PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Fans ?????

trdogs09
12-07-2009, 11:19 PM
I have been reading on the AA football boards from Refugio fans claiming that Cuero would not and will not play them?

Is there any truth to that?

injuredinmelee
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Brad McCoy has Cuero Gobbler pajamas. (I am responding to every thread with a Brad McCoy reference. Yes my life is that boring and pathetic.)

carter08
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Brad McCoy has Cuero Gobbler pajamas. (I am responding to every thread with a Brad McCoy reference. Yes my life is that boring and pathetic.)

Nick Saban wears pajamas.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2009, 12:50 AM
did you know on road trips that Saban carries Brad McCoys jock?

WILDGOBBLERCAT
12-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Maybe in a wheelbarrow. He is related to Colt, right?

IHStangFan
12-08-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure there's any truth to that. I don't pretend to know for sure though. I'd SUSPECT that the teams match up well talent-wise......but you'd have to figure that Cuero's depth would be a factor & Refugio's lack of when compared to Cuero's larger 3A enrollment would be a deciding factor. All speculation though of course.

44INAROW
12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by trdogs09
I have been reading on the AA football boards from Refugio fans claiming that Cuero would not and will not play them?

Is there any truth to that?

I would say that is 100% crapola..

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I would say that is 100% crapola.. I would say, Refugio should worry about the task at hand. The Daingerfield Tigers are gonna be rolling into Bowers Stadium on Saturday...............and they ain't nothing nice!!!!

waterboy
12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I would say, Refugio should worry about the task at hand. The Daingerfield Tigers are gonna be rolling into Bowers Stadium on Saturday...............and they ain't nothing nice!!!!
Besides that, I think Cuero would donkey-stomp Refugio...... ;)

I think Daingerfield will beat Refugio by at least 2 TDs.....

Old Green
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm not sure there's any truth to that. I don't pretend to know for sure though. I'd SUSPECT that the teams match up well talent-wise......but you'd have to figure that Cuero's depth would be a factor & Refugio's lack of when compared to Cuero's larger 3A enrollment would be a deciding factor. All speculation though of course. Cuero never plays 2A schools Yoakum being the exception back in the 70's. They scrimaged about 5 years ago and it wasn't pretty. Some of the refugio boys got banged up in that scrimage.

Green Bling
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
We hosted Monday Night Football at our house last night and this topic came up for discussion. We all thought it would be good to play Refugio. Maybe a scrimmage, but Old Green is right that historically we usually don't play 2A teams. Not really sure they want to play us. I know that scheduling pre-season games is sometimes a tough deal for that reason.

SintonPirateFan
12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Sinton/Refugio used to have a pretty big rivalry... someone may prove me wrong on this but i think it was refugio in the early/mid 90's that decided to stop the yearly matchup.

Gobblers11B
12-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Cuero has to travel 2 hours to play rio hondo the last two years that just means it's a pain for Cuero to get games they will play anyone.

SintonFan
12-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Besides that, I think Cuero would donkey-stomp Refugio...... ;)

I think Daingerfield will beat Refugio by at least 2 TDs.....

Refugio has been danged stout lately. I think this year's Refugio team could play with Cuero... but who knows. It didn't happen. The two scruels are close enough to make it happen.

I hope Daingerfield is as good as they have been in their state Championship years because Refugio is pretty darn good. Can Refugio lose by two touchdowns? Sure, but I don't know anything about their opponent, so maybe si maybe no.:nerd:

Footballhudini
12-10-2009, 03:51 AM
You daingerfield lost to gilmer all terribly, and cuero nearly beat gilmer. If refugio can play on the cuero level they should at least beat daingerfield by 2 TDs imo.

Daingerfield 48
Refugio 14

lostaussie
12-10-2009, 07:24 AM
daingerfield is sick!!!!!!! skill position are the the best we have seen all year. they would be top 10 in 3a no doubt. if i had to bet my house on any team left to win it all.............it would be the tigers..............even moreso than lake travis. i doubt the next 2 games will be close.............but hey, i could lose my house:D