PDA

View Full Version : 2 state championships from the same district

TinyTim
12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Wylie and Graham are still in the playoffs and 2 state championships from the same district are still possible.

Can anyone tell me if this has happened before since the uil went to two divisions in the playoffs?

Old Tiger
12-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Didn't Celina and Prosper do it?

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 12:19 PM
YEs it has been done

no Celina did not win it when Prosper did

NastySlot
12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
i think the first year it was possible Judson and SA Roosvelt did it in 5A.

i think recently it's happen in 2A and 1A a few times.

waterboy
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
There's at least 2 East Texas teams that'll have something to say about that....:thinking: :D

TinyTim
12-09-2009, 12:33 PM
they will get their chance.;) ;)

themsu97
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
not sure about in the 3A ranks...
but I know for sure that Texas City and LaMarque did in 4A... heck maybe they did it twice...

44INAROW
12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i think the first year it was possible Judson and SA Roosvelt did it in 5A.

Originally posted by themsu97

but I know for sure that Texas City and LaMarque did in 4A... heck maybe they did it twice...

that can't be possible - aren't they in Reg IV :D

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Didn't La Marque and Texas City do it in 4A back in the 90's?:thinking:

lostaussie
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
2A Garrison and San Augustine. the other representative Timpson made it to the regional finals only to be beaten by San Augustine. I would say that year it was the best district in the state.

hawkfan
12-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Stratford and Canadian did it last year in 1A. they have a chance to do it again this year

NastySlot
12-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that can't be possible - aren't they in Reg IV :D

yeah...little known fact is that all this taking two teams from one district that would eventually lead to two division then to four teams started with the san antonio area district (NEISD) i believe pushing for this or at least leading the fight.......all these young guys on here always bashing region iv can't remember in the seventies and early eighties...those sa. schools held more than their own.........lee, churchill and then judson..before them it was brackenridge and jefferson...power continues to shift to the northside of town.....reagan, smithson valley and even brandis a second year program had a good season.

i know its 5A...but the push for mulitiple schools in playoffs and divisions started in 5A and filtered down.

95mustang
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Stratford and Canadian did it last year in 1A. they have a chance to do it again this year

Canadian will have to get past a very tough Goldthwaite team this week though. Goldthwaite is playing lights out and have pitched shut outs their last 3 playoff games.

cotulla
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
nasty - yet 5A supt's voted overwhemingly to not do the 1A and 2A method of district alignment. can not figure that one out. why not?

Deuce
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
There's at least 2 East Texas teams that'll have something to say about that....:thinking: :D

Bring em on!!!

NastySlot
12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by cotulla
nasty - yet 5A supt's voted overwhemingly to not do the 1A and 2A method of district alignment. can not figure that one out. why not?

i wonder what the 5A coaches wanted...maybe th supt' s voted the way the coaches would have.....i have no clue.

LE Dad
12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
There's at least 2 East Texas teams that'll have something to say about that....:thinking: :D Gilmer should take D1 and Graham pick your poison with Pitt and Carthage.

I think in the end Gilmer and Carthage are your 2009 champs. JMHO:D

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Didn't La Marque and Texas City do it in 4A back in the 90's?:thinking:

:mad:

DDBooger
12-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:mad:
:mad: x 2

waterboy
12-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Bring em on!!!
Oh, it's a comin'........;)

Deuce
12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh, it's a comin'........;)

Good, were ready.

waterboy
12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Gilmer should take D1 and Graham pick your poison with Pitt and Carthage.

I hope you're right, LE!:thumbsup: There's nothing a given at this point, but I feel like you might be right.;)

waterboy
12-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Good, were ready.
:thumbsup: So are we.;) Should be some real doozies this weekend in 3A!

ccmom
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Gilmer should take D1 and Graham pick your poison with Pitt and Carthage.

How many of those teams you mentioned have you seen play this season? :thinking:

DDBooger
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Good, were ready. talking Deuce! :D

I'll go with Gilmer though. That Qb is awesome.

waterboy
12-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
How many of those teams you mentioned have you seen play this season? :thinking:
Pittsburg is in their district, and they played Gilmer in predistrict. He'll have to tell ya whether he's seen Graham or Wylie.

Keith7
12-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure La Marque and Texas City has done it

Deuce
12-09-2009, 02:01 PM
:thumbsup: So are we.;) Should be some real doozies this weekend in 3A!

I agree!

bigwood33
12-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Canadian will have to get past a very tough Goldthwaite team this week though. Goldthwaite is playing lights out and have pitched shut outs their last 3 playoff games.
I may go to that game this weekend in Lubbock...not sure. I AM going to see the Stratford v Albany game Friday night.

WildTexan972
12-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang

Canadian is playing lights out as well....so it also applies that Goldthwaite would have to get by a very good Canadian team to get to the title game....

lakers
12-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Canadian is playing lights out as well....so it also applies that Goldthwaite would have to get by a very good Canadian team to get to the title game....

Isn't Stratford playing Albany? If so that should be one heck of a match up.

slingshot
12-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Canadian is playing lights out as well....so it also applies that Goldthwaite would have to get by a very good Canadian team to get to the title game.... Goldthwaite vs Canadian IS the title game... (Div I) I'm picking Goldthwaite.

CHS_89
12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
2A - Pilot Point (D1) and Callisburg (D2) have a chance of it this year. Pilot Point plays Kirbyville for the D1 championship this weekend. Callisburg will have to win this week and will likely get Daingerfield in the champ game. Good luck to everyone.

lostaussie
12-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Callisburg will have to win this week and will likely get Daingerfield in the champ game. Good luck to everyone. hmmm sucks for Callisburg. if i had to bet my house on any team in the state to win a title that is left.................it would be D'field. they are a top 5 3A team............so be it!!!

LE Dad
12-09-2009, 10:20 PM
How many of those teams you mentioned have you seen play this season? :thinking: 2 -Gilmer 3x and Pitt 2x + I am very familar with Scott Surratt, he was a coach at T High for years and was a finalist for the LE job. Saw him over Thanksgiving break, his dad and brother still live in area. :D

ccmom
12-09-2009, 10:40 PM
2 -Gilmer 3x and Pitt 2x + I am very familar with Scott Surratt, he was a coach at T High for years and was a finalist for the LE job. Saw him over Thanksgiving break, his dad and brother still live in area. :D I guess my point is that it's interesting that you picked 2 teams to lose that you have never seen play. It's all good, though. This board is for opinions. I just hope yours is proven wrong. LOL

trusteer/trublu
12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I guess my point is that it's interesting that you picked 2 teams to lose that you have never seen play. It's all good, though. This board is for opinions. I just hope yours is proven wrong. LOL Yea mom, i once married a girl I had never kissed....missed that one too!!!!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

ccmom
12-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
Yea mom, i once married a girl I had never kissed....missed that one too!!!!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Hey...good luck to your STEERS. I'll be there in my purple cheering them on!

LE Dad
12-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I guess my point is that it's interesting that you picked 2 teams to lose that you have never seen play. It's all good, though. This board is for opinions. I just hope yours is proven wrong. LOL I have not seen a full Wylie game this year. I saw highlights but not a full film. I do know a bit about Wylie, I watched some film of them in 06 when Canyon beat them.:( I was really looking forward to playing Wylie and hope that 2010 will be the year:)

Graham, I know some about and again I saw several different highlight segments. I saw enough coupled with what I read about them to make semi informed opinion that they will not defeat both Pitt and Carthage. :D

It is just that an opinion :cool:

Twirling Time
12-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by CHS_89
2A - Pilot Point (D1) and Callisburg (D2) have a chance of it this year. Pilot Point plays Kirbyville for the D1 championship this weekend. Callisburg will have to win this week and will likely get Daingerfield in the champ game. Good luck to everyone.

Callisburg will be happy just to get to the finals. They'll have their hands full against the Argyle/Lovejoy of the Panhandle this Saturday.

Pilot Point should win state this weekend.

ccmom
12-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I have not seen a full Wylie game this year. I saw highlights but not a full film. I do know a bit about Wylie, I watched some film of them in 06 when Canyon beat them.:( I was really looking forward to playing Wylie and hope that 2010 will be the year:)

Graham, I know some about and again I saw several different highlight segments. I saw enough coupled with what I read about them to make semi informed opinion that they will not defeat both Pitt and Carthage. :D

It is just that an opinion :cool: Your opinion may prove to be dead on...who knows? I sure don't, but it'll be fun to find out. Come on Saturday!

injuredinmelee
12-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
2A Garrison and San Augustine. the other representative Timpson made it to the regional finals only to be beaten by San Augustine. I would say that year it was the best district in the state.
San Augustine throttled Jim Ned in the final but didnt they let their coach go the very next week.

lostaussie
12-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
San Augustine throttled Jim Ned in the final but didnt they let their coach go the very next week. yes, in one of the strangest moves in coaching history, won the state championship and was fired the next week:D and them folks in Cuero think Headhunter is hard to please:D