PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Wylie / Gilmer game

STANG RED
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
So who all is going?

Thought maybe some of us in the same general locations could get together for a ride.
I'd like to go, but would rather have a swamper or two or three. I can take three real comfortably with me, if anyones interested.

I treid texting some of my buddies on here, but for some reason cant get a text to go. Maybe my company has started restricting texting now, idk.:confused:

lostaussie
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
i'm thinking about making the trip over:D

95mustang
12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Im about 85% sure I will be there. I hope Wylie don't mind a little Maroon mixed in with their purple.

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i'm thinking about making the trip over:D

Me too! :D

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I am reaaaady!! :D

:)

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Me too! :D You bringing any cake or peanutbutter cookies:confused: :confused:

BuckeyeNut
12-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I will be there

ccmom
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Im about 85% sure I will be there. I hope Wylie don't mind a little Maroon mixed in with their purple. Your burgundy...oops I mean Maroon, will be welcomed!! Come join us. It's going to be a BLAST!

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
You bringing any cake or peanutbutter cookies:confused: :confused:

I can. :) In fact, I will probably have to bring DaHop peanut butter cookies. You'll have to see if he'll share. :p

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Your burgundy...oops I mean Maroon, will be welcomed!! Come join us. It's going to be a BLAST! I will most likely sit on the Wylie side, but I will have my Gilmer shirt on! :devil: :D

ccmom
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I will most likely sit on the Wylie side, but I will have my Gilmer shirt on! :devil: :D I know how much you love purple and gold P4S, and I will be happy to bring you a shirt!!

LE Dad
12-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I can. :) In fact, I will probably have to bring DaHop peanut butter cookies. You'll have to see if he'll share. :p :thumbsup: :p

garciap77
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Me too! :D

Nice Cake! Can you bring one to the game?:)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/1sp-1.jpg

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I know how much you love purple and gold P4S, and I will be happy to bring you a shirt!! If you have a BLACK shirt with some purple in there somewhere, I'll take it otherwise...no thanks. :eek: :devil: :D

If we have a M&G BEFORE the game, I will bring cake & cookies. LOL

garciap77
12-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I will most likely sit on the Wylie side, but I will have my Gilmer shirt on! :devil: :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SMGWYLIE.jpg

OK! I'm working on a nicer shirt!:D

hollywood
12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I plan to be there. I've be looking forward to this match up all season... yes I'm guilty. The Maroonblood's only help with the support of Reg 1, dist. 2-3A, right? I don't think I own anything purple and gold... purple, gold, but not purple and gold. Hmm, maybe I can mix something up... it might say Tarleton on it.

Should be a dandy!:clap:

pirate4state
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SMGWYLIE.jpg

OK! I'm working on a nicer shirt!:D

You better stop that or there will be no cake or cookies for you! :mad: :foul: :D

95mustang
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
I plan to be there. I've be looking forward to this match up all season... yes I'm guilty. The Maroonblood's only help with the support of Reg 1, dist. 2-3A, right? I don't think I own anything purple and gold... purple, gold, but not purple and gold. Hmm, maybe I can mix something up... it might say Tarleton on it.

Should be a dandy!:clap:

You can wear Maroon. That's the colors I will have on anyway. I don't own anything purple and I can't bring myself to buying something purple either. :D

garciap77
12-07-2009, 05:11 PM
You better stop that or there will be no cake or cookies for you! :mad: :foul: :D

:D

OK!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/hiding.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

DaHop72
12-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I can. :) In fact, I will probably have to bring DaHop peanut butter cookies. You'll have to see if he'll share. :p :dispntd: :dispntd: :speech: :speech: :devil: :devil:

hollywood
12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
You can wear Maroon. That's the colors I will have on anyway. I don't own anything purple and I can't bring myself to buying something purple either. :D

Maroon for sure, that's a staple. I think the purple and gold combo mixed with the maroon would look worse than the Virginia Tech's maroon and orange.:D

lostaussie
12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
If you have a BLACK shirt with some purple in there somewhere, I'll take it otherwise...no thanks. :eek: :devil: :D

If we have a M&G BEFORE the game, I will bring cake & cookies. LOL you are so my girl............wear that orange and black proudly...............you need a new hoodie:D

blowfish
12-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I will be there.. anyone willing to give me a piggy back ride?

squid
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
if you dont mind piggy backing on a forklift......

injuredinmelee
12-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Brad McCoy will be watching Carthage game film during the Wylie game. (I am responding to every thread with a Brad McCoy reference. Yes my life is that boring and pathetic.)

Ranger Mom
12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Brad McCoy will be watching Carthage game film during the Wylie game. (I am responding to every thread with a Brad McCoy reference. Yes my life is that boring and pathetic.)

But you are "wicked cool!":)

Are you planning on being there? I should be there with hubby, daughter and son-in-law in tow.....and I will be wearing "purple and gold" in support of Region I.

garciap77
12-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
I will be there.. anyone willing to give me a piggy back ride?

I got you!:D

;)

garciap77
12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Are you planning on being there? I should be there with hubby, daughter and son-in-law in tow.....and I will be wearing "purple and gold" in support of Region I.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nobogey72
12-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll be there. When not in the pressbox I'll be sitting with Troybuilt. He usually sits in Section C (or "C-Section" as it is sometimes known). I want to sit with him so that if he has something to say to me he can say it to my face.:eek: :eek: :eek:

ivchris
12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I'll be there with my camera. I'm taking nobogey in the 4th.

waterboy
12-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I'll be there. Got somebody to cover for me this weekend at work.:clap:

GO BUCKEYES!! 48 MORE MINUTES!!

STANG RED
12-08-2009, 12:22 PM

So yall have to load the son-in-law in a trailer to bring him? Wow that must be one big ol boy. Or does he just smell bad? :D

And yep, the Injured one is riding with me.:thumbsup:
Got me two swampers now.

bowleghorses
12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Poor Me...I got to listen to it on the puter...It will be broadcast right?:( :(

BDB
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Would not miss this one at all, going to be a good one.I may sit close enough to the press box to throw things at ole broadcast team.

blowfish
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Poor Me...I got to listen to it on the puter...It will be broadcast right?:( :(

Every Wylie Football game is on the radio and the internet.

Rocket
12-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Gilmer, don't waste your gas money.

Pendragon13
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
lol @rocket^^:doh:

Anyway, is parking really going to be an issue like everyone is saying? You would think that a D1 college stadium would have no trouble hosting a 3A contest....but then again this is for state and we'll pick up numerous people that haven't been following either school this year.

pirate4state
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

Oh sweet 8lb baby Jesus....:eek:

Why don't you waste a little gas money and come down and watch what is sure to be an instant classic!

hollywood
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13

Anyway, is parking really going to be an issue like everyone is saying? You would think that a D1 college stadium would have no trouble hosting a 3A contest....but then again this is for state and we'll pick up numerous people that haven't been following either school this year.

Remember it's in uptown Dallas. Nowhere to expand much in HP.

Wonder if Coach Allen will be there? I bet he will since it's in his backyard. Pulling for the team from Taylor county.

kepdawg
12-08-2009, 02:48 PM

I've been to multiple games there and have never had any issues with parking.

LE Dad
12-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Anyway, is parking really going to be an issue like everyone is saying? You would think that a D1 college stadium would have no trouble hosting a 3A contest....but then again this is for state and we'll pick up numerous people that haven't been following either school this year. There is plenty of parking, just no huge lots like you would expect. You will probably walk about 5-10 mins. It is a weird place for a University. Very cool atmosphere though.

:cool:

LE Dad
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Gilmer, don't waste your gas money. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Predictible :doh:

hollywood
12-08-2009, 03:12 PM

:thumbsup:

You what happened the last time this was said. Nananana, nananana, hey hey hey, good bye...

Deuce
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM

You what happened the last time this was said. Nananana, nananana, hey hey hey, good bye...

The last time I saw him say it Graham won!

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM

:1popcorn:No...........what happened? :1popcorn:

waterboy
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
:rolleyes: I believe I'll take my chances........;)

:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
12-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:rolleyes: I believe I'll take my chances........;)

:rolleyes:

Me too!!

This is the matchup my husband has been wanting to see since the first of the season!

waterboy
12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Me too!!

This is the matchup my husband has been wanting to see since the first of the season!
Yeah, but you're a traitor.:hand: I thought you were a Buckeye fan, and yet you want to sit on the home (loser's) side.:devil:

Ranger Mom
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, but you're a traitor.:hand: I thought you were a Buckeye fan, and yet you want to sit on the home (loser's) side.:devil:

I AM a Buckeye fan.....I just don't know any of y'all personally like a I do the AW people....plus, I am a Region I gal, first and foremost!!! (and....ccmom gave me a shirt!!!!:) )

This is one of the games that I love because I like both teams and no matter who wins, I will still be happy.

I hope it is close all the way through and comes down to whoever has the last possession!!!!

waterboy
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I AM a Buckeye fan.....I just don't know any of y'all personally like a I do the AW people....plus, I am a Region I gal, first and foremost!!! (and....ccmom gave me a shirt!!!!:) )

This is one of the games that I love because I like both teams and no matter who wins, I will still be happy.

I hope it is close all the way through and comes down to whoever has the last possession!!!!
:mad: Dang it! You've been BOUGHT! Hey, I can bring you a Buckeye shirt and meet you and hubby at the gate on the visitor side. Whatcha say about that? That way you can't say you don't know any of us Nutz.:devil: :inlove: :D

Besides, why would you want to sit on the losers' side, and watch all the cryin' goin' on after the game.....depressing....:devil: ......especially when you could sit on the winners' side (Gilmer) and watch us celebrate after the game.

BDB
12-08-2009, 04:25 PM
:mad: Dang it! You've been BOUGHT! Hey, I can bring you a Buckeye shirt and meet you and hubby at the gate on the visitor side. Whatcha say about that? That way you can't say you don't know any of us Nutz.:devil: :inlove: :D

Looking at your Avatar, you shouldnt be hard for her to pick out of the crowd.:p

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM

:D well...........as long as we are hoping..............i hope we beat dog%&*# out of them:D

waterboy
12-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by BDB
Looking at your Avatar, you shouldnt be hard for her to pick out of the crowd.:p
At least I have one.:p I've been thinking about changing it, but........oh, well.;)

pirate4state
12-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Have you decided where we are meeting? Before, half time or both??

Ranger Mom
12-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Have you decided where we are meeting? Before, half time or both??

Am I in charge???:eek: :eek:

kepdawg
12-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Am I in charge???:eek: :eek:

You're the one who started the thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101053)!

Come on mom people are counting on you!

Ranger Mom
12-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You're the one who started the thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101053)!

Come on mom people are counting on you!

I will handle the halftime M&G....anything beforehand will have to be by someone more "local" than me!! I know NOTHING about that area!!!!

kepdawg
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I will handle the halftime M&G....anything beforehand will have to be by someone more "local" than me!! I know NOTHING about that area!!!!

Mr. Squared should be in charge of that because he started this thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101058).

waterboy
I nominate nobogey!

..........uuuuuhhh, wait a minute........I thought you said "more loco"......never mind!:D

Inmateboss

Hey you got to be somewhere doing something!!! Sic' em!!!:D

Ranger Mom
12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I called SMU and talked to them about what would be the best place!!:D :D

The girl I spoke with said behind the scoreboard would be the perfect place....(between gates 1 and 8 - someone had said that earlier).

In this slide slow...picture 14 shows a good picture...there is a van parked in the appx area of the proposed M&G!!!

SMU slideshow (http://smumustangs.cstv.com/view.gal?id=5796)

hollywood
12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
The last time I saw him say it Graham won!

You got it... in a big way... statement win.

We'll see...

DaHop72
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM

:D I have been on both teams bandwagon in Div. I since the playoffs started as well. I will have to root for the Wylie Bulldogs since they are our district brethren and representing our district and region. But I wish the best of luck to the Buckeyes as well since I consider lostaussie (who sent me a personalized Buckeye shirt:D ) and Buckeye80 friends of mine even though I have never met them in person. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I have been on both teams bandwagon in Div. I since the playoffs started as well. I will have to root for the Wylie Bulldogs since they are our district brethren and representing our district and region. But I wish the best of luck to the Buckeyes as well since I consider lostaussie (who sent me a personalized Buckeye shirt:D ) and Buckeye80 friends of mine even though I have never met them in person. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win. all you got to do is show up my friend.............we will both be IN THE HOUSE:D

pirate4state
12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I have been on both teams bandwagon in Div. I since the playoffs started as well. I will have to root for the Wylie Bulldogs since they are our district brethren and representing our district and region. But I wish the best of luck to the Buckeyes as well since I consider lostaussie (who sent me a personalized Buckeye shirt:D ) and Buckeye80 friends of mine even though I have never met them in person. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win. Am I baking you cookies or not?

kepdawg
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Am I baking you cookies or not?

I like cookies!

DaHop72
12-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Am I baking you cookies or not? Still working on it, sure hope so. :D

lostaussie
12-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Still working on it, sure hope so. :D you need help:D

DaHop72
12-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you need help:D :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

pirate4state
12-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I like cookies!

So does DaHop! Are you gonna make the trek after your game?

kepdawg
12-08-2009, 08:12 PM

I don't think so.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2009, 11:44 PM

your giving away your cookie?

by the way Brad McCoy eats his oreos in one bite.

injuredinmelee
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
any places within walking distance of campus for a pre game meal? DOnt forget that Fox Sports will have booths with games set up for the kiddos at 4pm that afternoon.

BDB
12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
DOnt forget that Fox Sports will have booths with games set up for the kiddos at 4pm that afternoon.

They will? I have not heard that. Will have to take my youngun there to check it out., than ks for the info.

Rocket
12-09-2009, 03:34 PM

Heaven forbid you do anything. Sheesh. LOL