PDA

View Full Version : Big Big Big Step!

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 02:33 AM
YES SIR (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4725887)

WOS87
12-09-2009, 02:39 AM
They may be able to shoot down the BCS but they have ZERO power to put a playoff system in place...

Do we really want another reincarnation of the Bowl Coalition blah blah blah...

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 02:39 AM
This could mean only one more year of the BCS.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
They may be able to shoot down the BCS but they have ZERO power to put a playoff system in place...

Do we really want another reincarnation of the Bowl Coalition blah blah blah...

They can place injunctions on the BCS which would essentially bankrupt them and force them under the will of the US Government.

WOS87
12-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
They can place injunctions on the BCS which would essentially bankrupt them and force them under the will of the US Government.

Sooooo.... like I said in a previous post on another thread. It would take an economic collapse and Communist overthrow. NOW who's the commie!! I'm assuming you are in full support of such an action occurring.

:D

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Sooooo.... like I said in a previous post on another thread. It would take an economic collapse and Communist overthrow. NOW who's the commie!! I'm assuming you are in full support of such an action occurring.

Absolutely :devil:

big daddy russ
12-09-2009, 03:07 AM
When did this become a Congressional matter?

Nevermind. Already being debated.

WOS87
12-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Absolutely :devil:

:)

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 03:22 AM

If you were referring to the already happened economic collapse and the year old communist overthrow (some would say the administration has similarities) than I am absolutely not for those things. But if you are talking mythical and if it gets me a decent playoff and rids me of the BCS than I am content.

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 09:59 AM
The BCS considers themselves above everyone else and it might take an act of congress to get them to move. I'm all for it. Everyone knows that the BCS is wrong for their decision to stick with the current program yet nobody is BIG enough or powerful enough to force their hand. Except of course the Government!

STANG RED
12-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm all for a playoff system, BUT if you want to see something that gets even more screwed up than the BCS system presently in place, just let this screwed up government get involved. We'll be wishing for the days of the simple BCS system again. :doh:

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
When did this become a Congressional matter?

Nevermind. Already being debated.

Congress steps in everyday and tells PRIVATE businesses how to run their show in a fair and appropriate way. The BCS is a public entity that has grown too big for it's own good. The "Commitee" has the belief that "Their" survival is what is best for all involved dispite what they are being told by the rest of the world. They are really in need of a wakeup call.

STANG RED
12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Congress steps in everyday and tells PRIVATE businesses how to run their show in a fair and appropriate way. The BCS is a public entity that has grown too big for it's own good. The "Commitee" has the belief that "Their" survival is what is best for all involved dispite what they are being told by the rest of the world. They are really in need of a wakeup call.

Maybe so, but this isnt the way to go about it. The government will only screw it up worse. You don’t need to look very far to see tons of evidence of that.
I think an anti-trust lawsuit by a coalition of non BCS schools would accomplish the desired outcome, without getting congress involved where they don’t belong. Why must we keep intentionally inviting government to encroach ever deeper in our daily lives? Haven’t they done enough harm as it is?
:mad:

JasperDog94
12-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Maybe so, but this isnt the way to go about it. The government will only screw it up worse. You don’t need to look very far to see tons of evidence of that.
Without congress getting involved the steroid scandal in baseball would still being going on. Good ol' Selig would still be burying his head in the sand.

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Without congress getting involved the steroid scandal in baseball would still being going on. Good ol' Selig would still be burying his head in the sand.

I thought Seling still did have his head in the sand

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
oh and I'm just throwing this out there, Congress should get involved and get Pete Rose reinstated, so he can go into the HOF

rockdale80
12-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I think it is funny that several of you guys were crying about the government getting involved in private enterprise a few months ago, and now you are asking for it. Good job flip floppers....

JasperDog94
12-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think it is funny that several of you guys were crying about the government getting involved in private enterprise a few months ago, and now you are asking for it. Good job flip floppers.... The government is running the banks, the automotive industry (part of it), and soon to be healthcare so why not let them run college football as well?....but I digress.

Actually Congress told the MLB that if it did not clean up its own mess then they would get involved. What happened? Baseball cleaned up its own mess. The same could be done in football. All congress needs to do is threaten the NCAA and propose some form of takeover and that should scare the pants off of the BCS committee and get them to fix the problem, cause everyone knows how efficiently and fairly the government runs things.:D :D :D

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
All the BCS has to do then is call it something else.

We dont call the NFL Champs that ..we call them Super Bowl Winners

We call baseball champs World Series Winners

So the BCS just has to come up with a catchy name and keep going

Pick6
12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
In the grand scheme of things why is this really so important that the Government has to get involved?

Old Tiger
12-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I say keep the BCS but only to use the formulas to get the top 8 at the end of the year for a playoff.

STANG RED
12-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
In the grand scheme of things why is this really so important that the Government has to get involved?

I guess doing nothing to help fix the economy, and printing money, just doesnt take up enough of their valuable time.

big daddy russ
12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
This doesn't fall under anti-trust nor is it a violation of anyone's rights. I'm still lost.

Originally posted by rockdale80
I think it is funny that several of you guys were crying about the government getting involved in private enterprise a few months ago, and now you are asking for it. Good job flip floppers....

http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-OhSnap.jpg

Daddy D 11
12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
It passed.

big daddy russ
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
It passed.
Of course it did.

Joe Average is all for smaller gov't until that gov't starts putting in policies in place that he agrees with.

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
This doesn't fall under anti-trust nor is it a violation of anyone's rights. I'm still lost.

http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-OhSnap.jpg

You don't think the BCS is basically operating under a monopoly type situation. They have a strangle hold on collage football as it is constructed right now.
And if I understand it correctly, congress will simply make it illegal for them to call the game a National Championship game or call the winner a national Champion. They could still call them the BCS Champion.

Farmersfan
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Of course it did.

Joe Average is all for smaller gov't until that gov't starts putting in policies in place that he agrees with.

When it makes sense-it makes sense!!!!!! Gov't doesn't start gettting too big until it stops making sense. Doesn't that make sense?

big daddy russ
12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
You don't think the BCS is basically operating under a monopoly type situation.
No. It's not. It's one part of a governing body. WOS87 would probably be more "up" on all the legalese than I am, but I'm almost positive that governing bodies aren't held to anti-trust laws, and especially not one little part of that body.

There's no reason for anyone not to call them a national champion. Especially the idiots on Capitol Hill.