PDA

View Full Version : Burnet over Midland Christian 66-14

bd0707
09-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Shipley is 2td's away from record, Did anyone get his total yards for tonight?

Chris Hart
09-19-2003, 10:37 PM
The final score ended up 66-19.I don't know any of the final stats for the game, but we looked pretty good. It was 59-14 at the half. The depth players got alot of action tonight. A few busted plays put Midland Christian on the board, one going for 97 yds. I don't think Burnet threw but a few passes after the 1st quarter, but the ground game kept putting up the scores. After Midland Christian losing some players to Midland High, they just didn't look anywhere as good as their last year's team. I will give their fans some credit, there was more of them representing their team, than Killeen Shoemaker and Austin Reagan had when they visited Burnet, and Midland is about 5 hours away. I am really looking forward to the matchup with Marlin next week. Go Bulldogs!

<small>[ September 19, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

jason
09-19-2003, 10:39 PM
one word...WOW

<small>[ September 19, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

pirate4state
09-19-2003, 10:40 PM
eek! WOW!!!!!!

pakrat
09-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Big WOW, as in BOW WOW WOW, Burnet Bulldogs!

Rabbit'93
09-19-2003, 10:53 PM
It was Midland Christian for cryin out loud. wink

The Guru
09-19-2003, 11:05 PM
It was also 35-7 after the 1st.

Burnet Dawg06
09-19-2003, 11:09 PM
I thought the final score was 66-19....??

bd0707
09-19-2003, 11:14 PM
06 I left early in the 3rd 66-19 is correct, Did MC get a field goal and a saftey to pick up 5 more points?

GTFOOTBALL#79
09-19-2003, 11:55 PM
AGAIN I SAY AGAIN WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF MARLIN. WATCH OUT MARLIN, THE COACHING STAFF WILL BE PREPARED AND SO WILL THE KIDS. THE DAWGS ARE OFF TO A GREAT START AND IT BRINGS BACK WONDERFUL MEMORIES.

THIS IS HOW WE DO
EDDY PARKER

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Hats off to you Burnet.....you rule!! Way to go!!!

bd0707
09-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks gtfootball#79, let the Burnet bashing begin.

letsgo
09-20-2003, 01:43 AM
What I dont understand is why Burnet had to take out there 1st team defense sure they were ahead by a bunch but i sure do like seeing those kids play and they need to get there stats up bc you know for sure that when it comes distric time they really arent going to get to play very much so they need all the stat busters they can get. But very good jobs on both side of the ball tonight boys.

jason
09-20-2003, 01:47 AM
letsgo:
What I dont understand is why Burnet had to take out there 1st team defense sure they were ahead by a bunch but i sure do like seeing those kids play and they need to get there stats up bc you know for sure that when it comes distric time they really arent going to get to play very much so they need all the stat busters they can get. But very good jobs on both side of the ball tonight boys.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HotDawg89
09-20-2003, 11:15 AM
I got where you were going with that letsgo...and it is funny! However in all honesty, I really thought our big guns should have been taken out after the first quarter. It was just sad the way we did those kids. And they came so far for this game. Those boys from MC showed a lot of class, think of how hard it must have been for them to come out in hte second half...and the people that traveled for the game were very nice! I think this game was used as an opportunity to get Shipley closer to those records. It worked, but it was a little unnecessary in my opinion. A lot of Burnet fans might disagree with me on this, and that is okay- it is just my opinion.

CentralTxFan
09-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Hotdawg, I think you are right. Starters should have been taken out after the first quarter. The game was lopsided enough. A win is a win is a win. Midland has some really good atheletes on their team. How about that run back for a touchdown by that one kid? SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT! And to think Jordan came out of nowhere and caught up to him, only to late. Even the burnet stands cheered for that kid when he got the touchdown. That says alot about the Burnet fans, don't you think?

BuRnEtBaLlEr04
09-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Burnet cant be stopped. im ready for marlin i know they wont be bring there best b/c of hurt players but its going to be a good game!!!!!

im on the field next week marlin so watch out! :D

HotDawg89
09-20-2003, 07:03 PM
CentralTxFan:
Midland has some really good atheletes on their team. How about that run back for a touchdown by that one kid? SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT! And to think Jordan came out of nowhere and caught up to him, only to late. Even the burnet stands cheered for that kid when he got the touchdown. That says alot about the Burnet fans, don't you think?Honestly, I wasn't cheering for the kid when I cheered after that touchdown, I was cheering for Jordan...HE FINALLY CAUGHT HIM! hahahaha. That game was just sad- I mean really. We had an unfair advantage, and we took it for all it was worth. I just know that personally, I was sad for them. That is the first opponent we've ever played that I felt that way. From what I undersatnd, they had MANY kids that were starters, leave that school this year and begin attending public schools. Also, the team is very young. I wish them the best!

CentralTxFan
09-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Any word on the kid who was "injured" from MC? Did he just get the wind knocked out of him or something more serious?