PDA

View Full Version : Headhunter & Cuero Gobblers

headhunter
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I thought this title would surely bring attention to this thread and that is what I wanted.

I let my emotions play a huge part in the second post I made about the Gilmer vs Cuero game. I wanted to take a minute to apologize to the people who were offended by this post and to the regulars on this message board. I understand that you see this kind of thing in sports often. A player or coach makes a statement to the media or breaks a rule and then they issue an apology, and it is supposed to be all better. Well, I don’t expect for anyone to cut me any slack, that is not what this is about. It is about owning up to a statement I made and saying, I’m sorry. Yes, I felt in disagreement with the final plays called. Yes I questioned why they were made, and Yes, I brought up the past; all which was uncalled for. This board is to talk football and to enjoy what is going on in high school sports and the rest of the world. It is not the place for me to tell someone else they did a poor job. To set the record straight, I played for Coach Reeve; I got along very good with him. I actually think he and I were pretty good buds back in the day. I always appreciated his work and my comments were made in disgust of him still not having things fall his way. He has been too successful to not have a ring. I am a huge fan of the Cuero Gobbler athletic program and follow almost every sport. I would love to be able to give more back and one day hope that is possible.

Normally I receive one or two Personal Messages a week asking what my thoughts are on the game and when I am going to post my pregame analyst. That is what I enjoy doing, I like to break the game down and note key aspects. The statements I made were in no way the statements I would make toward any individual who tries his best to succeed. There is no excuse for my comments but I would like all to note that is not the person I am. I have many close contacts on the current team and I know those kids would not appreciate the comments I made. The Gobblers played their hearts out just as we did. The result wasn’t what we wanted but we are all on the same team. Coach Reeve was the right man for the job in 2003, to this day he still is. My apologies to the Cuero Coaching staff, I actually think a lot of the coach I know personnaly and I hope to learn from my statement. Good luck and you can bet I’ll be there in the stands next year watching you contend for that State Championship.

hookandladder
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
I thought this title would surely bring attention to this thread and that is what I wanted.

I let my emotions play a huge part in the second post I made about the Gilmer vs Cuero game. I wanted to take a minute to apologize to the people who were offended by this post and to the regulars on this message board. I understand that you see this kind of thing in sports often. A player or coach makes a statement to the media or breaks a rule and then they issue an apology, and it is supposed to be all better. Well, I don’t expect for anyone to cut me any slack, that is not what this is about. It is about owning up to a statement I made and saying, I’m sorry. Yes, I felt in disagreement with the final plays called. Yes I questioned why they were made, and Yes, I brought up the past; all which was uncalled for. This board is to talk football and to enjoy what is going on in high school sports and the rest of the world. It is not the place for me to tell someone else they did a poor job. To set the record straight, I played for Coach Reeve; I got along very good with him. I actually think he and I were pretty good buds back in the day. I always appreciated his work and my comments were made in disgust of him still not having things fall his way. He has been too successful to not have a ring. I am a huge fan of the Cuero Gobbler athletic program and follow almost every sport. I would love to be able to give more back and one day hope that is possible.

Normally I receive one or two Personal Messages a week asking what my thoughts are on the game and when I am going to post my pregame analyst. That is what I enjoy doing, I like to break the game down and note key aspects. The statements I made were in no way the statements I would make toward any individual who tries his best to succeed. There is no excuse for my comments but I would like all to note that is not the person I am. I have many close contacts on the current team and I know those kids would not appreciate the comments I made. The Gobblers played their hearts out just as we did. The result wasn’t what we wanted but we are all on the same team. Coach Reeve was the right man for the job in 2003, to this day he still is. My apologies to the Cuero Coaching staff, I actually think a lot of the coach I know personnaly and I hope to learn from my statement. Good luck and you can bet I’ll be there in the stands next year watching you contend for that State Championship.

When you become a fan and not on the field playing it is very hard to hold your opinions inside, you will learn in time to either get your degree and become the man on the sideline making the calls or sit in the stands and try to understand the reasoning behind the calls. The armchair coaches in the stands that are yelling at the coaches are just showing their ingorance, let the coaches coach and the chips fall where they fall. You sound as if you are still pretty young with pretty good knowledge of the game, get your degree and so day we will be watching you coach a championship team. Go Luck in the future.

OldBison75
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I applaud you for this post and the explanation of why it had to be made. Each of us has opened our mout (or banged on the keyboard) and said things that were emotional responses and spur of the moment. It take a big, big person to take the heat you have and still come on here and admit that they might have overstepped the bounds of good taste.

What this post tells me is that you are a knowlegeable fan of the game and want your team to succeed at all times, even expect it. It also tells me that in your days of growing up and your football experience, you learned many valuable life lesson and admit that Coach Reeves had a hand in those lessons. If we all agreed with every decision made by coaches, I would have been trained to do the job. What better situation than have a job where everything you do is smiled upon by everyone your represent. You have a right to be critical of coaching decisions, just use a little thought and start the attack with the reality that you are looking at decision with the benefit of knowing the result of the coaches call. It is easy to second guess when you can already eliminate one option and there is no way to prove whether your call would have really resulted in a better outcome.

I can see that is not new information from your post and respect you for stepping up and accepting responsibility for making some comments that many feel were cruel and uncalled for.

Good luck to you and to the Cuero Gobblers next year--a program with your tradition will not be kept from another ring for long.

Green Bling
12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
HH, I was really disappointed in your original remarks as you know by my post to that. I was really surprised to hear you say those things about Coach, because I know what a huge supporter of Gobbler athletics you are. This apology is a huge growing up step for you. I really respect you for owning up to your actions. Chalk this up to another step in becoming a man. And now we look forward to baseball season, right?

sinton66
12-07-2009, 07:41 PM
One of the chief reasons we have the rule against the bashing of coaches is because it's too easy to do on a format like this where the man has no opportunity to defend himself. Coaches who ARE members here would NOT debate fans on a public board.

If one feels very strongly about their convictions in this area, one needs to take it up with the Booster Club or the school board. Same thing with bashing school administrations. Ask yourself if you have the brass to say these things to the man's face and let the answer be your guide.

Had I seen this as it was happening, I probably would have issued a warning. Since you manned up and admitted you were wrong, as far as I'm concerned it ends there.

lostaussie
12-07-2009, 08:03 PM
your buddies figured out who you were..............i don't feal sorry for you a teeny weeny bit. what you said was an embarrasment to the kids, the coaches and that whole town. they deserved better than that.

12thMan
12-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
your buddies figured out who you were..............i don't feal sorry for you a teeny weeny bit. what you said was an embarrasment to the kids, the coaches and that whole town. they deserved better than that.

I don't think he's asking anyone to feel sorry for him. It takes a big person to come out and say their sorry and that they were wrong. It's life and it's appart of growing up.

forum_guy
12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm sure that there are a number of people in the town questioning some calls that were made down the stretch. You are not the only one HH but hey what can we do? Should be interesting to see how some of the holes get filled by some new Gobblers next year. Still have the BEAST coming back.

lostaussie
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
I don't think he's asking anyone to feel sorry for him. It takes a big person to come out and say their sorry and that they were wrong. It's life and it's appart of growing up. I'll say again, those kids deserved better than that. they left it all on the field for their entire community. for the coaches and kids to be disgraced like that was totally uncalled for. he started the thread and said he wanted to sleep on it before posting................that was premeditated................he knew what he wanted to say the night before............i'm out

12thMan
12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I'll say again, those kids deserved better than that. they left it all on the field for their entire community. for the coaches and kids to be disgraced like that was totally uncalled for. he started the thread and said he wanted to sleep on it before posting................that was premeditated................he knew what he wanted to say the night before............i'm out

I agree with you 100%. What he said was uncalled for. No excuses. I was just saying it takes a big person to say they're sorry.

But yes, I was disappointed in the comments be made.

WILDGOBBLERCAT
12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Agreed aussie. Most people's emotions settle down over a 12 hour period. Oh well.

Good to see the apology, and hopefully it didn't come by demand from a local downlow moderator or momma. We'll just have to assume it was sincere. HH comes from a very nice family (top notch) and is not representing at all the type of people he was raised by. More of a head-scratcher than head-hunter.

I guess we'll see if this is for real in future posts. Oh well, I guess the 15 minutes of fame came and went. Hopefully that garbage will stay off the downlow. That's all.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't think ANY of the moderators had anything to do with it. Was it uncalled for? Yes, it was. Was his apology sincere? Yes, I feel it was.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Brad McCoy had turkey on thanksgiving. (I am responding to every thread with a Brad McCoy reference. Yes my life is that boring and pathetic.)

Corn Cob
12-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm pretty sure this apology is not "heart felt". It is most definitely "pressure felt"! I have heard this young man, a.k.a. Headhunter, spew this kind of cr@p out of his mouth about the Cuero coaches for years, both up in the stands and on this Board. While I'm somewhat glad to see that he came back on this Board and "crawfished", I hope that the coaches, players, and fine folks from Cuero don't forgive and forget that easily. He said some things that can't be taken back and the excuse of "let my emotions play a huge part" in what he said won't cut it with me, and should not cut it with anybody else!

NateDawg39
12-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
I'm pretty sure this apology is not "heart felt". It is most definitely "pressure felt"! I have heard this young man, a.k.a. Headhunter, spew this kind of cr@p out of his mouth about the Cuero coaches for years, both up in the stands and on this Board. While I'm somewhat glad to see that he came back on this Board and "crawfished", I hope that the coaches, players, and fine folks from Cuero don't forgive and forget that easily. He said some things that can't be taken back and the excuse of "let my emotions play a huge part" in what he said won't cut it with me, and should not cut it with anybody else! who are you anyway....

themiddle
12-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I have been sitting here and reading this string of posts and the original thread that started this. I feel an obligation to reply to this sickening mess.

Headhunter, your actions were premeditated. You say that you were posting facts. No you were not. You were spewing the same hate that you spew n the stands at the games. It is not fun to sit around those of your ilk and watch that type of attitude. You see, the men that you are talk about in the stands and "call out" on these message boards are good men. Actually, they are great men. From top to bottom. These men have families and they do not need to be burdened with your hate speech. And yes I know there is free speech, but with that comes the ability of those of us who know who you are to call you on it. How do we know who you are. Well we analyze things too. Patterns of speech and words. when you read your posts and listen to you in the stands, it is clear. Yes you have an axe to grind. But you made your bed and we all know it.

Now you come with your crocodile tears because everyone knows exactly who you are. I know you are not sorry because I know you are still talking about the same things today, just not on this board. You are sorry you were caught.

You made a point to bring up the last years and the last four plays. You were called on it and now you crawfish. You speak of your analysis that people clamor for. But the only people that want your analysis are your friends that for a lrge part act the way you do. Ya'll sit around and say I would do this or that in the game. Well go do it. Can you? Not as well as the men we have I can assure you. You see, it is typically those that did not play or cannot coach that sit around and say well I can this. Ya'll can't. Plain and simple. Also, please do not compare yourself to the people on ESPN. That is their profession. Further, the do not have an axe to grind.

As for hose that agree with you, they are as ignorant as you are. That is aimed at forum guy and nate dog. And nate dog to answer your question, I am sure Corn is a man who likes going to games and not listening to people like you, headhunter and forum guy. The real question, is who are you anyway? Because people who know foot ball know what we have. Something akin to pride. when ya'll grow up maybe you will understand. Because when you make statements like this

"My beef isn't really with Mark per say, I do like the guy and I know he means well. I think he put himself in a tough spot working with his son. Travis has tendencies and over 5 years those have hurt him. The only thing that stops the Gobbler offense is usually ourselves. Tyler Arndt may have just been the best QB to come through Cuero and when it mattered the most we did not give him the best chance to run or throw it in on 3rd and 4th down."

it becomes obvious your tendencies.

Plus it was not a personal attack to point out her you are hh, because that is part of analysis, which you like, what is the source? so to put it language I know you will understand, I am just calling a ball a ball and a strike a strike.

To anyone else I have offended, I apologize. I would like to say that in advance lest I get banned.

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM
thats a hell of a first post...................and i doubt you offended anyone:clap::clap:

Pudlugger
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Well, I don't think it is hate speech. That is taking this too far. This is a case of a frustrated fan who has a lot of personal pride invested in the Cuero football team getting a ring and failing for whatever reason. He let his emotions gain control over hiim. Let us just accept his apology and stop this whole tirade now. The Gobblers and Coaches have much to be thankful for. Let us give thanks for that and move on. Great season Gobblers you did not disappoint anyone. You are a top tier team and should be proud. Thanks for the excitement.:D

themiddle
12-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well, I don't think it is hate speech. That is taking this too far. This is a case of a frustrated fan who has a lot of personal pride invested in the Cuero football team getting a ring and failing for whatever reason. He let his emotions gain control over hiim. Let us just accept his apology and stop this whole tirade now. The Gobblers and Coaches have much to be thankful for. Let us give thanks for that and move on. Great season Gobblers you did not disappoint anyone. You are a top tier team and should be proud. Thanks for the excitement.:D

Wrong. You have not sat next this person. It is hate. Apologies only work when you are sorry. And to make excuses is part of the problem. It is not a tirade to respond to what was a tirade. Headhunter took it to far. I am merely responding and calling t what it is. I will not sit by and listen to it here or in the stands anymore.

Ranger Mom
12-08-2009, 09:03 PM
This thread is now closed....take it up in PM's!!

CueroDad08
12-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Those of us that know "Headhunter" Also know what kind of man he is. This is not in anyway the kind of man alot of you think he is. This is a man that was raised by two great people and he is a carbon copy of both of them. This man has a heart of gold and would do ANYTHING to help you, just like his DAD. Let's not let the heartbreak game last saturday night end with something so dumb. He is a man that loves everything about Cuero. He just like alot of us Cuero people just "hate to loose". We lost and he lost his cool. He said he was sorry, let's move on. There has been Lots and Lots of things said on here that we ALL wish we could take back over the years. And only a handfull of US have came back on to say SORRY. Let's move on now. It's over.
Headhunter #8 needs your help on weekends to get ready for baseball. Call me.