PDA

View Full Version : UIL Announces All-Century Defense

WOS87
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
In Honor of the 100 Year Anniversary of the founding of the UIL (1909-2009) the UIL is releasing an All-Century Team today and tomorrow... Offense will be out 12/9

Click Here --->LINK (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/db/press_release_detail.lasso?-Search=Action&-Table=table&-Database=press_releases&-KeyValue=364)

FIRST TEAM
DL Ray Childress, Richardson Pearce
DL Joe Greene, Temple Dunbar
DL Bob Lilly, Throckmorton
DL Bubba Smith, Beaumont Pollard
LB Jessie Armstead, Dallas Carter
LB Tommy Nobis, San Antonio Jefferson
LB Mike Singletary, Houston Worthing
DB Dave Elmendorf, Houston Westbury
DB Jerry Gray, Lubbock Estacado
DB Darrell Green, Houston Jones
DB Bobby Taylor, Longview
P Sammy Baugh, Sweetwater

SECOND TEAM
DL Sam Adams, Houston Cypress Creek
DL Tony Brackens, Fairfield
DL Michael Carter, Dallas Jefferson
DL Michael Strahan, Houston Westbury
LB Brian Bosworth, Irving MacArthur
LB Derrick Johnson, Waco
LB Jack Pardee, Christoval
DB Ken Houston, Lufkin Dunbar
DB James Lott, Refugio
DB Kevin Smith, West Orange-Stark
DB Pat Thomas, Plano
P Shane Lechler, East Bernard

THIRD TEAM
DL Santana Dotson, Houston Yates
DL Doug English, Dallas Adams
DL Tommie Harris, Killeen Ellison
DL Billy Ray Smith, Plano
LB Britt Hager, Odessa Permian
LB Bill Hobbs, Amarillo
LB Jim Yarbrough, Galveston Ball
DB Joe Bob Bizzell, Odessa Permian
DB Willie Mack Garza, Refugio
DB Johnnie Johnson, La Grange
DB Kyle Rote Jr., Highland Park
P Justin Brantly, Sealy

kepdawg
12-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Jack Pardee also made first team defense as a six-man player.

PhiI C
12-08-2009, 09:23 PM
They should have had an honorable mention section. They left off Steve McMichael of Freer and Bob Lilly of Olney considering they had great hs, college and pro carrers and were on winning super bowl teams.

NateDawg39
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Wow I was shocked to learn Strahan was from Texas....cool, and cant wait to see the next list

Pendragon13
12-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
They should have had an honorable mention section. They left off Steve McMichael of Freer and Bob Lilly of Olney considering they had great hs, college and pro carrers and were on winning super bowl teams. I think you just disrespected everyone from Throckmorton.:clap: ;)

NastySlot
12-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I think you just disrespected everyone from Throckmorton.:clap: ;)

i was thinking the same thing.........and bob lilly from throckmorton is on the first team.

CenTexSports
12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
What about Lee Roy Caffey (Thorndale/Rockdale)? All Pro, All NFL, Super Bowl (3) and he played with the greats of his time and was one of the best.

Old Tiger
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
What about Lee Roy Caffey (Thorndale/Rockdale)? All Pro, All NFL, Super Bowl (3) and he played with the greats of his time and was one of the best. Some old timers were telling me that Vince Lombardi said if Lee Roy wasn't so lazy he could have been the best to ever play the game.

Anyways....I'm shocked to not see John Randle on the list!

trojandad
12-09-2009, 12:37 PM
ok, i'll be the bad guy and say it.....that bosworth is on that list anywhere is a joke.....

Old Tiger
12-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
ok, i'll be the bad guy and say it.....that bosworth is on that list anywhere is a joke..... I've heard in HS he was beastly. I know at Oklahoma he was beastly.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
ok, i'll be the bad guy and say it.....that bosworth is on that list anywhere is a joke.....

he was a MONSTER in hs and college

trojandad
12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
he was a MONSTER in hs and college

i agree for high school, college proved he needed hype....he's not the type of player that belongs on a list with bob lilly's and singletary's......

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2009, 12:58 PM
i agree for high school,

This is a HS list..so there ya go

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I guess I should have read this thread before posting on the most dominant defensive player thread. :doh: :nerd:

NastySlot
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
one of the best defensive players i watched/ saw play was an LB from north mesquite.......Joe Bowden he was a beast....once heard the Highland Park PA annoucer after Bowden had made numerous tackles on the night refer to him as Mr. Bowden.

best i played against he was older Ricky Dixion of Wilmer Hutchins.

trojandad
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is a HS list..so there ya go

ok, one more time, a "monster" in high school isn't an all century player, even in "high school", glad you liked him (and i said up front there'd be fights) but IMO, definitely not yours, "high school" bosworth was nothing compared to "high school" lilly and singletary, nobis and greene, etc etc....and hindsight helps us to see thru the hype (or at least for some of us)....

i've seen three linebackers in this years playoffs alone that would rival bosworth easily...but, hey, if i was boz, i'd take this and smile, am sure he appreciates knowing he still has fans out there.......

Deuce
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I think you just disrespected everyone from Throckmorton.:clap: ;)

LMAO!!