PDA

View Full Version : Tim Donaghy ESPN interview

Keith7
12-07-2009, 06:51 PM
If you haven't seen it yet, look it up. He confirms everything I've been saying about the NBA for years. It's so sad the NBA is basically the WWE with ESPN coverage

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
He was on 60 minutes last night too.

Keith7
Originally posted by Emerson1
He was on 60 minutes last night too.

I didn't see that one.. Only the ESPN one. Is the 60 minutes interview even jucier?

Txbroadcaster
Why should someone believe him is the question I have

Keith7
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Why believe the NBA? Don't give me that "because the NBA cares" b.s. either

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

hahaha..my question is because he provides no proof other than word of mouth.

shamu85
12-07-2009, 06:55 PM

I wouldn't trust either. Stern is a complete joke, and this guy's is trying to make a living now with a past that doesn't point to a whole lot of honesty.

Keith7
12-07-2009, 06:55 PM
hahaha..my question is because he provides no proof other than word of mouth.

true but he was winning 75% of his bets so that should tell you something

Emerson1
12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I didn't see that one.. Only the ESPN one. Is the 60 minutes interview even jucier?
I dunno. He talked a lot about the mob and how he got involved with them.

coach
12-07-2009, 07:25 PM
i discovered that the nba fixed games when they fixed the miami dallas series

TexMike
12-07-2009, 08:03 PM
The guy is an admitted dishonest cheating liar. But now that he says something some folks want to believe he is credible?????

He wrote a book right?. But before it could be published, the publisher realized they could be held liable for his libelous unprovable assertions and claims so they pulled the plug.

I'd be interested to know how much 60 minutes paid him for his little performance.

KTown
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I thought the interview was very interesting. It was crazy that the NBA and the FBI both had separate investigations and found that his calls did not affect his picks. But subconsciencely he had to be favoring certain calls. Those refs also talk a lot during timeouts and halftime, in between quarters and if you can just get one of those guys to sway your way then you are good to go.

turbostud
12-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Yea he said that refs targeted players like Allen Iverson, Rasheed Wallace, Ron Artest, and Chauncy Billups.

Old Tiger
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by coach
i discovered that the nba fixed games when they fixed the miami dallas series Well I discovered it was fixed when the Spurs don't win it all every year! :(

Maroon87
12-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by coach
i discovered that the nba fixed games when they fixed the miami dallas series

Funny...you always hear Kenyon Martin's biggest fan talking about how the NBA is fixed like the WWE. Yet who was guest hosting Raw last night? Yep...

Hypocrisy, thy name is Cuban.

StangEm
12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I loved how he called out certain specific players as players that officials target before games (Billups, Artest, etc). Also the fact that he said that the NBA is a show and that it is the easiest sport to influence because of it's subjectivity makes me chuckle. This has been a long time coming my friends.

StangEm
12-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh!! And let's not forget everyone's friend Alan Iverson!! Harsh words thrown at his name too. I love it!!

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Funny...you always hear Kenyon Martin's biggest fan talking about how the NBA is fixed like the WWE. Yet who was guest hosting Raw last night? Yep...

Hypocrisy, thy name is Cuban.

huh? what?

Old Tiger
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm intrigued by everything he says and I think it very well could all be true but I just would like to see some hard evidence.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Remember in the late '90s when Rodman and Malone basically sold a WCW pay-per-view by "starting" a feud during a NBA game and then wrestling in a WCW pay per view to settle it?

StangEm
12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I'm intrigued by everything he says and I think it very well could all be true but I just would like to see some hard evidence.

Good luck in that......Finding "hard" evidence in this will be like trying to find hard evidence in the mystery of "Who farted in the elevator?"

Maroon87
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
huh? what?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-WWE-wrestler-slams-Mark-Cuban-through-tab?urn=nba,207347

kaorder1999
12-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Nobody believed Canseco at first either!!

kaorder1999
12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
The guy is an admitted dishonest cheating liar. But now that he says something some folks want to believe he is credible?????

He wrote a book right?. But before it could be published, the publisher realized they could be held liable for his libelous unprovable assertions and claims so they pulled the plug.

I'd be interested to know how much 60 minutes paid him for his little performance.

all of this sounds so much like Canseco. People called him a cheating liar for saying he used steroids and then when he wrote the book everyone said he was just trying to sell a book and he couldnt be believed. That was what I SAID as well and a LOT of what he was saying has turned out to be true!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-WWE-wrestler-slams-Mark-Cuban-through-tab?urn=nba,207347

My point was..so?

Keith7
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
My point was..so?

You don't see some kind of connection here?

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 05:05 PM
You don't see some kind of connection here?

nope sure dont..Wrestling does not hide behind any kind of We are real curtain. It is called Entertainment for a reason.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
nope sure dont..Wrestling does not hide behind any kind of We are real curtain. It is called Entertainment for a reason.

Funny you use the word "entertainment" because that's exactly what Donaghy called the NBA

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Funny you use the word "entertainment" because that's exactly what Donaghy called the NBA

dont get me wrong..I am not saying I DONT believe him, I am just sayng until we have hard proof why SHOULD someone believe him

Keith7
12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
dont get me wrong..I am not saying I DONT believe him, I am just sayng until we have hard proof why SHOULD someone believe him

We didn't have any hard proof O.J. did it but everyone in the country assumed he was guilty

big daddy russ
12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
all of this sounds so much like Canseco. People called him a cheating liar for saying he used steroids and then when he wrote the book everyone said he was just trying to sell a book and he couldnt be believed. That was what I SAID as well and a LOT of what he was saying has turned out to be true!!!
Great points. This actually changed my mind a bit on the subject.

The belief in someone's truthfulness should be taken in context. Unless they're proven pathological liars, there's no logical reason to just assume they're always lying because they did it once or twice.

Most of these people lied while they were in the act of cheating. They have much more incentive to lie when a career or reputation (or marriage, in many cases) is on the line. It's amazing what they're free to say after their reputation is shot and they sever associations with an organization.

Not saying that we should believe everything they say, just saying that we shouldn't automatically discount their stories because they lied about cheating in the past. Give the facts a chance to surface before pointing fingers.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

the thing is..with Canseco's claims were backed up down the road by hard evidence...I dont know unless someone sales out the NBA from the inside will there ever be hard proof

Keith7
12-08-2009, 06:30 PM
unless someone sales out the NBA from the inside will there ever be hard proof

Isn't that what Donaghy is doing?

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Isn't that what Donaghy is doing?

hard proof is not one man saying something..Canseco was later backed by TEST results...in this instance there is not even a paper trail that backs up what he is saying

Keith7
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
hard proof is not one man saying something..Canseco was later backed by TEST results...in this instance there is not even a paper trail that backs up what he is saying

Ok I see what you're saying now.. I guess only time will tell but in the mean time I believe Donaghy and find his interview very interesting

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Ok I see what you're saying now.. I guess only time will tell but in the mean time I believe Donaghy and find his interview very interesting

I tend to lean to believing some of it..not sure about all of what he says

TexMike
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Great points. This actually changed my mind a bit on the subject.

The belief in someone's truthfulness should be taken in context. Unless they're proven pathological liars, there's no logical reason to just assume they're always lying because they did it once or twice.

WOW, we would sure like to get guys like you on the jury when we are taking cases to court that are based on testimony of our street informants!

big daddy russ
12-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by TexMike
WOW, we would sure like to get guys like you on the jury when we are taking cases to court that are based on testimony of our street informants!
Tough to win a case on testimony alone.