PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Vs Jasper

dawgdad
12-07-2003, 12:11 AM
What an awesome game! Jasper played the best football we've come up against. Three Hurrays for Jasper!

mwisnews
12-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Man I am glad that they found something inside of them and found a way to win. That's what a champion does.

snowsnake
12-07-2003, 12:38 AM
mwisnews:
Man I am glad that they found something inside of them and found a way to win. That's what a champion does.What did they find? How about a 60 yard run called back by a very questionable call, did they find that or was it given to them? How about a pass for a first down and a sustained drive that was ended by another very questionable call, did they find that or was this another gift as well? How about your offensive line holding on nearly every play and your PRIMETIME quarterback still getting sacked numerous times. Was that an early Christmas present? By the way where was super star Shipley. He spent more time crying to the refs. than he did playing ball and It appears that possible champions are made in Burnett by crying to the refs for special treatment and then getting it. Man what a load of HOOEY. Just like all high school games you caught a few breaks (some deserved, others given to you, but you were kept in the game, nontheless). Luck played a part, but if all things were level and the refs had called a perfect game, Jasper would have beat you. Jasper outplayed you and showed themselves to be twice the champions. I was very shocked at how your so called champions handled themselves during the game. Your arrogance almost outdid you today. Hopefully it will, come CHAMPIONSHIP time.

lotus67
12-07-2003, 12:45 AM
Shipley was#8,.........you know........the guy that caught the winning TD pass from the PRIMETIME quarterback at the end of the game. eek! :D

2KDawg
12-07-2003, 12:45 AM
give me your address so i can send you a box of tissues!!... What I saw was a great well faught game by two outstanding teams. Im sure the jasper community is glad that they are not represented by a cry baby and his excuses.... :p

lotus67
12-07-2003, 12:47 AM
GO CHEER B-BALL snowsnake

2KDawg
12-07-2003, 12:47 AM
give me your address so i can send you a box of tissues!!... What I saw was a great well faught game by two outstanding teams. Im sure the jasper community is glad that they are not represented by a cry baby and his excuses.... :p

marktaras
12-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey Snowsnake, did you whine like this after the other 2 "Lucky" teams beat you?

dawgdad
12-07-2003, 12:55 AM
snowsnake:

mwisnews:
Man I am glad that they found something inside of them and found a way to win. That's what a champion does.What did they find? How about a 60 yard run called back by a very questionable call, did they find that or was it given to them? How about a pass for a first down and a sustained drive that was ended by another very questionable call, did they find that or was this another gift as well? How about your offensive line holding on nearly every play and your PRIMETIME quarterback still getting sacked numerous times. Was that an early Christmas present? By the way where was super star Shipley. He spent more time crying to the refs. than he did playing ball and It appears that possible champions are made in Burnett by crying to the refs for special treatment and then getting it. Man what a load of HOOEY. Just like all high school games you caught a few breaks (some deserved, others given to you, but you were kept in the game, nontheless). Luck played a part, but if all things were level and the refs had called a perfect game, Jasper would have beat you. Jasper outplayed you and showed themselves to be twice the champions. I was very shocked at how your so called champions handled themselves during the game. Your arrogance almost outdid you today. Hopefully it will, come CHAMPIONSHIP time.

cm4444
12-07-2003, 12:59 AM
my hats off to Jasper ..you guys played a great game..but some need to quit crying and take it like a man...Burnet may have caught some breaks but Jasper did as well....thats just the way the ball bounces...I would love to see these two play ten more times, and I believe Burnet would win them all.. we didnt play our best you guys did , and still got beat...

snowsnake
lotus67:
Shipley was#8,.........you know........the guy that caught the winning TD pass from the PRIMETIME quarterback at the end of the game. eek! :D Yeah I noticed #8 crying like a little baby to the refs on every play, I noticed #8 kicking our player while he was on the ground, I noticed #8 falling to the ground rather than take a hit in order to make two more yards (what a team player), I noticed #8 yelling at members of your team when he didn't get the ball or when McGee got sacked (how many times was it?) Yeah I saw your #8 Shipley and I thought to myself, I thought this kid was an exception. I thought this kid was really something from all the HOOPLA dished out by the media, but you know what, he was just another spoiled coaches kid who threw a tantrum when he didn't get his way. Yeah he caught the winning touchdown. Good for him. Good for Burnett. You still got out played by Jasper.

Bellville22
What a game, the 2nd of the weekend at Kyle Field. Jasper had a brilliant game plan, and almost executed it perfectly enough to shock the state.

Great game J Dogs, good luck B Dogs.

cm4444
12-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Who's the cry babies now!

dawgdad
12-07-2003, 01:01 AM
dawgdad:

snowsnake:

mwisnews:
Man I am glad that they found something inside of them and found a way to win. That's what a champion does.What did they find? How about a 60 yard run called back by a very questionable call, did they find that or was it given to them? How about a pass for a first down and a sustained drive that was ended by another very questionable call, did they find that or was this another gift as well? How about your offensive line holding on nearly every play and your PRIMETIME quarterback still getting sacked numerous times. Was that an early Christmas present? By the way where was super star Shipley. He spent more time crying to the refs. than he did playing ball and It appears that possible champions are made in Burnett by crying to the refs for special treatment and then getting it. Man what a load of HOOEY. Just like all high school games you caught a few breaks (some deserved, others given to you, but you were kept in the game, nontheless). Luck played a part, but if all things were level and the refs had called a perfect game, Jasper would have beat you. Jasper outplayed you and showed themselves to be twice the champions. I was very shocked at how your so called champions handled themselves during the game. Your arrogance almost outdid you today. Hopefully it will, come CHAMPIONSHIP time.Come on!!!!!- sounds like a sore loser here!!!I talked to a lot of players(they are at my house) and it sounds like you need an excuse to explain why a better team beat you! Blame it on the refs,blame it on the field,blame it on the weather,blame it on anything but the fact that a better team beat you. Luck and officiating are all part of the game and penalties were called on both teams. The o-lines on both sides were holding and always do in a game,they are taught how to do that and not get caught. Maybe you need better coaching,too. As far as trash talk and "whining",I guess you heard what the players said,HUH ? /Give it up- see you next year!!!.

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 01:03 AM
snowsnake:

mwisnews:
Man I am glad that they found something inside of them and found a way to win. That's what a champion does.What did they find? How about a 60 yard run called back by a very questionable call, did they find that or was it given to them? How about a pass for a first down and a sustained drive that was ended by another very questionable call, did they find that or was this another gift as well? How about your offensive line holding on nearly every play and your PRIMETIME quarterback still getting sacked numerous times. Was that an early Christmas present? By the way where was super star Shipley. He spent more time crying to the refs. than he did playing ball and It appears that possible champions are made in Burnett by crying to the refs for special treatment and then getting it. Man what a load of HOOEY. Just like all high school games you caught a few breaks (some deserved, others given to you, but you were kept in the game, nontheless). Luck played a part, but if all things were level and the refs had called a perfect game, Jasper would have beat you. Jasper outplayed you and showed themselves to be twice the champions. I was very shocked at how your so called champions handled themselves during the game. Your arrogance almost outdid you today. Hopefully it will, come CHAMPIONSHIP time.I don't think Snowsnake is being a cry baby. It hurts to lose such a close, hard fought game especially when there are SEVERAL questionable calls. We love our team and are very proud of them. Let's try to be decent to one another and give credit where it is due. Jasper played an INCREDIBLE game. We love you Jasper Bulldogs. Go get em next year.

cm4444
12-07-2003, 01:05 AM
Hey this is high school, it's not cool to down a kid who does this for the love of the game, you know he didn't get three state records this year just because he's the coaches son, your coach thought he was pretty good considering the double and triple coverage he faced all night

2KDawg
12-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Hey guys dont let snowbunny get under your skin... an idiot and his crying from who knows where, doesnt know what we know and doesnt see what we see everyday in this great team and in this great town! Hell id be jeleous to if i wasnt from BURNET!!!! :D :D

marktaras
12-07-2003, 01:09 AM
Yeah, just too much "HOOPLA" over Shipley. He's only caught more TD passes, more passes period, for more yardage than anyone else in TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL HISTORY!

lotus67
12-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Look at Shipleys stats.,they speak for themselves.All three state records...............wait......get a hanky and dry up those tears........now ,go ahead and look them up.

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 01:12 AM
2KDawg:
Hey guys dont let snowbunny get under your skin... an idiot and his crying from who knows where, doesnt know what we know and doesnt see what we see everyday in this great team and in this great town! Hell id be jeleous to if i wasnt from BURNET!!!! :D :D This is exactly the attitude that makes people despise you and your town. What a shame.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-07-2003, 01:12 AM
No, we didnt wine. Because at "the other 2 games". We were out played and out classed. But inbetween then and now, we improved 20 fold, and played as twice the champions, while i wouldnt word it exactly the same, i agree with everything snow snake said.

geturgunzup
12-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Questionable call = Your excuse
Isn't that what you're really looking for?
Jasper has an incredible football team. They took us to the limit for 45 minutes today, but in the end is was the last three minutes that mattered.

marktaras
12-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Bulldog Fan:

2KDawg:
Hey guys dont let snowbunny get under your skin... an idiot and his crying from who knows where, doesnt know what we know and doesnt see what we see everyday in this great team and in this great town! Hell id be jeleous to if i wasnt from BURNET!!!! :D :D This is exactly the attitude that makes people despise you and your town. What a shame.The only reason anyone despises Burnet is because Burnet beat them. Last year Everman had alot of wonderful things to say about Burnet.

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 01:22 AM
geturgunzup:
Jasper has an incredible football team. They took us to the limit for 45 minutes today, but in the end is was the last three minutes that mattered.There are certain times when excuses aren't needed. This is one of those times. But, you have to admit the possibility that some key calls may have affected the outcome of the game. I know it's hard for any of us to be impartial but we should try. Had you been refused the fumble recovery and the end of the first half, I'm sure you would have questioned the call. But, it doesn't matter now. Good calls, bad calls, it is over. Our kids lost graciously and so should our fans. However, you also need to win graciously.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-07-2003, 01:24 AM
We too have said alot of good things about burnet, the post titled "my hat is off to jasper" is full of praise for burnet by jasper people.

lotus67
12-07-2003, 01:26 AM
Must we educate another soul on the spelling of B U R N E T ? I know he must have seen the one "t" at the end on the scoreboard :)

pirate4state
12-07-2003, 01:26 AM
Bulldog Fan:

geturgunzup:
Jasper has an incredible football team. They took us to the limit for 45 minutes today, but in the end is was the last three minutes that mattered.There are certain times when excuses aren't needed. This is one of those times. But, you have to admit the possibility that some key calls may have affected the outcome of the game. I know it's hard for any of us to be impartial but we should try. Had you been refused the fumble recovery and the end of the first half, I'm sure you would have questioned the call. But, it doesn't matter now. Good calls, bad calls, it is over. Our kids lost graciously and so should our fans. However, you also need to win graciously.Nicely put Bulldog Fan!! :) Snowsnake: please check your PM.

2KDawg
12-07-2003, 01:27 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 2KDawg:
Hey guys dont let snowbunny get under your skin... an idiot and his crying from who knows where, doesnt know what we know and doesnt see what we see everyday in this great team and in this great town! Hell id be jeleous to if i wasnt from BURNET!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly the attitude that makes people despise you and your town. What a shame.

Oh please! Get a life! All I ever said from the begining is how good Jasper really is and how it will be a good game... I was refering to the crybaby hatin on shipley... you and snowbunny dont know anything about our community and players so go take your whining somewhere else! Believe me, ive been there and lost the same type of game but never did i come to a message board to cry and post my excuses!! So run along now and pull the basketball sneakers out of the closet. :cool:

dawgdad
12-07-2003, 01:27 AM
Bulldog Fan:

geturgunzup:
Jasper has an incredible football team. They took us to the limit for 45 minutes today, but in the end is was the last three minutes that mattered.There are certain times when excuses aren't needed. This is one of those times. But, you have to admit the possibility that some key calls may have affected the outcome of the game. I know it's hard for any of us to be impartial but we should try. Had you been refused the fumble recovery and the end of the first half, I'm sure you would have questioned the call. But, it doesn't matter now. Good calls, bad calls, it is over. Our kids lost graciously and so should our fans. However, you also need to win graciously.Didn't look like a fumble, more like the ref called it- an incomplete pass.

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 01:30 AM
dawgdad:

Bulldog Fan:

geturgunzup:
Jasper has an incredible football team. They took us to the limit for 45 minutes today, but in the end is was the last three minutes that mattered.There are certain times when excuses aren't needed. This is one of those times. But, you have to admit the possibility that some key calls may have affected the outcome of the game. I know it's hard for any of us to be impartial but we should try. Had you been refused the fumble recovery and the end of the first half, I'm sure you would have questioned the call. But, it doesn't matter now. Good calls, bad calls, it is over. Our kids lost graciously and so should our fans. However, you also need to win graciously.Didn't look like a fumble, more like the ref called it- an incomplete pass.May not have been a fumble. My point is that if it had been the other way around, you would have questioned also. Congratulations on your win.

weatherag07
12-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Snowsnake, suck it up-excuses, excuses is all we're hearing from you. Jasper played a GREAT game (the most exciting and nerve-racking I',ve ever been to), and you should be proud of your team. Of course it hurts to lose a game so far into the play-offs...Burnet experienced that last year. Win or lose, Jasper is a great team, and great things will come to them. But nobody needs a villiage idiot on here talking trash about 2 players that are some of the best in the state. I was at the game, and I didn't see anything of what you were talking about. Actually, early in the game, I did see one of the Jasper guys shove Jordan, acting all tough and such. I'm pretty sure I saw that. But I know I saw a BUNCH of unbelievably talented athletes playing the most hard-fought game I've seen. Until you have something credible to say, please keep your mouth shut. These are high school kids.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now! Goodnight all! :cool:

BHS#1
12-07-2003, 01:36 AM
talk about shipley kicking people and yelling at people who was that #21 who would make a tackle push the player on the ground as he was getting up then he would taunt them.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

geturgunzup
12-07-2003, 01:41 AM
As I said before, Jasper is an incredible team. They were able to run the ball where there was no hole over and over for 6+ yards. There is no doubt that the Jasper coaching staff did an awesome job this week. They had a great game plan and seemed very prepared to execute it. We take our hats off to your players, and to most of your fans.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-07-2003, 02:04 AM
We thank whoever we got the Everman VS Burnet State Game film from. Thats between that and the film Burnet gave us, we were able to find that Burnet is weak against an unbalanced offense. And on defense, we moved some ppl around and put one more person at secondary so we were able to double cover shipley...and the beautiful thing is....it worked, just not enought. Good season Jasper, and good luck Burnet.

PAINTBALL
12-07-2003, 10:09 AM
JHS_c/o_06':
We thank whoever we got the Everman VS Burnet State Game film from. Thats between that and the film Burnet gave us, we were able to find that Burnet is weak against an unbalanced offense. And on defense, we moved some ppl around and put one more person at secondary so we were able to double cover shipley...and the beautiful thing is....it worked, just not enought. Good season Jasper, and good luck Burnet.The key to this type of defense is the ability to put a rush on McGee and stop the run with only three lineman with 8 in pass coverage. For the most part Jasper did a wonderful job. What a game. I don't know if Gainesville has the talent on their defensive line to do the same thing. Hats off to those three awesome players from Jasper. eek!
eek!

dawgdad
12-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Great game Jasper Bulldogs,I was very impressed with your team. The o-line was awesome and very well coached,great blocking to open holes. The J-dog secondary did a great job of covering up Burnet's receivers and even though McGee had lots of time to throw, there was no one to throw to. Gotta question the decision to pass in the latter part of the game, when you were successful running the ball. GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR !!!

Hottogo
12-07-2003, 10:39 AM
snowsnake:

lotus67:
Shipley was#8,.........you know........the guy that caught the winning TD pass from the PRIMETIME quarterback at the end of the game. eek! :D Yeah I noticed #8 crying like a little baby to the refs on every play, I noticed #8 kicking our player while he was on the ground, I noticed #8 falling to the ground rather than take a hit in order to make two more yards (what a team player), I noticed #8 yelling at members of your team when he didn't get the ball or when McGee got sacked (how many times was it?) Yeah I saw your #8 Shipley and I thought to myself, I thought this kid was an exception. I thought this kid was really something from all the HOOPLA dished out by the media, but you know what, he was just another spoiled coaches kid who threw a tantrum when he didn't get his way. Yeah he caught the winning touchdown. Good for him. Good for Burnett. You still got out played by Jasper.Hey Dufus, did you notice the Jasper players going for #8's legs all game in an effort to take him out of the game? This is what #8 was trying to call to the attention of the officials. I was there, I saw it over and over, it happened!

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Blocks below the waist are completely legal if they're not towards the ball. Burnett's secondary wasn't used to being blocked and didn't like it much. Learn to play a cut block or get off of the field. Cut blocks are better because officials don't call back 50 yard gains for what they think is a holding penalty.

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 11:29 AM
lotus67:
Must we educate another soul on the spelling of B U R N E T ? I know he must have seen the one "t" at the end on the scoreboard :) And you wonder why some people think you are arrogant? :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 11:31 AM
cm4444:
I would love to see these two play ten more times, and I believe Burnet would win them all.. we didnt play our best you guys did , and still got beat...I doubt that even your coaching staff would agree with this statement. Burnet wasn't lightyears ahead of Jasper. They got a couple of turnovers late in the game and that was the difference...not Burnet's superior talent.

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 11:32 AM
2KDawg:
Hell id be jeleous to if i wasnt from BURNET!!!! :D :D More arrogance... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sinton66
12-07-2003, 11:40 AM
I was there supporting our R3 rep, but I stated during the week that I liked Jasper's chances. I didn't see anything in this game that changed my mind. From a bystander's viewpoint, this was anybody's game to be had. Burnet certainly didn't run away with this one.

good ole' greendawg fan
12-07-2003, 11:55 AM
First off I just wanted to say good job to Jasper, y'all played a great game!

Sounds to me like Jaspers a bunch of sore losers. The games done and over with. But like someone else has already said what about those two other "lucky" teams yall played(which I heard it was actually three, that one of yalls first games the other team had an illegal player, so y'all got the win), Did yall go crying after those games.
Jordan wasn't crying he was just simply complaining because your guys were tackleing late. And If I remembering right, our quarterback didn't get sacked numerous times, maybe 3 or 4 but thats not numerous, the way i see it the games over move on. but good job Jasper, and TAKE STATE BURNET

Texan007
12-07-2003, 12:16 PM
I have been reading all of the posts about the Burnet, Jasper game. I was there and the best team won. They did what they needed to do to win. So Jasper get over it, you played Burnet better than any other team has this year but still came up short on the score board, that's football. Burnet don't be too high and mighty about Jasper complaining about the refs, I seem to remember earlier posts on this site from Burnet people about the refs in Wimberley from a game 3 years ago. Let it go give the players thier due. Penalties and turnovers are part of the game and when they go against you LIVE WITH IT!!! Congrats to Burnet, BEAT GVILLE. Congrats to Jasper

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Understand that not all Jasper fans are complaining. I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened. I can tell you one thing though. If Jasper was hitting anybody late, it would have been called. Refs don't let that stuff go.

bulldogmom2
12-07-2003, 12:36 PM
I'm surprised....

I can't believe that a bunch of idiots would sit and bash a bunch of High School boys from both towns. This game is about kids, not adults. I don't think that anyone needs to go and blame refs, players, coachs or anybody else about this. This game was standing only on both sides. Both teams played their hearts out, and put every ounce of energy that had into it.
Both teams had a hugh crowd their supporting them. Thats what gives them energy, and drive. So bashing fans, family, and towns won't get you anywhere either.
I will say that I saw bad calls on both sides, but that happens in every sport played. It just depends whether it's called on your own team that matters.....
To Jasper....... What a game. Ya played with everything that ya had, and so did we. You are champions no matter what. Ya showed great sportsmanship, and support.
Being a mom, my heart went out to all the players that was on that field. To see some of ya's players with tears streaming, made me want to hug them all. Thats what this is all about. Human compassion for the other one....
Good job Jasper, this bulldawg moms proud of you....xoxoxoxo

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 12:43 PM
bulldogmom2:
I'm surprised....

I can't believe that a bunch of idiots would sit and bash a bunch of High School boys from both towns. This game is about kids, not adults. I don't think that anyone needs to go and blame refs, players, coachs or anybody else about this. This game was standing only on both sides. Both teams played their hearts out, and put every ounce of energy that had into it.
Both teams had a hugh crowd their supporting them. Thats what gives them energy, and drive. So bashing fans, family, and towns won't get you anywhere either.
I will say that I saw bad calls on both sides, but that happens in every sport played. It just depends whether it's called on your own team that matters.....
To Jasper....... What a game. Ya played with everything that ya had, and so did we. You are champions no matter what. Ya showed great sportsmanship, and support.
Being a mom, my heart went out to all the players that was on that field. To see some of ya's players with tears streaming, made me want to hug them all. Thats what this is all about. Human compassion for the other one....
Good job Jasper, this bulldawg moms proud of you....xoxoxoxoI will be the first to nominate this post for the "Classiest Post of the Year". Thanks Bulldogmom2! You are one of 3Adownlow's greatest!

Old No. 7
12-07-2003, 12:45 PM
I just wanted to click in and congratulate the Burnet(did I spell it right :D )Bulldogs. What a game. I wish yall the best of luck next week.

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 01:47 PM
"Real Bulldogs" all over the field, both green and red. Great lessons in effort, discipline teamwork, preparation and execution - BOTH TEAMS!

IBRINGTHEHAT
12-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Man, this was an AMAZING game!!! After playing four years at Hempstead and knowing how our fans are, I was amazed to see what kind of fans Burnet has. After the game I asked my dad why we couldn't have lived in Burnet! Congrats on a great game.

lotus67
12-07-2003, 04:20 PM
JasperDog94,many people spell our town wrong,week in and week out.I was not trying to imply anything else.I know all at the game saw the two town names on the scoreboard,(spelling) besides if you recall ,Jasper pretty much had control and the upper hand when it comes to anything else about the scoreboard, time used and score included, until the last part of the 4th qtr. Notice that Jasper was spelled properly.

bulldogvet85
12-07-2003, 05:26 PM
I just wanna know what happened to burnet after that first quarter. they dominated the first quarter and controled the clock. then slowly they became slopy, McGee made several questionable plays that I dont think he should have made. Plus I dont know how the defense from burnet couldnt stop the Jasper run it wasnt like they had so many diffrent formations and runs for the most part they ran the same thing over and over and over with little variation. Jasper did the best job I think of double teaming shipley, but he still did find ways to get open and get around it. there were a few times when he was open off the double coverage and McGee didnt get it to him. Jasper looked good and did some good things but turnovers kill you especially in the 4th. At the same time though burnet played a sloppy game in the second and third quarter. there first and fourth quarters were good though.

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 05:38 PM
bulldogvet85:
At the same time though burnet played a sloppy game in the second and third quarter. I would bet that the Jasper defensive scheme had a lot to do with that.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Bulldogvet,

dont take away anthing from your team. They didnt play sloppy, they played a very good game. Jasper just out played them the second and third quarter, and most of the 4th quarter. But Burnet took advantage of one of our mistakes and because of it, yall came out on top. But please, after they game Jasper and Burnet played yesterday, dont take away anything from them.

burnetplayer94
12-07-2003, 07:21 PM
way to go jasper your team played a hell of a football game good luck next year

bulldogvet85
12-08-2003, 02:32 AM
JHS_c/o_06':
Bulldogvet,

dont take away anthing from your team. They didnt play sloppy, they played a very good game. Jasper just out played them the second and third quarter, and most of the 4th quarter. But Burnet took advantage of one of our mistakes and because of it, yall came out on top. But please, after they game Jasper and Burnet played yesterday, dont take away anything from them.I'm not taking anything away from them but if you would have seen them play through out the year, you would know that the things burnet did in those quarters and the mistakes made didnt seem like burnet. Yes jasper had a good defense, but burnet could have played a little better then what they did. I think that Jaspers secondary and Linbacker crew was real good. I like how they double teamed shipley and made him work, but you know shiple still found away to get out of it and get open.

spiveyrat
12-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Congrats to Burnet. You guys made plays when you had to and pulled out a winner. Great game!

I have to say, though, I'm real proud of Jasper. I didn't give 'em much of a chance going in to the game. But they played with a lot of heart and did what no other team has done this year to Burnet by getting ahead of 'em. No one had played them so close this year. My hats off to you Jasper players! And the coaching... what a great job and a great scheme they had going in to the game. It kept us in the game and almost got us the win! Great job all around. Take pride Jasper fans! Afterall, we probably sent some Burnet fans, players, and coaches home with soiled underwear and a little something to think about! :D

If Cook had only been healthy...
frown

BIG19
12-08-2003, 08:25 AM
My congrats go out to both teams. I know it was a very hard fought war on the field. Both teams deserved to be there playing that represented their regions well! Boys, thanks for a great game from a fans point of view. As the fans filed out of the stadium, it sure looked like THEY were the ones on the field. Thanks you all for the best game of the season, from this fans point of view.

JasperDog94
12-08-2003, 01:59 PM
spiveyrat:
If Cook had only been healthy...
:(Unfortunately, we'll never know... :( :( frown

Hottogo
12-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Im just curious, does Jasper have the same coaching staff this year that they did last year or were there some changes made this year. The contrast between the two years is striking. Last year it appeared that Jasper was poorley coached with very little game plan. This year Jasper was awsome, it was obvious that the coaches had put a lot of work into their game plan and the players were not only talented, (as they were last year also)but they were also disaplined and very well coached. I was wondering all game if there had been a change. Congratulations to both Bulldog Teams, what a game! Good luck next year Jasper, if your returning most of your key players and coaches, next year should be your year. Because up to now I havent seen a team other than Burnet that could have handled you. We will see what Gainsville has next week.

Hupernikomen
12-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Hottogo:
Im just curious, does Jasper have the same coaching staff this year that they did last year or were there some changes made this year. The contrast between the two years is striking. Last year it appeared that Jasper was poorley coached with very little game plan. This year Jasper was awsome, it was obvious that the coaches had put a lot of work into their game plan and the players were not only talented, (as they were last year also)but they were also disaplined and very well coached. I was wondering all game if there had been a change. Congratulations to both Bulldog Teams, what a game! Good luck next year Jasper, if your returning most of your key players and coaches, next year should be your year. Because up to now I havent seen a team other than Burnet that could have handled you. We will see what Gainsville has next week.Same coaches and we are losing some good seniors but we are bring back a load of juniors, sophomores and a freshman...plus all the J.V. guys that will have to step it up like this bunch did from the J.V. level.

GOFOR2
12-08-2003, 06:41 PM
JasperDog94:

bulldogvet85:
At the same time though burnet played a sloppy game in the second and third quarter. I would bet that the Jasper defensive scheme had a lot to do with that.I feel you JasperDog, but then that would mean having to give Jasper credit for slowing down the Green Machine. I think many of the Burnet posters understand that the playoffs are supposed to be tough and that the competition gets stiffer. Bulldogvet and a few other self-righteous posters, however, believe that their ineptitude comes from within, and has nothing to do with the opponent.

Haunta Yo
12-08-2003, 07:16 PM
I hope I get to go to Texas Stadium Saturday night. If so, I'll be cheering for the green bulldogs this time.

Last saturday was the best example I've ever seen regarding a demonstration of what Texas High School Football is all about - 2 great teams battling for a "bone" and everyone in a community supporting their efforts.

Before the game, I believed that the winner would go on to claim a state championship. I now think that BOTH teams have what it takes to win a state championship - Jasper will have a chance next season and Burnet will come home with one Saturday night.

P.S.
I don't think anything was wrong with Burnet last saturday. 40+ margins of victory aren't very common this deep in the playoffs. The level of talent, discipline, coaching and effort is so good that every win will be the result of a battle. Good luck!!!

Jason1725
12-08-2003, 07:25 PM
I think the difference between this years team and last years team has nothing to do with the coaches, the players last year simply didn't play up to par. I know that was the most depressing thing to me, they didn't execute and never showed what this years team did. Heart and team work, so in my mind this team proved to be better than last years simply by playing with a lot of heart and teamwork.

spaniard
12-08-2003, 07:28 PM
<strong>.

P.S.
I don't think anything was wrong with Burnet last saturday. 40+ margins of victory aren't very common this deep in the playoffs. The level of talent, discipline, coaching and effort is so good that every win will be the result of a battle. Good luck!!!i wish that everyone would understand this, even i do, and im one of the biggest homers in the world!! :D :D

PAINTBALL
12-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Jason1725:
I think the difference between this years team and last years team has nothing to do with the coaches, the players last year simply didn't play up to par. I know that was the most depressing thing to me, they didn't execute and never showed what this years team did. Heart and team work, so in my mind this team proved to be better than last years simply by playing with a lot of heart and teamwork.I disagree. I think the difference is almost totally the result of the different defensive scheme of the Jasper coaches. This is a compliment to the coaching staff, not a jab at them.

Whiskers
12-08-2003, 09:16 PM
I think that this year J-town did not take Burnet lightly. There was a lot more reviewing film and a lot more research into their weaknesses. I really don't think any coaches being brought in or out affected it. In fact, I don't think any left or came in. Just different game plans. And not to start any trouble, but I do see snowsnake's point. I will give props to Shipley's athletic ability, but I wasn't impressed with his discipline during the game. I did see him kick a downed Jasper player after the play and talking a lot. Thats just what I saw from my viewpoint. Still, it was a great game. Very Very good job Jasper. And good luck to Burnet in the Finals.

HotDawg89
12-08-2003, 10:10 PM
bulldogvet85:

JHS_c/o_06':
Bulldogvet,

dont take away anthing from your team. They didnt play sloppy, they played a very good game. Jasper just out played them the second and third quarter, and most of the 4th quarter. But Burnet took advantage of one of our mistakes and because of it, yall came out on top. But please, after they game Jasper and Burnet played yesterday, dont take away anything from them.I'm not taking anything away from them but if you would have seen them play through out the year, you would know that the things burnet did in those quarters and the mistakes made didnt seem like burnet. Yes jasper had a good defense, but burnet could have played a little better then what they did. I think that Jaspers secondary and Linbacker crew was real good. I like how they double teamed shipley and made him work, but you know shiple still found away to get out of it and get open.Okay- it is simple, it is time to give credit where credit is due. McGee's mistakes are probably from something really simple... #1-greed when he threw the ball backwards after he had already achieved a first down(a simple{really poor} attempt to gain a few more yards)...#2-nerves. His future coach was there watching him, the Governor was there watching him- a TON of Aggie football team members were watching him... simply put- I think he had a case of the eebie jeebies. #3- Jasper was just plain good, and far better than anyone from Burnet expected..

I'm getting tired of the Burnet fans saying that Burnet wasn't playing up to par. Did it ever occur to ANY of you that perhaps Jasper was just a far more talented team than we have played the last 13 weeks? Come on! Wake up! It is not easy to score huge on a team like Jasper, or to run away with a game. They are just plain good. That is why they keep making it back year after year after year. This is only the 2nd year in a row that we have had a stellar team. They have one all the time! And this years team was MUCH more skilled than last. Burnet fans are SPOILED. If we aren't making HUGE plays, there isn't much crowd support. We ought to be cheering for those guys when they make 3 yards on a team like Jasper!

Jasper- your team was just flat grade A! Your coaches had a SUPER game plan- well thought out- and executed a stunning defense, and a supurb O-line.

This is not necessarily directed at the posters I quoted, but I want everyone from Burnet to know that we should feel blessed and fortunate. There is no need in trading excuses about bad calls, etc. Yeah- there were some bad calls. On both sides. Jasper's O-line jumped time after time again and it was never called. I SAW our very own #8 (he's a great kid- but he was hot under the collar) take a kick at a player from Jasper as they lined up, and the entire Jasper sideline saw it too-- that also went uncalled. I saw a Jasper player go time and time again for Shipley's knees. It happened. Does it matter now? NO.

It was a tremendous game- but hell- it's over! No need to be a poor loser, or a cocky winner. Someone had to win, right?

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

29x281
12-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Let's focus on Gainesville.

Whiskers
12-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Thats a very good point. But it was pointed out earlier that cut blocks are legal. I talked with some of the players from Jasper and they said that film showed that Burnet had never played a team that went out and cut blocked. They figured they would not be ready for it. So all in all it was a legal thing. But your right, the officials had trouble keeping their eyes for both teams.

weatherag07
12-08-2003, 11:22 PM
<small>[ December 10, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: weatherag07 ]</small>

Haunta Yo
12-09-2003, 12:06 AM
[/qb][/QUOTE]I SAW our very own #8 (he's a great kid- but he was hot under the collar) take a kick at a player from Jasper as they lined up, and the entire Jasper sideline saw it too-- that also went uncalled. I saw a Jasper player go time and time again for Shipley's knees. It happened. [/QB][/QUOTE]

#8 was a defender and is no different than the other 10 defenders. Blocking a defender below the waist is VERY legal.
Kicking at a player is very illegal. (refs could have ejected him from the game)
#8 will show more composure in the finals - he just was frustrated. He might have been used to resting on defense, but he didn't get to rest much on Saturday - He was real busy trying to make plays.

j_dog
12-09-2003, 12:12 AM
HotDawg89
[...It was a tremendous game- but hell- it's over! No need to be a poor loser, or a cocky winner. Someone had to win, right?[/QB]HotDawg89, this was a very good post. Thank you for giving credit to Jasper. In truth, I don't think there were any losers on Saturday. Burnet won and is advancing to the state championship game, so they are definitely winners. Jasper beat the heck out of the predicted point spread, not to mention scaring the dickens out of Burnet and its fans so Jasper was also a winner. Jasper was a winner just to get to the Semi's so there is no reason to be crying. And, I think it is reasonable to assume they should go at least this far again next year since they expect to get almost everyone back. :)

olddog73
12-09-2003, 12:32 AM
j_dog:

HotDawg89
[...It was a tremendous game- but hell- it's over! No need to be a poor loser, or a cocky winner. Someone had to win, right?HotDawg89, this was a very good post. Thank you for giving credit to Jasper. In truth, I don't think there were any losers on Saturday. Burnet won and is advancing to the state championship game, so they are definitely winners. Jasper beat the heck out of the predicted point spread, not to mention scaring the dickens out of Burnet and its fans so Jasper was also a winner. Jasper was a winner just to get to the Semi's so there is no reason to be crying. And, I think it is reasonable to assume they should go at least this far again next year since they expect to get almost everyone back. :) [/QB]J dog, I agree, Jasper has a lot to be proud of, they came in as an underdog and made some waves. Good luck next year!

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Thanks HotDawg. Good post!

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

jbulldawg
12-09-2003, 09:01 AM
Hottogo:
Im just curious, does Jasper have the same coaching staff this year that they did last year or were there some changes made this year. The contrast between the two years is striking. Last year it appeared that Jasper was poorley coached with very little game plan. This year Jasper was awsome, it was obvious that the coaches had put a lot of work into their game plan and the players were not only talented, (as they were last year also)but they were also disaplined and very well coached. I was wondering all game if there had been a change. Congratulations to both Bulldog Teams, what a game! Good luck next year Jasper, if your returning most of your key players and coaches, next year should be your year. Because up to now I havent seen a team other than Burnet that could have handled you. We will see what Gainsville has next week.Mostly the same coaching staff.... with the exception of a new guy coaching defense

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: jbulldawg ]</small>

southern_thunder
12-09-2003, 09:13 AM
<small>[ December 10, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

Junkyard
12-09-2003, 09:44 AM
The only change in coaching was the DLine coach, I believe. But I know one thing these guys did a great job all year and against Burnet a fantastic job. They had a great game plan and stuck with it. Not only that, they had the kids believing in it and that is the key. If the kids dont believe in the game plan and dont execute it then it doesnt matter how good the plan is.
Hats off the staff for a great job and the kids for playing and giving all they had.

Good luck to the Jasper Dogs next year!!

And good luck the Burnet Dogs this week!!!

JasperDog94
12-09-2003, 09:56 AM
nm

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Hmmm. Interesting observation...

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

Hupernikomen
12-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Article in Beaumont paper describing the game.

Beaumont Enterprise (http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10627765&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512556&rfi=6)

What paper covers Burnet? I would like to read their write-up.

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Hupernikomen:

Beaumont Enterprise (http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10627765&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512556&rfi=6)

What paper covers Burnet? I would like to read their write-up....as would I.

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 03:30 PM
test...

HotDawg89
12-09-2003, 04:24 PM
nm

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

CentralTxFan
12-09-2003, 04:56 PM
nm

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: CentralTxFan ]</small>

CentralTxFan
12-09-2003, 05:01 PM
nm

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: CentralTxFan ]</small>

St. Ivender
12-09-2003, 05:34 PM
bulldogvet85:
I just wanna know what happened to burnet after that first quarter. they dominated the first quarter and controled the clock. then slowly they became slopy, McGee made several questionable plays that I dont think he should have made. Plus I dont know how the defense from burnet couldnt stop the Jasper run it wasnt like they had so many diffrent formations and runs for the most part they ran the same thing over and over and over with little variation. Jasper did the best job I think of double teaming shipley, but he still did find ways to get open and get around it. there were a few times when he was open off the double coverage and McGee didnt get it to him. Jasper looked good and did some good things but turnovers kill you especially in the 4th. At the same time though burnet played a sloppy game in the second and third quarter. there first and fourth quarters were good though.The above observation was similar to what I saw. For such a good/successful team Jasper seemed unorganized and sloppy. Their inability to pass the ball killed them. Burnet was a time-bomb waiting to explode the second and third quarters, their eruption was inevitable regardless of what Jasper's "scheme" was. When Shipley was on defense he was being mugged by # 10 from Jasper. He was late hit several plays and complained to the refs about it with good reason. Someone earlier said he was crying to the refs. He had a legitimate beef. # 10 was punching him repeatedly
especially after the whistle. Jasper was fortunate to hang with Burnet as long as they did. McGee had all day to throw. When he finally decided to pull it down and run he was chased and dropped. While I watched him I kept thinking "I'm glad he's going to A&M and not UT because he looked like a dog with fleas". But then he guided them to victory and I remebered his stats and I figured Jasper's defense probably had something to do with his (up til then) poor performance. Now I think this kid is the real deal.

southern_thunder
12-09-2003, 06:53 PM
St. Ivender:

bulldogvet85:
I just wanna know what happened to burnet after that first quarter. they dominated the first quarter and controled the clock. then slowly they became slopy, McGee made several questionable plays that I dont think he should have made. Plus I dont know how the defense from burnet couldnt stop the Jasper run it wasnt like they had so many diffrent formations and runs for the most part they ran the same thing over and over and over with little variation. Jasper did the best job I think of double teaming shipley, but he still did find ways to get open and get around it. there were a few times when he was open off the double coverage and McGee didnt get it to him. Jasper looked good and did some good things but turnovers kill you especially in the 4th. At the same time though burnet played a sloppy game in the second and third quarter. there first and fourth quarters were good though.The above observation was similar to what I saw. For such a good/successful team Jasper seemed unorganized and sloppy. Their inability to pass the ball killed them. Burnet was a time-bomb waiting to explode the second and third quarters, their eruption was inevitable regardless of what Jasper's "scheme" was. When Shipley was on defense he was being mugged by # 10 from Jasper. He was late hit several plays and complained to the refs about it with good reason. Someone earlier said he was crying to the refs. He had a legitimate beef. # 10 was punching him repeatedly
especially after the whistle. Jasper was fortunate to hang with Burnet as long as they did. McGee had all day to throw. When he finally decided to pull it down and run he was chased and dropped. While I watched him I kept thinking "I'm glad he's going to A&M and not UT because he looked like a dog with fleas". But then he guided them to victory and I remebered his stats and I figured Jasper's defense probably had something to do with his (up til then) poor performance. Now I think this kid is the real deal.St. why do you feel you have to run down Jasper every chance you get? Is it because they have beaten you beloved Eagles 3 out of the last 4 times they played. Shipley was not getting mugged by #10 he was being blocked and no punches thrown, but Shipley did kick at a Jasper player once and this was even admitted by the Burnet fans. Every thing Jasper did to Shipley was legal and between the whistles. He was just not used to being blocked below the waste and it seem to frustrate him.
Jasper seemed unorganized and sloppy? What game were you at? you have to be the worst loser ever!! Oh wait the Newton Eagles lost 2 weeks ago didnt they.

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 07:15 PM
St. Ivender:

bulldogvet85:
especially after the whistle. Jasper was fortunate to hang with Burnet as long as they did. McGee had all day to throw. When he finally decided to pull it down and run he was chased and dropped. While I watched him I kept thinking "I'm glad he's going to A&M and not UT because he looked like a dog with fleas". But then he guided them to victory and I remebered his stats and I figured Jasper's defense probably had something to do with his (up til then) poor performance. Now I think this kid is the real deal.I didn't see the game, so I can't confirm nor deny how "sloppy" Jasper was. But I know that Jasper "cooked up" a unique offensive and defensive scheme just for Burnet and integrated it within a week's time. If they were a little "sloppy", it was probably because of unfamiliar assignments. Give Jasper some credit. They achieved what no other team has against Burnet. :rolleyes:

southern_thunder
12-09-2003, 07:20 PM
The game wasnt sloppy at all by either team. And the offense that Jasper used wasnt that unique either they ran the mostly the same plays as before just from different formations to utilize thier strengths and attack what they must have felt were Burnets weaknesses. And on defense everyone keeps saying that Jasper played with 3 down linemen, but this was not the case. Jasper had 4 down linemen the majority of the time but on passing downs they did go to a 3 man front. I would say they were ina 3 man front about 40% of the time.

Junkyard
12-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Guys these are 16-18 yearold kids they are not going to play every play perfect, neather team looked sloppy.

marktaras
12-09-2003, 07:47 PM
If anyone went to this game with no preference as to who won, and with an impartial view, they would say that they watched one helluva football game. Both teams were awesome. Period.

Junkyard
12-09-2003, 08:23 PM
marktaras:
If anyone went to this game with no preference as to who won, and with an impartial view, they would say that they watched one helluva football game. Both teams were awesome. Period.Well I did have a preference as to who won, and I still say it was one helluva a game. Maybe the best high school game I have ever seen. Congratulations to both teams, you really gave the fans their moneys worth and some.

olddog73
12-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Junkyard:

marktaras:
If anyone went to this game with no preference as to who won, and with an impartial view, they would say that they watched one helluva football game. Both teams were awesome. Period.Well I did have a preference as to who won, and I still say it was one helluva a game. Maybe the best high school game I have ever seen. Congratulations to both teams, you really gave the fans their moneys worth and some.ditto! in a big way!

olddog73
12-09-2003, 09:03 PM
Hupernikomen:

What paper covers Burnet? I would like to read their write-up.Try the Austin American Statesman, I think it may already be posted in this thread or one of the others, it would be at statesman.com, and the Bryan, College Station Eagle had a good article on it also at brazossports.com

weatherag07
12-09-2003, 09:49 PM
nm

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: weatherag07 ]</small>

fred grunden
12-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Some pre-game quotes from local papers:
Jasper Newsboy, Dec 3, 2003:
Coaches like to, as one of Texas' mosts famous said, "dance with who brung us." "Changes are tough in the semifinals," Coach Danny Lauve says.
However, during the season Lauve has seen his four top offensive guards go down with injury. First it was Dennis Marken (Jr). Then Brandon Moore (sr.) joined him on the sidelines for a few games but returned. Marken's replacement, Brad Chapman (soph), was felled. Dennis Marken's brother, Ben (sr.), moved over from defense to play guard but, alas, he too succumed to injury. And last Friday against Manor, Moore hurt his other knee and, poof, the top four guards were gone.
Will Alvis (soph), a center until three weeks ago, has moved in at left guard. Lauve says
his coaches will do a lot of experimenting this week to fill the other guard spot. Big senior running back Marlon Cook is also injured and chances are slim he'll be ready for Burnet.

In the Beaumont Enterprise (Dec 3), Coach Lauve is quoted as saying, "They say defense wins championships and our defense has really put us in the position we're in now. So we're going to continue to rely on those kids to get it done."

So 3a downlow fans, now you see what the green dogs of Burnet were facing last Saturday at Kyle field. They had their hands full with a remade offensive line and backfield.

dawgdad
12-09-2003, 11:45 PM
snowsnake:

mwisnews:

dawgdad
12-09-2003, 11:47 PM
snowsnake:

mwisnews:

dawgdad
12-09-2003, 11:50 PM
dawgdad:

snowsnake:

mwisnews:
Man I am glad that they found something inside of them and found a way to win. That's what a champion does.What did they find? How about a 60 yard run called back by a very questionable call, did they find that or was it given to them? How about a pass for a first down and a sustained drive that was ended by another very questionable call, did they find that or was this another gift as well? How about your offensive line holding on nearly every play and your PRIMETIME quarterback still getting sacked numerous times. Was that an early Christmas present? By the way where was super star Shipley. He spent more time crying to the refs. than he did playing ball and It appears that possible champions are made in Burnett by crying to the refs for special treatment and then getting it. Man what a load of HOOEY. Just like all high school games you caught a few breaks (some deserved, others given to you, but you were kept in the game, nontheless). Luck played a part, but if all things were level and the refs had called a perfect game, Jasper would have beat you. Jasper outplayed you and showed themselves to be twice the champions. I was very shocked at how your so called champions handled themselves during the game. Your arrogance almost outdid you today. Hopefully it will, come CHAMPIONSHIP time.You guys have a great team. Why do you run them down by making excuses? Your team came along way. Stop blaming every one else?

dawgdad
12-09-2003, 11:54 PM
2KDawg:
give me your address so i can send you a box of tissues!!... What I saw was a great well faught game by two outstanding teams. Im sure the jasper community is glad that they are not represented by a cry baby and his excuses.... :p Ditto

dawgdad
12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Bulldog Fan:

2KDawg:
Hey guys dont let snowbunny get under your skin... an idiot and his crying from who knows where, doesnt know what we know and doesnt see what we see everyday in this great team and in this great town! Hell id be jeleous to if i wasnt from BURNET!!!! :D :D This is exactly the attitude that makes people despise you and your town. What a shame.What a shame you don't understand what our community feels for our boys. or you would know that none of the hype makes a difference.

cm4444
12-10-2003, 02:19 AM
The Burnet Bulletin came out tonight and has big story on the Burnet vs Jasper game...

spiveyrat
12-10-2003, 07:36 AM
cm4444:
The Burnet Bulletin came out tonight and has big story on the Burnet vs Jasper game...Is it online?

St. Ivender
12-10-2003, 09:12 AM
southern_thunder:

St. Ivender:

bulldogvet85:
especially after the whistle. Jasper was fortunate to hang with Burnet as long as they did. McGee had all day to throw. When he finally decided to pull it down and run he was chased and dropped. While I watched him I kept thinking "I'm glad he's going to A&M and not UT because he looked like a dog with fleas". But then he guided them to victory and I remebered his stats and I figured Jasper's defense probably had something to do with his (up til then) poor performance. Now I think this kid is the real deal.St. why do you feel you have to run down Jasper every chance you get? Is it because they have beaten you beloved Eagles 3 out of the last 4 times they played. Shipley was not getting mugged by #10 he was being blocked and no punches thrown, but Shipley did kick at a Jasper player once and this was even admitted by the Burnet fans. Every thing Jasper did to Shipley was legal and between the whistles. He was just not used to being blocked below the waste and it seem to frustrate him.
Jasper seemed unorganized and sloppy? What game were you at? you have to be the worst loser ever!! Oh wait the Newton Eagles lost 2 weeks ago didnt they.Jasper played a heck of a game and I give them all the credit they deserve. They had the favorite on the ropes and almost delivered the knock out blow. I don't know anything about questionable calls all I know is what I saw. My philosophy is hit the other team in the mouth until they bleed which Jasper did. Shipley was mugged but he should not have cried and whined about it. The king is dead. Long live the king.

dawg03
12-10-2003, 09:42 AM
It was a well fought out game. Gave Burnet a serious run for our money. Jasper, you guys were an awesome team! Very impressive season, and good luck next year! :D

JasperDog94
12-10-2003, 11:09 AM
fred grunden:
Some pre-game quotes from local papers:
Jasper Newsboy, Dec 3, 2003:
Coaches like to, as one of Texas' mosts famous said, "dance with who brung us." "Changes are tough in the semifinals," Coach Danny Lauve says.
However, during the season Lauve has seen his four top offensive guards go down with injury. First it was Dennis Marken (Jr). Then Brandon Moore (sr.) joined him on the sidelines for a few games but returned. Marken's replacement, Brad Chapman (soph), was felled. Dennis Marken's brother, Ben (sr.), moved over from defense to play guard but, alas, he too succumed to injury. And last Friday against Manor, Moore hurt his other knee and, poof, the top four guards were gone.
Will Alvis (soph), a center until three weeks ago, has moved in at left guard. Lauve says
his coaches will do a lot of experimenting this week to fill the other guard spot. Big senior running back Marlon Cook is also injured and chances are slim he'll be ready for Burnet.

In the Beaumont Enterprise (Dec 3), Coach Lauve is quoted as saying, "They say defense wins championships and our defense has really put us in the position we're in now. So we're going to continue to rely on those kids to get it done."

So 3a downlow fans, now you see what the green dogs of Burnet were facing last Saturday at Kyle field. They had their hands full with a remade offensive line and backfield.I had no idea... eek!

HotDawg89
12-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Man, that is the breaks huh? That is what we had to deal with last year when we played Jasper. McGee's broken leg, and hurt knee- he couldn't even run... then Jordan's toe kept him from being able to cut like he could have.... injuries really hurt us in the Everman game too. That is part of what killed us. However, I would have to say perhaps Everman would have been the better team even without our injuries- we'll never know. Just like we will never know what could have been without Jasper's injuries. It is a shame that when your teams get this deep into the playoffs that we can't all be 100%. Then there would never be a question. BUt the games get tougher as you go. I've watched Chris Levens bounce up time and time again after getting nailed- but he was HURTING after playing with Jasper... the teams get tougher-that's why it's the playoffs!

I'll say this though, we did have our hands full of with what Jasper gave us. Anything more may have very well tipped the scales.