PDA

View Full Version : DFW Dominance-BULL-making statistics say what you want!

Old Cardinal
12-23-2002, 11:28 AM
There is a simple EXPLANATION why the DWF appears to be strong-that is presented each year to NO AVAIL...Here it is again!...There are more schools and especially MORE 4A and smaller schools-PER SQUARE MILE IN THE DWF AREA! On the coast, all of the schools have consolidated and for the most part we have big 5A schools that EQUATES INTO LESS OVERALL SCHOOLS PER SQUARE MILE...How much more simple can we make it! EXAMPLE, You guys keep talking about the Golden Triangle not having a strong 3A program...Well guess what-There are NINE 4A teams in the two county area. Only Orangefield and Bridge City are 3A and they did fine this year! There are no 2A or 1A or 6-man Teams down here. Port Acres a 2A was merged in the consolidation along with Port Arthur Jefferson and Port Arthur Lincoln to form the Memorial Titans. In the Houston area 3A's are as scarce as hens teeth- Barbers Hill is the only one that comes to mind....When you throw concentric circles around DWF, you take in a huge # of schools with a disporportionent number of 3A's per square mile. Some nice folks have just proven that STATISTICS without using down-home logic, can prove any thing you want them to prove.

rholl
12-23-2002, 11:34 AM
I don't know rather to respond..."huh" or "wow"

vet93
12-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Which area would stack up the best if you plugged in state championships per capita? That might help to some degree in determining the "mythical" best area. By the way OC...you have a good point. There are areas of the state where one classification may be very under represented due to the school demographics of the region.

PPHSfan
12-23-2002, 12:32 PM
DFW Has and always will Dominate in all classes not just 3A. There are several ways to "spin" this depending on what part of the state your team is in, and how important it is for you region to be "recognized". It really breaks down to simple demographics, but it would not be very P.C. to say more than that. I personally do not think any of it matters, other than it makes for some good bulletin board fodder. And man oh man, we are gonna need all of that we can get. :p :p

Matthew328
12-23-2002, 02:38 PM
In theory this may be good logic Old Card but lets take a look at the area we used for DFW first....in 5A we considered districts 5-10 and 12-5A..the Houston/SE Texas area is 15-24-5A....more districts and teams than DFW here...in 4A DFW area consists of 6-12-4A 16-4A and part of 15-4A..Houston SE Texas consists of 18-24-4A...DFW has a slight advatage here....in 3A DFW is districts 7-9-3A and 13-3A...in Houston/SE Texas districts 20-23-3A and 28-3A....in Class 2A there are only 2 true metroplex districts left and that is 12-2A which was Celina's former district and 15-2A..in Houston/SE Texas 24-2A and some of 22-2A and 28-2A..pretty much the same amount of teams here..and neither DFW or Houston/SE Texas have 1A or 6-Man teams..so pretty much you have the same numbers of teams in each..so the whole more schools thing doesn't hold water..the simple fact is in the last 5 years DFW has played the best football overall in all classes..no question..maybe one day I'll get Old Card to admit it..when you look for championship football in Texas check the Metroplex first!

Old Cardinal
12-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Sorry Matt your are gerrymandering again- those 3A Districts you named are 1 1/2 to 4 hours from Houston....You just look around tell by find something somewhere to plug in and then call it a comparison to the DFW complex! That is called finding data to manupilate to justify a preconceieved notion.

PPHSfan
12-23-2002, 07:07 PM
Old Cardinal, I have driven in Houston traffic too. Your theory about districts being four hours away from Houston does not hold water. Hell East Houston is four HOURS away from West Houston :D :D

Jacket2000
12-23-2002, 09:41 PM
Old Cardinal:
Sorry Matt your are gerrymandering again- those 3A Districts you named are 1 1/2 to 4 hours from Houston....You just look around tell by find something somewhere to plug in and then call it a comparison to the DFW complex! That is called finding data to manupilate to justify a preconceieved notion.Old Card, you can spin it anyway you'd like, but unless you compare it to the rest of the state combined, you're not going to come up with the titles to match DFW's, which I believe was the entire point of the thread(I didnt start it, so Im not completely sure, I just partook in the research).
J2K