High is GOOD!

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Ive checked the Trinity Railway schedule from Ft. Worth (T&P Station) to Dallas (Union Station). And the DART schedule from Union Station to Mockingbird Station (SMU).
It takes 1 hour to ride from T&P to Union station. And 16 minutes from Union to Mockingbird station.
Last TRE (Trinity Railway) train leaving Union Station back to T&P, leaves at 10:20 pm, and takes 1 hour. Lots of parking at T&P.

From Union to Mockingbird, you can take either the Blue or Red line trains, that run every 20 to 30 minutes.
Here are the latest two, that will get back to Union, in time to catch the train back to Ft. Worth (T&P)
Red line leaves Mockingbird at 9:34 - gets to Union at 9:50
Blue line leaves Mockingbird at 9:52 - gets to Union at 10:08

With the game starting at 6, there should be plenty of celebrating or crying time with the team, and still be able to catch the last train back to Ft. Worth.

I just hope this doesn't turn into one of your train stories. :eek: :D

squid
12-11-2009, 05:04 PM
DART is a cluster. I wouldnt trust them to get anywhere on time. I'll take my chances in my own vehicle......

Emerson1
12-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by squid
DART is a cluster. I wouldnt trust them to get anywhere on time. I'll take my chances in my own vehicle......
Not true.

There might be a couple minutes delay here and there, but you aren't going to be stuck on the Dart for hours and miss the game. I'd hope you are trying to get to the game a few hours early anyways...

wyliefan
12-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Checked out the SMU calendar, and there was only one event on the calendar for Saturday. I know school is already out, so there should be plenty of parking around the dorms and other parking lots.

Events for Saturday, December 12, 2009

6:30 PM - 7:20 PM Cecilia Daskas Junior Piano

STANG RED
12-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I just hope this doesn't turn into one of your train stories. :eek: :D

:D Actually I've never had a bad train story. I think your thinking of my 4 hour trek around the worst parts of San Antonio on the city bus. :eek: Now thats an experience I'm sure I'm not brave enough to try again.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh! That's right. :doh:

Remind me to tell you a short story about me stopping at a convenince store
on my way through SA a few weekends ago tomorrow. :eek:

skins4life
12-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Yea, I have one of those too!!:eek:

In the "WRONG" side of town. :eek:

I think they call it "the Barrio"

Didn't stay long!!

Antec
12-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Didn't feel safe riding the bus in SA either about 7 years ago

Went from around the Alamo to the market place

It was packed and very weird individuals hanging around-But it was daylight still I can imagine what's it like after dark

BDB
12-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Anyone know what time the gates open?

Ranger Mom
12-11-2009, 11:09 PM
We plan on trying to find a place to park....I think I have just opened myself up to a NIGHTMARE!!!!:doh:

ccmom
12-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by BDB
Anyone know what time the gates open? I was told the gates into the stadium open at 4:30, but now I can't remember where I heard that. :doh:

Matthew328
12-12-2009, 01:04 AM
train has been nothin but good to me...I highly recommend taking the train in from FW if you are coming from the west....

3afan
12-12-2009, 07:43 AM

i've never had a problem with DART

except once I left my binoculars on the train :mad: :doh:

squid
12-12-2009, 09:04 AM
guess its just personal experiences, I've never had a good experience with DART. That, and I have a buddy that works for them. He even says to avoid them if you're in a hurry on the weekends. I like my Yukon, and it fits in Chuy's parking lot better than a train will.....

BDB
12-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Yep, paper this morning says gate opens at 4:30.

3afan
12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
guess its just personal experiences, I've never had a good experience with DART. That, and I have a buddy that works for them. He even says to avoid them if you're in a hurry on the weekends. I like my Yukon, and it fits in Chuy's parking lot better than a train will.....

thats a 1.25 mile walk - have fun!