PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Winner?

lvbears32
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Who takes home the hardware?

lvbears32
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Goin with McCoy....duz that make me a homer?

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
Goin with McCoy....duz that make me a homer?

No but saying "duz" makes you look.. well, goofy:D LOL

lvbears32
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
No but saying "duz" makes you look.. well, goofy:D LOL

Ouch....that DUZ hurt

Old Tiger
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
White Thunder

Deuce
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
i went with Suh even though he probably will not get it. IMO he is the most outstanding player in the nation!

Third
12-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
i went with Suh even though he probably will not get it. IMO he is the most outstanding player in the nation!

No doubt. 82 tackles (50 solo), 23 tackles for loss (12 sacks), 1 interception, 10 pass break ups, 24 qb hurries, 1 forced fumble, and 3 blocked kicks.

Deuce
12-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Third
No doubt. 82 tackles (50 solo), 23 tackles for loss (12 sacks), 1 interception, 10 pass break ups, 24 qb hurries, 1 forced fumble, and 3 blocked kicks.

This kid is the REAL DEAL! And I am even a loyal UT backer.

Third
12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
This kid is the REAL DEAL! And I am even a loyal UT backer.

Same here. I could not believe his play in the Big 12 title game. He was simply amazing.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Third, Duece.. get off his N***.

HAHA:p

Deuce
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Third, Duece.. get off his N***.

HAHA:p

Don't make me pick up Graham's #2 and head to Waco!

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Don't make me pick up Graham's #2 and head to Waco!

Shoot, bring him on. I've fought bigger:devil:

Spread It Out
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Suh should get it without a doubt but in today's world he doesn't have a shot. McCoy or Ingram will get it.

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
No reason to really have a poll like this on the board. Before I even clicked the thread i would have guessed McCoy would be leading because people are such homers. lol

Deuce
12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
No reason to really have a poll like this on the board. Before I even clicked the thread i would have guessed McCoy would be leading because people are such homers. lol

Read my posts HOMER! Must be another Aggie.

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Read my posts HOMER! Must be another Aggie.

nowhere in my post did it say Deuce did it? Im referring to the 8 other people that aren't thinking outside the "box". Box meaning their obvious homerism.

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
also what in that world would make you think i'm an aggie

Deuce
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
also what in that world would make you think i'm an aggie

Most Mccoy haters are Ags or Sooners!

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
nowhere in my post did it say Deuce did it? Im referring to the 8 other people that aren't thinking outside the "box". Box meaning their obvious homerism.

Is it required to think outside the box?

Ever occur to you that maybe other individuals think Colt is fully worthy of the award.

I personally have not voted in the poll but I would have voted for CJ Spiller if he had been nominated.

GreenGobbla
12-08-2009, 04:25 PM
definitely not going with colt, doesnt deserve it with others like suh and ingram in the mix. mark ingram gets my vote

GreenGobbla
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM

im neither and cant stand colt mccoy, so booya

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM

so because i don't think Mccoy deserves it im a Mccoy hater? No way. However i do think that was a boneheaded play last play by him that he got away with.

44INAROW
ok "girl" question.. How often has a Defensive player rec'd the Heisman?

JasperDog94
In a lot of people's minds McCoy should have won last year. And fair or unfair, people may take last year into consideration. Now his numbers are certainly not what they were a year ago, but he means as much to this team PLAYING FOR THE NATIONAL TITLE as anybody on any team in the nation.

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
In a lot of people's minds McCoy should have won last year. And fair or unfair, people may take last year into consideration. Now his numbers are certainly not what they were a year ago, but he means as much to this team PLAYING FOR THE NATIONAL TITLE as anybody on any team in the nation.

you hit the nail with that one. People are obviously playing the sympathy card with him for last year. Hopefully the actuall Heisman voters don't do the same.

Emerson1
12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ok "girl" question.. How often has a Defensive player rec'd the Heisman?
Once

Rabbit'93
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Once strictly a def player once. but back in the day they played both ways.

Deuce
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
im neither and cant stand colt mccoy, so booya

Your entitled to your own opinion, but if your neither of the 2 could i ask why u cant stand him

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
The only reason he would win this year is if the Heisman voters play the sympathy card that all you homers are playing because of last year.

bobcat4life
12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I voted for Ingram. He had 125 yards and 3 touchdowns against Florida, and has played good all year.

Tebow is only on there because ESPN employees with a vote were required to vote for him. He didnt have the year expected out of him and was sub par most of the time.

Colt had a down year as well. He had one "good" game all year-against a team with a bad defense. He probably had it won with a decent game against Nebrask, but he played pooy.

Gerhart, who I hope wins it, will not because of Stanfords record.

Suh, who is the best player in the nation and a beast, will not win because I dont think the voters will vote for a defensive lineman. And he wasnt on TV enough.

That leaves Ingram, the only one without something that will hurt him dramatically.

RMAC
12-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

That is correct, but that's not what the trophy is for. It is for the BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY, not the one who meant the most for his team, playing for the MNC or not.

N4SIR
12-08-2009, 10:21 PM
McCoy wins it. You can take it to the bank.

bobcat4life
12-08-2009, 11:27 PM
i heard on the radio that there is a website that inerviewed some of the voters and has done so for 7 years. they have gotten all 7 selections since they started right. they picked:
1 Ingram
2 Gerhart
3 Suh
4 McCoy
5 Tebow.
i cant remember the name of the site but I think it was stiffarmtrophy.com or stiffarmhardware.com

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
McCoy wins it. You can take it to the bank.

lol if we bet on this i would actually be taking you to the bank to get my money because this it is not happening

carter08
12-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Ingram will win.
Suh should win.

big daddy russ
12-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Ingram will win.
Suh should win.
+1

statewide
12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Texas A&M and Nebraska took the award from McCoy, he had it until then. Now he has no chance. Ingram will win it, then McCoy will lose the national championship and roll off into the abyss with Chris Sims and other Texas QB's of the past. At least McCoy is a good guy that can read and write unlike Vince Young, Ricky Williams and other TU graduates although he has no future in the NFL above a 3rd string backup. He will have a productive life and has been a good example to many, just should have been an Aggie.

SintonPirateFan
12-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by statewide
Texas A&M and Nebraska took the award from McCoy, he had it until then. Now he has no chance. Ingram will win it, then McCoy will lose the national championship and roll off into the abyss with Chris Sims and other Texas QB's of the past. At least McCoy is a good guy that can read and write unlike Vince Young, Ricky Williams and other TU graduates although he has no future in the NFL above a 3rd string backup. He will have a productive life and has been a good example to many, just should have been an Aggie.

how did a&m do anything to mccoy? as i recall, he lit up the aggie defense all night.

N4SIR
12-09-2009, 09:08 AM
So using your analogy --- Auburn took it from Ingram.

N4SIR
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
In case you forgot --- Ingram had no TD's against Auburn and a grand total of 36 yards rushing.

SintonPirateFan
12-09-2009, 09:18 AM
In case you forgot --- Ingram had no TD's against Auburn and a grand total of 36 yards rushing.

and 99 yards rushing, 0 TD's against Tennessee.

Third
12-09-2009, 09:43 AM

Well if that ain't Heisman worthy, I don't know what is. I don't like Ingram as the pick because better backs have come and gone in college and put up numbers that put Ingram's to shame and they never sniffed the Heisman.

N4SIR
12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I agree. I don't think it should be Ingram this year. He's young and has time to improve. He might still get it down the road, but not this year.

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2009, 09:59 AM

you're a fool, A&M took nothing away from McCoy, the Horns defense got raped by A&M but that in no way looks bad on McCoy. And because you have gotten me riled up let it be known that I was here just in case this thread gets closed. And as far as 3rd string backups in the NFL, who is th thrid string back up for the Cowboys?