PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy December Problems

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Do you blame Wade Phillips?

Trashman
12-10-2009, 09:57 AM
It's Jerrys fault; he is captain of this sinking ship, lets throw him overboard and get someone else.:D

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
It's Jerrys fault; he is captain of this sinking ship, lets throw him overboard and get someone else.:D

Brad McCoy should be in charge:D

STANG RED
12-10-2009, 11:17 AM
There is plenty of blame to go around. Their a team, and they have all failed to perform at a high enough level to win. The head coach is just one peice of that failure. So I voted yes. But he is not totally to blame.

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I dont think he is totally to blame because the Dec. issue started WELL before him.

IMO the DEC issues are more a sel fufilling prophecy than anything else.

For all the talk about how bad Wade is, the great Bill Parcells COULD NOT WIN in Dec with this team either

GrTigers6
12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
No the december issue has been around since the late 90's. Its a mental thing. If the media wouldn't bring it up every year then I think it would disappear. of course until they change that fact the media will continue to use it as news. So they just need to find a solution. Whatever that may be.

BDB
12-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Its a mental thing.

If this statement is true, then the players are not professionals!!

hookandladder
12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BDB
If this statement is true, then the players are not professionals!!

If Dallas loses Sunday, like it or not the loss will be put on Romo. On this team the QB has to be the leader, ESPN guy's talked about how Stafford went back in with his injury and threw the game winning TD a couple of weeks ago. All said with what he did right there proved he is and will become a great leader that his teamates will feed off him, Romo needs to step up and become the leader of this team if not the Dec. blues will continue.

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If Dallas loses Sunday, like it or not the loss will be put on Romo. On this team the QB has to be the leader, ESPN guy's talked about how Stafford went back in with his injury and threw the game winning TD a couple of weeks ago. All said with what he did right there proved he is and will become a great leader that his teamates will feed off him, Romo needs to step up and become the leader of this team if not the Dec. blues will continue.

If Romo has a game like he did agianst the Giants and Dallas loses and people try to blame him for it then it shows that those people for whatever reason truly are biased agianst Romo

Old Tiger
12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
1. Tony Romo
2. Wade Phillips
3. Jason Garrett

SintonPirateFan
12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
1. Tony Romo
2. Wade Phillips
3. Jason Garrett

4. Flozell Adams

Old Tiger
12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
4. Flozell Adams I figured he was obligatory

SintonPirateFan
12-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I figured he was obligatory :2thumbsup

Maroon87
12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If Romo has a game like he did agianst the Giants and Dallas loses and people try to blame him for it then it shows that those people for whatever reason truly are biased agianst Romo

:iagree:

GrTigers6
12-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by BDB
If this statement is true, then the players are not professionals!! There is no other explaination

Keith7
12-10-2009, 05:08 PM
It's not Phillips' fault, they sucked in december before he got to dalless..

I think cowgirl fans just need to face the facts. their team is cursed with being perennially crappy and maybe its time to find a new bandwagon to jump on.. we all know how texas fans love to do that

sinfan75
12-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Bottom line is they're worn out, and don't have the conditioning to play good football come December.Bring in a coach Like jimmy Johnson and you'll see em be champs again.

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Bottom line is they're worn out, and don't have the conditioning to play good football come December.Bring in a coach Like jimmy Johnson and you'll see em be champs again.

So explain that same problem under Parcells who is all about conditioning and old school

sinfan75
12-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Parcells didn't have the players when he started and when he did get em and started winning, he retired.

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Parcells didn't have the players when he started and when he did get em and started winning, he retired.

It is not like there has been a complete overhaul of the team since Parcells left.

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Parcels took over a horrible team and built a pretty talented team. He had his issues and appeared to have lost his edge at times but about the time he got the team talented enough to win, he stepped down. I don't think it has a thing to do with Xs & Os. It's all about attitude and preparation. Wade is a baby in a mans body and I honestly believe the players like him but don't respect or fear him. Jerry has tied his hands and taken away what little mojo he ever had. Even Garrett walks all over Wade. I think the players are just like me and they see Wade as the little fat kid in A League of Their Own. (Stillwell Baby)! Running around pestering the players on his dads football team with chocolate dripping off his chin and snot running from his nose.

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Part Two of the problem in my opinion is that Romo is basically nowhere near as good as he been told he is in Dallas via the huge contract and the organization annointing him the savior. He was a second tier player in high school, college and could not even sniff the field for his first 4 years in the league. If not for Parcels and his "project" mentality Romo would not even be playing in the NFL right now. Even with Parcel's love of taking a nobody and turning them into a somebody Romo was basically "GONE" until Carter showed his true nature. So in a single season Romo went from essentually not being able to hold down the third QB spot on this team to being the 3rd highest paid QB in the NFL. It all went to his head and now he thinks he's qualified to tell media people who have been covering the NFL for 30 years how the cow ate the cabbage about football. It's tragic!

Maroon87
12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
You know who's really getting a free pass right now? The Steelers. If Dallas had lost 5 straight, including to the Browns (:eek: ) NFL Live would have an hour long special to talk about it.:hand:

Farmersfan
12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
You know who's really getting a free pass right now? The Steelers. If Dallas had lost 5 straight, including to the Browns (:eek: ) NFL Live would have an hour long special to talk about it.:hand:

Yea! What's happened to that team?