PDA

View Full Version : UIL Just Does It, Partners with Nike

kepdawg
12-09-2009, 02:50 PM
UIL partners with Nike (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/db/press_release_detail.lasso?-Search=Action&-Table=table&-Database=press_releases&-KeyValue=365)

NateDawg39
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
UIL partners with Nike (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/db/press_release_detail.lasso?-Search=Action&-Table=table&-Database=press_releases&-KeyValue=365) :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-09-2009, 02:55 PM
So does this mean it'll be easier for all the high schools in the state of Texas to have access to Nike merchandise and that the UIL reps will be outfitted in Nike at UIL sanctioned events such as state tournaments and track meets?

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
So does this mean it'll be easier for all the high schools in the state of Texas to have access to Nike merchandise and that the UIL reps will be outfitted in Nike at UIL sanctioned events such as state tournaments and track meets?

Looks that way. Maybe now LH will finally get some flashy new uniforms!

NateDawg39
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
So does this mean it'll be easier for all the high schools in the state of Texas to have access to Nike merchandise and that the UIL reps will be outfitted in Nike at UIL sanctioned events such as state tournaments and track meets? I bet that uniforms will be a little cheaper but not to cheap. Though with more high school athletic teams than any other state, I would think a reduced price would mean a large number of schools will be wearing the nike brand by 2011. Sounds like a match for the ages

NateDawg39
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Looks that way. Maybe now LH will finally get some flashy new uniforms! :doh: just as long as nobody wants to have the combat uni styles ...to many Oregon's is bad business

LHexPlayer
12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks that way. Maybe now LH will finally get some flashy new uniforms!

You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. Our jerseys look like pajamas for crying out loud. Especially as the game goes on and they get wet and stretched out. Although I still won't hold my breath on us getting anything new.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. Our jerseys look like pajamas for crying out loud. Especially as the game goes on and they get wet and stretched out. Although I still won't hold my breath on us getting anything new.

Hey I love the look, but just get a tighter fitting jersey. That's what Nike brings to the table. All Nike stuff hugs the pads better than Russell. Maybe get some white pants to go with the away jerseys?!:clap:

Always thought having the traditional all purple look for home games and then switching to the all white look for away games would look better than wearing the purple pants for both:speech:

LHexPlayer
12-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey I love the look, but just get a tighter fitting jersey. That's what Nike brings to the table. All Nike stuff hugs the pads better than Russell. Maybe get some white pants to go with the away jerseys?!:clap:

Always thought having the traditional all purple look for home games and then switching to the all white look for away games would look better than wearing the purple pants for both:speech:

I completely agree with the tighter fit and the white pants for away. I would like to see a black jersey with purple pants for home or a purple jersey with black pants for home. I'm not a fan of the all purple look.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Everyone wears black now a days. It's getting old lol

I want to see more gold in the uniform. After all the school colors are purple AND gold.

Twirling Time
12-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Nike will have to sponsor someone once it drops Tiger like a hot rock.

Old Tiger
12-10-2009, 12:17 PM

Always thought having the traditional all purple look for home games and then switching to the all white look for away games would look better than wearing the purple pants for both:speech: Just think if yall get tighter fitting jerseys your players wont' look as big therefore eliminating the intimidation factor!

LHexPlayer
12-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Just think if yall get tighter fitting jerseys your players wont' look as big therefore eliminating the intimidation factor!

We had an intimidation factor?

dawg4life
12-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Case McCoy is the biggest intimidation.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Just think if yall get tighter fitting jerseys your players wont' look as big therefore eliminating the intimidation factor!

HAHA good one:clap:

Emerson1
12-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Celina would be the only team suffering from loss of intimidation factor. I don't see many nike uniforms stretched over the neck things.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Celina would be the only team suffering from loss of intimidation factor. I don't see many nike uniforms stretched over the neck things.

HAHA. They actually switched to Nike this year, I was looking at some pics a couple weeks ago and the nike uniforms looked a little sharper for sure. From the pics I saw they looked to have gotten rid of those god awful bobcats socks as well lol

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Actually.....we are getting new jerseys. :p (I have no clue what style or brand, but my "source" said they will be different than what we've had.)

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Maybe get some white pants to go with the away jerseys?!:clap:
I vote "nay" on the white pants. :p Have you ever seen what happens when you wash white pants with colored jerseys? :eek:

LHexPlayer
12-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Actually.....we are getting new jerseys. :p (I have no clue what style or brand, but my "source" said they will be different than what we've had.)

Glad to hear that LHPM. I new look would be nice.

Old Tiger
12-10-2009, 08:25 PM
I vote "nay" on the white pants. :p Have you ever seen what happens when you wash white pants with colored jerseys? :eek: Very racist.

scrub c
12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Nike gonna have to come up with some more colors...

For years, if you wanted Aggie Maroon, you better had been Texas AM, or else you would get cardinal.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Very racist.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

RPF2666
12-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Nike just needed a replacement for Tiger!;)

OldNavy
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Nike just needed a replacement for Tiger!;)

Don't know why, Tiger "Just Does IT!"

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I vote "nay" on the white pants. :p Have you ever seen what happens when you wash white pants with colored jerseys? :eek:

Wash two separate loads. Come on women, you should know these things:eek: :kiss: :devil: