PDA

View Full Version : HIGHSCHOOL BCS (whos #1 and #2

MARLINFAN
12-09-2003, 10:20 AM
I f they was a such thing who would be #1 and #2. by the strengts of the schedule marlin would be #1 followed by gainesvile then burnet at #3. this dosent mean anything just having fun. who would be the top 5 teams.

Phil C
12-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Great Observation Marlin. Thank goodness Texas High School has a real playoff system where our champions are determined on the field.

Bellville22
12-09-2003, 01:11 PM
That would be cool, but no need to screw up high school the way they screwed up college.

However, Marlin wouldn't be #1, cause the 4 losses would knock them down considerably. They would get a "quality win" however, beating Newton and Bellville.

Man, what a mess that would be if we really had this.

crzyjournalist03
12-09-2003, 03:32 PM
OK...let's see...Gainesville would be number one....they're ranked 2 or 3 in most human polls, they have some quality wins, and they have no losses, so the computers would love them and put them at the top...

Number two would go to Forney. It should go to Burnet considering that they're number one team in just about every poll, but the computers might do them a little damage based upon the DFW dominance coalition...Forney is much closer to the DFW area, so Burnet would get sent to a consolation game rather than the championship because the competition down there just isn't the same as the competition in DFW :D :D :D

So the Barbecue Bowl, the state's championship bowl, would feature Gainesville vs. Forney.

Burnet would probably play Atlanta in the Bluebonnet Bowl, a game in which Burnet would be heavily favored...should they come out and win the game, they'd earn a split state championship regardless of what goes on in the real championship...Coach Carroll...err, I mean, Coach Shipley, said that the Bluebonnet Bowl is the game that Burnet has their sights on every season, and it's the game that they want to play in...they understand the way the BCS worked out, but the polls have them as the number one team, so they're playing for a state championship in the Bluebonnet Bowl.

The third BCS game would feature Everman and Kennedale in the Chili Pepper Bowl, a rematch of a game earlier in the season...the former champs and defending powerhouse lost earlier in the season to the Kennedale squad, and they'll probably be meeting again early in the season next year...this game would create a great local interest, but not necessarily as big of an interest state-wide.

The final BCS game would feature Marlin and Gilmer in the Tostitos Tortilla Bowl...this is a game that highly ranked Belville expected to be in until Marlin pulled off the surprising victory last week. Belville is undoubtedly a team deserving of a BCS berth, and a team that is probably better than lots of teams in the BCS, but they get shafted and once again get sent to the Culligan Holiday Bowl...err, I mean, the Consolation Texas Stadium Bowl...

so folks, there you have it...the BCS in High School football!

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 03:38 PM
crzyjournalist03:
OK...let's see...Gainesville would be number one....they're ranked 2 or 3 in most human polls, they have some quality wins, and they have no losses, so the computers would love them and put them at the top...

Number two would go to Forney. It should go to Burnet considering that they're number one team in just about every poll, but the computers might do them a little damage based upon the DFW dominance coalition...Forney is much closer to the DFW area, so Burnet would get sent to a consolation game rather than the championship because the competition down there just isn't the same as the competition in DFW :D :D :D

So the Barbecue Bowl, the state's championship bowl, would feature Gainesville vs. Forney.

Burnet would probably play Atlanta in the Bluebonnet Bowl, a game in which Burnet would be heavily favored...should they come out and win the game, they'd earn a split state championship regardless of what goes on in the real championship...Coach Carroll...err, I mean, Coach Shipley, said that the Bluebonnet Bowl is the game that Burnet has their sights on every season, and it's the game that they want to play in...they understand the way the BCS worked out, but the polls have them as the number one team, so they're playing for a state championship in the Bluebonnet Bowl.

The third BCS game would feature Everman and Kennedale in the Chili Pepper Bowl, a rematch of a game earlier in the season...the former champs and defending powerhouse lost earlier in the season to the Kennedale squad, and they'll probably be meeting again early in the season next year...this game would create a great local interest, but not necessarily as big of an interest state-wide.

The final BCS game would feature Marlin and Gilmer in the Tostitos Tortilla Bowl...this is a game that highly ranked Belville expected to be in until Marlin pulled off the surprising victory last week. Belville is undoubtedly a team deserving of a BCS berth, and a team that is probably better than lots of teams in the BCS, but they get shafted and once again get sent to the Culligan Holiday Bowl...err, I mean, the Consolation Texas Stadium Bowl...

so folks, there you have it...the BCS in High School football!No love for Jasper? eek!

...and Barbque Bowl? I can see it now, the Kraft KC Masterpiece bowl!

crzyjournalist03
12-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Jasper reminded me too much of Tennessee...a very good team, but they just didn't seem to get the kind of attention that they needed and deserved to get into the BCS

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Oh, the Rodney Dangerfield of 3A, eh? wink

zippy
12-09-2003, 04:10 PM
by the strengts of the schedule marlin would be #1 followed by gainesvile then burnet at #3. If memory doesn't fail me, Burnet beat Marlin 35-7 in week 4. So how do you justify Marlin #1 and Burnet #3? :rolleyes: :D

Bellville22
12-09-2003, 04:50 PM
crzyjournalist03
[QB]Belville is undoubtedly a team deserving of a BCS berth, and a team that is probably better than lots of teams in the BCS, but they get shafted and once again get sent to the Culligan Holiday Bowl...err, I mean, the Consolation Texas Stadium Bowl...

QB]PRICELESS!!!

MARLINFAN
12-09-2003, 06:02 PM
by strenghts of schedule. marlin played the #1 3a and #1 4a. lost. we beat the #2 3a and ran it up on the #9 3a newton. so by this we would have played 4 ranked teams. so that is why marlin would be #1 by computer rankings. yOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE BCS ALL WAYS SCREWS STUFF UP. LOL :D

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

zippy
12-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Oh, now I understand. :D Now, lets see......OU beat Texas, then lost to Kansas St., Texas beat Kansas St....So therefore, TEXAS is #1. :D

Dang, this is cool,...someone hurry up and call Mack Brown, tell him he is playing for the national championship. :D

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: zippy ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
12-09-2003, 06:30 PM
zippy:
Oh, now I understand. :D Now, lets see......OU beat Texas, then lost to Kansas St., Texas beat Kansas St....So therefore, TEXAS is #1. :D

Dang, this is cool,...someone hurry up and call Mack Brown, tell him he is playing for the national championship. :D wait...but Texas lost to Arkansas who lost to Auburn who lost to Georgia Tech who lost to Duke who lost to Northwestern who lost to Air Force who lost to Colorado State who lost to Colorado who lost to Baylor who lost to UAB who lost to Troy State who lost to Middle Tennessee State who lost to Florida Atlantic who plays Colgate this weekend in the Division IAA playoffs! So the winner of the Division IAA championship should be playing in the Nokia Sugar Bowl!!!!

MARLINFAN
12-09-2003, 06:36 PM
WHOA eek!

3ahunter2k4
12-09-2003, 06:52 PM
MARLINFAN:
by strenghts of schedule. marlin played the #1 3a and #1 4a. lost. we beat the #2 3a and ran it up on the #9 3a newton. so by this we would have played 4 ranked teams. so that is why marlin would be #1 by computer rankings. yOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE BCS ALL WAYS SCREWS STUFF UP. LOL :D no. they might have the toughtest strength of schedule category but they still have four losses. i don't even remember the last time a 4 loss team or too many 3 loss teams were even in the BCS top 15.

3ahunter2k4
12-09-2003, 06:53 PM
god that was way too serious i take it back.

husker_football_fan
12-09-2003, 07:00 PM
if there was a highschool BCS Bellville would play for the state title.

marktaras
12-09-2003, 08:10 PM
crzyjournalist03:

zippy:

Dang, this is cool,...someone hurry up and call Mack Brown, tell him he is playing for the national championship. :D wait...but Texas lost to Arkansas who lost to Auburn who lost to Georgia Tech who lost to Duke who lost to Northwestern who lost to Air Force who lost to Colorado State who lost to Colorado who lost to Baylor who lost to UAB who lost to Troy State who lost to Middle Tennessee State who lost to Florida Atlantic who plays Colgate this weekend in the Division IAA playoffs! So the winner of the Division IAA championship should be playing in the Nokia Sugar Bowl!!!!Oh wait! I get it, I get it! If football was a sexually transmitted disease, then Florida Atlantic has beaten everyone that Middle Tennesee State has beaten the past seven years and so on and so on......

SintonFan
12-09-2003, 08:50 PM
crzyjournalist03:

so folks, there you have it...the BCS in High School football!.
LMAO!!!
crzy, you got way too much time on your hands. :D
That post was like Church's Chicken... :cool:

crzyjournalist03
12-09-2003, 08:58 PM
SintonFan:

crzyjournalist03:

so folks, there you have it...the BCS in High School football!.
LMAO!!!
crzy, you got way too much time on your hands. :D
That post was like Church's Chicken... :cool: Thanks! I try!

DawgMaw02
12-09-2003, 10:47 PM
crzyjournalist03:

zippy:

Dang, this is cool,...someone hurry up and call Mack Brown, tell him he is playing for the national championship. :D wait...but Texas lost to Arkansas who lost to Auburn who lost to Georgia Tech who lost to Duke who lost to Northwestern who lost to Air Force who lost to Colorado State who lost to Colorado who lost to Baylor who lost to UAB who lost to Troy State who lost to Middle Tennessee State who lost to Florida Atlantic who plays Colgate this weekend in the Division IAA playoffs! So the winner of the Division IAA championship should be playing in the Nokia Sugar Bowl!!!!Sounds alot like that Kevin Bacon game to me! LOL :D :p

crzyjournalist03
12-09-2003, 11:02 PM
DawgMaw02:

crzyjournalist03:

zippy:

Dang, this is cool,...someone hurry up and call Mack Brown, tell him he is playing for the national championship. :D wait...but Texas lost to Arkansas who lost to Auburn who lost to Georgia Tech who lost to Duke who lost to Northwestern who lost to Air Force who lost to Colorado State who lost to Colorado who lost to Baylor who lost to UAB who lost to Troy State who lost to Middle Tennessee State who lost to Florida Atlantic who plays Colgate this weekend in the Division IAA playoffs! So the winner of the Division IAA championship should be playing in the Nokia Sugar Bowl!!!!Sounds alot like that Kevin Bacon game to me! LOL :D :p actually, it's a lot like that...I first saw it a couple of years ago, but basically, every time there's a team with a loss in a championship game, you can trace teams' losses all the way to a Division IAA or even Division II school...that connection I showed took me about 10 minutes...but I'm sure I could come up with more.

next generation
12-09-2003, 11:20 PM
I disagree MARLINFAN. The district of Marlin would drop there rankings in that. So it would be #1 Gainesville #2 Burnet #3 Marlin

fmsc64
12-10-2003, 10:30 AM
:) But it's not Next Generation! Marlin beat Bellville or didn't you hear?
See ya in the funny papers! :p

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2003, 02:16 PM
ttt

Whiskers
12-10-2003, 05:09 PM
I too want to see Jasper in one of these "bowls". I think that they have proven themselves deserving of an invite.That's just my opinion though.

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Whiskers:
I too want to see Jasper in one of these "bowls". I think that they have proven themselves deserving of an invite.That's just my opinion though.ok...I already said that they reminded me a lot of a deserving Tennessee team that had a tough road to the championship (note that one of the teams they lost to are playing in the championship game just like Jasper). So, I guess that would put them in the Grandy's Fried Chicken Bowl to face Clemson...I mean, Sinton!