PDA

View Full Version : Someone else noticed what I noticed

Keith7
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10481260/Texas-shouldn't-have-gotten-a-'second'-chance

eagles_victory
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Still do not see how there is a complaint here the ball hit the ground with 1 second clear as day there was 1 second on the clock when the ball hit the ground.

Keith7
12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Still do not see how there is a complaint here the ball hit the ground with 1 second clear as day there was 1 second on the clock when the ball hit the ground.

Because that happens 100 times each game but it NEVER gets reviewed.. It was bone head play by mccoy, he didn't deserve to get the re-do

GrTigers6
It just shows there are other idiots that are fishing for ways to make Texas lose. IT aint gonna happen!
I'm just glad that alabama finally gets to play someone who is actually talented and not at the top of the rankings because of popularity.

waterboy
Yes, it was clear. There was definitely a second left when the ball hit the ground. The clock keeper wasn't quick enough to stop the clock when it should've been stopped. When I saw the clock run out, I was hollering stop the clock, 'cause I knew there should've been a second left. I also think it shouldn't have come down to that, though. Poor clock management there at the end by the Longhorns..... The Longhorns, for whatever reason, did not look like the team I've been watching all year. They looked out of sorts, not sharp at all. I think the 'Husker defense surprised them, too.

eagles_victory
12-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Because that happens 100 times each game but it NEVER gets reviewed.. It was bone head play by mccoy, he didn't deserve to get the re-do Good point Keith Texas should of had 25 seconds left instead of 1

Trashman
12-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yes, it was clear. There was definitely a second left when the ball hit the ground. The clock keeper wasn't quick enough to stop the clock when it should've been stopped. When I saw the clock run out, I was hollering stop the clock, 'cause I knew there should've been a second left. I also think it shouldn't have come down to that, though. Poor clock management there at the end by the Longhorns..... The Longhorns, for whatever reason, did not look like the team I've been watching all year. They looked out of sorts, not sharp at all. I think the 'Husker defense surprised them, too.

I agree waterboy they were definitely playing with their rose colored glasses on. :D

OldBison75
12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
And, if all the haters would have seen the play, the officials on the field were signaling the clock to stop before time ran out and even the referee said after the game that they knew on the field that one second was left.

Deal with it---if that had been your team in the same situation and they would not have given the second back--you would be ragging like crazy on the refs and the conference, and everybody.

navscanmaster
12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
And, if all the haters would have seen the play, the officials on the field were signaling the clock to stop before time ran out and even the referee said after the game that they knew on the field that one second was left.

Deal with it---if that had been your team in the same situation and they would not have given the second back--you would be ragging like crazy on the refs and the conference, and everybody.

He's right, and I can say that even though I really wanted TCU in the title game. The reviewed pass at the end was a correct call. I think some have said that reviewing an incomplete pass for the purpose of clock adjusting/verifying is not allowed by rules, and though I would like clarification on that, I still think that turned out right.

If you are going to pick on a bad call that gave UT the victory, I would look back at the phantom pass interference call against Nebraska, when Malcolm Williams had not only gone out of bounds and was not looking for the ball at all, but incidental contact and a completely uncatchable pass were overlooked by the ref who went on and made a horrible call. That was on a scoring drive on 3rd down, too. THAT is where my beef would be if I had a dog in this fight.

TexMike
12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
12-3-6 of the rules gives the replay official the authority to correct an "egregious error" and includes game clock errors. Ending the game when there was obviously a second left qualifies as an egregious error in my book and I could care less who won the game.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
12-3-6 of the rules gives the replay official the authority to correct an "egregious error" and includes game clock errors. Ending the game when there was obviously a second left qualifies as an egregious error in my book and I could care less who won the game.

no I think the point of some are...That kind of thing happens all of the time, so why does THAT play get reviewed and not all of em

forum_guy
12-07-2009, 08:31 PM
UT will be begging for the last few seconds to GET ran off against Alabama. Jk but still Bama by 17.

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
UT will be begging for the last few seconds to GET ran off against Alabama. Jk but still Bama by 17. Yeah cause they are tired of scoring TD's :D:D :D

forum_guy
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Yeah cause they are tired of scoring TD's :D:D :D

lol yeah keep telling yourself that

TexMike
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
There is a "5 and 5" philosophy that says, if there are more than 5 minutes left in the game, do not make any clock corrections of less than 5 seconds. If under 5 minutes left, then make corrections regardless of time to be corrected.

But that is for clock errors caught by the on-field crew. And even in this game, the on-field crew already knew the clock had to be corrected. 1 guy on the crew, normally the S or the B, keeps his own game clock during the game. Furthermore, everyone on the crew who is not involved with covering dead ball action is responsible to glance at the clock when the ball becomes dead in critical timing situations so all can confer and get the time right. The herd of zebras I was with Saturday night watched the crew's body language following the play and knew they were going to correct the clock, even before the replay official buzzed the umpire to tell the referee clock was under review.

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
There is a "5 and 5" philosophy that says, if there are more than 5 minutes left in the game, do not make any clock corrections of less than 5 seconds. If under 5 minutes left, then make corrections regardless of time to be corrected.

But that is for clock errors caught by the on-field crew. And even in this game, the on-field crew already knew the clock had to be corrected. 1 guy on the crew, normally the S or the B, keeps his own game clock during the game. Furthermore, everyone on the crew who is not involved with covering dead ball action is responsible to glance at the clock when the ball becomes dead in critical timing situations so all can confer and get the time right. The herd of zebras I was with Saturday night watched the crew's body language following the play and knew they were going to correct the clock, even before the replay official buzzed the umpire to tell the referee clock was under review. Thats how obvious it was.

turbostud
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
My sister was at the game and said even in real time you could tell there was time left on clock. She said even the CornHusker fans sitting next to her agreed.

sinton66
12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
My sister was at the game and said even in real time you could tell there was time left on clock. She said even the CornHusker fans sitting next to her agreed.

Does this mean that your sister knows more about football than Keith7?:D

turbostud
12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Does this mean that your sister knows more about football than Keith7?:D
Yup. :D

navscanmaster
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Yup. :D

ha

michaelp23
12-07-2009, 09:09 PM
"If Texas beats Alabama, and TCU wins its bowl game, perhaps voters will think long and hard before casting their final ballot ... instead of the way they voted Sunday."

That was an excerpt from the ridiculous article Keith posted. That is the most blatant example of media bias I've seen. To say that Texas shouldn't win the championship even if they BEAT Alabama is just stupid. The writer obviously has an undelying problem with Texas, even if he denies it.

turbostud
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
She also said Jerry World is like a huge mall with a football field in the center.

GreenMachine
12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
It just shows there are other idiots that are fishing for ways to make Texas lose. IT aint gonna happen!
I'm just glad that alabama finally gets to play someone who is actually talented and not at the top of the rankings because of popularity. They are playing Texas, not TCU.

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
They are playing Texas, not TCU. Either or is better than Alabama

zebrablue2
12-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Because that happens 100 times each game but it NEVER gets reviewed.. It was bone head play by mccoy, he didn't deserve to get the re-do

would U get off your soap-box... gets old dude:rolleyes: texas is in the NC game, and there is not a thing U can do about it..

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
would U get off your soap-box... gets old dude:rolleyes: texas is in the NC game, and there is not a thing U can do about it.. Except watch them win it. :D

GrTigers6
12-07-2009, 11:15 PM
and make excuses why they won. The refs, the reciever was lucky he caught the pass right in his hands, or the scorekeeper handed them the game.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
I thought there should have been 2 seconds added back on. Get over it and go cheer on your UNT Lean Green in their bowl game... oh wait....

injuredinmelee
12-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Brad McCoy thiks there should of been 3 seconds added to the clock.

(I am responding to every thread with a Brad McCoy reference. Yes my life is that boring and pathetic.)

statewide
12-08-2009, 12:53 AM
You have to remember, we are talking about Texas University. It doesn't matter how you get there, lie, cheat,steal whatever it takes.

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2009, 01:01 AM
well someone else noticed what i noticed too Keith
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95914&highlight=douche

:D

rockdale80
12-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
well someone else noticed what i noticed too Keith
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95914&highlight=douche

:D

I did give him a good run for the money. :D

Looking4number8
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Good point Keith Texas should of had 25 seconds left instead of 1

Thats brilliant!

waterboy
12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Trivia question:

When was the last time Alabama beat Texas?

kaorder1999
12-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no I think the point of some are...That kind of thing happens all of the time, so why does THAT play get reviewed and not all of em

ive seen it reviewed on more than one occasion this year...

Third
12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Trivia question:

When was the last time Alabama beat Texas?

UT is 7-0-1 against the Tide, so never.

waterboy
12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Third
UT is 7-0-1 against the Tide, so never.
:clap: :clap: Bingo!

Although that could change this year.:( The Longhorns will definitely have to play their best game of the year to win this one.

JasperDog94
12-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Keith started this silly thread and then left us to argue amongst ourselves?:D

Good job Keith.:2thumbsup

Fletch
12-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Keith made an honest mistake.

He is just used to a "running clock" from Gainesville games.

:D :D

statewide
12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
make it 7-1-1.
Roll Tide Roll

NastySlot
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
hey i have question or maybe someone can correct me aren't all plays in college reviewed?

if so then there is no question that the officials had it right.

Keith7
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
The clock should have expired.. texas got luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyy yyyyy

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4725231

Daddy D 11
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
The clock should have expired.. texas got luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyy yyyyy

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4725231

I think you are even better than me at getting people lol

XtremeCouture
12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
keith is just a moron.

forum_guy
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
with that call aside UT did absolutely nothing to show they will be able to move the ball on alabama. Bama by 17.

GrTigers6
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4725231 That doesnt say the clock should have expired. It says that it expired after McCoys pass. Man you are really fishing for excuses:dispntd: