PDA

View Full Version : Some good lyrics... Gallo Del Cielo

Gobbla2001
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
heard this song on Sirius this morning while driving to work...

first heard it by Joe Ely, but today's version was by Tom Russell, who actually penned the song... real good story song...

Gallo Del Cielo

Carlos Zaragoza left his home in Casas
Grandes when the moon was full
No money in his pocket,
just a locket of his sister framed in gold
He rode into El Sueco,
stole a rooster called Gallo Del Cielo
Then he swam the Rio Grande
with that fighter nestled
deep beneath his arm.

El Gallo Del Cielo was a rooster born in heaven
so the legends say
His wings they had been broken,
he had one eye rollin' crazy in his head
And he'd fought a hundred fights,
and the legends say
that one night near El Sueco
They'd fought Gallo seven times,
and seven times he'd
left brave roosters dead

Hola, my Theresa,
I am thinking of you now in San Antonio
I have 27 dollars and the good luck
of your picture framed in gold
Tonight I'll put it all
on the fighting spurs of Gallo Del Cielo
And then I'll return to buy the land
Villa stole from father long ago.

Outside of San Diego,
in the onion fields of Paco Monteverde
The Pride of San Diego lay sleeping
on a fancy bed of silk
And they laughed when Zaragoza
pulled the one-eyed del Cielo from beneath his coat
But they cried when Zaragoza walked away
with a thousand dollar bill.

Hola, my Theresa,
I am thinking of you now in Santa Barbara
I have fifteen hundred dollars
and the good luck of your picture framed in gold
Tonight I'll put it all on the fighting spurs of Gallo Del Cielo
And then I'll return to buy the land

Now the moon has gone to hiding
and the lantern light spills shadows on a fighting sand
Where a wicked black named Zorro
faces Gallo del Cielo in the night
But Carlos Zaragoza fears the tiny crack
that runs across his rooster's beak
And he fears he has lost the fifty thousand dollars
riding on the fight

Hola, my Theresa,
I am thinking of you now in Santa Clara
Yes, the money's on the table,
I am holding to your good luck framed in gold
And everything we've dreamed of is riding
on the spurs of Del Cielo
I pray that I'll return to buy the land

Then the signal it was given,
and the cocks rose together far above the sand
El Gallo del Cielo sunk a gaff
into Zorro's shiny breast
They were separated quickly but they rose and fought
each other thirty seven times
And the legends say that everyone agreed
that del Cielo fought the best.

Then the screams of Zaragoza
filled the night outside the town of Santa Clara
As the beak of del Cielo lay broken
like a shell within his hand
And they say that Zaragoza screamed
a curse upon the bones of Pancho Villa
When Zorro rose up one last time
and drove del Cielo through the sand.

Hola, my Theresa,
I am thinking of you now in San Francisco
I have no money in my pocket,
I no longer have your good luck framed in gold
I buried it last evening
with the bones of my beloved Del Cielo
And I'll not return to buy the land
Villa stole from father long ago

Do the rivers still run muddy
out/side of my beloved Casas Grandes

Does the scar upon my brother's face
turn red when he hears mention of my name
Do the people of El Sueco
curse the theft of Gallo del Cielo
Well, tell my family not to worry,
I will not return to cause them shame.

---

bad-freakin-ass

G'day

big daddy russ
12-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Haven't heard that song in a looooong time. Great tune, I need to buy that CD.

Gobbla2001
12-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Speaking of good music, and lyrics I suppose, Outlaw Country on Sirius spun this on my way to Victoria the other day

Joe Ely - Miss Bonnie and Mister Clyde (another great story-telling song)
Jason Eady - Cane River Blues (believe it's orginally an Adam Carroll song)
Some random song that I liked
Charlie Daniels - Long-haired Country Boy (love it)
Hayes Carll - Little Rock (great song)

was a nice drive with that music playing...

Daddy D 11
12-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Love Hayes Carll.

I got playlist in my itunes that I throw in for trips out to the ranch and it looks a little something like this:

Lyle Lovett- if i had a boat, she aint no lady and no one knows me.
Blaze Foley- too many songs to list. love that guy!
Bob Schneider
Bruce Robison- he's my favorite, see him atleast 3 times a year
Corey Smith
Allman Brothers
Jerry Jeff
Dylan- hurricane
Eleven Hundred Springs- prolly my #2 favorite group
Ryan Bingham- southside of heavan, wishing well, tell momma i miss her so, sunrise, snake eyes
Paul Eason
Hayes Carll- down the road tonight, girl downtown and whatever else. I got 3 of his albums.

That's about it. And I must admit, Gobbla I saw your quote a couple weeks ago about Terry Allen and looked him up and he's in there too haha Like him alot.

But those are all my favorites, that right there is good music

big daddy russ
12-10-2009, 12:48 AM
You fellas have some good taste in music.

IHStangFan
12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Haven't heard that song in a looooong time. Great tune, I need to buy that CD. Same here....haven't heard that one in years!!

carter08
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm gonna holler and I'm gonna scream
I'm gonna get me some mescaline.

Gobbla2001
12-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Love Hayes Carll.

I got playlist in my itunes that I throw in for trips out to the ranch and it looks a little something like this:

Lyle Lovett- if i had a boat, she aint no lady and no one knows me.
Blaze Foley- too many songs to list. love that guy!
Bob Schneider
Bruce Robison- he's my favorite, see him atleast 3 times a year
Corey Smith
Allman Brothers
Jerry Jeff
Dylan- hurricane
Eleven Hundred Springs- prolly my #2 favorite group
Ryan Bingham- southside of heavan, wishing well, tell momma i miss her so, sunrise, snake eyes
Paul Eason
Hayes Carll- down the road tonight, girl downtown and whatever else. I got 3 of his albums.

That's about it. And I must admit, Gobbla I saw your quote a couple weeks ago about Terry Allen and looked him up and he's in there too haha Like him alot.

But those are all my favorites, that right there is good music

used to couldn't stand him, but as my musical tastes have developed (aka: Improved) over the past 8 or so years, Lyle has climbed up a lot... love most of his stuff...

Will have to check out Blaze Foley, but if he's anything like his cousin, Matt Foley the motivational speaker, I'm sure I'll love him..

Lost a couple of Bob Schneider cds, he's got some good stuff...

Bruce Robison, great song-writer, don't listen to him too much but for sure appreciate his contributions to good music in Viet-Nashville/Nash Vegas (Travelin' Soldier, Angry all the Time, Wrapped etc...)...

Will have to look into Corey Smith

Allman Brothers... 'nuff said

Jerry Jeff... great to listen to the roots of Texas Music/Redneck Rock

Dylan... gotta love some Dylan... Subterranian Homesick Blues "Don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows"

A no longer existing station had just started spinning Eleven Hundred Springs in Victoria just before the station closed it's doors... was diggin' it, need to get their stuff... had a semi-cover of Doug Sahm's "Juan Mendoza" I enjoyed...

Ryan Bingham... thank God he came along... southside of heaven, bread and water

Paul Eason... have heard good things, need to actually hear him (may have just can't remember)

Just love Hayes Carll's style... "Michael Jackson peaked at Thriller" ha...

And thumbs up to Terry Allen... another great guy to listen to for the history of our music...

Gobbla2001
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
You fellas have some good taste in music.

Damn right... with folks like us not relying on country-cliches-ridden country-pop tunes written for "8th grade-level divorced housewives" (- Houston Marchman), there may be hope for music yet :thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
12-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I'm gonna holler and I'm gonna scream
I'm gonna get me some mescaline.

Wine bottles scattered like last nights clothes
cigarettes, papers, and dominoes
she laughs for a minute about the shape I'm in
Says "You be the sinner honey, I'll be the sin."

love that line...

Daddy D 11
12-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Blaze Foley is greatness. Got that stuff from my dad. From the time I was 10 I've loved Lyle:thumbsup:

big daddy russ
12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
used to couldn't stand him, but as my musical tastes have developed (aka: Improved) over the past 8 or so years, Lyle has climbed up a lot... love most of his stuff...

Will have to check out Blaze Foley, but if he's anything like his cousin, Matt Foley the motivational speaker, I'm sure I'll love him..

Lost a couple of Bob Schneider cds, he's got some good stuff...

Bruce Robison, great song-writer, don't listen to him too much but for sure appreciate his contributions to good music in Viet-Nashville/Nash Vegas (Travelin' Soldier, Angry all the Time, Wrapped etc...)...

Will have to look into Corey Smith

Allman Brothers... 'nuff said

Jerry Jeff... great to listen to the roots of Texas Music/Redneck Rock

Dylan... gotta love some Dylan... Subterranian Homesick Blues "Don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows"

A no longer existing station had just started spinning Eleven Hundred Springs in Victoria just before the station closed it's doors... was diggin' it, need to get their stuff... had a semi-cover of Doug Sahm's "Juan Mendoza" I enjoyed...

Ryan Bingham... thank God he came along... southside of heaven, bread and water

Paul Eason... have heard good things, need to actually hear him (may have just can't remember)

Just love Hayes Carll's style... "Michael Jackson peaked at Thriller" ha...

And thumbs up to Terry Allen... another great guy to listen to for the history of our music...
Yeah, Lovett's a complete change of pace from most Texas Music. Definitely takes influences from jazz, big band, and blues more than others. Personally, I love him, but he may take a while to grow on someone who's used to guys like Jerry Jeff, Billy Joe, and Lyle's college roommate. I actually played "She's no Lady" at my wedding as one of the main songs we danced to. :D

And I'm loving that you're both into the old-school and "getting-there" school. The Robison Brothers will go down as pioneers in the genre. Charlie was the first Texas artist of this new generation to break the ice (and monotony) in Nashville and Bruce has turned in a very nice career as a talented songwriter and married a smokin' hot and equally-talented wife.

Can't love Texas music without Carll, Terry Allen, Jerry Jeff, and the like. Carll's a bit newer than the others, but he's been around the scene long enough to be at the forefront of Texas Music. It's too bad it took so long for him to get a record deal.

And Eleven Hundred Springs... another name I haven't heard in years. I never knew whether to classify them as pure Texas or Red Dirt or what. I always wanted to call them Red Dirt, but they're not from Okie. Great band. Wish there were still more of those bands around. The Great Divide broke up and came back with a new (inferior, but sober) lead singer, you have to own Jimmy LaFave CD's in order to listen to him, and I haven't heard from the Red Dirt Rangers in a long time. But at least you can still catch some old school Leon Russell on the radio. Ahhhh, the guys that broke the ice for Cross Canadian and Jason Boland. This side of Carrie Underwood (mmmmmm, delicious), that music's the best thing that Oklahoma ever produced. Props to our little brothers up north.

Don't know anything about Foley, Eason, Schneider or Corey Smith, but judging by ya'll's taste in music maybe I should.

big daddy russ
12-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Same here....haven't heard that one in years!!
B, were you there with us at Coleto that night that 98.7 came on air? Gallo del Cielo was one of the songs played.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, Lovett's a complete change of pace from most Texas Music. Definitely takes influences from jazz, big band, and blues more than others. Personally, I love him, but he may take a while to grow on someone who's used to guys like Jerry Jeff, Billy Joe, and Lyle's college roommate. I actually played "She's no Lady" at my wedding as one of the main songs we danced to. :D

And I'm loving that you're both into the old-school and "getting-there" school. The Robison Brothers will go down as pioneers in the genre. Charlie was the first Texas artist of this new generation to break the ice (and monotony) in Nashville and Bruce has turned in a very nice career as a talented songwriter and married a smokin' hot and equally-talented wife.

Can't love Texas music without Carll, Terry Allen, Jerry Jeff, and the like. Carll's a bit newer than the others, but he's been around the scene long enough to be at the forefront of Texas Music. It's too bad it took so long for him to get a record deal.

And Eleven Hundred Springs... another name I haven't heard in years. I never knew whether to classify them as pure Texas or Red Dirt or what. I always wanted to call them Red Dirt, but they're not from Okie. Great band. Wish there were still more of those bands around. The Great Divide broke up and came back with a new (inferior, but sober) lead singer, you have to own Jimmy LaFave CD's in order to listen to him, and I haven't heard from the Red Dirt Rangers in a long time. But at least you can still catch some old school Leon Russell on the radio. Ahhhh, the guys that broke the ice for Cross Canadian and Jason Boland. This side of Carrie Underwood (mmmmmm, delicious), that music's the best thing that Oklahoma ever produced. Props to our little brothers up north.

Don't know anything about Foley, Eason, Schneider or Corey Smith, but judging by ya'll's taste in music maybe I should.

I saw Bruce at nutty brown this summer and the table behind us was his wife (kelly willis) and kids. And Bruce sat there and talked to me and my aunt the entire time the opening band played. SUCH a great guy. I just love that they're both from Bandera and keep it so close to their roots.

Eason is pretty good, only 2 songs I really love from him are mountains of nuevo leon and san marcos.
Corey Smith is out there and isn't from Texas but man I like his voice. One of those different sounds that either you love or hate.

Schneider is just the man in Austin. If you want to jam out big time than pop some of that in.

Blaze Foley to me is an Austin legend that isn't talked about enough. If you google him I'm sure you'd find out he was shot and killed getting his mail some years back. But man that boy can pick it. His songs are the real deal. Half his songs bring tears to your eyes.

And 1100 springs, man I remember I was like 11 when that single "why you been gone so long" came out and I heard it on KVET and instantly loved em. Mom got me that CD the next year for christmas and I follow em everywhere now. Saw em in Austin this summer at Hills and sweet baby jesus it was a good time! I danced for hours (with my mom) lol she loved it. Haven't gotten to see her drunk in years! :p 1100 springs is just good ol fashioned music, i got 3 of their albums and their always in my cd changer!

Daddy D 11
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
She hates my momma
She hates my daddy too
she loves to tell me, she hates the things i do

she's no lady she's my wife.

love that song!

friend of the devil is a friend of mine is a great song too.

BDR, only song from the great divide i know is yesterday road.

Gobbla2001
12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Actually my latesy signature was inspired by the Red Dirt Rangers song "Psychedelic Cowboy" about Doug Sahm... I heard it on Sirius the other day... I had forgotten all about Doug Sahm and I'm ashamed of that...

And Daddy D 11, can't believe I forgot who exactly Blaze Foley was... still haven't heard his music but have read about him in some Townes-related writings...

As for The Great Divide, was probably the first Red Dirt/Texas Music band I can recall the time and place of hearing for the first time... Canyon Lake, 1998... we were going to the store to gas up the jet-skis when my older cousin popped that in... remember it like it was yesterday "Bar-maid play me some Buffet"...

Speaking of Mark McClure, saw him and his band at River Road Icehouse on River Road, NB a few years back (funny, first time I heard him on a CD was about 10 miles away)... he was drunk... he was high... he was just messed up... they managed to sound good... but he broke a crowd-goer's camera intentionally so the personal respect went down... but he is damn good musically...

I'm forgetting too many... but this thread will be here when I 'member...

Gobbla2001
12-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Speaking of this, does anyone remember the Jerry Jeff "Don't Mess With Texas" commercial from back in the day... I wasn't even 10 yet, probably not even 8 but I do remember...

"Don't ya mess with Texas, friend
don't ya make me say it again
when you're messin' with Texas
you're messing with a friend of mine.........

think about it, Darlin'"

Gobbla2001
12-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Speaking of Mark McClure

And that'd be MIKE...

Daddy D 11
12-10-2009, 09:24 PM
"Bar-maid play me some Buffet"...

I'm in the mood to get away..

big daddy russ
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
She hates my momma
She hates my daddy too
she loves to tell me, she hates the things i do

she's no lady she's my wife.

love that song!

friend of the devil is a friend of mine is a great song too.

BDR, only song from the great divide i know is yesterday road.
Great song. It's hard for me not to like a Lyle Lovett song, and that may be my favorite. "Friend of the Devil is a Friend of Mine" is also phenomenal.

You should check out The Great Divide's early stuff when they still had Mike McClure. He left somewhere in the early-2000's... 2003, maybe... but he cut plenty of music before then. One of those self-destructive types that was just always messed up and had as many problems as he had talent.

Personally, I loved the "Afterglow" (http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-Rogers-Sessions-Great-Divide/dp/B000051XZN/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1260509127&sr=1-6) " album, but you can't go wrong with any of them. One of my favorite songs, "Out of Here Tonight," was on that album. Great road-tripping song.

big daddy russ
12-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Actually my latesy signature was inspired by the Red Dirt Rangers song "Psychedelic Cowboy" about Doug Sahm... I heard it on Sirius the other day... I had forgotten all about Doug Sahm and I'm ashamed of that...

As for The Great Divide, was probably the first Red Dirt/Texas Music band I can recall the time and place of hearing for the first time... Canyon Lake, 1998... we were going to the store to gas up the jet-skis when my older cousin popped that in... remember it like it was yesterday "Bar-maid play me some Buffet"...

Speaking of Mark McClure, saw him and his band at River Road Icehouse on River Road, NB a few years back (funny, first time I heard him on a CD was about 10 miles away)... he was drunk... he was high... he was just messed up... they managed to sound good... but he broke a crowd-goer's camera intentionally so the personal respect went down... but he is damn good musically...

I'm forgetting too many... but this thread will be here when I 'member...
Love "Psychadelic Cowboy." Red Dirt Rangers are just great, old-school guys with music in their blood.

Yeah, McClure became too much of an ass for the rest of his band to handle. Got to see the new Great Divide a few years back in College Station at what used to be known as Shadow Canyon and was one of only a few people in the building (not that many people were there) who knew their music. Even got to talk to the band. One of their sound guys wound up filling me in on why McClure left. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

New lead singer's not bad, but it's hard to listen to Great Divide's music without McClure at the helm. Kinda like trying to find a replacement for the lead singer of The Counting Crows, Smashing Pumpkins, or Pearl Jam. Those guys just have that unique sound that you can't duplicate no matter how hard you try.

Gobbla2001
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
a few years back someone pointed me to McClure's blog... had some funny entries there... gunna have to look that one back up...

Daddy D 11
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Great song. It's hard for me not to like a Lyle Lovett song, and that may be my favorite. "Friend of the Devil is a Friend of Mine" is also phenomenal.

You should check out The Great Divide's early stuff when they still had Mike McClure. He left somewhere in the early-2000's... 2003, maybe... but he cut plenty of music before then. One of those self-destructive types that was just always messed up and had as many problems as he had talent.

Personally, I loved the "Afterglow" (http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-Rogers-Sessions-Great-Divide/dp/B000051XZN/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1260509127&sr=1-6) " album, but you can't go wrong with any of them. One of my favorite songs, "Out of Here Tonight," was on that album. Great road-tripping song.

I got "out of here tonight" on a cd that a buddy burned for me a while back. Didn't know who sung it though! Sweet deal, I might have to buy that afterglow cd lol

Gobbla2001
12-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Anybody like the Bottle Rockets? hear them quite a bit on Sirius, like their "Indianapolis" song and a couple others...

And anyone ever read The Improbable Rise of Redneck Rock? Pretty much a history of Texas Music etc...

I haven't read it yet, but it was on top of my Christmas list...

big daddy russ
12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Anybody like the Bottle Rockets? hear them quite a bit on Sirius, like their "Indianapolis" song and a couple others...

And anyone ever read The Improbable Rise of Redneck Rock? Pretty much a history of Texas Music etc...

I haven't read it yet, but it was on top of my Christmas list...
Haven't done either. I'll have to check it out... along with everyone else on that list. Getting some great stuff from ya'll.

Gobbla2001
12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Haven't done either. I'll have to check it out... along with everyone else on that list. Getting some great stuff from ya'll.

I keep forgetting when the book was originally written, late 70s I believe, so it's got the old guys in there (Jerry Jeff, Guy Clark, Townes[RIP], Rusty Wier [RIP, just this year], Doug Sahm [RIP], Willie/Waylon [RIP], Jimmy Buffett, others I cannot remember their names that I saw during my 'flip-through' at Hastings)... but this book is an updated version, updated to include REK, James McMurtry (love this guy), Lyle etc... (but even the update must have been early 90s judging by the pictures, not sure)...

Can't wait, if I don't get it for Christmas heads are rollin'... or I'll just buy it ha...

carter08
12-14-2009, 06:14 PM

The old Dead song or an original with the same name?

big daddy russ
12-15-2009, 02:14 AM
The old Dead song or an original with the same name?
It's the same song, but Lyle Lovett did an amazing cover. It's rare that someone can do justice to a great song, but Lovett owned that song. He sang the song the way it would've been if he would've written it without making it sound forced at all. Carter, as eclectic as you are, you'd probably like Lovett's version. You should check it out.

Gobbla2001
12-15-2009, 05:57 PM
It's the same song, but Lyle Lovett did an amazing cover. It's rare that someone can do justice to a great song, but Lovett owned that song. He sang the song the way it would've been if he would've written it without making it sound forced at all. Carter, as eclectic as you are, you'd probably like Lovett's version. You should check it out.

Heard Cory Morrow's version of it first on his "Outside the Lines" album (believe that's it)... then Lyle and THEN the dead... both Cory and Lyle did pretty good jobs of covering the song...

1. Lyle
2. Dead
3. Cory

that's how I rank the versions I've heard...

carter08
12-15-2009, 08:43 PM

I'll give it a listen. I'll admit I haven't listened to Lyle near as much as I should have. Though, I don't think anyone could do that song as good as the GD.

big daddy russ
12-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Heard Cory Morrow's version of it first on his "Outside the Lines" album (believe that's it)... then Lyle and THEN the dead... both Cory and Lyle did pretty good jobs of covering the song...

1. Lyle
2. Dead
3. Cory

that's how I rank the versions I've heard...
I don't think I've heard Cory's version. Another something I'll have to check out. On another note, I could've swore the REK covered the song too, but can't remember.

I still might like the GD's version better, but Lovett's definitely has more "soul."

I'll give it a listen. I'll admit I haven't listened to Lyle near as much as I should have. Though, I don't think anyone could do that song as good as the GD.
I don't know if Lyle does a "better" song than the dead, but he sings it the way I think it should be sing. I know that may not make much sense, but just give the song a listen. I enjoy listening to Jerry's version more, but Lyle's version just seems to "fit" the lyrics better. The tempo of the song, emotion in the words, etc. I guess Lyle's just seems a bit more poetic.

big daddy russ
12-16-2009, 12:22 AM
The tempo of the song, emotion in the words, etc. I guess Lyle's just seems a bit more poetic.
There I go again with those fancy words. Just ignore that. Ya'll know what I mean.

carter08
12-16-2009, 01:55 PM
There I go again with those fancy words. Just ignore that. Ya'll know what I mean.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wut's a tempo and wuts uh emotion?

Gobbla2001
12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Though, I don't think anyone could do that song as good as the GD.

And that's because it's a great song and done greatly by The Dead...

just something about that Lyle version that does it for me though... could be the "soul" as russ said...

IHStangFan
12-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Kinda on the subject...but kind of a highjack....

I'm sitting here listening to music from my iTunes library this evening w/ my daughter who is not quite 2 yet. She seems to like the old country, and the classic rock.....although...I had forgotten how much I liked Junior Brown. He's got some great stuff.

A couple of my daughter's favorites this evening...

"Girl on the Billboard" by Del Reeves
"Matchbox" by Carl Perkins
"Money Greases the Wheels" by Ferlin Husky
"Lonesome 7-7203" by Tony Booth

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP!!! LOL. She was bee-boppin to all of these and started yelling when something she didn't like came on.

IHStangFan
12-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Junior Brown's rendition of "Sugarfoot Rag" ...the short version...not the long version....is freakin AWESOME!!!!

big daddy russ
12-19-2009, 02:38 AM
You know, B, you may not have introduced me to Junior Brown but you were the one who got me into him. Along with a ton of other classic and Texas artists.

Another one of the greats.

IHStangFan
12-19-2009, 10:30 PM
You know, B, you may not have introduced me to Junior Brown but you were the one who got me into him. Along with a ton of other classic and Texas artists.

Another one of the greats. Hell Russ....I remember Keith and I a few weeks after we both got outa the military and got back to town were going to see J.B. Galjour didn't wanna go because he couldn't see paying $18 dollars for a ticket to see someone he'd never heard of. I told him I'd pay...but if he enjoyed it...he was paying me back. 3 songs in...he walked up and gave me $18. LOL.